19% 19% 
[ 7 ]
32% 32% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 37

Re: Grade Winter 2015-2016

Post by amugs on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:09 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:Mike 1995-1996 would still be a B in my book. Those "once in a lifetime" type of storms shouldn't be taken for granted. Who knows when we'll see the next Jonas. Of course, many people judging by these grades prefer numerous light to moderate events with temps below normal over a historic storm.

This winter is a B and 1995/96 is also a B? Obviously joking? That's like comparing Sophia Vegara looks wise to Rosie Oddonell.

CP GREAT ANALOGY!!

FRANK U BE BANNED IF U WEREN'T THE GOD  FAADER OF THIS FORUM. B JEEZ. Are u sure you ain't eating those new micky style m&m's or the shroom ones??

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:29 pm

How on earth did anyone give this winter an "A" ??? Would love to hear the reasoning behind that? Heat Miser must have snuck a vote in...
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:34 am

I'm giving this Winter a BIG FAT F In my area we had no snow until the blizzard (which we didn't get no where near the snow totals that area's to the East and South got) and I've had no real measurable snow since. Plus the warm temps through the whole season were just miserable. It's just been a real crappy season for me. Hopefully next Winter will be better. But I keep thinking about what Frank posted a couple of weeks ago about next Winter "it isn't looking pretty". That statement is just stuck n my mind.  affraid
              Oh well I hope everyone on the board has a nice Spring and Summer. Hopefully I will see you all back here on the board in the fall. CP, Doc I hope you guys have a nice Spring/Summer. I'm not a big fan of either. I'll take the cold and bitter cold, plus snowy weather of Winter anytime over warm and humid. I know CP will agree with me on that. I'll be checking in on the OTI on occasion to see who has visited our lovely paradise. Just one question for all of the guys that do the forecasting here. Is there a chance we could still see any snow for the month of March or is it over for the season ? I know we're suppose to get some flurries or snow showers Saturday night into Sunday, but I'm talking about beyond that. I just want to say to Frank. Mugs, Sroc and all the other guys that forecast on this board THANK YOU for doing such a GREAT job all season long. I admire you all for the time and effort you give to this board to keep all of our members informed. As far as I'm concerned there's no where else to go to find out about our weather. See you all in the fall. Unless of course there is a threat of a snow event. Very Happy

Frank I hope you have a safe trip to and from Arkansas.
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:33 am

I would give this season a C-...no sustained cold, never really felt like winter with the exception of a day or 2 (love the cold were you wear your heavy winter snugly sweaters, sledding, or when you hibernate with hot chocolate and a good book). We did have the Blizzard which gave us some snow thank goodness, but just no excitement. The models were always promising, but mother nature never delivered...I have said this earlier..the walk away or positive to this season is that it will be a learning experience for all of you that have the knowledge, but have never experienced the oddities that this winter produced. That is what I find fascinating(and that helped winter from getting a failing grade).. Here to a surprise blizzard in March or April and to Next Year  2016-2017 Winter Season giving us the WHITE GOLD!! Thank you for helping us who are not educated in the field of  weather understand just a little bit better every year!! Ps...videos would be great..I thought I heard you mention that Frank.

Last edited by weatherwatchermom on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jake732 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:39 am

i gave an f. reasoning is cuz i look at how many threats we had and how many actually hit.
jake732
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile http://www.lakewood732.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:31 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:I'm giving this Winter a BIG FAT F In my area we had no snow until the blizzard (which we didn't get no where near the snow totals that area's to the East and South got) and I've had no real measurable snow since. Plus the warm temps through the whole season were just miserable. It's just been a real crappy season for me. Hopefully next Winter will be better. But I keep thinking about what Frank posted a couple of weeks ago about next Winter "it isn't looking pretty". That statement is just stuck n my mind.  affraid
              Oh well I hope everyone on the board has a nice Spring and Summer. Hopefully I will see you all back here on the board in the fall. CP, Doc I hope you guys have a nice Spring/Summer. I'm not a big fan of either. I'll take the cold and bitter cold, plus snowy weather of Winter anytime over warm and humid. I know CP will agree with me on that. I'll be checking in on the OTI on occasion to see who has visited our lovely paradise. Just one question for all of the guys that do the forecasting here. Is there a chance we could still see any snow for the month of March or is it over for the season ? I know we're suppose to get some flurries or snow showers Saturday night into Sunday, but I'm talking about beyond that. I just want to say to Frank. Mugs, Sroc and all the other guys that forecast on this board THANK YOU for doing such a GREAT job all season long. I admire you all for the time and effort you give to this board to keep all of our members informed. As far as I'm concerned there's no where else to go to find out about our weather. See you all in the fall. Unless of course there is a threat of a snow event. Very Happy

Thank you for the kind words Snow. Have a fabulous summer. Come by once a month just so we know you're still lurking out there!

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:34 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:I would give this season a C-...no sustained cold, never really felt like winter with the exception of a day or 2 (love the cold were you wear your heavy winter snugly sweaters, sledding, or when you hibernate with hot chocolate and a good book). We did have the Blizzard which gave us some snow thank goodness, but just no excitement. The models were always promising, but mother nature never delivered...I have said this earlier..the walk away or positive to this season is that it will be a learning experience for all of you that have the knowledge, but have never experienced the oddities that this winter produced. That is what I find fascinating(and that helped winter from getting a failing grade).. Here to a surprise blizzard in March or April and to Next Year  2016-2017 Winter Season giving us the WHITE GOLD!! Thank you for helping us who are not educated in the field of  weather understand just a little bit better every year!! Ps...videos would be great..I thought I heard you mention that Frank.

Yes, I'm looking into a camera now that can tape me and my screen at the same time. I'll need to get practice. I'm a far better writer haha. 

I'm also looking to upgrade the forum to a new server. Might be more of 2017 project but we'll see.

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:48 am

B- for me now

Snow88
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:I'm giving this Winter a BIG FAT F In my area we had no snow until the blizzard (which we didn't get no where near the snow totals that area's to the East and South got) and I've had no real measurable snow since. Plus the warm temps through the whole season were just miserable. It's just been a real crappy season for me. Hopefully next Winter will be better. But I keep thinking about what Frank posted a couple of weeks ago about next Winter "it isn't looking pretty". That statement is just stuck n my mind.  affraid

SNOWY - thanks for teh kind words and we will see u in October my man - be good, stay healthy and God Bless!!

king Mugs

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:15 pm

C, skewed by historic blizz of 2016 here, without it, F
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster