Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by TheAresian on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Where is the best place to ask questions? Is it just kinda ask in the topic the question is related to or is it better to keep it in banter?
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:05 pm

TheAresian wrote:Where is the best place to ask questions? Is it just kinda ask in the topic the question is related to or is it better to keep it in banter?

Anywhere you want.

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 19.0"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:34 am

CP, no unfortunently things have gotten worse, she may have to have trachea surgery as her oxygen is not good, she is on a ventilator. They are giving it another day b4 making the call. Its day by day. Since this is a wonderful group and you all care so much I will continue to update but i will do it in off topic as I do not want to clutter up the weather threads, so look there when you see my name as a post in there. On a positive note I got offered a job ( I lost my job of 10 years in October) it is not ideal, lower pay (but free medical which is quite a expense so that offsets the lesser pay), and the time off is pathetic (my wife will be taking lots of time off without me, besides first 3 months u have to work everyday anyways I think they prefer a full year even). It also appears they do not feel people get sick (its a medical facility, i know ironic) and offer almost no sick time off, and you cannot carry anything over. But the need for money and to support my family (its this or a cardboard box in a few months) I think is more important. Plus I have not had any other offers yet. I will continue to look though and when I get my social work license I will be prime for getting a really good job. Not to mention i'm a scattered mess in terms of getting anything done, i work best on a schedule, and bored to death. I won't be able to get on the forum most likely like at my last job so if you do not see much of me in the coming weeks and there on out thats why, i will try to post on my phone if I can.
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:56 am

jmanley32 wrote:CP, no unfortunently things have gotten worse, she may have to have trachea surgery as her oxygen is not good, she is on a ventilator.  They are giving it another day b4 making the call.  Its day by day.  Since this is a wonderful group and you all care so much I will continue to update but i will do it in off topic as I do not want to clutter up the weather threads, so look there when you see my name as a post in there.  On a positive note I got offered a job ( I lost my job of 10 years in October) it is not ideal, lower pay (but free medical which is quite a expense so that offsets the lesser pay), and the time off is pathetic (my wife will be taking lots of time off without me, besides first 3 months u have to work everyday anyways I think they prefer a full year even).  It also appears they do not feel people get sick (its a medical facility, i know ironic) and offer almost no sick time off, and you cannot carry anything over. But the need for money and to support my family (its this or a cardboard box in a few months) I think is more important. Plus I have not had any other offers yet.  I will continue to look though and when I get my social work license I will be prime for getting a really good job.  Not to mention i'm a scattered mess in terms of getting anything done, i work best on a schedule, and bored to death. I won't be able to get on the forum most likely like at my last job so if you do not see much of me in the coming weeks and there on out thats why, i will try to post on my phone if I can.

I hope all that today your MIL takes a turn for the better!! she will be in my thoughts today!! As far as work..sometimes we need to take a step back to move forward!! so good luck in your new position..and never stop looking for something better!!
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 am

Good luck jman, just take it one day at a time, and don't forget to breathe. Sending prayers for your MIL.

Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      38.5"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
Dunnzoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:03 am

Hey I know this is not weather related..but wanted to mention...FLU...even if you had your shot this year they are finding a large amount of cases of people that are still getting Influenza A(as I was informed last night-thank goodness for PM Pediatrics)...my son currently has it and its starting to make a run thru his school... .. Hope everyone stays healthy and a storm comes..I need something to do other than cleaning,  spraying lysol, and taking care of my 2 patients I have separated in different parts of the house... Sad Sad Sad
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:15 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:Hey I know this is not weather related..but wanted to mention...FLU...even if you had your shot this year they are finding a large amount of cases of people that are still getting Influenza A(as I was informed last night-thank goodness for PM Pediatrics)...my son currently has it and its starting to make a run thru his school... .. Hope everyone stays healthy and a storm comes..I need something to do other than cleaning,  spraying lysol, and taking care of my 2 patients I have separated in different parts of the house... Sad Sad Sad

Yeah, heard NJ is getting hit hard. I never get a flu shot and never get sick, just lucky I guess. Good luck taking care of your crew....

Dunnzoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 am

I see some opportunities for Clipper systems coming down the pike. While that would be better than nothing, I will add my word of caution with regard those particular events (this says nothing about the overall long-range pattern which looks favorable for early February). My experience with Clipper systems is they are more often than not disappointing. The main snow shield deteriorates as it crosses the PA mountains so we get screwed on the front end, then the storm rarely intensifies quickly enough when it hits the coast before pulling away from this area, so we get disappointed on the back end. This isn't to say we can NEVER get a decent snow out of Clipper systems, but circumstances really have to be just right.
billg315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:11 pm

It's windier right now in Manhattan than it was at any point during Monday's Nor'easter, FWIW. shout lol!
SoulSingMG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:13 pm

jmanley32 wrote:CP, no unfortunently things have gotten worse, she may have to have trachea surgery as her oxygen is not good, she is on a ventilator.  They are giving it another day b4 making the call.  Its day by day.  Since this is a wonderful group and you all care so much I will continue to update but i will do it in off topic as I do not want to clutter up the weather threads, so look there when you see my name as a post in there.  On a positive note I got offered a job ( I lost my job of 10 years in October) it is not ideal, lower pay (but free medical which is quite a expense so that offsets the lesser pay), and the time off is pathetic (my wife will be taking lots of time off without me, besides first 3 months u have to work everyday anyways I think they prefer a full year even).  It also appears they do not feel people get sick (its a medical facility, i know ironic) and offer almost no sick time off, and you cannot carry anything over. But the need for money and to support my family (its this or a cardboard box in a few months) I think is more important. Plus I have not had any other offers yet.  I will continue to look though and when I get my social work license I will be prime for getting a really good job.  Not to mention i'm a scattered mess in terms of getting anything done, i work best on a schedule, and bored to death. I won't be able to get on the forum most likely like at my last job so if you do not see much of me in the coming weeks and there on out thats why, i will try to post on my phone if I can.

Jman, I don't even know what to say, nor do I know if words could even describe how awful I feel after reading this, but I truly hope everything starts improving for you and your family. I know how you feel about the job, as I'm in the same boat, but I can't imagine the rest. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, as well everybody else's on here as well. We're all here for ya, buddy.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:44 pm

To hounds and Joe Snow, I'm wishing you both a happy Birthday!! I hope you're both enjoying your day!!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:57 pm

jman hang in there stay strong stay positive i hope you and your family will get better as soon as possible my thought and prayers are with you and ur family please keep us updated

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:51 pm

JMan Thinking of you and that things get better.

Thanks for the updates.
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:40 pm

If the 1st half of February doesn't produce a storm I'm retiring.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:42 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:If the 1st half of February doesn't produce a storm I'm retiring.

What do you consider a "storm"? I hope it's only a couple of inches! Razz

Dunnzoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:If the 1st half of February doesn't produce a storm I'm retiring.

What do you consider a "storm"? I hope it's only a couple of inches! Razz

Mothrazilla minimum

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by devsman on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:48 pm

sorry, but i need a nyc school closing type of storm.
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Also shutting down NYC roads schools and people going crazy at the supermarket that would be a good storm

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 pm

I don't think the pattern ahead is capable of yielding a Roidzilla. Godzilla possible. Mothrazilla likely in my opinion. And if it happens it'll be between the 5th and 12th. By the middle of February, depending what happens with the Stratosphere, we could warm up again.

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by devsman on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Godzilla with a start time of 1am could work for a school closing. Bow your heads and pray.
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Jman So sorry about all your troubles. We are all with you. My faith and prayers will get all through this crisis

oldtimer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Jman I hope your mil condition had a turn for the better today??!!
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:22 am

www.otisanitarium.com/docstox
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:47 am

oldtimer wrote:Jman  So sorry about all your troubles.  We are all with you.  My faith and prayers will get all through this crisis
8m keeping updates in the off topic thread so check there I updated overnight.
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:58 am

I think this belongs here in banter. Its been a real problem here the the beaches are in horrendous condition. I posted pictures from this last nor Easter to show what has happened. Didn't get many responses but it's a real bad situation. The answer which has been since Sandy really changed the landscape so to speak is that after these powerful storms come and go they replace the sand dunes with more sand dunes by the truck load. It's a wash and repeat process. I don't know what will be a better system I here a beach replenishment system may happen but here no because of homeowners which I don't understand why they wouldn't want it. I fear down the road mother nature is going to take back what's hers and has done so. Just felt like venting I have been a shore person my whole life and continue to be and it just sucks seeding everything being in jeopardy. From beaches,boardwalk and homes. End rant
skinsfan1177

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top