NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 8.0

+44
Carvin
Bkdude
Frozen.9
kalleg
JT33
WinterColdandSnowisamyth
aiannone
phil155
Coachgriff
lglickman1
mmanisca
MattyICE
2004blackwrx
Scullybutcher
TheAresian
essexcountypete
mikeypizano
RJB8525
Radz
brownie
nutleyblizzard
Grselig
richb521
Math23x7
dolphins222
CPcantmeasuresnow
crippo84
Quietace
rb924119
heehaw453
Irish
Dunnzoo
GreyBeard
weatherwatchermom
frank 638
jmanley32
dkodgis
billg315
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
Frank_Wx
HectorO
docstox12
48 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

1 - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 8.0

Post by amugs Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:38 pm

Tesla revolutionized our world.  Upon his death which Edison and the Cabal at the time orchestrated,  they took all of his files, tens of thousands of ideas, inventions, from the New Yorker Hotel Room where he last lived and died in and never to be seen or found again. He invented AC current and he worked for Edison for a short stint when he told Edison his DC current was not sustainable over distances. He actually was noted for his work on many of Edison invention patents edison recieved. Edison in a market ploy, brought in woman and children and investors, bankers, and politicians to witness the electrocution of a female African Bull Elephant to show the dangers of AC current that Tesla was touting. Ediosn then stole it from Tesla. Tesla had JP Morgan as his backer but once he witnessed this he pulled his money.  
That tower in LI was torn down in the 50's.
There is so much more about Tesla, the man was a visionary and brilliant. He was not one of them, Rockefeller, Ediosn, Ford, Morgan, Carnegie etc etc so they had to destroy him which they did financially and psychologically.

Last edited by amugs on Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

sroc4 and docstox12 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:58 pm

amugs wrote:Tesla revolutionized our world.  Upon his death which Edison and the Cabal at the time orchestrated,  they took all of his files, tens of thousands of ideas, inventions, from the New Yorker Hotel Room where he last lived and died in and never to be seen or found again. He invented AC current and he worked for Edison for a short stint when he told Wdison his DC current was not sustainable over distances. Edison in a market ploy, brought in woman and children and investors,  bankers ,politicians and electrocuted a female African Bull Elephant to show the dangers of AC current that Tedla was touting. Tesla had JP Morgan as his backer but once he witnessed this he pulled his backing. 
There is so much more about Tesla, the man was a visionary and brilliant. He was bot one of them so they had to destroy him which they did financially and psychologically.

Doc and Mugs the tower and building you’re referring is still standing, although I’m sure it’s a replica, thanks to a complete  renovation of the grounds only about 2-3miles to my west in Shoreham. I’ll snap a picture of it. My buddy is one of the architects on the project actually. A lot of asbestos in there so things are slow go. I’ve seen some of the images from the run down insides of the complex.  Pretty incredible. There are a couple of buildings on the grounds and my buddy was able to walk in the tunnels that connect them. Pretty cool stuff.

sroc4
Admin
Admin

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:28 am

sroc4 wrote:
amugs wrote:Tesla revolutionized our world.  Upon his death which Edison and the Cabal at the time orchestrated,  they took all of his files, tens of thousands of ideas, inventions, from the New Yorker Hotel Room where he last lived and died in and never to be seen or found again. He invented AC current and he worked for Edison for a short stint when he told Wdison his DC current was not sustainable over distances. Edison in a market ploy, brought in woman and children and investors,  bankers ,politicians and electrocuted a female African Bull Elephant to show the dangers of AC current that Tedla was touting. Tesla had JP Morgan as his backer but once he witnessed this he pulled his backing. 
There is so much more about Tesla, the man was a visionary and brilliant. He was bot one of them so they had to destroy him which they did financially and psychologically.

Doc and Mugs the tower and building you’re referring is still standing, although I’m sure it’s a replica, thanks to a complete  renovation of the grounds only about 2-3miles to my west in Shoreham. I’ll snap a picture of it. My buddy is one of the architects on the project actually. A lot of asbestos in there so things are slow go. I’ve seen some of the images from the run down insides of the complex.  Pretty incredible. There are a couple of buildings on the grounds and my buddy was able to walk in the tunnels that connect them. Pretty cool stuff.

Wow, Doc and Mugs on the tower.Doc, let us know in banter when the project is complete in Shoreham, that is a new entry on my bucket list! Tesla is someone I greatly admire.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:08 am

sroc4 wrote:

SROC that is so cool. i watched with my classes the video on Tesla and that they tore down the tower originally uless it was AI back then that he probably invented LOL!!! Cool to know and I know many have used his fregquency energy to transport electricity without the use of wires and had no effect nor affect on the people or nature in its path from video reports!

So lets look at teh what to thewhy and the why to the what?
What was needed for Tesla's energy vibration systems to produce electricty? about 1/8 the materials of the Edison systems.
Why was Edison system chosen.........many reasons but the monolopolies at the time controlled the materials needed to produce the system - make sense? Carnegie = metals - copper, tin, Oil = Rockefeller the machinary to produce all the materials and even used the tarring materials to insulate the wires, Ford = transportation equipment, etc etc etc.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

sroc4, docstox12 and kalleg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:48 pm

My friend and I built (or attempted to) a medium sized Tesla coil. Well it worked partially but the prime generator of electricity failed and all we got was a fire underneath it (was attached to a large board on the ground) and no sparks between the conductors. Was still a fun project but ultimately failed and was to much work to rebuild. I think our best build was a potatoe launcher that used a long PVC piping and a compression chamber so strong it made potatoe juice when shot at a wall, if shot at long range you cound't even see where it went, lol ahh the young college years.

In regards to this winter after seeing the LR I am putting my expectations just about the same as last year. Low, doc and CP will cash in but 287 S &E will prolly see 5 inches. I am actually going for the record, gotta keep it interesting so 0 snow recorded in my area. Granted we will likely see flakes but if the temp predicitions are right and we have a strong El Nino I think it is a shot in the dark for the coast. It is funny how our changes of TS and hurricanes has ever increased which changes of a epic snowstorm have trended down. But who knows, call me a debbie downer sure but I really honestly think we are headed to a 3 season climate at least along the coast with brief times of cold in what I am going to coin "fallinter." lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:57 pm

jmanley32 wrote:My friend and I built (or attempted to) a medium sized Tesla coil. Well it worked partially but the prime generator of electricity failed and all we got was a fire underneath it (was attached to a large board on the ground) and no sparks between the conductors. Was still a fun project but ultimately failed and was to much work to rebuild.  I think our best build was a potatoe launcher that used a long PVC piping and a compression chamber so strong it made potatoe juice when shot at a wall, if shot at long range you cound't even see where it went, lol ahh the young college years.

In regards to this winter after seeing the LR I am putting my expectations just about the same as last year. Low, doc and CP will cash in but 287 S &E will prolly see 5 inches. I am actually going for the record, gotta keep it interesting so 0 snow recorded in my area. Granted we will likely see flakes but if the temp predicitions are right and we have a strong El Nino I think it is a shot in the dark for the coast. It is funny how our changes of TS and hurricanes has ever increased which changes of a epic snowstorm have trended down. But who knows, call me a debbie downer sure but  I really honestly think we are headed to a 3 season climate at least along the coast with brief times of cold in what I am going to coin "fallinter." lol

Kind of early yet to really tell, by the end of November I start to get a feeling of where we are going using 63 years seat of the pants winter observations,LOL.I like the series of storms we had all those weekends, that early pattern suggested moisture would be there if it continued in the winter.The cold air situation is progressing, getting frost up here tonight.
Lets see how late November through December pans out.

That potato(e) launcher would be a big hit in Ireland, jman!Congrats on the Tesla Coil attempt.You could appreciate his genius in getting that to work,lol.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:01 pm

docstox12 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:My friend and I built (or attempted to) a medium sized Tesla coil. Well it worked partially but the prime generator of electricity failed and all we got was a fire underneath it (was attached to a large board on the ground) and no sparks between the conductors. Was still a fun project but ultimately failed and was to much work to rebuild.  I think our best build was a potatoe launcher that used a long PVC piping and a compression chamber so strong it made potatoe juice when shot at a wall, if shot at long range you cound't even see where it went, lol ahh the young college years.

