NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 6 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by Guest Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:09 am

Celebratory nights in the Lounge are a big part of the reason the suit was brought against me in the first place. However, that is not a concern this time as the restraining order is against most forms of after-a-night-at-the-lounge-organic life.

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 6 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by Math23x7 Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 am

It has been well over a week since I got a response from Upton that they would review the snow totals from 1/7 and 1/14. And we are getting to the planned 4/1 OTI recess. If they somehow change the totals come April, will the reparations to CP from the Conservancy take place then or will it have to wait until the fall. We all know he had to spend an ample amount of time in the Sanitarium for the ridiculous snow reports. Billg already has the documents in place, which he issued last January (well done Bill). We are just anxious as to what the judge (in this case, Upton) has to say.

Also, this post will unfortunately get overlooked. Why? Because it is the last post of the fifth page of the Phase II thread. Once the next post is up, both the citizens and the tourists will not know that there was a relatively new post right before it. You see, using what is on this forum from emperor Frank, the total number of posts is equal to the number of replies plus one, since the one is the initial post of the thread. Now, after this post, it will have 124 replies, for 125 posts (whereas before it was 123 replies, for 124 posts). And since there are 25 posts per page, the fifth page will be filled up. Let me put in a rule of thumb. Let the number on the reply counter = x. If x ≡ 23 (mod 25) right before you make your post, then know that your post will be quickly forgotten. For those of you who did not major in math, in other words, before this post there were 123 replies. When you divide 123 by 25, the remainder is 23.

In short, this post is meant to emphasize a scenario of the snowfall revision taking place in April, but no one (outside of the first poster) will seem to care about it Sad

This has been a somewhat of a decent winter we just had as it had its moments in December, January, February, and March something that none of the prior seven winters (including the 4 50"+ winters) could do. It's unfortunate, however, that a large chunk if it featured unseasonable warmth and a storm that under-performed in snow totals in select locations (including my own) in mid-March.

Anyway, this may be my last post before the pending Government Recess begins. The Kingdom thread may be locked for the next six months but I will leave it up to the founders to decide. Barring any surprises, see you next fall!

Over and out.

Math23x7
Director of Technology

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:29 am

Dear Director of Technology:

Be advised that your important data will be posted on the OTI Thread regardless of the recess.Just because we close down the offices of Parliament and the Sanitarium from April 1 to October 1 to give Directors and staff a well earned rest after the hectic and draining Mainland winter period does not mean OTI shuts COMPLETELY down.A skeleton crew is always on the Island and postings are welcome during this period.

Your esoteric Math formulas are quite intriguing.Sadly, the only esoteric math formula I know and can demonstrate is 13 X 7=28.With that, I remain...

DOCSTOX
Director of Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:26 am

Math23x7 wrote:It has been well over a week since I got a response from Upton that they would review the snow totals from 1/7 and 1/14.  And we are getting to the planned 4/1 OTI recess.  If they somehow change the totals come April, will the reparations to CP from the Conservancy take place then or will it have to wait until the fall.  We all know he had to spend an ample amount of time in the Sanitarium for the ridiculous snow reports.  Billg already has the documents in place, which he issued last January (well done Bill).  We are just anxious as to what the judge (in this case, Upton) has to say.

Also, this post will unfortunately get overlooked.  Why? Because it is the last post of the fifth page of the Phase II thread.  Once the next post is up, both the citizens and the tourists will not know that there was a relatively new post right before it.  You see, using what is on this forum from emperor Frank, the total number of posts is equal to the number of replies plus one, since the one is the initial post of the thread.  Now, after this post, it will have 124 replies, for 125 posts (whereas before it was 123 replies, for 124 posts).  And since there are 25 posts per page, the fifth page will be filled up.  Let me put in a rule of thumb.  Let the number on the reply counter = x.  If x ≡ 23 (mod 25) right before you make your post, then know that your post will be quickly forgotten.  For those of you who did not major in math, in other words, before this post there were 123 replies.  When you divide 123 by 25, the remainder is 23.

In short, this post is meant to emphasize a scenario of the snowfall revision taking place in April, but no one (outside of the first poster) will seem to care about it Sad

This has been a somewhat of a decent winter we just had as it had its moments in December, January, February, and March something that none of the prior seven winters (including the 4 50"+ winters) could do.  It's unfortunate, however, that a large chunk if it featured unseasonable warmth and a storm that under-performed in snow totals in select locations (including my own) in mid-March.

Anyway, this may be my last post before the pending Government Recess begins.  The Kingdom thread may be locked for the next six months but I will leave it up to the founders to decide.  Barring any surprises, see you next fall!

Over and out.

Math23x7
Director of Technology

Ah but a post can be given new life on a page when it is quoted. This Court is hereby quoting your post as it pertains to important news (and frankly the Chief Justice had always wondered how to figure out when a post would be the last post on a page ). Rest assured if the Conservancy and NWS buckle under legal pressure and conceded their errors, this Court will spring (pardon the pun) into action during the post-winter recess. I just may spring more slowly into action once the recess begins. Very Happy
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 am

Mike you're post has been placed into the OTI government and historical documents section proving that even the last post in a section can attain immortality.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 am

I have extended the government session to April 15th this year. This is of course predicated on the approval of Parliament.

With last nights sleet and snow in many parts of the Mainland, temps in the low to mid 30's with rain and sleet on the Mainland today and the hinting by our ex king Mugs of a couple of wintry events still possible this April it seems premature to close on April 1.

Everyone please remember even though the OTI government goes into recess for five and a half months, tourism, the OTI Sanitarium and the World Famous Coconut Lounge all are up and running year round.

CP Cantmeasuresnow
Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler
Director of the Treasury
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:24 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I have extended the government session to April 15th this year. This is of course predicated on the approval of Parliament.

With last nights sleet and snow in many parts of the Mainland, temps in the low to mid 30's with rain and sleet on the Mainland today and the hinting by our ex king Mugs of a couple of wintry events still possible this April it seems premature to close on April 1.

Everyone please remember even though the OTI government goes into recess for five and a half months, tourism, the OTI Sanitarium and the World Famous Coconut Lounge all are up and running year round.

CP Cantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury

Parliament approves Treasury Director CP's extension request to April 15th, and verifies his statement about off -season operation of various OTI facilities.

Docstox

Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:17 am

Friends of OTI:

I Docstox, on behalf of Parliament and the OTI Sanitarium,wish to thank all of our Directors and the many visitors and patients at the OTI Sanitarium this Mainland winter season for their steadfast devotion and support for our Island.This has been the most outstanding year of our history and I look forward to resumption of this trend upon re-opening OTI this October 1st.I now place the Island formally on recess until that time.Be advised a skeleton crew maintains the Island during the dreadful Spring, Summer and early Fall period when the Mainland weather resumes its boring non-winter patterns albeit an occaisional thunderstorm or the rare hurricane.Feel free to visit or post accordingly to your wishes and be assured a reply will be forthcoming although not speedily.

Once again,many thanks.I leave you all with this little clip of encouragement until the Island resumes normal activities on October 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGhnLWzXnfE
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Barring an emergency session of the Judiciary, Court is now in recess until October 1, 2017. *Gavel Bangs*

Respectfully Submitted,
Billg315
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri May 12, 2017 2:11 pm

I realize the government is in recess until October 1 but when we reconvene we should consider a declaration of war against North Korea, because that boy is crazy. Provided of course that we are all still here October 1.

Word is the OTI defense department is working on stronger sticks and palm branches should war become inevitable. Rumor also has it they are testing a new texture of sand that can blind an open eyed opponent for five minutes. OTI does not bow to tyrants, if provoked we will defend ourselves.

CPCantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri May 12, 2017 2:55 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I realize the government is in recess until October 1 but when we reconvene we should consider a declaration of war against North Korea, because that boy is crazy. Provided of course that we are all still here October 1.

Word is the OTI defense department is working on stronger sticks and palm branches should war become inevitable. Rumor also has it they are testing a new texture of sand that can blind an open eyed opponent for five minutes. OTI does not bow to tyrants, if provoked we will defend ourselves.

CPCantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury

Dear Treasury Director CP,

The OTI DOD (Department of Defense) has been working diligently 24/7 to deal with the very threat you have mentioned vis a vis North Korea.Here is a video of a recent testing of our new top secret weapon.We have an abundance of coconuts so they will be used with this particular weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfnJ2Zah8Kg

In a top secret memorandum, the weapon is proving to be accurate and effective.OTI may be in recess but it never is asleep!

Docstox
Director OTI Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Anno Domani May 12 2017
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri May 12, 2017 4:01 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I realize the government is in recess until October 1 but when we reconvene we should consider a declaration of war against North Korea, because that boy is crazy. Provided of course that we are all still here October 1.

CPCantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury

Dear Treasury Director CP,

The OTI DOD (Department of Defense) has been working diligently 24/7 to deal with the very threat you have mentioned vis a vis North Korea.Here is a video of a recent testing of our new top secret weapon.We have an abundance of coconuts so they will be used with this particular weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfnJ2Zah8Kg

In a top secret memorandum, the weapon is proving to be accurate and effective.OTI may be in recess but it never is asleep!

Docstox
Director OTI Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Anno Domani May 12 2017

lol! lol! lol!

OTI technology is amazing. Hats off to the Director of Technology Math. Now we need to start a pumpkin crop, the work never ends, as you say we may be in recess but we never sleep.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 am

October 1 is fast approaching. It's still a good six weeks away but all government employees should begin to prepare their fall budgets and prepare for an influx of tourists from the mainland.

I noticed a sand castle wall built in sector four had been breached by a recent high tide and is in need of repair. A few government huts had wind damage from the latest TS but nothing a couple of bamboo branches won't fix.

Leaving today for six more weeks on the mainland until our official opening. See you all soon. Good work as always Doc, you make this place tick.

CPcantmeasuresnow
GHEMR
Director of the Treasury
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 am

Dear Director of the Treasury:

Duly received and noted on the infrastructure needs in Sector 4.Work crews will be assembled and materials procured for the repairs.On September 1st, a full inspection of the Island will be started and all infrastructure needs noted and dealt with.We at Parliament work in a Bi partisan manner in regards to any needs the Island may require, Bannana and Coconut parties both in a non -rancorous, respectful manner.

As we rapidly approach another exciting season of serving our Mainland guests in the winter season, I, Docstox, Director of the OTI Sanitarium and Director of Parliament wish to extend a hearty thank you to all of our loyal OTI governmental contributors and to all our Mainland Guests.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:45 am

To the esteemed members of the Parliament of OTI,

With the opening of the island now less than one month away, I thought I would check in with a status report. While it has been a rather slow summer here in our beloved Coconut Lounge, our staff has been hard at work ensuring that not only our trickle of current visitors well provided for, but also that we will be at peak efficiency and wholly capable of properly entertaining both residents and visitors from the mainland. I can also proudly state that not time this entire summer have I woken up unable to remember where I left my pants.

Dutifully
The Aresian
Director of the Coconut Lounge

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:11 pm

TheAresian wrote:To the esteemed members of the Parliament of OTI,

With the opening of the island now less than one month away, I thought I would check in with a status report. While it has been a rather slow summer here in our beloved Coconut Lounge, our staff has been hard at work ensuring that not only our trickle of current visitors well provided for, but also that we will be at peak efficiency and wholly capable of properly entertaining both residents and visitors from the mainland. I can also proudly state that not time this entire summer have I woken up unable to remember where I left my pants.

Dutifully
The Aresian
Director of the Coconut Lounge

With loyal and dedicated people like yourself, Aresian, you can clearly see why your Director of Parliament and OTI Sanitarium sleeps soundly at night.Yes, exciting times here on the Island, staff reports coming in, thanks for yours concerning our incredible Coconut Lounge which under your leadership, had the best year ever in OTI history.May I make a request that the Lounge hosts an opening day party for all OTI leaders and staff members on or around October 1st? I am now at the Parliament Building organizing the reports of the Island's status and making plans for the re-opening which is rapidly approaching.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:22 pm

An excellent idea, docs. On October 1, we'll have a welcome back party complete with wine, women and song (and no security cameras) to kick the new session off with a bang. You think we could get Syo to smuggle in some "party favors" from the sanitarium or is it too early in the session to be engaging in that particular type of debauchery?

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Excellent , Director of the Coconut Lounge, I knew you would be happy to arrange the Welcome Back to OTI Party celebration on Oct .1! As Director of the OTI Sanitarium, I am sure "party favors" can be procured this momentous event to come.The Sanitarium is happily monitoring events on the Mainland where a possible hurricane is threatening the area with subsequent model mayhem wreaking havoc on the otherwise sedate Mainland Weather Board.I may have to open a wing in advance of the official Oct 1 OTI opening!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Director of Mental Health here and reporting for duty. The patients in the sanitarium are good but becoming restless as news of Irma begins to spread. No worries. I have a plan. I recently received a shipment of new "medications" from a friend in Bulgaria. My plan is to test these out on the patients and if things go well I will bring them to our Opening Bash on October 1st as "party favors"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:38 pm

I love this place. OTI: Where men are men and their being in the Coconut Lounge means they're too torn up to even finish that thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Irma has decimated the coconut population of the Caribbean. The Aresian is going to have to get very creative in creating his cocktails without as many coconuts at his disposal.

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:25 pm

We may be forced to switch to that cow currency.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:19 am

billg315 wrote:We may be forced to switch to that cow currency.

I'm not drinking alcohol out of a cow. I'd consider drinking it with a cow, hell that was most of my dating life, but never out of a cow.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:35 am

As of this morning Billg, it appears the worst of the strom has passed by us without any significant damage save for a little sand blown in a few areas on the streets.However, your idea has merit and will be discussed in Parliament as a possible solution in an OTI currency emergency.Since we do not print massive amounts of useless paper currency like the rest of the world's Central Banks, and grow our own, this possible threat to our currency system must and will be discussed and analyzed thoroughly.Parliament appreciated your feedback in this matter.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:38 am

TheAresian wrote:

I'm not drinking alcohol out of a cow. I'd consider drinking it with a cow, hell that was most of my dating life, but never out of a cow.

Very wise words of wisdom.Not much I can add to this except to say at 3 AM totally in the bag, EVERY woman looks good,LOL.Reminds me of a joint we would hit in the early 70's called the "Last Chance Saloon" where at 2 or 3 AM, drunk Cougars would lie in wait for hookups with guys in their 20's,LMAO.To be discussed at length at the Opening Day of OTI Celebration at the Coconut Lounge October 1st!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:23 pm

If worse comes to worse, we can always make the waitresses take off their coconut shell bikini tops and use those for drinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:51 am

syosnow94 wrote:Director of Mental Health here and reporting for duty.  The patients in the sanitarium are good but becoming restless as news of Irma begins to spread.  No worries. I have a plan.  I recently received a shipment of new "medications" from a friend in Bulgaria.  My plan is to test these out on the patients and if things go well I will bring them to our Opening Bash on October 1st as "party favors"

I wanted to give you a heads up Director of Mental Health, the Sanitarium is receiving many requests for treatment of "model mayhemitis" as per the pending Hurricane Irma.Be advised an early influx of patients will be arriving prior to our official Island opening of October 1st.That is all.....

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum