NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: "Off-Topic Island"

+14
Grselig
keliza52
billg315
Taffy
Math23x7
algae888
sroc4
SNOW MAN
Quietace
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
CPcantmeasuresnow
docstox12
amugs
18 posters

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

OT: "Off-Topic Island" - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: "Off-Topic Island"

Post by amugs Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:22 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:The king did provide a good storm on the 14th-15th of that there is no denying. I suppose in our haste to oust him, I mean everyone else's haste I was just reporting others wishes, we may have forgotten that. I'm willing to give everyone a second chance. As the good book says "let him without sin cast the first stone". However he must deliver some snow to our areas before the calendar turns to April. I believe there should be a three inch minimum. Let it go before the Parliament. Doc shall count the ballots.

I can see it now one vote for Mugs, One no vote for Mugs, another no vote for Mugs - Okay the parliament has spoken  2 no votes to one yes I love you - he's out - HAHAHA!!

Last edited by amugs on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:25 pm

CP,

Mugsy, we may accept you as a regular citizen here on OTI, it is really up to a vote of the OTI Parliament, but face the facts buddy your reign as King is over. Also former King Mugsy, I believe it is time to change the name of this thread from Snow Weenie, To "Off Topic Island". We the citizens of OTI have adopted this name for our place of solitude. This should also be placed before Parliament for a vote

Now if I give up the crown so peacefully and honorably as I intend to do (Don't make me change me mind boy!) I MUST be accepted as a citizen of this land - no ifs, ands, or buts about it!

amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:32 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:It's good to have Mugs back where he belongs and funny as ever. He try's to be a mainlander but you can take the boy out of OTI but you can't take OTI out of the boy. I believe today's posts all around may have set a new record for laughs. Let's hope the Dragon never finds this place.

Sir CP that's why I vanished for a while today. I was sharpening my sword and preparing my weapons to try and slay the Dragon if it should enter the OTI. Will I be triumphant ? Possibly. If I should be killed in this battle I hope my OTI brothers will take on this beast and keep him out of our beloved kingdom.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Sir CP are you saying we should keep our current King king in his position and not oust him. If so, I will only agree to this if he appoints Sir Doc as royal joker  jocolor  and as you said provide us with snow by April. One question is it 3" of snow for one storm or a couple of events ?
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:25 pm

I happily accept the position of joker of OTI.Isn't it better, oh citizens, to enjoy a good laugh with your weather rather than the manic intensity, anxiety,frustration and disappointment of the mainland?

Look, I told all the subjects here kindly and gently yesterday this storm was not fated to be ours and to smooth this over, plied the OTI message board with comedy to assuage the disappointment.

Fear not, beloved citizens of OTI.We are in the northern and western territories, those that have been in years past, the biggest yielders of snow.

Here is my proposition in accordance with Citizen CP's request on King Mugsy re-assending the throne.Yes, he did ascend Feb. 5th and produced big time Feb 13, especially favoring our beloved OTI territory.Perhaps the evil kingdoms of the South and East countered with an evil spell to cancell out King Mugsy's power.

I grant and second the second chance for King Mugsy if he can produce ANY measuarble snowfall in April.Perhaps, CP, that three inches of snowfall maybe a bit too harsh.I leave that amount subject to OTI Parliamentarian discussion.

Another caveat is King Mugsy MUST guarantee that next winter will be a traditional OTI winter with over 60 inches of snow in our territories.

Checked with NWS, dear citizens, and it looks like this will produce a cirrus cloud over the Flemish Cap as CP predicted."Nothing to see here, folks, keep moving along...."

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:29 pm

amugs wrote:
docstox12 wrote:In the OTI Post Office,there will hang three pictures, front and side views, of Rayno, Bastardi, and Henry.Wanted by the OTI  IBS (Island Bureau of Snowvestigation) for KOD murder of snowstorms that bypassed OTI territory (EPA, HV and NNJ).