In regards to this winter after seeing the LR I am putting my expectations just about the same as last year. Low, doc and CP will cash in but 287 S &E will prolly see 5 inches. I am actually going for the record, gotta keep it interesting so 0 snow recorded in my area. Granted we will likely see flakes but if the temp predicitions are right and we have a strong El Nino I think it is a shot in the dark for the coast. It is funny how our changes of TS and hurricanes has ever increased which changes of a epic snowstorm have trended down. But who knows, call me a debbie downer sure but  I really honestly think we are headed to a 3 season climate at least along the coast with brief times of cold in what I am going to coin "fallinter." lol

Kind of early yet to really tell, by the end of November I start to get a feeling of where we are going using 63 years seat of the pants winter observations,LOL.I like the series of storms we had all those weekends, that early pattern suggested moisture would be there if it continued in the winter.The cold air situation is progressing, getting frost up here tonight.
Lets see how late November through December pans out.
Absolutely, was rather a rant than anything with back up other than the down side of a 75% change or more of a strong el nino. But as I said I see it getting cold for you and you having no issues but it caqnnot hurt more than last years 5 inches IMBY, and for most down here I think. I believe only the jersey shore ended up with nada, I may be wrong. We will see, like my mother always said look out the window then you will know what the weather is lol

I know this forum has a beef with Beantown but the science musem has a amazing i believe largest tesla coil, i always ensure i see the lightning show. Though been at least 10 years since I been there but i have a lot family in MA and we used to love that place. The Omni theater was cool too, best one being a slew of rollercoasters, i actually got a bit ill lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:50 am

You're a debbie downer

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:00 am

sroc4 wrote:

You're a debbie downer

Just remember this statement from the write up in the LR thread:

MJO seems to be stuck in a loop in and around phase 8-1.  Now one might think wait.  I thought we want phase 8 and or 1 for cold and snow.  In winter the answer to this would be hell yeah.  But during different times of year the same phase for winter can result in different pattern during other times of year.  Here is the current MJO forecast; then the temp composites those phases match with for Sept/Oct/Nov(SON), and Oct/Nov/Dec(NOD):

Here are the MJO temp composites for Nov/Dec/Jan(NDJ), Dec/Jan/Feb(DJF), and Jan/Feb/March(JFM).  If we cont to loop around the same phases this winter will be NOTHING like previous. So stop the debbie downer-ism in Oct for crying out loud. Temper expectations, remain cautiously optimistic, and let it play out. In the end non of us are in control.

1 - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 29 Mjo_nd11
1 - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 29 Mjo_dj11
1 - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 29 Mjo_jf11

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:54 am

JMAN brotehr look at the glass as half full. The step down process is actually in motion now for November and we have our 1st true arctic cold shot incoming to the USA Thursday/Friday and then it slides east by Monday. We had a few clunkers for sure. El Nino maybe strong but MEI index is certainly not in that relam AT ALL as it sits at an index of .6, thats moderate at best. Conflicting issues in teh atmosphere = not coupled. The STJ will be active for sure but doesnt mean warm and wet off the bat and the analogs for 97-98 or even 15-16 are not happening.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:43 pm

amugs wrote:JMAN brotehr look at the glass as half full. The step down process is actually in motion now for November and we have our 1st true arctic cold shot incoming to the USA Thursday/Friday and then it slides east by Monday.  We had a few clunkers for sure. El Nino maybe strong but MEI index is certainly not in that relam AT ALL as it sits at an index of .6, thats moderate at best. Conflicting issues in teh atmosphere = not coupled. The STJ will be active for sure but doesnt mean warm and wet off the bat and the analogs for 97-98 or even 15-16 are not happening.

Mugs, you and doc are presenting good information that keeps me in the glass half full category.Keep calm and carry on men!!!
Had a wisp of frost and now waiting for the first flurries.Maybe next week!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:29 pm

docstox12 wrote:
amugs wrote:JMAN brotehr look at the glass as half full. The step down process is actually in motion now for November and we have our 1st true arctic cold shot incoming to the USA Thursday/Friday and then it slides east by Monday.  We had a few clunkers for sure. El Nino maybe strong but MEI index is certainly not in that relam AT ALL as it sits at an index of .6, thats moderate at best. Conflicting issues in teh atmosphere = not coupled. The STJ will be active for sure but doesnt mean warm and wet off the bat and the analogs for 97-98 or even 15-16 are not happening.

Mugs, you and doc are presenting good information that keeps me in the glass half full category.Keep calm and carry on men!!!
Had a wisp of frost and now waiting for the first flurries.Maybe next week!!
Fair enough , not that i really understand that really technical stuff but I will trust that your optimism will play out this year, if not no hard feelings. Doc was not chilly at all here just a sweater and was 63 at 6:30pm driving home.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:30 pm

sroc4 wrote:

You're a debbie downer
Well then lol, I could have guessed. Honestly, it does not matter to me all that much either way, a lack of snow means I don't bust my shoulder again, a good year of snow means I do but the snow will be fun!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:26 am

I'm honestly not sure what to think lol.  I've heard the El Nino pattern will give us a snowy and cold winter and I've heard it will give us a below average snowfall and milder one.  Hopefully, we all cash in.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

SENJsnowman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:59 am

jmanley32 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:

You're a debbie downer
Well then lol, I could have guessed. Honestly, it does not matter to me all that much either way, a lack of snow means I don't bust my shoulder again, a good year of snow means I do but the snow will be fun!

Hey Jon, In your own words you asked to called a debbie downer; so I obliged. LOL

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:27 am

I don’t know if anyone follows, joe cioffi and joe rao on their Facebook or YouTube channel tonight. They’re having a show talking about this upcoming winter pattern and long range pattern. They also having other meteorologist as well. it starts at 7:35 PM.

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Dunnzoo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:35 am

This is just crazy! These poor people had no time to prepare, going from a tropical storm to Cat 5 in 12 hours! Models are the solid lines, the dashed line is the actual intensification.

1 - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 29 Otis10

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:43 am

Dunnzoo wrote:This is just crazy! These poor people had no time to prepare, going from a tropical storm to Cat 5 in 12 hours! Models are the solid lines, the dashed line is the actual intensification.

Wow, an epic fail on the part of the models.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:54 am

Small area of warm water that contributed to the quick intensification.

1 - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 29 Warmwa10

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:46 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:Small area of warm water that contributed to the quick intensification.

1 - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 29 Warmwa10

It is so tragic..the world and everything in it is upside down right now..I pray for those people and am trying to bury head in the sand about all the news...so no tv right now..
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:53 pm

omg....Acapulco

https://youtu.be/bCmvZUBGc28

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:49 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:omg....Acapulco

https://youtu.be/bCmvZUBGc28
Good lord, looks like more than a hurricane, thick concrete was shattered jesus.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:16 pm

frank 638 wrote:I don’t know if anyone follows, joe cioffi and joe rao on their Facebook or YouTube channel tonight. They’re having a show talking about this upcoming winter pattern and long range pattern. They also having other meteorologist as well. it starts at 7:35 PM.

see you there!

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:56 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:
frank 638 wrote:I don’t know if anyone follows, joe cioffi and joe rao on their Facebook or YouTube channel tonight. They’re having a show talking about this upcoming winter pattern and long range pattern. They also having other meteorologist as well. it starts at 7:35 PM.

see you there!
watching it right now

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:07 am

The world has gone mad .. Sad Sad
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:05 pm

docstox12 wrote:
Dunnzoo wrote:This is just crazy! These poor people had no time to prepare, going from a tropical storm to Cat 5 in 12 hours! Models are the solid lines, the dashed line is the actual intensification.

Wow, an epic fail on the part of the models.

Massive and by NHC as well who are usually pretty good. Imagine tihs were to happen in USA - NOLA or Gold Coast of Florida? The damage and death would be ridiculous, heads would literally roll - I know Andrew and michale were at those scales but a widerspread scenerio?

How about thes temperature differences. This is holy mother of cold for October in the Northern Plains!!

1 - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 29 F9dIPvRW4AAhEkZ?format=png&name=medium

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:36 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:

see you there!

What they say?

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content