Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by amugs on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:21 pm

docstox12 wrote:
HectorO wrote:I feel like for Bergen County, they always over exaggerate the winds. This wouldn't be the first time I've heard warnings of damaging winds and nothing following behind it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad it hasn't happened yet. Most of the warnings in my area are up to 1am. It's already 10:45. Maybe it's delayed, but once again not complaining, don't need those types of winds.

Hector, in 35 years of living in Mahwah Bergen County NJ, the only major wind event that stands out was Sandy.Had to be over 60 MPH gusts that night.Even major snowstorms, the winds were not excessive.Two snowstorms with wind that I remember were the March '93 and Bozing Day 2010.The February 1983 snowstorm, the one that produced 3 inch per hour snowfall rates for 6 straight hours without letup, was DEAD CALM!

Doc the March Nor'easter of 2010 ring a bell? Those were some wicked winds as well Driving home after the being at the 9 iron grill in Paramus with me familia we saw blue lights flashing all over teh sky - transformers popping left and right. Floyd we had trop force winds too.
Must have Fla on teh brain!!

This storm would have been a NESIS 3 or 4 level if we had cold air IMO hands down. Amazing what a difference a year makes - you'd think last year in teh Super Nino we'd have a rainstorm and this year we'd have a Roidzilla. To teh day exactly.

Jim Witt's calendar had Strong/Intense East Coast Storm on his dates to watch in the back of his calendar for teh past 3 years - Sun, Moon and earth alignment - we just needed Mercury to swing by - 4 days to late for us to bring the cold air!!
Okay his next two timeframe for East Coast Storms - Feb 8-9 time frame +/- 2 and 22-23 again +/- 2. Thinks either one can produce a foot plus. Love his SLR forecasts.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Didn't he also say "When the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars?" Oh, never mind, that was somebody else. Rolling Eyes

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:22 pm

what depressing day heavy rain raw and chilly crap .where is the snow

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:25 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Didn't he also say "When the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars?" Oh, never mind, that was somebody else. Rolling Eyes

LOL LOL LOL
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:22 pm

I am pretty much done with this winter, wow 11 inches all time record low IMB. I am ready for spring, warmth and hurricane season, lets just forget this year its not go work out, things look good one day then not the next, nothing has worked out even if things looked ok so I am not banking on anything for rest of season, no I do not have science to back this up just a hunch and thats why its in banter.
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:23 pm

amugs wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
HectorO wrote:I feel like for Bergen County, they always over exaggerate the winds. This wouldn't be the first time I've heard warnings of damaging winds and nothing following behind it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad it hasn't happened yet. Most of the warnings in my area are up to 1am. It's already 10:45. Maybe it's delayed, but once again not complaining, don't need those types of winds.

Hector, in 35 years of living in Mahwah Bergen County NJ, the only major wind event that stands out was Sandy.Had to be over 60 MPH gusts that night.Even major snowstorms, the winds were not excessive.Two snowstorms with wind that I remember were the March '93 and Bozing Day 2010.The February 1983 snowstorm, the one that produced 3 inch per hour snowfall rates for 6 straight hours without letup, was DEAD CALM!

Doc the March Nor'easter of 2010 ring a bell? Those were some wicked winds as well Driving home after the being at the 9 iron grill in Paramus with me familia we saw blue lights flashing all over teh sky - transformers popping left and right. Floyd we had trop force winds too.
Must have Fla on teh brain!!

This storm would have been a NESIS 3 or 4 level if we had cold air IMO hands down. Amazing what a difference a year makes - you'd think last year in teh Super Nino we'd have a rainstorm and this year we'd have a Roidzilla. To teh day exactly.

Jim Witt's calendar had Strong/Intense East Coast Storm on his dates to watch in the back of his calendar for teh past 3 years - Sun, Moon and earth alignment - we just needed Mercury to swing by - 4 days to late for us to bring the cold air!!
Okay his next two timeframe for East Coast Storms - Feb 8-9 time frame +/- 2 and 22-23 again +/- 2. Thinks either one can produce a foot plus. Love his SLR forecasts.
You should start tarot cards too, they hold just as much clout as does astrology LOL, totally kidding mugs but really you buy that stuff?
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:06 pm

jmanley32 wrote:I am pretty much done with this winter, wow 11 inches all time record low IMB.  I am ready for spring, warmth and hurricane season, lets just forget this year its not go work out, things look good one day then not the next, nothing has worked out even if things looked ok so I am not banking on anything for rest of season, no I do not have science to back this up just a hunch and thats why its in banter.

facepalm

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 19.0"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:33 pm

i am not giving up on winter just yet this winter is very similar to the winter of 2007 .i say this because jan was very mild with very little of snow then came feb and march those 2 months were cold and we had couple good snow storms .lets hope for the best for this feb who knows maybe we will get a nice surprise for everyone

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jake732 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:40 pm

frank , honest opinion do u really think we wll actually see a snow storm the rest of the winter??
jake732
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile http://www.lakewood732.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:51 pm

jake732 wrote:frank , honest opinion do u really think we wll actually see a snow storm the rest of the winter??  

Yes

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 19.0"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:55 pm

jmanley32 wrote:I am pretty much done with this winter, wow 11 inches all time record low IMB.  I am ready for spring, warmth and hurricane season, lets just forget this year its not go work out, things look good one day then not the next, nothing has worked out even if things looked ok so I am not banking on anything for rest of season, no I do not have science to back this up just a hunch and thats why its in banter.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

you still have more than my total to date.
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jake732 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:25 pm

http://www.lakewood732.com/2017/01/jan23.html
jake732
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile http://www.lakewood732.com

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:11 pm

It's only January....have faith!!
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 am

Frank_Wx wrote:

facepalm
Face plant your hand its fine (love you guys use star trek lol) I still stand by my gut feeling, I really hope your scroll is true but time is running out each week we go by, just very frustrating, I guess probably any other seasons weather will be the same.
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:34 am

Sorry you guys know what I have been going through, maybe you do not Frank cuz you never said anything (at least I did not see it) that my mother in law had open heart surgery and we thought everything was moving forward now things have gotten bad again, she is sedated and intubated with a feeding tube. Needless to say my wife is a mess and I do not do well with these situations and knowing exactly what to do. So it has also trickled down to me being more annoyed with the wx and many other aspects right now so sorry for my rants, I will really try hard to keep a open mind for the remainder of winter but wx makes me happy and when everything is wrong its so great to come on here and see some good news : ) Of course I hope we hear good news on my mother in law soon (not like most mother in laws lol, I love this woman dearly, though she can and does drive us all nuts, but thats what makes her such a fighter).
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:00 am

jmanley32 wrote:Sorry you guys know what I have been going through, maybe you do not Frank cuz you never said anything (at least I did not see it) that my mother in law had open heart surgery and we thought everything was moving forward now things have gotten bad again, she is sedated and intubated with a feeding tube.  Needless to say my wife is a mess and I do not do well with these situations and knowing exactly what to do.  So it has also trickled down to me being more annoyed with the wx and many other aspects right now so sorry for my rants, I will really try hard to keep a open mind for the remainder of winter but wx makes me happy and when everything is wrong its so great to come on here and see some good news : ) Of course I hope we hear good news on my mother in law soon (not like most mother in laws lol, I love this woman dearly, though she can and does drive us all nuts, but thats what makes her such a fighter).

Jman, I'm very sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's health issues. At the end of the day, health is all we've really got and I know how stressful & nerve-wracking it is when loved ones are ill. As far as I'm concerned, vent away if it helps you feel better. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and soon, when your mom-in-Law is feeling better & we're on the eve of a February blizzard, we'll share in the celebration. cheers
SoulSingMG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:07 am

JMan your family is in my prayers. And any frustration is more than understandable given the stressful situation you're dealing with.
p.s. You know Frank loves you. His hand to the face is more related to the number of times in any given winter (especially this one) that any number of people on here declare winter over before it's over. Haha. Here's hoping we all get a good blizzard in Feb. to celebrate and track together.
billg315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:25 am

Oh I know Franks just kidding around ots cool. I meant it to b in jest. Yeah I'm not necessarily calling winter over cuz it's not. Just I'm like when can we actually get st to come together up the coast. He did answer jake that we would see a snowstorm. Frank do u think it could b Godzilla potential or more or is that looking less likely and more of a moderate storm still on table.
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:39 am

Good luck Jman. God Bless. No one knows what to do in these situations. Just try to be a man and a rock for your wife. Women and their moms have a special bond. It's all you can do.
syosnow94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:50 am

syosnow94 wrote:Good luck Jman.  God Bless.  No one knows what to do in these situations.  Just try to be a man and a rock for your wife.  Women and their moms have a special bond.  It's all you can do.  

Jimmy, this is 100% great advice.I second it.

God Bless J Man
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by devsman on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:31 am

We should also remember this past nor-easter as a reason not to hug models. Up until 3 or 4 days before the storm, most LR models had the LOW tracking up the Mississippi river even though there was a blocking High up north. Well obviously those models were way off. Point is, don't get too tied up looking at any LR model and get yourself depressed about what it says 10 days out. I for one am getting psyched about the 2nd through 10th potential.
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:38 am

devsman wrote:We should also remember this past nor-easter as a reason not to hug models. Up until 3 or 4 days before the storm, most LR models had the LOW tracking up the Mississippi river even though there was a blocking High up north. Well obviously those models were way off. Point is, don't get too tied up looking at any LR model and  get yourself depressed about what it says 10 days out. I for one am getting psyched about the 2nd through 10th potential.

Until the day before when the NAM and CMC started picking up on the sleet/snow potential for the HV I had given up entirely on this past storm as every other model just showed a cold rain. I ended up with 6.4 inches of snow/sleet, you never know until the end.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm gonna give up on any zilla type storm so when it hits it'll be like Christmas in February!
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAresian on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Good luck. I spent so much time look at model runs and hitting refresh that I thought my head might explode. But no matter how many times I tried to take a break, I was back here again checking for updates.
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:31 pm

TheAresian wrote:Good luck. I spent so much time look at model runs and hitting refresh that I thought my head might explode. But no matter how many times I tried to take a break, I was back here again checking for updates.

I know. I stay away for a day and I end up checking at 3 am!
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top