Do not try to apprehend these suspects on your own.They are known to be viscious snow murderers merely with the use of words and not weapons.Should one be foolhardy and try to do this, make sure a liberal supply of duct tape is at hand.

That is all.

Oh Jesus I thought it ways Moe, Larry and Curly! Well they act like them so.......

I also was thinking Manny, Moe and Jack but you are more correct with the Stooge comparison.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:40 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:It's good to have Mugs back where he belongs and funny as ever. He try's to be a mainlander but you can take the boy out of OTI but you can't take OTI out of the boy. I believe today's posts all around may have set a new record for laughs. Let's hope the Dragon never finds this place.

Sir CP that's why I vanished for a while today. I was sharpening my sword and preparing my weapons to try and slay the Dragon if it should enter the OTI. Will I be triumphant ? Possibly. If I should be killed in this battle I hope my OTI brothers will take on this beast and keep him out of our  beloved kingdom.  

Fear not, Citizen Snow.Remember...."United we stand. divided we fall!"

WE, the Parliament of OTI have total control of this small slice of the NJ Strong Weather universe.No evil force can defeat our combined powers of comedy and humor PLUS we know something about weather as well.We have many more years of combined observations, an extremely talented statistician (CP) a great model interpreter (Mugsy),an incredible motivator (SNOW) and a crusty, old hilarious fart watching winter weather since 1960 ( ME)!

The powers that be probably never fathomed the chain of events that were launched when this incongrous group of outcasts were sent to this fine Island to work as a well oiled machine of weather and comedy.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:46 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:Noticed on my trip to the mainland just now the concensus at 1PM is starting to verify what I had said yesterday.This thing is going east and south of us.Accuweather had me for maybe 1 to 3.No blocking.

Somebody mentioned Bastardi said it would go over the BM. I now expect it to pass directly over the Flemish Cap and we maybe see one Cirrus cloud as a result from that Bastardi KOD.

Luckily I saw the Perfect Storm, several times I might add, and I know where the Flemish Cap is. I had mentioned this storm would probably hit Portugal the way it was trending, several pages ago, but maybe a last minute westward jog and it will graze the Flemish Cap.

I believe everyone over on the mainland is now accepting that this is not our storm, again.  Tom finally had top put in the last word, as he has been saying all along, and tell the select few that are still wishcasting a blizzard, it aint gonna happen.

Mugsy, we may accept you as a regular citizen here on OTI, it is really up to a vote of the OTI Parliament, but face the facts buddy your reign as King is over. Also former King Mugsy, I believe it is time to change the name of  this thread from Snow Weenie, To "Off Topic Island".  We the citizens of OTI have adopted this name for our place of solitude. This should also be placed before Parliament for a vote.

It may be time for a search party to be sent out looking for Sir Snow Man, he had some great posts this morning,  lol!  but he has been missing for several hours. Frankly I'm worried he is being held captive on the mainland.

Even though I was initially reluctant to accept Franks exile to OTI, in retrospect it was the best thing he ever did. My blood pressure is already down 30 points.

You will extend your life five years spending the majority of you time in the peace, solitude and calm of OTI in the presence of funny, weather loving peope.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Doc

What can I say, this may be your finest day yet. My head actually aches from laughing.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:55 pm

amugs wrote:Let's Party boys, the OTI style -

DOC, put in those teeth - double the glue will ya;
   SNOW, crack that shoulder, wind er up real good;
      CP, throw me a one liner with a bottle of Sam, make that two bottles of Sam and clear your throat for God's sake

Now we're talkin"!!

Loyal Subject Mugsy, with classic comedy you have crafted above, I myself feel you will always be a permanent citizen of OTI.

Parliament is in session and debating and discussing terms and conditions for a possible re-ascension to your throne.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:55 pm

You will extend your life five years spending the majority of you time in the peace, solitude and calm of OTI in the presence of funny, weather loving people.

and

Even though I was initially reluctant to accept Franks exile to OTI, in retrospect it was the best thing he ever did. My blood pressure is already down 30 points.

I think I pissed my pants from laughing no crying Doc and CP - Man of tooth - Doc not of Teeth I forgot!! CP is man of tooth as per the picture!

That my dear OTI freinds is .................PRICELESS!!!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Do i have a say ol' friend, Lou's Tavern buddy, Bergen County neighbor, Ol Channel 7 board chum and Jester of OTI. May I speak on my behalf to the three good men of this land and also Parliament and decider of me fate???

As the great Groucho Marx would say" if this isn't a Kangroo court I do not what is - honk,. honk"

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:59 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Doc

What can I say, this may be your finest day yet. My head actually aches from laughing.

Ah, Citizen CP I have yet to begin!

Of course, like Miller A storms hitting our area, timing is the key.After today's comedy to lift everybodies spirits, I will just throw in a few minor yucks in the next few days and then ATTACK AGAIN! BWAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:07 pm

amugs wrote:Do i have a say ol' friend, Lou's Tavern buddy, Bergen County neighbor, Ol Channel 7 board chum and Jester of OTI. May I speak on my behalf to the three good men of this land and also Parliament and decider of me fate???

As the great Groucho Marx would say" if this isn't a Kangroo court I do not what is - honk,. honk"

Yes we all speak equally with our heads held high here.That is, unless you get me on a bourbon and a cigar night.

Great on Groucho.I remember one of those TV Shows from the 50's where some old dame , prim and proper Librarian type, was a guest.Groucho asks here, "Well, Madam, tell us about yourself!"

She says..."Well, Groucho, I have no vices....absolutely no vices!"

Groucho replies...."Well, why do you wake up in the morning!!!!"
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:01 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:

Sir CP that's why I vanished for a while today. I was sharpening my sword and preparing my weapons to try and slay the Dragon if it should enter the OTI. Will I be triumphant ? Possibly. If I should be killed in this battle I hope my OTI brothers will take on this beast and keep him out of our  beloved kingdom.  

Sir Snow: Excellent foresight as usual. You make all of the citizens of OTI proud with your bravery and cunning. If there are ever any female residents of OTI I'm sure you will be in high demand.

As for the Dragon, there doesn't appear to be anyway to slay him. You can only slay a dragon if you can keep his mouth closed, and in this case that doesn't seem possible. Our only hope is to stay hidden as best we can. Only travel to the mainland when absolutely necessary. If you or any residents of OTI are ever captured, remember only give your username, average seasonal snowfall, and this years low temperature.

As always Snow Man, should any member of your team be caught or killed on the Mainland, the Parliament of OTI will disavow all knowledge of your actions.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:18 pm

I have just came back from the Mainland. I had to put my thoughts about hurricane season there. Luckily I made it out without being scorched by the Dragon. It's such a pleasure to be back in the OTI.

I think my spline burst I laughed so hard about your last post. Even my wife was looking at me like I lost my mind. GOOD STUFF !!!
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:01 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
SNOW MAN wrote:

Sir Snow: Excellent foresight as usual. You make all of the citizens of OTI proud with your bravery and cunning. If there are ever any female residents of OTI I'm sure you will be in high demand.

As for the Dragon, there doesn't appear to be anyway to slay him. You can only slay a dragon if you can keep his mouth closed, and in this case that doesn't seem possible. Our only hope is to stay hidden as best we can. Only travel to the mainland when absolutely necessary. If you or any residents of OTI are ever captured, remember only give your username, average seasonal snowfall, and this years low temperature.

As always Snow Man, should any member of your team be caught or killed on the Mainland, the Parliament of OTI will disavow all knowledge of your actions.

Great way to start my day with a good laugh, CP. Classic post.

Guess we will have to come up with nicknames now.....Mr.Phelps, Willy, Rollin Hand and Barney,LOL! Absolutely great show from the 60's!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:27 am

I made another visit to the mainland this morning. I find it very exhausting, to much thinking going on. I'm heading to my cave for an afternoon nap.

BTW- When are we starting on some construction projects here? It's only been three days but I'm getting tired of sleeping in a cave. I still love everything else about this place though, so I shouldn't complain.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:02 pm

We have a few hammocks arriving from the mainland in a couple of days.Please make do with your current address and the issue of new construction will be brought up at the next session of OTI Parliament.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Well I took a journey to the Mainland. WOW ! there's just to much going on over there. There's talk of close calls, 40/ 70 benchmarks, and to many other things that have my head spinning right now. WHEW ! Thank God for the OTI where it's always peaceful and relaxing and there's NO DRAGON ! Three cheers for The OTI !!! HIP HIP HOORAY ! HIP HIP HOORAY ! HIP HIP HOORAY ! Long live the KING !  king Speaking of the King, have we decided if we should keep our current one on the throne or not. My vote is yes. I believe he should be given a second chance, but under Sir CP's terms which were outlined in an earlier post.

Sir CP I didn't see any posts today with your low temperature for this morning. Hmmm, why not ?

Sir Doc the Royal Joker, jocolor when will the session of the OTI Parliament meet to discuss the construction needs on our special Island ? I just want to make sure I'm available so I can attend and put my ideas on the square round table. Thanks.

WOW ! I'm writing an awful lot in this post. Could it be that the Dragon has put a MEGA POSTING SPELL on me while I was in the Mainland. Lord I hope not !

Well let me retire to my hollowed out log for a quick nap to try and clear my head from all the mumbo jumbo I've been contaminated with in the Mainland. See you countrymen later.  Sleep
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Repeat after me...."OTI is peace, OTI is peace..."

Yes, I have checked the mainland and watched the commotion regarding Japanese Scientists influencing low pressures that could actually give us a major snowstorm in OTI! West-East,West-East.Apparently, Joe Bastardi has been resurrected and is now leading their charge into Blizzardland.Good luck with that! Last time I checked, the Yoda of Weather, Frank, the all powerful, has a line running above me in the "sky" saying "Coastal storm likely to remain well offshore."

At the moment, parliament is tabling the resolution concerning construction on OTI in fear that this island may be in danger of being obliterated by the major snowstorm that just maybe can come west.

Regarding Mugsy....his pent up rage at being de-throned just may be channelling the NW low to become the dominant low in this last snowstorm and that could obliterate OTI as we know it.An 8 to 12 inch snowstorm would certainly show his power and I could go back to the mainland with proof that it was King Mugsy, not Dr.Fuzzykawa that caused this snowstorm!

Enjoy your log, SNOW, while it lasts,LOL!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:57 am

All citizens of off topic island, I have discovered serious security breaches and we all must meet in an emergency Parliamentary session to discuss.

Snowman, get out of your log and wake up, Doc I don't know where the heck you sleep on this island but it's time to wake up. I don't even know if mugs visits the island, so I'm not even sure of his status as a citizen yet. It looks like he will most surely be a an ex King, but I am open to welcoming him back as a citizen, despite his two-month tyrannical reign.

I don't think we can table anymore construction projects, if the US government can go $17 trillion into debt I don't see why we can't issue some bonds and start building some homes. I also believe it's time to build the barbed wire fence. This island has only been inhabited for four days yet I notice there have already been over 730 visitors. How is this possible? I've never seen anyone on this island other than snowman, Doc, mugs and a brief visit from Ryan and Frank. So how can there be 730 visitors, and I've only seen four people? Our border must be more porous than the US border. It's time to stop talking about building a fence and just put it up. I'll build it out of Off-Topic Island sand if we have to. It's freaking me out to think there are people wandering our Island while I'm sleeping in my cave. It also leaves us vulnerable to attack from the Dragon or any other undocumented visitors.This is our cherished island, if we can't protect it who will? We were given this island by our benevolent Administrator Frank, so let's at least show our appreciation and get some things done.

God bless Frank's soul, when he originally banished us to OTI, I thought it was a punishment, we all know now it was the best thing he ever did for us. Long live Administrator Frank, I know he has too many other duties on the mainland but if he would accept it, I would have the coronation ceremony today to make him the King of off-topic island. I realize we have a Parliament, but let's face it it's a do-nothing Parliament. I'm still sleeping in a cave. I can't even get them to okay a hammock. I know Doc those hammocks are coming in any day now right?

In conclusion, the time to act is today, not tomorrow.

There are still those hoping that the raging blizzard will somehow hit the coastal areas of the mainland. There is as good a chance of that happening as there is of Pamela Anderson moving into my cave with me tonight.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:01 pm

And herein lies the problem with the citizens of OTI, and the OTI Parliament. Security breaches, and slumlord housing conditions, and 8 hours later neither the citizens or the politicians address anything. They actually go so far as to pretend these problems don't exist with their wall of silence.

I may secede at midnight and start my own country, "Off Off-Topic Island" if my concerns are not addressed by then. I may still sleep in a cave tonight but at least I'll sleep there knowing the new government of OOTI will at least listen to my complaints.

This blizzard that has been talked about hitting the mainland for the last week, has as good a chance of happening as Joel Bastardi has of being named the new climates Czar for global warming by Pres. Obama.

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:26 pm

CP,

What such security breech? Who has found us? What is the emergency about and no I did not leave ytou my good man! I stil King wil always have my disciples backs and fronts for that matter. I will seceed my crwon if by April 1 I dod not whip up some white white gold for the but I have been very busy in the coutryside and finding ways to help dodge the dragon.

Call a meeting to order if you may.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Sorry for the long silence, but I was preparing my spring and summer weapons for grooming lawns for the two season's for which I have no weather interest in.

If we are going to address the issue's of the OTI we must set a time to meet our fellow countrymen to vote and resolve the issues that you mention in your post CP. I think the security issue should be the first thing we take care of. I agree with you CP it is a little unsettling that people are prowling around without us seeing them and a possible invasion from the Dragon would be devastating. I say we get to work on a fence at once. As for the sleeping quarters, I do not have any answers on how to resolve this issue. Funds in the OTI just aren't plentiful so building some kind of housing will be hard to resolve. But you know what are motto is, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. NOW LETS GET IT DONE !

SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:45 am

CP, those "visitors" are merely seeking some comedy to relieve their abject disappointment in the fact that this latest "snowstorm": so accurately predicted by myself a few days ago to miss us entirely, did in fact miss us entirely! They are starved for comedy in the face of that. They may freely wander the Island as we are beacons of freedom.Our only other alternative is to get the Committee of Scientific development to design and build a force field, such as the Martians had in the old 1953 movie "War of The Worlds" ( "Guns, tanks planes.....they're like toys against them...!") to prevent espionage.This will have to be brought up before Parialment as it is a major shift in the OTI policy of complete freedom for all.

As for your request to secede to form OOTI.What's to stop others from seceding and to what degree? Will we have an OOOOOOOOTI someday as well? Remember, a new territory has it's growing pains and much must be done to get it running smoothly.I urge you to reconsider the secession idea.

Maybe the Bureau of Engraving can come up with a design for those Housing Authority Bonds we will need to print to raise the capitol for expansion and development of housing.

I think we all know that Frank is the Emperor of the entire Board world and our new King, be it Mugsy or whoever , will carry the same title as Pontious Pilate did in Jerusalem.He will be a governor perhaps, with the real power lying in Rome.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:30 pm

I have my hammer, mallet and some spikes ready along with a cross saw to work on housing. The donkey is packed with other tools so when ready give a holler - Pontious Pilot - that means i send who to the cross out of you three??

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next