NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Park totals worse than ever.

+30
NjWeatherGuy
Carter bk
Scullybutcher
crippo84
weatherwatchermom
Quietace
dad4twoboys
billg315
Snow88
dkodgis
essexcountypete
JoeBx82
Abba701
jbnyy224
Isotherm
skinsfan1177
kalleg
snowday111
algae888
SNOW MAN
Dunnzoo
GreyBeard
devsman
Dtone
docstox12
Math23x7
sroc4
amugs
Frank_Wx
CPcantmeasuresnow
34 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Central Park totals worse than ever.  - Page 9 Empty Re: Central Park totals worse than ever.

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:All I see is talking. No results. You're all fired.

I'm putting my faith in weatherwatchermom. Maybe it's time for some younger blood to carry the ball. I win the occassional battle with NOAA but never the war, here's hoping there can finally be peace.

If she can somehow pull this off, President Trump, (it still sounds odd saying that) should send her to the middle east next. I guarantee getting a peace accord there would be childs play compared to coercing NOAA into finally getting accurate snowfall totals from Central Park.

Also forgot to add great info Ryan, thanks.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Central Park totals worse than ever.  - Page 9 Empty Re: Central Park totals worse than ever.

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:12 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:30 am

they do not pick up the phone until 9 am will try back then...Frank...all you did was put a fire under me....I won't give up till we get an answer...once I start a cause...I am all in... have a good morning fellas
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:15 am

ok..Ryan you were spot on...that is who you talk to ..just got off the phone with Tim Marrin...CP..you need to call him..he was very nice..but spoke above my pay grade..

oky.webmaster@noaa.gov. is where you should send whatever data you have He said that they are already looking into the totals and data from this storm as well as all other snow storms. I will look and edit this post later..alot going on this am..he is in until 1 pm today
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:ok..Ryan you were spot on...that is who you talk to ..just got off the phone with Tim Marrin...CP..you need to call him..he was very nice..but spoke above my pay grade..

oky.webmaster@noaa.gov. is where  you should send whatever data you have    He said that they are already looking into the totals and data from this storm as well as all other snow storms. I will look and edit this post later..alot going on this am..he is in until 1 pm today

Excellent info watchermom and Ryan.

I have always been sending my emails to okx.webmaster.@noaa.gov in the past are you saying the address now is oky? Or was that a typo?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:55 pm

YEA JOANNE

And CP of course, for initiating this whole thing.

And for Ryan, for pulling through with a contact. He's finally brought value to the forum.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Frank I wouldn't go as far as saying Ryan has added value to the forum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:14 pm

lol!

Ryan is bomb.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:21 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:ok..Ryan you were spot on...that is who you talk to ..just got off the phone with Tim Marrin...CP..you need to call him..he was very nice..but spoke above my pay grade..

oky.webmaster@noaa.gov. is where  you should send whatever data you have    He said that they are already looking into the totals and data from this storm as well as all other snow storms. I will look and edit this post later..alot going on this am..he is in until 1 pm today

Excellent info watchermom and Ryan.

I have always been sending my emails to okx.webmaster.@noaa.gov in the past are you saying the address now is oky? Or was that a typo?

sorry you were right about email address... I was in a rush this morning...had five things on my plate that needed to be taken care of all at once.....He was too technical for me...I read him your email post.( gave you credit) He said that they get many inquires...here is what I got from our conversation..He stated it is normal for them to take their preliminary numbers and then research the data to  make sure that all the data corrected before a final entry is recorded. CP...if I were you I would give him a call and have a conversation....don't thank me...Ryan did the leg work!! Thanks Ryan...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Temperature range, qpf, snow totals and ratio as of 7 PM for the NWS sites:

EWR: 29-30, 0.09", 1.3", ~14.44:1 ratio
LGA: 29-32, 0.08", 0.6", 7.50:1 ratio
JFK: 28-31, 0.12", 1.6", ~13.33:1 ratio

And finally:

CPK: 29-31, 0.11", 0.6", ~5.46:1 ratio

Meh.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Sorry I am just seeing this now. Please let me know if this gets resolved. If not I will make a phone call so that It does get resolved.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:46 pm

Math23x7 wrote:Temperature range, qpf, snow totals and ratio as of 7 PM for the NWS sites:

EWR: 29-30, 0.09", 1.3", ~14.44:1 ratio
LGA: 29-32, 0.08", 0.6", 7.50:1 ratio
JFK: 28-31, 0.12", 1.6", ~13.33:1 ratio

And finally:

CPK: 29-31, 0.11", 0.6", ~5.46:1 ratio

Meh.

I was saying to Al in a different thread earlier when he gave the central park 4 pm total as 0.6 which seemed correct at the time that the Conservancy seems to have all of their problems with the 7pm and midnight measurements and today is just another example of that, as was the last storm as was the blizzard last January.

So now they're telling us between 4-7 pm when Newark had .6 inches of snow and JFK HAD .6 inches of snow and LGA had .6 inches of snow that Central Park had no measurable snow. It's just absurd, unacceptable and it never gets fixed unless we complain and often times not even then. The question is when does it get fixed for good. Measuring snow is not a complex task. So frustrating and so many years of it. From the zookeeper to the Conservancy there is no improvement, it may even be worse.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:41 am

And the updated Climate report came out and CPK is still stuck at 0.6".

Now LaGuardia's snow total is also stuck at 0.6" as of the latest update. Maybe they did not get an updated measurement.

As for the others:

EWR: 1.4"
JFK: 1.8"
ISP: 1.5"
BDR: 1.3"

When I wake up, I can only hope that they receive an updated measurement. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Tired Mad GFS Model Tired Mad

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:10 am

Math23x7 wrote:And the updated Climate report came out and CPK is still stuck at 0.6".

Now LaGuardia's snow total is also stuck at 0.6" as of the latest update.  Maybe they did not get an updated measurement.

As for the others:

When I wake up, I can only hope that they receive an updated measurement.  This is getting beyond ridiculous.

It's again reached the breaking point. They always say the same sh!t "we know there's a problem we're working on fixing it". They now have been giving me that line for five Fn years and still they can't get it right. And even if they do intervene and fix the totals from this storm or the last storm we just get the SOS from the next storm.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:35 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:And the updated Climate report came out and CPK is still stuck at 0.6".

Now LaGuardia's snow total is also stuck at 0.6" as of the latest update.  Maybe they did not get an updated measurement.

As for the others:

When I wake up, I can only hope that they receive an updated measurement.  This is getting beyond ridiculous.

It's again reached the breaking point. They always say the same sh!t "we know there's a problem we're working on fixing it". They now have been giving me that line for five Fn years and still they can't get it right. And even if they do intervene and fix the totals from this storm or the last storm we just get the SOS from the next storm.

Could there be a conspiracy going on? Or an agenda? Honestly I say that in part jest but In large part serious. I mean they know it's a problem and they have been working on it but after how long does it become noticeable that there may be an intention to keep official records low balled. I can't imagine the reasoning but wtf.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:40 am

Frank, do we have any members of the Board that live near CPK? I think we had a poster that worked in Manhattan.At least that member might be able to take a measurement so we could have an accurate report instead of relying on the Conservancy, which despite its apologies and promises to "fix' the situation,appears to be unable to get accurate measurements.

CP has come up with an excellent observation.Reports from CPK seem to be accurate up to 4 PM as per Al's observation yesterday.They drop the ball in the later hour measurements.Maybe they change shifts?

Anyway,NYC is the greatest City in the world and this situation is not tolerable or acceptable.

Frank, maybe we need another designation for the folks here, CP,Weatherwatchermom, Ryan, Math called something like the "CPK Warriors" who fight a never ending battle for truth, justice...AND an accurate measurement.I
d like to see CP recognized before the Conservancy puts him in OTI Sanitarium for good.Remember the Mantra CP, if that happens......"every day in every way I'm getting better". All joking aside,you are amazing buddy!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:56 am

sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

As for the others:

Could there be a conspiracy going on?  Or an agenda? Honestly I say that in part jest but In large part serious. I mean they know it's a problem and they have been working on it but after how long does it become noticeable that there may be an intention to keep official records low balled. I can't imagine the reasoning but wtf.

You could almost guess anything at this point. It's beyond absurd that they don't ever do anything to permanently fix this. As I've said 1 million times this isn't difficult stuff, we're talking about measuring snow were not putting people on Mars.

Doc, to your point we do have a member That posts here a lot that lives pretty close to Central Park. Soulsing  if I'm not mistaken lives no more than a mile from Central Park, the north section. I remember back from the boxing day blizzard when Central Park posted the ridiculous 20 inches for that storm  I had asked him about it and he said there was at least 25 inches, which does seem to be the consensus for that storm. Of course it's never been corrected and never will be.

So many historical records and they're all wrong and useless. I remember one of our posters, I believe Frank538, just recently referencing 96 blizzard and how they had 29 inches in the Bronx and in Central Park received 20, that's of course what he believes because it's the so called official record. Of course Central Park received 25 to 28 inches during that storm but it will never be recorded  because no one gives a crap and that really goes down as a mark against NOAA  as they know better and choose to do nothing.

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:17 am

docstox12 wrote:Frank, do we have any members of the Board that live near CPK? I think we had a poster that worked in Manhattan.At least that member might be able to take a measurement so we could have an accurate report instead of relying on the Conservancy, which despite its apologies and promises to "fix' the situation,appears to be unable to get accurate measurements.

CP has come up with an excellent observation.Reports from CPK seem to be accurate up to 4 PM as per Al's observation yesterday.They drop the ball in the later hour measurements.Maybe they change shifts?

Anyway,NYC is the greatest City in the world and this situation is not tolerable or acceptable.

Frank, maybe we need another designation for the folks here, CP,Weatherwatchermom, Ryan, Math called something like the "CPK Warriors" who fight a never ending battle for truth, justice...AND an accurate measurement.I
d like to see CP recognized before the Conservancy puts him in OTI Sanitarium for good.Remember the Mantra CP, if that happens......"every day in every way I'm getting better". All joking aside,you are amazing buddy!!!

It's not a bad idea Doc. I'm sure we can find someone to be our designated CPK snowfall measurer. But, how will they ensure the Conservancy records an accurate number? CP is correct...by 7pm those people give no F's. I would love to see their snow measurement when a storm only hits between 7pm-11pm. That would be kinda funny but sad.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Frank, that sure would show up the night shift at the Conservancy, if any, a quick hitting snowstorm starting at 5 Pm and ending at 11 dropping 3 or 4 inches.Let's see if that scenario will play out this year and what happens at CPK as a result.Now I'm really interested in that scenario.

If we can find a member near CPK who would not find it inconvenient to measure, it would be great because then we would finally be getting accurate totals.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Appropriate Legal Action has been filed in the court of Off Topic Island. I direct all citizens of OTI and inhabitants of the mainland to OTI's records department to review the recently filed legal papers.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:12 am

Yesterday was a very minor event snow and sleet wise fro NYC but at least the 3 airports went outside to measure, Central Park just couldn't be bothered. LGA 0.3, JFK 0.1 and EWR 0.1. We've all grown accustomed to it but it still doesn't make it right.

At this time I'd like to give up my 30 year quest to get Central Park to report accurate measurements. Just use the measurements at LGA for NYC official snowfall totals and you can still use the temperatures at Central Park for the official daily highs and lows. In the two years the Conservancy has taken over they have been at least the equal of the Zookeeper in under measuring if not worse.

That is all for this debacle.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:14 am

I can't even imagine how bad The Conservancy will be with Tuesday's storm but I'm bracing for their worst and I'm sure they won't disappoint. However bad it is im not letting this one go. It could be a historic March storm for NYC and they better not F it up.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:26 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I can't even imagine how bad The Conservancy will be with Tuesday's storm but I'm bracing for their worst and I'm sure they won't disappoint. However bad it is im not letting this one go. It could be a historic March storm for NYC and they better not F it up.

My Good Man, what on God's Green Earth are you doing fighting this lost cause at 4:15 AM.I'm gonna have to send the men in the white suits with butterfly nets after you from the Sanitarium,LOL.Just joking my Pal, you keep on fighting the good fight because it is truly a shame what goes on there at the Conservancy.We have our crew manning the rulers all around Central park so we will have a pretty good idea of what really falls in this storm.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 pm

March 14th 2017 storm summary - A+ for the Consevancy

7.6 inches in Central Park actually sounds about right for this storm when comparing it to all other surrounding areas.

I wonder if NOAA gave the Conservancy a well deserved tongue lashing after their other F ups this winter? More likely it is just the case of even a broken clock being correct twice a day.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:March 14th 2017 storm summary - A+ for the Consevancy

7.6 inches in Central Park actually sounds about right for this storm when comparing it to all other surrounding areas.

I wonder if NOAA gave the Conservancy a well deserved tongue lashing after their other F ups this winter? More likely it is just the case of even a broken clock being correct twice a day.

The bigger question is: Will NOAA fix the head scratching 1/7 and 1/14 snow totals?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dad4twoboys Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:22 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:March 14th 2017 storm summary - A+ for the Consevancy

Maybe for disaster relief FUNDING so, the big cheese bean counters wanted it right. savior
dad4twoboys
dad4twoboys
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

http://massageguy99.teamasea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:51 pm

This is the second recent bigger storm they've gotten right. It's almost as if they've been under pressure from legal action filed by the inhabitants of some rogue cyber-island.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum