NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread

+31
Dunnzoo
Math23x7
Biggin23
WeatherBob
mrsmaz
Artechmetals
mwilli5783
RJB8525
tbone
oldtimer
Snow88
Dtone
weatherwatchermom
sroc4
Radz
clownloach
NjWeatherGuy
CyphaPSU
speckles116
SoulSingMG
frank 638
Grselig
rb924119
devsman
skinsfan1177
Sferra01
amugs
Mannyjaffe
FourSliced
jmanley32
Frank_Wx
35 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread Empty Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:22 pm

It's looking increasingly likely Matthew will stay south of our area. However, I think it will still be neat to track him from afar. Not to mention, I have received dozens of requests from members for updates because they either are vacationing, have family there, business trips, etc. One person even has a hot date (I will not mention who, no worries).

Today's guidance shows Matthew tracking further west bringing greater and more significant impacts to Florida.

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread Gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_9

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread Gfs_apcpn_seus_12

It looks like eastern FL is in line for a good 3-6" of rain with isolated amounts closest to the shore getting 8"+

Canadian model agrees:

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread Gem_apcpn_seus_12

EURO is slightly east today, but general theme remains. Winds at the surface over eastern Florida could GUST to 80-90 mph. Orlando and placed a bit inland probably will not see that. GFS 925mb is showing 60-70 kts, so at the surface it's probably 65-70mph.

Last edited by Frank_Wx on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread Empty Re: Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread

Post by jmanley32 Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Frank your first sentence, may want to fix that, I think you meant increasingly "likely"

"It's looking increasingly unlikely Matthew will stay south of our area"
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread Empty Re: Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:29 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Frank your first sentence, may want to fix that, I think you meant increasingly "likely"

No..he's coming here. Your backyard.

JK, fixed. THANKS

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Frank your first sentence, may want to fix that, I think you meant increasingly "likely"

No..he's coming here. Your backyard.

JK, fixed. THANKS

Don't toy with me like that , you know im bummed.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:35 pm

Tracking the SE, my family down in vero and west palm are hunkering down, stores are empty boards are going up etc.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by FourSliced Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:39 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Don't toy with me like that , you know im bummed.

I've been lurking here for years and reading these threads, two things I have to know:

(1) WHY IN THE WORLD would you want this storm to come anywhere near us?!?

(2) Where do you find the time to post so much?

[back to lurker mode]

FourSliced

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread 57f5439fe32d1_10-5-20162-16-26PM.thumb.jpg.3413b1708541d8a8c31871aed35201dc

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread 57f5449e91199_ecmwf_tprecip_east_18total.thumb.png.c24b8875a03aa4ef6f09463b69702ece

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:50 pm

FourSliced wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Don't toy with me like that , you know im bummed.

I've been lurking here for years and reading these threads, two things I have to know:

(1) WHY IN THE WORLD would you want this storm to come anywhere near us?!?

(2) Where do you find the time to post so much?

[back to lurker mode]

Called a cellphone and a mainly desk job (and a great enthusiasm for weather since I was little). Its not just me that wanted a good storm, I can attest to that for mugs, Nutley and I believe Frank amoung others here its our nature, sick...maybe lol. Yeah go back.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyjaffe Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Long time lurker also and I completely want the storm.

We just like exciting weather.That's why we stay up until 1 am to watch a model run 5 days out, even though they miss us in the end most of the time.  Nobody wants anybody hurt or anything, its just fun to watch the power of nature.

Mannyjaffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Members,

I do not like the idea of people "for" the storm arguing with people "against" the storm. For the last time, mother nature will do what she wants and everyone is fascinated by different things. All we can do is prepare. We're enthusiasts for a reason. If you do not like appreciate the enthusiasm of some members, then please keep it to yourself. It is your opinion that no one here wants to hear. Future discussions around this topic should be in the banter thread, but I may consider deleting the posts because it is borderline political and against the rules of this forum. Which you can read by clicking on the tab on the menu bar.

Let's get back to weather!

Thank you.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Mannyjaffe wrote:Long time lurker also and I completely want the storm.

We just like exciting weather.That's why we stay up until 1 am to watch a model run 5 days out, even though they miss us in the end most of the time.  Nobody wants anybody hurt or anything, its just fun to watch the power of nature.

Manny - WELCOME - I sense you are a big weather weenie with this post - the power of nature is really beautiful - those who dont agree well...... Razz
Look forward to more posts here!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Welcome many, and Frank sorry bout the little banter. Just irked me a bit, will ignore in future.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyjaffe Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks guys! much appreciated! My bad on the banter..silly thing to argue about just feel the need to explain the madness. Anyways back to the storm...

Mannyjaffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sferra01 Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:30 pm

When is it expected to start impacting FL? Flying into Ft Meyers tomorrow am and leaving Sunday night back to N.Y.. Do you think I'll run into delays or should I be there before impacts are felt?

Sferra01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:35 pm

Sferra01 wrote:When is it expected to start impacting FL?  Flying into Ft Meyers tomorrow am and leaving Sunday night back to N.Y..   Do you think I'll run into delays or should I be there before impacts are felt?

Rain could start in FL by early afternoon tomorrow, but wind and heavy rain will not start until tomorrow night. Friday will be a bad day.

Ft. Myers is on the west side so you should be ok once you get there. Just some wind and rain. East side is worse.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:14 pm

So I'm a little confused trying to get caught up reading the New info we are still expecting Matthew to stay away from our area correct.
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sferra01 Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
Sferra01 wrote:When is it expected to start impacting FL?  Flying into Ft Meyers tomorrow am and leaving Sunday night back to N.Y..   Do you think I'll run into delays or should I be there before impacts are felt?

Rain could start in FL by early afternoon tomorrow, but wind and heavy rain will not start until tomorrow night. Friday will be a bad day.

Ft. Myers is on the west side so you should be ok once you get there. Just some wind and rain. East side is worse.

Thank you!!

Sferra01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:17 pm

skinsfan1177 wrote:So I'm a little confused trying to get caught up reading the New info we are still expecting Matthew to stay away from our area correct.

Yes.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by devsman Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Frank, I'm not one to ask IMBY questions but My in-laws are around Orlando by Disney. I think about 10 miles south in Celebration, Florida. I want them to be prepared so If you can give me wind and precip info, it would be greatly appreciated. They are on the older side so i'm just worried about them. Wish I was there to help...and of course watch.
devsman
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:13 pm

WPC saying we get a pre from Matthew

Hurricane Matthew Southeast Coast Discussion Thread CuCJcqbUMAAOyIe

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:49 pm

devsman wrote:Frank, I'm not one to ask IMBY questions but My in-laws are around Orlando by Disney. I think about 10 miles south in Celebration, Florida. I want them to be prepared so If you can give me wind and precip info, it would be greatly appreciated. They are on the older side so i'm just worried about them. Wish I was there to help...and of course watch.

Hey Dev,

They can expect 3-6" of rain, probably closer to 3 than 6. Winds will be sustained around 50mph at tines with gusts over 70mph. I think the hurricane force winds will be restricted to immediate coast due to Matthews track and tight core. The worst of the storm will be Friday afternoon.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Frank, I didn't exactly know where to put this, so feel free to move it if you want it somewhere else. I posted this morning about how I might be concerned with Matthew if it's still dancing around off the Southeast coast early next week. Instead of doing a write-up, I tried a video. Let me know what you all think about it, and feel free to ask questions!!! Hopefully you enjoy it, it answers all of the questions, isn't too boring, and isn't too long!! haha

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byod2Sk27yNYWjhpQmhTSTFkNDA

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Thanks. Not boring at all!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Rb,

EXCELLENT VIDEO - AWESOME JOB KID AND FANTASTIC EXPLANATION. I learned from this in a big way. thanks for taking the time to do this and share this. Hope it comes to fruition!!!

Mugs

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum