NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 5 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 am

I think I may have found a way to re-stock our coffers and store away some $$$ for the future.
I BELIEVE WE CAN MARKET AND SELL THIS TO OUR CITIZENS SUFFERING FROM "MELTITIS", "VIRGA SYNDROME", "GLCUTTERITIS", "MILLERBBOSTONJACKPOTNESS" ETC; WE CAN CALL IT THE OFFICIAL OTI REDNECK CURE-ALL.
https://youtu.be/Uh76prNMCok
OTI

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 5 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 am

syosnow94 wrote:I think I may have found a way to re-stock our coffers and store away some $$$ for the future.  
I BELIEVE WE CAN MARKET AND SELL THIS TO OUR CITIZENS SUFFERING FROM "MELTITIS", "VIRGA SYNDROME", "GLCUTTERITIS", "MILLERBBOSTONJACKPOTNESS" ETC; WE CAN CALL IT THE OFFICIAL OTI REDNECK CURE-ALL.  
OTI

I disagree with one point. The MILLERBBOSTONJACKPOTNESS is really more myth than fact. You yourself have beaten them this year and we in the HV have won in a landslide 71 vs 45, as we do most years. Too many get caught up in pre storm MAPITIS which itself is a serious malady. No one ever seems to fact check what actually happened (fake news) vs what the ridiculous pre storm maps show.

A perfect case in point of course was the RGEMS 44 inch snowfall map for Red Sox Suck the night before the blizzard, in reality they received 6 inches, case closed. MAPITIS must finally be recognized as a disease and treated appropriately and with equal vigor as the other maladies you mentioned.

I leave the details of course to our most competent Director of Mental Health.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler
Director of the Treasury

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:23 am

syosnow94 wrote:I think I may have found a way to re-stock our coffers and store away some $$$ for the future.  
OTI

PURE GENIUS from our Director of Mental Health.The Sanitarium has a large basement area we will install heavy duty refrigeration equipment and along with this device, manufacture our OWN snow to place seriously ill patients suffering form the various snowdeprivation maladies  into for amelioration and cure of their illnesses.We will be up and running for the upcoming winter of 2017-2018.The Sanitarium will approach Parliament with a detailed outline of the costs which will be submitted to the Director of the Treasury for inspection, correction and approval.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 am

syosnow94 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.

The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches  this time of year would be melted in 2 days.  

Hmmm, this comment is actually grounds for a treason indictment on OTI. There's been so much litigation lately I'll let this one pass, but be careful SNOWMAN is watching.

CP feeling merciful today.  I was banned a week for much less. Shocked Shocked

You make a good point, once we allow something like this to pass especially by a Director where does it end? Citizens will be wishing for spring in January and think that's okay. I leave this to the Director of Parliament and the Chief Justice. Personally as per the Director of Mental Healths comment I change my mind and recommend an immediate indictment.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 am

Doc I hope it melts fast. Sorry. I don't want muddy high rivers and streams for the April 1st trout opener. Very Happy

I believe this comment by our Director of Mental Health on a Mainland thread mitigates his accusation against the Director of the Coconut Lounge.Parliament's thought on this matter of possible charges brought up against Aresian is that the two charges, like in Physics, cancel each other out.This,plus being so late in the season where OTI Supreme Court will soon be discharged for the Spring and Summer recess, not convening until October 1, Anno Domani 2017.I defer to the Chief Justice and Excellent Inquistor's judgement on this judicial matter, lest parliament violates the "separation of coconut and banana powers" edict of OTI, but thought I would publish Parliament's reasoning in this matter.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:35 am

Unlike our the charges levied against our Director of Mental Health earlier this year, I'm not spring mongering. I am guilty of taking a fanatical approach to the upcoming potential, not of wishing it away altogether. If there is a storm to be had, I'll be at the head of the hype train. Having said all of that, I submit myself for whatever judgement the courts feel appropriate.

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:49 am

docstox12 wrote:Doc I hope it melts fast. Sorry. I don't want muddy high rivers and streams for the April 1st trout opener. Very Happy

I believe this comment by our Director of Mental Health on a Mainland thread mitigates his accusation against the Director of the Coconut Lounge.Parliament's thought on this matter of possible charges brought up against Aresian is that the two charges, like in Physics, cancel each other out.This,plus being so late in the season where OTI Supreme Court will soon be discharged for the Spring and Summer recess, not convening until October 1, Anno Domani 2017.I defer to the Chief Justice and Excellent Inquistor's judgement on this judicial matter, lest parliament violates the "separation of coconut and banana powers" edict of OTI, but thought I would publish Parliament's reasoning in this matter.

You're like King Solomon Doc.

However I'm more of the vengeance is mine sayeth CP type. To me both comments are so egregious I'm a little taken aback that both will go unpunished. What next, comments like "oh three feet of snow sounds dangerous I hope the storm misses us" or "I wish spring would come we've had snow on the ground for four months". If comments like that go unpunished eventually we will be subjected to the absurd comments like "I'm enjoying a record warm January I hope spring comes in February this year".

I don't want to start the whole Civil War thing again but my Italian half is already voting to form IOTI again in protest. My Yukranian half is still voting to stay a part of OTI but it is wavering. Three years in existence and we're already becoming a nation of pansies. No offense Doc but if SNOWMAN were here he'd slap your face, respectfully of course.

If any other Directors, Emperors, Vice Emperors, citizens or even visitors, legal or undocumented, are out there I welcome your input.

CP Cantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Speaking only for myself, CP, I am not a pansy. Rather, I am a zealot, uncompromising. I love my Coconut Lounge dearly, but I would be ashamed if I settled and found myself happy with glasses holding 1/8 of their capacity in liquid that evaporated before I had a chance to enjoy the taste. Overindulgence in all things.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:48 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:Doc I hope it melts fast. Sorry. I don't want muddy high rivers and streams for the April 1st trout opener. Very Happy

However I'm more of the vengeance is mine sayeth CP type. To me both comments are so egregious I'm a little taken aback that both will go unpunished. What next, comments like "oh three feet of snow sounds dangerous I hope the storm misses us" or "I wish spring would come we've had snow on the ground for four months". If comments like that go unpunished eventually we will be subjected to the absurd comments like "I'm enjoying a record warm January I hope spring comes in February this year".

I don't want to start the whole Civil War thing again but my Italian half is already voting to form IOTI again in protest. My Yukranian half is still voting to stay a part of OTI but it is wavering. Three years in existence and we're already becoming a nation of pansies. No offense Doc but if SNOWMAN were here he'd slap your face, respectfully of course.

If any other Directors, Emperors, Vice Emperors, citizens or even visitors, legal or undocumented, are out there I welcome your input.

CP Cantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury

Dear Director of the Treasury, I am more than willing to recommend disciplinary actions in this matter if our esteemed Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor judges thusly.I was feeling merciful and magnanimous after our recent massive snowfall of 21 inches on our Mainland Estates, that I was going by the philosophical edict of "let he who is without snowpack cast the first snowball", which, sadly, by the frailties of human nature, never seems to be obeyed.However, Parliament being a body mainly for the creation of law, not the MAINTENANCE of OTI law, I again defer to our Chief Justice in this matter.We at Parliament await his decision.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Wishing for Snow that is already melting to melt faster so that I can fish is not springmongering!!

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:20 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Wishing for Snow that is already melting to melt faster so that I can fish is not springmongering!!

Spin it anyway you want. It's like saying you only murder when someone does you wrong, so that makes it right.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME,SHAME, SHAME, SHAME,SHAME, SHAME, SHAME,SHAME, SHAME, SHAME,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWtS7jyhl-0

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b8oEcFmQD0

Here is a clip of CP and Doc at the Coconut Lounge trying to reason out the various issues on OTI and trying to come to an agreement.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:36 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

CP Cantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury

Dear Director of the Treasury, I am more than willing to recommend disciplinary actions in this matter if our esteemed Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor judges thusly.I was feeling merciful and magnanimous after our recent massive snowfall of 21 inches on our Mainland Estates, that I was going by the philosophical edict of "let he who is without snowpack cast the first snowball", which, sadly, by the frailties of human nature, never seems to be obeyed.However, Parliament being a body mainly for the creation of law, not the MAINTENANCE of OTI law, I again defer to our Chief Justice in this matter.We at Parliament await his decision.

lol! lol! lol!  "let he who is without snowpack cast the first snowball" lol! lol! lol!

Here's to hoping Jesus has a sense of humor, which I'm betting he does.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:39 pm

CP, if he made guys like you and me, he MUST have a sense of humor!!

KCACO my Pal!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 am

To whom it may concern:

As OTI Court will soon be convening, I humbly request an expeditious conclusion to my pending charges that I not have the uncertainty hanging over my head for the Spring and Summer Recess. That it might make the court's job easier, I will plead No Contest to any charge save Springmongering which I will oppose most vehemently. My words are a matter of public record and it is my belief that they in no way indicate a desire for spring/warm weather. If the court has any questions for me, they can find at home in the Coconut Lounge explaining to the bartender that I don't care what that mango tree said, I am not the father. Thank you for you prompt attention to this matter.

Director of the Coconut Lounge,

Aresian

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm

TheAresian wrote:To whom it may concern:

As OTI Court will soon be convening, I humbly request an expeditious conclusion to my pending charges that I not have the uncertainty hanging over my head for the Spring and Summer Recess. That it might make the court's job easier, I will plead No Contest to any charge save Springmongering which I will oppose most vehemently. My words are a matter of public record and it is my belief that they in no way indicate a desire for spring/warm weather. If the court has any questions for me, they can find at home in the Coconut Lounge explaining to the bartender that I don't care what that mango tree said, I am not the father. Thank you for you prompt attention to this matter.

Director of the Coconut Lounge,

Aresian

lol! lol! lol! I'm sure the Chief Justice will be fair as always. A lot has happened on the Island the last few days that he will have to digest. You were under a lot of stress facing a possible paternity suit. Any of us might crack under those circumstances.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:47 pm

I feel like I just walked into the Watts riots. Anyway, the OTI Court is currently reviewing recent events and will issue findings shortly.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 pm

JUDICIAL FINDINGS AND VERDICT
Case of
People of OTI v.s. TheAresian
and
People of OTI v.s. Syosnow
Issued March 21, 2017

DECISION:
We have a number of allegations here. So, ahem. Let’s start from the very beginning. A very good place to start. When you read you begin with A, B, C. When you judge you begin with Snow, Rain, Beach. Snow, Rain, Beach.

We must have snow before we have rain, which we have before we head to the beach. That is the proper order of weather each year around here. Winter Snow. Then Spring Rain. Then Sunny Summer beach and fishing days. None are to be unnecessarily rushed. It is perfectly alright to enjoy Spring Showers to help you grow May Flowers, or grass that you can charge people to cut.  It also is perfectly alright to enjoy the beach or fishing in warm weather.  It is not, however, on OTI, acceptable to hasten an end to the SNOW season to get to these other events. They will come soon enough, and last long enough, without wishing away our precious snow days. And since we can get major snowstorms in March and measurable snowfall into early April, wishing for warm weather and an end to the snow season prior to that is hasty. In fact, on this island, it is criminal in nature.

So let’s examine the two distinct charges. First against the Aresian.  It has been submitted in evidence that the Aresian stated as follows (and this appears to this Court uncontested):
TheAresian wrote: "It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.
The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches this time of year would be melted in 2 days."

A fair reading of this statement is simple. Aresian is hoping for a foot of snow. That is great. And had he left it there all would be well. But, and this is critical. He did not leave it there.  He proceeded to say that 3 or even 6 inches was essentially worthless to him and he’d rather have nothing. With all due respect, 6” is a significant snowfall. And I don’t recall where the time it takes for snow to melt AFTER a storm detracting from the joy of watching a snowstorm. On the day it snows, watching the snow fall, being whipped by the winter winds, coating everything in a beautiful covering of white, it is completely irrelevant at that moment whether in three days it will melt. Enjoy it for what it is. "Nothing" or God Forbid "Rain," is never better than 6” of snow, nor even 3” of snow. If he said getting "nothing" is better than freezing rain or sleet I’d understand. But snow I do not.

However, this is not Springmongering, primarily because TheAresian never said he doesn’t want anymore snow this season, just that this particular storm could pass him by. If he had said, arguendo, “If I don’t get a foot of snow, bring on May and the flower bloom,”  then THAT would be Springmongering.

Therefore I find TheAresian NOT GUILTY of “Springmongering”, but GUILTY of a lesser charge of Reckless Snowslaughter. Recklessly wishing for a storm to drop nothing which could lead to the untimely death of the hopes of snowlovers for even a few inches of snow.

His punishment is a one-night ban from the Coconut Lounge and a restraining order preventing him from having any contact with Wildebeasts or TREES, for a period of one month.

Now the second allegation is against Syosnow who is alleged to have uttered the following statement:
"Doc I hope it melts fast. Sorry. I don't want muddy high rivers and streams for the April 1st trout opener."

The evidence appears uncontested that he stated this. So is this Springmongering? Not exactly. He is hoping for better conditions for a distinct date and event, in this case the April 1st trout opener. I would analogize this to a groom and bride in January wishing for no large snowstorms on their wedding day as it would destroy a day they had long planned for and possibly endanger family and friends traveling to their event. It may raise an eyebrow, but it is excusable, provided that they are hoping for a snowstorm the day AFTER their wedding. It doesn't mean they are hoping for an early Spring. So, as long as Syosnow is hoping for more snow after April 1st, he can be excused for hoping for no snow melt impacts on April 1st.  It is, however, never good to wish for snow to melt fast so I would say this is probably a violation of some sort. But more a minor violation like a traffic ticket or code violation.

Therefore I will simply fine Syos one mango and one banana for the code offense of “careless snowmelting.”

These are the findings of this Court.

Respectfully Submitted,
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:03 pm

To the Honorable Billg315, Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor:

As stated previously, I do not contest the findings of the court and will retreat from the Coconut Lounge immediately for the stated duration. Also, in accordance with the court's order of restraint, I have cleared out my social calendar, thus insuring that I am in full compliance and will remain so. I thank the court for its prompt attention to the matter and I apologize to the court, the Parliament and to OTI as a whole for any shame or harm I may have brought upon it as a result of my careless statement.

Humbly,
TheAresian
Director of the Coconut Lounge

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Isn't it hard to believe that yesterday marked the three year anniversary of the first OTI post by ex-king Mugs?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:16 am

billg315 wrote:JUDICIAL FINDINGS AND VERDICT
Case of
People of OTI v.s. TheAresian
and
People of OTI v.s. Syosnow
Issued March 21, 2017

DECISION:
We have a number of allegations here. So, ahem. Let’s start from the very beginning. A very good place to start. When you read you begin with A, B, C. When you judge you begin with Snow, Rain, Beach. Snow, Rain, Beach.

We must have snow before we have rain, which we have before we head to the beach. That is the proper order of weather each year around here. Winter Snow. Then Spring Rain. Then Sunny Summer beach and fishing days. None are to be unnecessarily rushed. It is perfectly alright to enjoy Spring Showers to help you grow May Flowers, or grass that you can charge people to cut.  It also is perfectly alright to enjoy the beach or fishing in warm weather.  It is not, however, on OTI, acceptable to hasten an end to the SNOW season to get to these other events. They will come soon enough, and last long enough, without wishing away our precious snow days. And since we can get major snowstorms in March and measurable snowfall into early April, wishing for warm weather and an end to the snow season prior to that is hasty. In fact, on this island, it is criminal in nature.

So let’s examine the two distinct charges. First against the Aresian.  It has been submitted in evidence that the Aresian stated as follows (and this appears to this Court uncontested):
TheAresian wrote: "It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.
The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches this time of year would be melted in 2 days."

A fair reading of this statement is simple. Aresian is hoping for a foot of snow. That is great. And had he left it there all would be well. But, and this is critical. He did not leave it there.  He proceeded to say that 3 or even 6 inches was essentially worthless to him and he’d rather have nothing. With all due respect, 6” is a significant snowfall. And I don’t recall where the time it takes for snow to melt AFTER a storm detracting from the joy of watching a snowstorm. On the day it snows, watching the snow fall, being whipped by the winter winds, coating everything in a beautiful covering of white, it is completely irrelevant at that moment whether in three days it will melt. Enjoy it for what it is. "Nothing" or God Forbid "Rain," is never better than 6” of snow, nor even 3” of snow. If he said getting "nothing" is better than freezing rain or sleet I’d understand. But snow I do not.

However, this is not Springmongering, primarily because TheAresian never said he doesn’t want anymore snow this season, just that this particular storm could pass him by. If he had said, arguendo, “If I don’t get a foot of snow, bring on May and the flower bloom,”  then THAT would be Springmongering.

Therefore I find TheAresian NOT GUILTY of “Springmongering”, but GUILTY of a lesser charge of Reckless Snowslaughter. Recklessly wishing for a storm to drop nothing which could lead to the untimely death of the hopes of snowlovers for even a few inches of snow.

His punishment is a one-night ban from the Coconut Lounge and a restraining order preventing him from having any contact with Wildebeasts or TREES, for a period of one month.

Now the second allegation is against Syosnow who is alleged to have uttered the following statement:
"Doc I hope it melts fast. Sorry. I don't want muddy high rivers and streams for the April 1st trout opener."

The evidence appears uncontested that he stated this. So is this Springmongering? Not exactly. He is hoping for better conditions for a distinct date and event, in this case the April 1st trout opener. I would analogize this to a groom and bride in January wishing for no large snowstorms on their wedding day as it would destroy a day they had long planned for and possibly endanger family and friends traveling to their event. It may raise an eyebrow, but it is excusable, provided that they are hoping for a snowstorm the day AFTER their wedding. It doesn't mean they are hoping for an early Spring. So, as long as Syosnow is hoping for more snow after April 1st, he can be excused for hoping for no snow melt impacts on April 1st.  It is, however, never good to wish for snow to melt fast so I would say this is probably a violation of some sort. But more a minor violation like a traffic ticket or code violation.

Therefore I will simply fine Syos one mango and one banana for the code offense of “careless snowmelting.”

These are the findings of this Court.

Respectfully Submitted,
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor

Brilliant, this is why the common folk on OTI refer to you as the Oliver Wendall Holmes of OTI. Perhaps that comparison doesn't even do you justice.

However it is the thought of some on the Island that you were a bit lenient with Springmongerer, yes I said it, Syos. Our Director of Mental Health has had two outbursts now wishing death upon both winter and snow itself, two treasonable offenses IMO. Our Chief Security Officer SNOWMAN would like him executed, but even I believe that is a little harsh. I was hoping he would be forced into at least a public apology but up to this point his silence shows his defiance and lack of understanding as to the depths of his outbursts. It only makes it more glaring that our esteemed Director of the Coconut Lounge humbly apologized and asked for forgiveness, while the Director of Mental Health continues to try and explain away his crimes without remorse.

I'm not looking for a walk of shame here as per Queen Cersei in Game of thrones, I mean why should the public of OTI be subjected to that sight, but one mango and one banana for wishing snow to melt by April 1st as if it could magically reappear on April 2nd? I can only repeat the words of the great OTI revolutionary SNOWMAN when I posted the average temperatures in Oymyakon Siberia in January and noted the -50 average was even a little much for me, "that's car wash weather for me" was his reply. Where has that spirit of snow and cold gone on OTI? Isn't that one of the core principals that our great Island was founded on?

Sorry to say and I noted the same thing several days ago we are becoming a nation of pansies and ripe for another terrorist attack from OSIS (OTI Sectarian Island Separatists). A warning to all citizens, put on your iron underwear when you sleep lest you wake with a banana where it should not be. Having been attacked once already by the fiend or fiends of OSIS I can say from experience a pleasant experience it is not, but thank God it wasn't a coconut.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:01 am

My response to CP with all due respect is our chief justice has spoken. Let it be. You are starting to sound like a "snowflake" and may soon wind up on MSNBC being interviewed by Rachel Maddow. My silence has been because I am hard at work treating the "coastal" folk who have checked into the sanitarium after the last blizzard bust. I feel compelled to include the video below for CP's "enjoyment" tongue tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:07 am

......ooops sorry CP Razz Razz Razz wrong video. This is more like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:42 pm

To the Parliament, Courts and other Administrations of OTI:

This being my first season on the island, I am curious as to post-winter life. I saw that the court goes into recess, but what happens with the rest of the island? Is there a set of fixed dates for recesses for the rest of us? Also, I am pleased to announce that the mango paternity suit has been dropped. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but I'm told it has something to do with a banana being over ripe. I have no idea what that means, but I'm glad the whole sordid incident is behind me.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:58 am

Aresian, I am glad that those 'fruits" have dropped their case against you! A celebratory night at the Coconut Lounge is in order!

As to your question concerning OTI recess, in past years we have set April 1 to October 1 as the traditional recess period.The Mainland visits here drop off drastically starting now and interest in the Island picks up around the time mainland winter enthusiasts begin to return.The Island is maintained by a skeleton crew so it is always up and running thought at a much reduced rate of traffic.Feel free to post during the recess period as I always check in periodically.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:09 am

Celebratory nights in the Lounge are a big part of the reason the suit was brought against me in the first place. However, that is not a concern this time as the restraining order is against most forms of after-a-night-at-the-lounge-organic life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 am

It has been well over a week since I got a response from Upton that they would review the snow totals from 1/7 and 1/14. And we are getting to the planned 4/1 OTI recess. If they somehow change the totals come April, will the reparations to CP from the Conservancy take place then or will it have to wait until the fall. We all know he had to spend an ample amount of time in the Sanitarium for the ridiculous snow reports. Billg already has the documents in place, which he issued last January (well done Bill). We are just anxious as to what the judge (in this case, Upton) has to say.

Also, this post will unfortunately get overlooked. Why? Because it is the last post of the fifth page of the Phase II thread. Once the next post is up, both the citizens and the tourists will not know that there was a relatively new post right before it. You see, using what is on this forum from emperor Frank, the total number of posts is equal to the number of replies plus one, since the one is the initial post of the thread. Now, after this post, it will have 124 replies, for 125 posts (whereas before it was 123 replies, for 124 posts). And since there are 25 posts per page, the fifth page will be filled up. Let me put in a rule of thumb. Let the number on the reply counter = x. If x ≡ 23 (mod 25) right before you make your post, then know that your post will be quickly forgotten. For those of you who did not major in math, in other words, before this post there were 123 replies. When you divide 123 by 25, the remainder is 23.

In short, this post is meant to emphasize a scenario of the snowfall revision taking place in April, but no one (outside of the first poster) will seem to care about it Sad

This has been a somewhat of a decent winter we just had as it had its moments in December, January, February, and March something that none of the prior seven winters (including the 4 50"+ winters) could do. It's unfortunate, however, that a large chunk if it featured unseasonable warmth and a storm that under-performed in snow totals in select locations (including my own) in mid-March.

Anyway, this may be my last post before the pending Government Recess begins. The Kingdom thread may be locked for the next six months but I will leave it up to the founders to decide. Barring any surprises, see you next fall!

Over and out.

Math23x7
Director of Technology

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum