Off Topic Island - Phase II

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Re: Off Topic Island - Phase II

Post by TheAresian on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Classification: Top Secret and Above/Eyes Only

To the Parliament of OTI:

Gentlemen,

The situation on the mainland is dire as it relates to both short and long term precipitation prognostications. In addition to the strain this development has placed on the mental health of the members of this esteemed collective, we must also acknowledge that this is a potentially disastrous situation as the possibility of a massive influx fleeing the mainland could theoretically overwhelm our island. While I am confident that our governing body has plans in place for possibilities, I humbly suggest that we begin quietly preparing for any wide spread chaos that might arise as a result of such grim tidings. I will instruct the staff of the lounge to quietly ramp up storage of supplies. I am confident in the abilities of all members of this ruling body to fulfill their duties and that in doing so, we will survive what for the moment seems like impending doom. In addition, I humbly request that a declaration of disaster be drafted that we might be ready to implement any measures promptly. I stand at the ready.

Humbly,
Aresian
Director of the Coconut Lounge
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:45 pm

A PROCLAMATION
PARLIAMENTARY EMERGENCY PREPARATION DECLARATION
BULLETIN;ATTENTION ALL DIRECTORS OF OTI

The sudden and drastic negative developments concerning long range snow predictions have left large sections of the Mainland in state of panic and depression.Overwhelmingly large numbers of Mainlanders may be anticipated March 1 if this dire situation does not resolve in a more positive fashion.All Directors will be required to attend and emergency session of Parliament Wednesday February 14th in order to allocate resources and establish methodology to handle this potentially grave situation.Emergency supplies are being sent to the Coconut Lounge in advance.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of the Soon To Be Overwhelmed OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 pm

10-4 gentleman. What time will this emergency meeting commence?
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 am

Bill here on OTI a fews ago:

"It is an unacceptable crime to hope for it to be warm, or to pray for warmth, or to wish away snow and cold."

Emperor Frank on the mainland last Monday:

"Ahhh, nice and mild outside this week. If it's not going to snow when it is cold then I much prefer milder temps!"

Is the Emperor above the law?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 am

Math23x7 wrote:Bill here on OTI a fews ago:

"It is an unacceptable crime to hope for it to be warm, or to pray for warmth, or to wish away snow and cold."

Emperor Frank on the mainland last Monday:

"Ahhh, nice and mild outside this week. If it's not going to snow when it is cold then I much prefer milder temps!"

Is the Emperor above the law?

Math23x7:

The Emperor IS the law on OTI! We exist at the indulgence of the Emperor and agree 100% with any proclamation he makes, lest we are wiped out off the face of the digital universe with the mere click of a mouse!
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 am

So if I said the exact same thing he said above, would I face charges?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 am

Math23x7 wrote:So if I said the exact same thing he said above, would I face charges?

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incinerate me!
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Doc is right. Unlike a representative republic or democracy this island operates under the rule of an Emperor, and a benevolent one at that. He is all powerful and therefore, supra legem (above the law). This court does that which keeps Emperor Frank happy. I know what side my coconuts are buttered on.

Billg
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:03 pm

billg315 wrote:Doc is right. Unlike a representative republic or democracy this island operates under the rule of an Emperor, and a benevolent one at that. He is all powerful and therefore, supra legem (above the law).  This court does that which keeps Emperor Frank happy. I know what side my coconuts are buttered on.

Billg

So if the Emperor is fine with me wanting warm weather, will that override the rulings made from OTI Parliament?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Math23x7 wrote:
billg315 wrote:Doc is right. Unlike a representative republic or democracy this island operates under the rule of an Emperor, and a benevolent one at that. He is all powerful and therefore, supra legem (above the law).  This court does that which keeps Emperor Frank happy. I know what side my coconuts are buttered on.

Billg

So if the Emperor is fine with me wanting warm weather, will that override the rulings made from OTI Parliament?

Correct. The Emperor has full pardon power. Although remember you were found not guilty so that is moot.
billg315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Billg

Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor:

Where would we be on OTI without your legal expertise to guide us through these myriad complicated issues! Your steadfast loyalty and contribution to the welfare of OTI are recognized and highly appreciated.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:39 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE OTI SANITARIUM

A field trip is being organized to take a number of snow deprived Mainlanders currently being treated for Snow Deprivation Syndrome , to the Mainland in anticipation of the snow event currently forecast for Saturday evening.The Director of the Treasury and Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler CP is opening up his Mainland Estate and I myself, your Director of Parliament and OTI Sanitarium, will open my Mainland Estate , for these unfortunate snow deprived patients.Radar observations and snow measurements will be done all throughout the coming storm.We have taken this remedial step in light of the dismal long range forecasts of late to help the snow deprived through what may be a meager late February and March.Desperate times demand desperate measures!

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13