Long Range Thread 10.0

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 10.0

Post by algae888 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:40 pm

this was euro op from sunday...

this is today's op same time frame...

the main theme this winter is that the models have backed off of the cold and blocking, except for Jonas and the -1* day in feb, as we moved closer in time. we can blame super el-nino as models have struggled with temps in the med-long range all winter. this winter besides Jonas was a nightmare. ranks as one of the worst in my books. actually the worst above normal snowfall year in cpk history.
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Al a lot like 11-12 with promise in their only ti vanish before me very weenie eye!
cyclops

Unfrickin believable - the pv was to split by now and we were to have a - NAO in the means for this month as models and tele were pointing to. None of this has come to fruition, frustrating.

Now the euro and gfs say we dislodge to split the pv by March 6th ish. Really let's split it in June !!
Cutter after cutter now on LR guidance.

BTW 97-98 takes the cake for worse winters ever. No snow at all one storm in March needed by 11am and by 2pm all of it was gone , no cold and lots of rainy, gloomy days in the 40-50's range.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:20 pm

amugs wrote:Al a lot like 11-12 with promise in their only ti vanish before me very weenie eye!
cyclops

Unfrickin believable - the pv was to split by now and we were to have a - NAO in the means for this month as models and tele were pointing to. None of this has come to fruition, frustrating.

Now the euro and gfs say we dislodge to split the pv by March 6th ish. Really let's split it in June !!
Cutter after cutter now on LR guidance.

BTW 97-98 takes the cake for worse winters ever. No snow at all one storm in March needed by 11am and by 2pm all of it was gone , no cold and lots of rainy, gloomy days in the 40-50's range.

It's a toss up to me. As bad as this winter has been, and it looks like it's solidly on track to become the second warmest met winter in 147 years, 1997/98 and 2001/02 were actually worse. Both were mild and 2001/02 will probably keep the record as the warmest, but less snow and no Arctic intrusions makes them the top 2 worst winters of all time. This one will go down as the third worst ever IMBY.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:23 pm

......and I repeat. With 44" IMBY this is one of the worst winters I remember since I moved out here in 1998. 2 storms that all disappeared within 10 days (yes one was Jonas) Horrible. Bring on sunny and 60 please ASAP. I for one am done with this constant talk of threats that disappear or trend wet as we get closer. With all the scientific analysis a human could ever want, it comes back to one thing. THE "GODZILLA, or SUPER ELNINO" WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT that the TV mets on TWC and NWS predicted would win out back in November. Oh well.

now you can all commence yelling at me and calling me an emotional basket case, or cliff diver or head exploder. Whatever. rabbit rabbit rabbit
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:28 pm

syosnow94 wrote:......and I repeat.  With 44" IMBY this is one of the worst winters I remember since I moved out here in 1998.  2 storms that all disappeared within 10 days (yes one was Jonas) Horrible.  Bring on sunny and 60 please ASAP.  I for one am done with this constant talk of threats that disappear or trend wet as we get closer.  With all the scientific analysis a human could ever want, it comes back to one thing.  THE "GODZILLA, or SUPER ELNINO" WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT that the TV mets on TWC and NWS predicted would win out back in November.  Oh well.

now you can all commence yelling at me and calling me an emotional basket case, or cliff diver or head exploder.  Whatever. rabbit rabbit rabbit

YOU ARE AN emotional basket case, cliff diver and head exploder. AND I SHOULD BE YELLING AT YOU IN THE BANTER THREAD, sorry. Please move this conversation to there should you respond.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:53 pm

syosnow94 wrote:......and I repeat.  With 44" IMBY this is one of the worst winters I remember since I moved out here in 1998.  2 storms that all disappeared within 10 days (yes one was Jonas) Horrible.  Bring on sunny and 60 please ASAP.  I for one am done with this constant talk of threats that disappear or trend wet as we get closer.  With all the scientific analysis a human could ever want, it comes back to one thing.  THE "GODZILLA, or SUPER ELNINO" WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT that the TV mets on TWC and NWS predicted would win out back in November.  Oh well.

now you can all commence yelling at me and calling me an emotional basket case, or cliff diver or head exploder.  Whatever. rabbit rabbit rabbit

How does a post like this belong in the long range thread? This is inexcusable. I'm locking this thread and starting a new one. Going forward, content that belongs in banter and is posted in a real thread will result in possible suspension from the forum. 

This is clearly stated in rule #4. 

http://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/t8-rules-regulations-of-nj-strong-wx-forum

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic View next topic Back to top