Last edited by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HURRICANE MATTHEW: Phase 2--"The Turn"

Post by sroc4 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:17 pm

Euro isn't even close to the GFS at 500mb. Something tells me this isn't over. That loop may be because it misses the trough completely and sits cutoff from the main flow until the next trough picks it up.

WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20"
WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25"
Dec 11th = coating
Dec 17th = 4.2
Jan 5th-6th = 3"
Jan 7th = 10.4"

Jan 14th = 1.75"
Jan 31st = 2.5"
Feb 9th = 12"
March 10th = 4.8"
March 14th = 3.5"
sroc4
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Slower too my god - trough is gone in plains by this time. may just scoot OTS after it rides up to SC.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 pm

sroc4 wrote:Euro isn't even close to the GFS at 500mb.  Something tells me this isn't over.  That loop may be because it misses the trough completely and sits cutoff from the main flow until the next trough picks it up.  

The Euro does a loop! I was talk on hurricane models, watching on wxbell, slow as you know what. Okay yeah its not over by far, fwef, had it been exactly like the rest of the models I think we'd be say bye, for up here that is.
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 pm

UKIE doing something similar with stalling and looping off SE coast

Dec 11th = coating
Dec 17th = 4.2
Jan 5th-6th = 3"
Jan 7th = 10.4"

Jan 14th = 1.75"
Jan 31st = 2.5"
Feb 9th = 12"
March 10th = 4.8"
March 14th = 3.5"
sroc4
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:21 pm

WTH Euro?! That's the most bizarre track yet, might it have to do with the delay, came out ass backwards?
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Who the hell knows.  I'm out until tomorrow morning.  Start fresh by examining 18z and 00z in the am. We are prob not done with model mayhem

Dec 11th = coating
Dec 17th = 4.2
Jan 5th-6th = 3"
Jan 7th = 10.4"

Jan 14th = 1.75"
Jan 31st = 2.5"
Feb 9th = 12"
March 10th = 4.8"
March 14th = 3.5"
sroc4
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:25 pm

sroc4 wrote:Who the hell knows.  I'm out until tomorrow morning.  Start fresh by examining 18z and 00z in the am.  We are prob not done with model mayhem
For sure, see ya tomorrow : )
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:27 pm

amugs wrote:Slower too my god  - trough is gone in plains by this time. may just scoot OTS after it rides up to SC.
Well mugs ur boy on the models is a mess, in real time first he ate his GF Martha, now he wants to run around in circles lol
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sferra01 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:30 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
Sferra01 wrote:I follow this page all the time....especially when there is the potential for a major storm to hit.  Can i ask your opinion?  I'm supposed to be flying into Ft Meyes Thursday.....my brother is baptizing my niece and I am the God mother.  My concern is getting back into NY.....I am scheduled to fly back in Sunday night.  I have 4 young children and I dont want to be away from them if a storm is coming or risk not getting back.  Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.  

I think your problem will be going to florida on Thursday (going to be making landfall or close to on most of FL) and your return possibly.

Thank you...guess it's a waiting game....will have to keep tuned in here....

Sferra01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Jesus - this is unbelievable and please do not say EURO is king - it is 1500 S of it last run at OZ and had this in teh GOM last Thurs. for God's sake. It doesn't make it north of Jacksonville - stalls the CAT 5 out and loops it back to Miami for a second go round - REALLY?? SHows teh trough in midsection and then poof flattens it like a pancake. WOW.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Sferra01 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Sferra01 wrote:I follow this page all the time....especially when there is the potential for a major storm to hit.  Can i ask your opinion?  I'm supposed to be flying into Ft Meyes Thursday.....my brother is baptizing my niece and I am the God mother.  My concern is getting back into NY.....I am scheduled to fly back in Sunday night.  I have 4 young children and I dont want to be away from them if a storm is coming or risk not getting back.  Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.  

I think your problem will be going to florida on Thursday (going to be making landfall or close to on most of FL) and your return possibly.

Thank you...guess it's a waiting game....will have to keep tuned in here....

Yes it is, models are dead set on FL though and likely the SE US, its up here that is the big question and IF it even has a chance. Right now NHC cone says near but tat will change we still have 5 days or so.
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:35 pm

amugs wrote:Jesus - this is unbelievable and please do not say EURO is king - it is 1500 S of it last run at OZ and had this in teh GOM last Thurs. for God's sake. It doesn't make it north of Jacksonville - stalls the CAT 5 out and loops it back to Miami for a second go round - REALLY?? SHows teh trough in midsection and then poof flattens it like a pancake. WOW.

I def have lost a lot of belief in the Euro over the past year. I have been learning more about the 500mb level with this storm and I can see the drastic difference, I wonder if when frank mentioned the typhoon in pacific if that is complicating what the trough will eventually look like and if the WAR is being modeled correctly. Its insanity that's for sure.
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:37 pm

What IS promising on the damage side of things is that we are not looking at a Sandy or 1938 repeat. At most, some heavy rains, gusty winds, and really rough surf IMO if any affects at all. By the way, if he does affect us, he'll be out of here in about 9 hours' time. Florida on the other hand is in big trouble.

I'm ready for a blizzard! :-p
SoulSingMG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:39 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:What IS promising on the damage side of things is that we are not looking at a Sandy or 1938 repeat. At most, some heavy rains, gusty winds, and really rough surf IMO if any affects at all. By the way, if he does affect us, he'll be out of here in about 9 hours' time. Florida on the other hand is in big trouble.

If you go straight up by the NHC its a 90mph cat 1 up this way, that's winds about the same or a bit higher than sandy but no unless there is drastic change (tropics always has that chance) I think we see maybe TS conditions or weak hurricane in WCS.
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:43 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:What IS promising on the damage side of things is that we are not looking at a Sandy or 1938 repeat. At most, some heavy rains, gusty winds, and really rough surf IMO if any affects at all. By the way, if he does affect us, he'll be out of here in about 9 hours' time. Florida on the other hand is in big trouble.

If you go straight up by the NHC its a 90mph cat 1 up this way, that's winds about the same or a bit higher than sandy but no unless there is drastic change (tropics always has that chance) I think we see maybe TS conditions or weak hurricane in WCS.

Correct, but it's a 90 mph hurricane headed NE and not even landfalling near us. Perhaps Eastern LI mayyy see hurricane conditions per NHCs latest cone (which will change a hundred times more) but we wouldn't here in NYC metro, I don't believe. Longest storm ever to track tho, man!
SoulSingMG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:00 pm

[quote="SoulSingMG"][quote="jmanley32"]

Yes, current trends may cause the storm to just brush or miss the area entirely! We all know the storm is never nailed days in advance, last runs show such a wide inland hook over the southeast that it causes the synoptic setup to change as it attempts to gain latitude and fails to make it north of OBX. Most notably EURO, CMC went back to this soln., JMA, and GFS is trending towards it. For east coast impacts, you want it to rush straight north and miss Florida, if it landfalls in Florida, I feel it will miss us for the most part, maybe a brush, if it just brushes Florida it will probably come closer to us, just my gut feeling.

NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:01 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

Correct, but it's a 90 mph hurricane headed NE and not even landfalling near us. Perhaps Eastern LI mayyy see hurricane conditions per NHCs latest cone (which will change a hundred times more)  but we wouldn't here in NYC metro, I don't believe. Longest storm ever to track tho, man!
We will see we could be looking down the barrel in 2 days from now the way the models have been, more offshore than not though is what I can recall for the most part. Yes I just found a map from the 22nd of Sept. and it had this around the 8th!
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:02 pm

jmanley32 wrote:

They're end of the cone is never right... Changes constantly and I dont buy that for a quick minute.
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Nobody knows where its going or how strong its going to be. As far as north of the Southeast is concerned. I'd be getting a bit worried if I was in eastern Florida by now, definately be prepping in the Bahamas.

Last edited by NjWeatherGuy on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:03 pm

NjWeatherGuy wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

Yes, current trends may cause the storm to just brush or miss the area entirely! We all know the storm is never nailed days in advance, last runs show such a wide inland hook over the southeast that it causes the synoptic setup to change as it attempts to gain latitude and fails to make it north of OBX. Most notably EURO, CMC went back to this soln., JMA, and GFS is trending towards it. For east coast impacts, you want it to rush straight north and miss Florida, if it landfalls in Florida, I feel it will miss us for the most part, maybe a brush, if it just brushes Florida it will probably come closer to us, just my gut feeling. 12z HWRF FWIW is further off FL coast and JUST brushes it as you say, far from consensus, keeps things interesting I guess, or drives ya nuts lol

jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:04 pm

amugs wrote:Jesus - this is unbelievable and please do not say EURO is king - it is 1500 S of it last run at OZ and had this in teh GOM last Thurs. for God's sake. It doesn't make it north of Jacksonville - stalls the CAT 5 out and loops it back to Miami for a second go round - REALLY?? SHows teh trough in midsection and then poof flattens it like a pancake. WOW.
Mugs why are you so in love with the GFS all of a sudden the gofus as you call it. It's always too fast always. The Euro was always correct within the 72 hour time frame and with the timing of the system that it would be a slow mover and if I'm not mistaken it never showed any impact at all for our area. You can add in that it looks like it is handling this trough the best. Still a few days to go. remember yesterday when all the other major models had a much sharper trough and she didn't.
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:06 pm

^Im not sure why everyone is always in love with the EURO, I would always 50/50 the forecast because verification is nearly identical since they updated the GFS. I can name several big storms in the past few the GFS and EURO nailed and blew respectively and visa versa.
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:09 pm

NjWeatherGuy wrote:^Im not sure why everyone is always in love with the EURO, I would always 50/50 the forecast because verification is nearly identical since they updated the GFS. I can name several big storms in the past few the GFS and EURO nailed and blew respectively and visa versa.

yep, blizzard 2014.
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Will have a 7pm update

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top