NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 13 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 13 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:06 pm

docstox12 wrote:A public service announcement from the OTI Sanitarium:

ATTENTION ALL MAINLAND WINTER LOVERS:::

The OTI Sanitarium is opening it's doors to all those affected by Slopophobia, the intense disliking of the sound of ice pellets being driven against one's windowpanes by high winds, seeing a front end snow cover obliterated by sleet and freezing rain,and the intense desire to throw one's computer monitor out the window when pink shades fill one's local radar.Videos of sleet storms will be shown so primal scream therapy can be used.Large rubber models of sleet pellets will be hung from the ceiling for those affected to bash repeatedly with baseball bats.Seminars directed by Dr. I.C.Pellet in the following subjects:

1-"Coping with slop storms in a non productive snowfall winter"
2-"Redirecting the urge to kick the dog or scream at the wife when snow changing to sleet and freezing rain forecasts appear"
3-"The use of headphones to drown out the sound of sleet against your windows"
4-"Self medication in the age of Sleet"

Please direct all inquiries for therapy to myself at the Sanitarium.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of OTI Sanitarium

lol! lol! I'm in.

Somethings gotta give, I think we're all near the breaking point. Today was just a hard smack upside the head,  and the ten day aint helping.

Director of the Treasury
GHEMR

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 13 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:27 am

I should be okay until the weekend. I was given a temporary reprieve from the onset as the sole person spared the latest outbreak, but I suspect it's only a matter of time before it gets me too. Between now and then, I think I'll pay a neighborly type visit to the Jones farmhouse and check on.... umm... things. Yeah, that's it, things.

Director of the Coconut Lounge
Aresian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:42 am

Classification: Top Secret and Above/Eyes Only

To the Parliament of OTI:

Gentlemen,

The situation on the mainland is dire as it relates to both short and long term precipitation prognostications. In addition to the strain this development has placed on the mental health of the members of this esteemed collective, we must also acknowledge that this is a potentially disastrous situation as the possibility of a massive influx fleeing the mainland could theoretically overwhelm our island. While I am confident that our governing body has plans in place for possibilities, I humbly suggest that we begin quietly preparing for any wide spread chaos that might arise as a result of such grim tidings. I will instruct the staff of the lounge to quietly ramp up storage of supplies. I am confident in the abilities of all members of this ruling body to fulfill their duties and that in doing so, we will survive what for the moment seems like impending doom. In addition, I humbly request that a declaration of disaster be drafted that we might be ready to implement any measures promptly. I stand at the ready.

Humbly,
Aresian
Director of the Coconut Lounge

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:45 pm

A PROCLAMATION
PARLIAMENTARY EMERGENCY PREPARATION DECLARATION
BULLETIN;ATTENTION ALL DIRECTORS OF OTI

The sudden and drastic negative developments concerning long range snow predictions have left large sections of the Mainland in state of panic and depression.Overwhelmingly large numbers of Mainlanders may be anticipated March 1 if this dire situation does not resolve in a more positive fashion.All Directors will be required to attend and emergency session of Parliament Wednesday February 14th in order to allocate resources and establish methodology to handle this potentially grave situation.Emergency supplies are being sent to the Coconut Lounge in advance.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
Director of the Soon To Be Overwhelmed OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 pm

10-4 gentleman. What time will this emergency meeting commence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am

Bill here on OTI a fews ago:

"It is an unacceptable crime to hope for it to be warm, or to pray for warmth, or to wish away snow and cold."

Emperor Frank on the mainland last Monday:

"Ahhh, nice and mild outside this week. If it's not going to snow when it is cold then I much prefer milder temps!"

Is the Emperor above the law?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:27 am

Math23x7 wrote:Bill here on OTI a fews ago:

"It is an unacceptable crime to hope for it to be warm, or to pray for warmth, or to wish away snow and cold."

Emperor Frank on the mainland last Monday:

"Ahhh, nice and mild outside this week. If it's not going to snow when it is cold then I much prefer milder temps!"

Is the Emperor above the law?

Math23x7:

The Emperor IS the law on OTI! We exist at the indulgence of the Emperor and agree 100% with any proclamation he makes, lest we are wiped out off the face of the digital universe with the mere click of a mouse!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:30 am

So if I said the exact same thing he said above, would I face charges?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 am

Math23x7 wrote:So if I said the exact same thing he said above, would I face charges?

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incinerate me!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Doc is right. Unlike a representative republic or democracy this island operates under the rule of an Emperor, and a benevolent one at that. He is all powerful and therefore, supra legem (above the law). This court does that which keeps Emperor Frank happy. I know what side my coconuts are buttered on.

Billg
Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:03 pm

billg315 wrote:Doc is right. Unlike a representative republic or democracy this island operates under the rule of an Emperor, and a benevolent one at that. He is all powerful and therefore, supra legem (above the law).  This court does that which keeps Emperor Frank happy. I know what side my coconuts are buttered on.

Billg

So if the Emperor is fine with me wanting warm weather, will that override the rulings made from OTI Parliament?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Math23x7 wrote:
billg315 wrote:Doc is right. Unlike a representative republic or democracy this island operates under the rule of an Emperor, and a benevolent one at that. He is all powerful and therefore, supra legem (above the law).  This court does that which keeps Emperor Frank happy. I know what side my coconuts are buttered on.

Billg

So if the Emperor is fine with me wanting warm weather, will that override the rulings made from OTI Parliament?

Correct. The Emperor has full pardon power. Although remember you were found not guilty so that is moot.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Billg

Chief Justice and Excellent Inquisitor:

Where would we be on OTI without your legal expertise to guide us through these myriad complicated issues! Your steadfast loyalty and contribution to the welfare of OTI are recognized and highly appreciated.

Docstox
Director of Parliament
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:39 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE OTI SANITARIUM

A field trip is being organized to take a number of snow deprived Mainlanders currently being treated for Snow Deprivation Syndrome , to the Mainland in anticipation of the snow event currently forecast for Saturday evening.The Director of the Treasury and Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler CP is opening up his Mainland Estate and I myself, your Director of Parliament and OTI Sanitarium, will open my Mainland Estate , for these unfortunate snow deprived patients.Radar observations and snow measurements will be done all throughout the coming storm.We have taken this remedial step in light of the dismal long range forecasts of late to help the snow deprived through what may be a meager late February and March.Desperate times demand desperate measures!

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:16 pm

A PROCLAMATION

OTI hereby declares this day, February 24, Anno Domani 2018 as "Return of SNOWMAN Day".Island wide celebrations organized by our capable Director of the Coconut Lounge, Aresian, will commence and last for as long as the Bannana Daquiris and Coconut Bourbons last!!

Docstox
Director of OTI Parliament
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 pm

docstox12 wrote:                                    A PROCLAMATION

OTI hereby declares this day, February 24, Anno Domani 2018 as "Return of SNOWMAN Day".Island wide celebrations organized by our capable Director of the Coconut Lounge, Aresian, will commence and last for as long as the Bannana Daquiris and Coconut Bourbons last!!

Docstox
Director of OTI Parliament

Now if you can't give that a thumbs up you're not human.

WELCOME BACK ORIGINAL FOUNDING FATHER. YOU HAVE BEEN SORELY MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury
GHEMR
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:36 pm

I gave it a “Like” as well. On the issue of Likes, I Liked the idea of Likes, and am happy we have Likes. I Like it a lot. But. I’m not sure if I Like the reputation counter as much as I Like the Likes. It seems to base your reputation on Likes received. But I stand on my reputation regardless of whether my posts are Liked. Sometimes I Like to post things that I know some people might not Like, but that need to be pointed out likewise. I suppose I’ll learn to Like the reputation thing. I don’t Like to be viewed as a malcontent. I prefer to be Liked.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm

I've brought on extra staff and taken the liberty of bringing up some of the best in the lounge in honor of the occasion. Unfortunately, to ensure that we had enough coconuts for the drinks, some of the staff has been forced to wear tropical drink umbrella pasties. As this is a family forum, I'll refrain from going into too much detail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:23 pm

In honor of our beloved SNOWMAN I have invited several of the islands most beautiful women to the sanitarium where we have spent several hours “experimenting “ with various pharmaceuticals and I can assure you the ladies are primed for our hero’s return. On to the festivities. I hear the Aresian has set up some ky wrestling and our very own SNOWMAN is going to participate as he takes on farmer Jones’s daughters 2v1. Video of the affair will be posted in the morning

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:44 am

billg315 wrote:I gave it a “Like” as well. On the issue of Likes, I Liked the idea of Likes, and am happy we have Likes. I Like it a lot. But. I’m not sure if I Like the reputation counter as much as I Like the Likes. It seems to base your reputation on Likes received. But I stand on my reputation regardless of whether my posts are Liked. Sometimes I Like to post things that I know some people might not Like, but that need to be pointed out likewise. I suppose I’ll learn to Like the reputation thing. I don’t Like to be viewed as a malcontent. I prefer to be Liked.

When I brought up the idea of a like button on this forum I wanted to acknowledge a post without having to write over the persons hard work or ideas and move their post into oblivion further up the thread. Kind of like what Mike always does to my posts in the stats thread, JK Mike.

In regards to the reputation counter I'm definitely a DISLIKE [X] on that. It's just to much pressure each day to try to catch up to Doc or stay ahead of Syos. This February has been rough enough without the added pressure of a reputation counter. I may crack under the pressure.

Enough of this SNOWMANS party awaits.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:29 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:I gave it a “Like” as well. On the issue of Likes, I Liked the idea of Likes, and am happy we have Likes. I Like it a lot. But. I’m not sure if I Like the reputation counter as much as I Like the Likes. It seems to base your reputation on Likes received. But I stand on my reputation regardless of whether my posts are Liked. Sometimes I Like to post things that I know some people might not Like, but that need to be pointed out likewise. I suppose I’ll learn to Like the reputation thing. I don’t Like to be viewed as a malcontent. I prefer to be Liked.

When I brought up the idea of a like button on this forum I wanted to acknowledge a post without having to write over the persons hard work or ideas and move their post into oblivion further up the thread. Kind of like what Mike always does to my posts in the stats thread, JK Mike.

In regards to the reputation counter I'm definitely a DISLIKE [X] on that. It's  just to much pressure each day to try to catch up to Doc or stay ahead of Syos. This February has been rough enough without the added pressure of a reputation counter. I may crack under the pressure.

Enough of this SNOWMANS party awaits.

As we all well know CP, Emperor Frank and his Praetorian Guard (moderators) are the masters of the Mainland.We do have , by his gracious blessing, some autonomy here on OTI and be assured that there is no possible way a reputation counter can exist on our Island as all of our reputations who administer our Island,are suspect or dubious, especially in the sanity department.After SNOWMANS party blast, you will see this in a different light, IF  you are still able to see for a few days after it.We here at OTI stand for peace, tranquility and the care of the snow deprived.There is a light at the end of the tunnel in the Mainland Long Range forecast and I do believe that an area wide snowstorm will work wonders albeit causing a big drop in Sanitarium revenue.No mas there though because we are on track to double revenues there as a result of the aforementioned February mild and rainy weather.KCACO!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:45 am

........well that was a loooooong night at the Cocunut Lounge. SNOWMAN was in rare form. Here’s the video I promised. Our beloved SNOWMAN appears at the 43 second mark to wrestle farmer Jones’s daughters. We’ve changed his name to Joe for the video and rather than a bad finger we made his injury a bad hip. All to protect his true identity. Enjoy.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:56 am

I'm not sure how much leeway our beloved Emperor Frank actually allows us, but it sure is fun watching Syo test just exactly where that line is. Also, a head count of the staff reveals that several of the extra girls brought on for the event have gone miss so if you find any of them please return them to the lounge.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:40 pm

syosnow94 wrote:........well that was a loooooong night at the Cocunut Lounge.  SNOWMAN was in rare form. Here’s the video I promised. Our beloved SNOWMAN appears at the 43 second mark to wrestle farmer Jones’s daughters.  We’ve changed his name to Joe for the video and rather than a bad finger we made his injury a bad hip.  All to protect his true identity.  Enjoy.......

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Thank you all for the GREAT party !!! Syo you are shot out of a cannon ! But you gave me a good belly laugh with that clip. I'm going to try and get back to my duties as Chief Security Officer of our wonderful paradise called OTI as best I can. I know for the last few months I haven't been keeping up with things and I appreciate your caring and concern.
I know if for some reason we don't get at least one more decent snow event this season. There's going to be a massive influx of snow deprived Mainlanders coming to get Syo's snow deprivation treatments. Doc I hope we are prepared for the worst. YIKE'S !
I may have to hire some extra Deputies to help me screen our guests. I'll have to speak with CP our treasurer to see if we have the funds to do so. Well if off to patrol the island.

SNOWMAN
Chief Security Officer for our beloved OTI.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:47 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:Thank you all for the GREAT party !!! Syo you are shot out of a cannon ! But you gave me a good belly laugh with that clip. I'm going to try and get back to my duties as Chief Security Officer of our wonderful paradise called OTI as best I can. I know for the last few months I haven't been keeping up with things and I appreciate your caring and concern.
 I know if for some reason we don't get at least one more decent snow event this season. There's going to be a massive influx of snow deprived Mainlanders coming to get Syo's snow deprivation treatments. Doc I hope we are prepared for the worst. YIKE'S !
 I may have to hire some extra Deputies to help me screen our guests. I'll have to speak with CP our treasurer to see if we have the funds to do so. Well if off to patrol the island.

SNOWMAN
Chief Security Officer for our beloved OTI.

Ahhhhh, can there be a finer day,our beloved SNOWMAN back on duty, even with a bum finger( hope its not the one you flip the bird with) , all of us still hung over from the party and a possibility of Mainland snow on our N and W Estates!!!!
LOL, all those fine mud wrestling ladies had to do was look at you Brother , and that was it,LOL.

CP will rubber stamp any financial needs for OTI Security my good Man, with Parliamentary approval.Let's hope this possible storm gives ALL the Mainlanders a significant snowstorm.Our OTI Sanitarium Staff is weary from doing double shifts this God awful February!

You know your are home in OTI SNOWMAN, when you pick right up no matter how much time went by!!!! The Island was not the same without you!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Fellas while I can appreciate this clip as much as the next guy we have to remember that there are women and some youngsters who are members. I received a few PM’s from some members who were slightly offended by the post. I know the worst of it was blacked out, but we have to remember this is a public forum and we have to respect everyone. Thank you for understanding.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum