April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by RJB8525 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 am

Areas around me are out down trees/transformers I'm good for now.

Whipping and roaring out there

31* wind chill 19*
avatar
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1674
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Hackettstown, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:26 am

2.7 inches of snow and 27 degrees, very pleasantly surprised. Where was this upcoming week all winter?

Sad to say this is my second best storm of the season. Wish I was up to see it.

Temperatures in the teens this week are gonna hurt all this five-six weeks pre mature blooming we've had.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4813
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by Snow88 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:38 am

Very strong winds earlier this morning
avatar
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 1885
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 29
Location : Brooklyn, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by docstox12 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:2.7 inches of snow and 27 degrees, very pleasantly surprised. Where was this upcoming week all winter?

Sad to say this is my second best storm of the season. Wish I was up to see it.

Temperatures in the teens this week are gonna hurt all this five-six weeks pre mature blooming we've had.

Thanks for the measurement, Buddy! Looks like we finally jackpotted, LOL.A day late and a dollar short. Howling wind.Maybe a little more overnight.Anyhoo, back to winter big time today.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5403
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 67
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by algae888 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:48 am

well wind woke me up for the second  time. no trees down so far. jman white plains airport reported 3" of snow. just a coating here on car tops. anyone live near white plains to confirm?
avatar
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4454
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 55
Location : mt. vernon, new york

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by Frank_Wx on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:58 am

How do you all get 3 inches of snow and I get 0. 

#lies #njstrongconspiracies

_________________
Snow Accumulation Archive - Cranford, NJ
2013-2014: 62.1"
2014-2015: 56.0"
2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
avatar
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 17128
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 25
Location : Cranford, NJ

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by Dunnzoo on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:00 am

Frank_Wx wrote:How do you all get 3 inches of snow and I get 0. 

#lies #njstrongconspiracies



Hahaha finally their turn! I had a dusting that melted quickly....

_________________
Janet


Snowfall winter of 2017-2018 5"

Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      38.5"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 3352
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 55
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by Dtone on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:14 am

Damage is almost low end tropical storm like. Down power lines, damaged fences, siding broken off houses. A few damaged storefront signs. I lost cable and internet half the wires from the main line into the individual homes are down. Using cell service for internet now.

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1524
Join date : 2013-08-26
Location : Bronx, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by Dunnzoo on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:20 am

Scattered outages here and there in NJ, probably due to the occasional tree or tree limbs down on wires. Not anything widespread.

_________________
Janet


Snowfall winter of 2017-2018 5"

Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      38.5"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 3352
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 55
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:14 am

algae888 wrote:well wind woke me up for the second  time. no trees down so far. jman white plains airport reported 3" of snow. just a coating here on car tops. anyone live near white plains to confirm?

That's what they reported at White Plains Airport, FAA observer so I assume it's accurate.

From the observations there appears to be a sold 3 inch stripe through Orange County, Northern Rockland and parts of Westchester. 2.7 IMBY and I measured late around 9:10am, it may have been a little over 3 inches.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4813
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by algae888 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:29 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
algae888 wrote:well wind woke me up for the second  time. no trees down so far. jman white plains airport reported 3" of snow. just a coating here on car tops. anyone live near white plains to confirm?

That's what they reported at White Plains Airport, FAA observer so I assume it's accurate.

From the observations there appears to be a sold 3 inch stripe through Orange County, Northern Rockland and parts of Westchester. 2.7 IMBY and I measured late around 9:10am, it may have been a little over 3 inches.
thanks cp. man i'm less than 10 miles from there only snowed for an hour or so. was hoping to get under that band. I probably did but was to warm here just a few miles away.
avatar
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4454
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 55
Location : mt. vernon, new york

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by jmanley32 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:36 pm

algae888 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
algae888 wrote:well wind woke me up for the second  time. no trees down so far. jman white plains airport reported 3" of snow. just a coating here on car tops. anyone live near white plains to confirm?

That's what they reported at White Plains Airport, FAA observer so I assume it's accurate.

From the observations there appears to be a sold 3 inch stripe through Orange County, Northern Rockland and parts of Westchester. 2.7 IMBY and I measured late around 9:10am, it may have been a little over 3 inches.
thanks cp. man i'm less than 10 miles from there only snowed for an hour or so. was hoping to get under that band. I probably did but was to warm here just a few miles away.

WC airport also reported a gust of 55mph, highest was jfk 64.
avatar
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 13311
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 36
Location : Yonkers, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by billg315 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:41 pm

No snow here, at least none that stuck around until dawn. But, ample downed tree branches, downed trees, ripped siding, and an army of rogue trash cans in the streets. The wind is still gusting strong too.
avatar
billg315
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 43
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by amugs on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:02 pm

What a good night, crazy tstorms with winds, hail.and ctg lightening then a snow squall that left a good coating on colder surfaces now all gone. Crazy that my friend in Mahwah said they got about .5 and they are about 6-8 miles by a crows flight nw of me. Too bad as CP said it us April would have been awesome IF it were Jan or even Dec. Winds are pretty much done here now.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
avatar
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 8746
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 47
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by frank 638 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:03 pm

still very windy out of the northwest at 30 mph with gust up to 45 mph.currently I am at 37 degrees it feels like a March day

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1386
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 34
Location : bronx ny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by hyde345 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Got 2 inches of snow overnight but just about gone now with April sun even thought it's 35 and nasty today. Expecting another 1-2 tonight and early tomorrow morning before it changes to rain.
avatar
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 384
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: April 2nd-3rd Strong Wind & Possible Snow Obs.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum