The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by Math23x7 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Site__1 PM_7 PM_Diff.
EWR _6.6"_8.4"_1.8"
JFK__6.2"__8.0"_1.8"
LGA__5.2"_7.4"_2.2"
CPK__7.8"_9.8"_2.0"

9.8" just about what I measured while it was still snowing. By my count it's reasonable.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1910
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by billg315 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 pm

LGA is still odd, but I guess this is as close as we’ll get to good.
avatar
billg315
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 1504
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 43
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 pm

Math23x7 wrote:Site__1 PM_7 PM_Diff.
EWR _6.6"_8.4"_1.8"
JFK__6.2"__8.0"_1.8"
LGA__5.2"_7.4"_2.2"
CPK__7.8"_9.8"_2.0"

9.8" just about what I measured while it was still snowing.  By my count it's reasonable.

Nice Mike thanks.

They all look reasonable now except of course LGA but who cares, one battle at a time.

With 9.8 inches today in Central Park this storm now becomes the 67th largest snowstorm of all time in NYC. Tied with 3 other storms for that position.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5175
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:09 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:Site__1 PM_7 PM_Diff.
EWR _6.6"_8.4"_1.8"
JFK__6.2"__8.0"_1.8"
LGA__5.2"_7.4"_2.2"
CPK__7.8"_9.8"_2.0"

9.8" just about what I measured while it was still snowing.  By my count it's reasonable.

Nice Mike thanks.

They all look reasonable now except of course LGA but who cares, one battle at a time.

With 9.8 inches today in Central Park this storm now becomes the 67th largest snowstorm of all time in NYC. Tied with 3 other storms for that position.

I've heard from people today that not only is the LGA total ridiculous but the JFK total is just as bad. How comical that one of the few times Central Park is close to accurate the other two stations in NYC fail by several inches and the NWS lets it go, smh.

LGA&JFKCantmeasuresnow
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5175
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by Scullybutcher on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Have you written DeBlasio. If you say they won’t be able to claim climate change without proper snow totals, he may be willing to help
avatar
Scullybutcher

Posts : 338
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : North Smithtown, NY Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Scullybutcher wrote:Have you written DeBlasio. If you say they won’t be able to claim climate change without proper snow totals, he may be willing to help

lol! lol! lol!

I would, but with all due respect to him I don't think that big, ignorant, bloviating, dumb ape can read.

For any DeBlasio fans out there I did preface my comments with all due respect.


Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5175
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by Carter bk on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Im in brooklyn and recieved 13

Carter bk

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by NjWeatherGuy on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:23 am

What are they measuring in the most wind exposed areas or something? Amateurs.
avatar
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4097
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-01-06
Location : Belle Mead, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by amugs on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:33 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Scullybutcher wrote:Have you written DeBlasio. If you say they won’t be able to claim climate change without proper snow totals, he may be willing to help

lol! lol! lol!

I would, but with all due respect to him I don't think that big, ignorant, bloviating, dump ape can read.

For any DeBlasio fans out there I did preface my comments with all due respect.

flower afro lol! white flag party

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
avatar
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 9170
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 48
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by devsman on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm

We all saw that yellow band sit over Brooklyn and queens for 2 hours dropping 2-3 inches per hour. Did they?
avatar
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 407
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 42
Location : merrick, ny (south shore of Long Island)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm

devsman wrote:We all saw that yellow band sit over Brooklyn and queens for 2 hours dropping 2-3 inches per hour. Did they?

All they needed was a ruler and a competent individual to wield it. I guess it wasn't in the budget.

It's beyond embarrassing that the NWS has not intervened and corrected both measurements upward by several inches. This was a zookeeper type measurement when he would just let the monkeys measure. It's just unacceptable.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5175
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by Math23x7 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:16 pm

I mentioned this in the other thread but I took a stroll through Central Park earlier this afternoon. There was some light accumulation (likely several tenths of an inch). Hopefully the Conservancy picked up on it.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1910
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by Math23x7 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Math23x7 wrote:I mentioned this in the other thread but I took a stroll through Central Park earlier this afternoon. There was some light accumulation (likely several tenths of an inch). Hopefully the Conservancy picked up on it.

And the official CPK measurement is 0.4", which is reasonable. Other reports:

EWR: 1.0"
LGA: 0.1"
JFK: 0.2"
ISP: T
BDR: T

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1910
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by docstox12 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Math23x7 wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:I mentioned this in the other thread but I took a stroll through Central Park earlier this afternoon. There was some light accumulation (likely several tenths of an inch). Hopefully the Conservancy picked up on it.

And the official CPK measurement is 0.4", which is reasonable.  Other reports:

EWR: 1.0"
LGA: 0.1"
JFK: 0.2"
ISP: T
BDR: T

You straightened their asses out CP, NEVER saw this kind of efficiency from that crew!!!! Remain vigilant, though ,as we all will making sure they stay on the straight and narrow!
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5738
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 67
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The LGA and JFK totals from the 1/4 storm are ridiculous

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum