RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: February 9, 2017 Godzilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by syosnow94 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Wow great picture Weatherwatchmom.

WELL NJSTRONG FAMILY EARLIER TODAY I PROMISED TO TAKE ON OUR RIVALS IN BOSTON AND SINGLEHANDEDLY "OUTSNOW" THEM TO DEFEND OUR HONOR. WELL IT HAS BEEN DONE!! SYOSSET 15.5" BOSTON 10.5"

ALL HAIL LI THE SNOW CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.
savior savior savior savior savior savior savior savior savior party party party party party party party Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Mom,

What dog is that poor baby dog who is so cute? Is she a cavachon? I have a cavachon that could be her sister!

JIM YOU DID IT MY MAN BOOOOYAHHHH!!!! cheers cheers cheers savior savior party party bananadude bananadude shout

I along with Zoo have an official measurement of 9" - if the radar echos of mod green and dark green actually produced snow we would have easily had Godzilla status!!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:32 pm

[Dash on the other hands loves to go out...and could stay out all day

The big guy looks like he's part wolf with his ears pinned back like that facing into the wind I assume.

Here's my guy Coal,black lab water lover.

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Hey 14.0 inches up here in the HV, okay Syos wins today but he still trails for the season. Yes a good showing for a man surrounded by water and hats off to him for a valiant effort so far this season but he won't come out on top in the end. The dark green stayed over us and gave us the love here. Great comeback storm for the HV the former and after this season the once again snow capital of NJ STRONG.

And last may I add, good job Syos taking down Boston today. The enemy of my enemy is my friend compadre.

Frank a couple of years ago we had a decree that when anyone wanted to use the word Boston on this forum they must use the phrase "Red Sox suck" instead. I would like to put that back in place today. So F red socks suck and their impending storms next week many on this forum are still ahead of them on the season so the city of red socks sucks can stick it where the sun don't shine.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:43 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Hey 14.0 inches up here in the HV, okay Syos wins today but he still trails for the season. Yes a good showing for a man surrounded by water and hats off to him for a valiant effort so far this season but he won't come out on top in the end. The dark green stayed over us and gave us the love here. Great comeback storm for the HV the former and after this season the once again snow capital of NJ STRONG.

And last may I add, good job Syos taking down Red Sox Suck today. The enemy of my enemy is my friend compadre.

Frank a couple of years ago we had a decree that when anyone wanted to use the word Red Sox Suck on this forum they must use the phrase "Red Sox suck" instead. I would like to put that back in place today. So F red socks suck and their impending storms next week many on this forum are still ahead of them on the season so the city of red socks sucks can stick it where the sun don't shine.

I just banned the word. Anyone who types said word, it will spell out something else.

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Red Sox Suck - cool!!!
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Hey 14.0 inches up here in the HV, okay Syos wins today but he still trails for the season. Yes a good showing for a man surrounded by water and hats off to him for a valiant effort so far this season but he won't come out on top in the end. The dark green stayed over us and gave us the love here. Great comeback storm for the HV the former and after this season the once again snow capital of NJ STRONG.

And last may I add, good job Syos taking down Red Sox Suck today. The enemy of my enemy is my friend compadre.

Frank a couple of years ago we had a decree that when anyone wanted to use the word Red Sox Suck on this forum they must use the phrase "Red Sox suck" instead. I would like to put that back in place today. So F red socks suck and their impending storms next week many on this forum are still ahead of them on the season so the city of red socks sucks can stick it where the sun don't shine.

I just banned the word. Anyone who types said word, it will spell out something else.

Sure does work...............Ha
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:44 am

Its an ice rink out there, went to shovel my wifes car again as plow went by and re enclosed her grrrr. Anyways many of you in LI get another snow day Friday (today)! Almost everywhere else in tristate has a 2 hr or longer delay (except of course NYC schools. Here is the list.

http://abc7ny.com/community/schoolclosings/
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:47 am

Frank I do not understand your not wanting to utilize the ratios method map we must no longer speak of (just like the NAM, yet we love it now, (seems like when certain models do not work out you curse they out lol and then later decide to revoke your hatred), Why exactly though did you decide on this, does this method which was just added to wxbell this year not work well, is it always inaccurate? SO I assume no more posting of any ratio maps? I will believe that when cats fly LOL
jmanley32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scullybutcher on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:46 am

Finished with 14" here. Totals were held down by 1 hour of sleet and very heavy wet snow for the first few hours. Had a 1/2" layer of slush underneath snow. Which this morning will be a sheet of ice. Need high temps tomorrow so I can really finish cleaning my driveway.
Scullybutcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:07 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:Poor baby hates the cold..

Dash on the other hands loves to go out...and could stay out all day

view of back yard

MOM, beautiful dogs!!! Thanks for sharing the picture!
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:20 am

Love the pics Joanne.

Scott, next time you play forts I want in.

2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:09 am

amugs wrote:Mom,

What dog is that poor baby dog who is so cute? Is she a cavachon? I have a cavachon that could be her sister!

JIM YOU DID IT MY MAN BOOOOYAHHHH!!!! cheers  cheers  cheers  savior  savior  party  party  bananadude  bananadude  shout

I along with Zoo have an official measurement of 9" - if the radar echos of mod green and dark green actually produced snow we would have easily had Godzilla status!!

Thank you! she is a poodle...cavachon's are cute!! distant cousin!!
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am

GreyBeard wrote:[Dash on the other hands loves to go out...and could stay out all day

The big guy looks like he's part wolf with his ears pinned back like that facing into the wind I assume.

Here's my guy Coal,black lab water lover.

I love Black Labs!!...what a cutie pie!! Dash is a Schipperke-he is a little "tasmanian devil"!! Funny, very smart, stubborn, and mischievous!! Smile
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 am

The 16" or so of snow from yesterday has compacted down to about 10" or so. The bottom 1/2 which was really wet is solid ice. Roads are horrible.
syosnow94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:27 am

I had a thrill with this storm And it was because of all of you who make up this great "organization" The personalities,knowledge,and humor can't be beat CP and Doc really glad how you did with the storm As i read could see you both were like two kids in the candy store The photos of the families and dogs are just precious I'm almost 71 and don't contribute much but i'm on the site all the time Good,Bad or Indifferent It brings me back to the early sixties and seventies when following weather and snow Were't called "geeks" then just "Weird" Really..........Great Storm for many reasons You guys are keeping me younger and laughing to Thanks So Much Frank and all!!

oldtimer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:09 pm

oldtimer wrote:I had a thrill with this storm  And it was because of all of you who make up this great "organization"  The personalities,knowledge,and humor can't be beat  CP and Doc really glad how you did with the storm   As i read could see you both were like two kids in the candy store  The photos of the families and dogs are just precious   I'm almost 71 and don't contribute much but i'm on the site all the time Good,Bad or Indifferent   It brings me back to the early sixties and seventies when following weather and snow  Were't called "geeks" then just "Weird"  Really..........Great Storm for many reasons You guys are keeping me younger and laughing to   Thanks So Much Frank and all!!

OK, Oldtimer, as a fellow "old head"here like you, remember all that was the 60's and 70's winters around these parts.Glad you enjoyed the storm and being on this great board with our NJ Strong weather family.Glad I can provide a little comic relief for you.On to the next one!!!
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by keliza52 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:33 pm

I absolutely agree witheverything oldtimer stated. This is a wonderful board and as an "oldtimer" myself (66) I also remember the storms from the 60's and 70's. This was a great storm to follow with all the knowledge and humor. Thank you all!!

_____
Karen

keliza52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top