Long Range Thread 14.0

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by rb924119 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:50 pm

TheAresian wrote:Thoughts on the 12z Euro?

Just starting now. I hate this time change -_-

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 3201
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 25
Location : Greentown, Pa/Fishkill, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by TheAresian on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:53 pm

TT already has the run through hr 192.

500 mb Sat 12z



500 mb Sun 12z

avatar
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 498
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : Painted Post NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by rb924119 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Yeah apparently it's done.....? That's weird lol But, it looked ok for this stage of the game. Very similar to the GFS and CMC, and I like where we are in general. We have agreement  that a low will be cutting across the southern US. What we want to start seeing now is the trailing ridge start to trend stronger than the preceding one, as that will help drive the baroclinic zone further south and get the cold air here. Secondly, I'd like to see the 50/50 low trend a little further south-southwest to lock the confluence in over New England, and completely prevent this from cutting. Very doable at this range, and I like where we sit.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 3201
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 25
Location : Greentown, Pa/Fishkill, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by syosnow94 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Horrible looking maps if you want snow. It actually is showing the opposite of the kind of western ridge we would want. Real ugly look. I'm still trying to shovel off my snow from last nights IVT. Mad Mad
avatar
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 2211
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 45
Location : OTI DIRECTOR OF MENTAL HEALTH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by rb924119 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:13 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Horrible looking maps if you want snow.  It actually is showing the opposite of the kind of western ridge we would want.  Real ugly look.  I'm still trying to shovel off my snow from last nights IVT.  Mad Mad

It's not nearly as ugly as you think, Syo. Remember the snow event we had back in January? Well, it's almost the same exact pattern lol We had what was supposed to be that mega-death ridge that turned out to provide the proper blocking for a wave that cut beneath it, and it's the same thing here.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 3201
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 25
Location : Greentown, Pa/Fishkill, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by amugs on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:21 pm

rb924119 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Horrible looking maps if you want snow.  It actually is showing the opposite of the kind of western ridge we would want.  Real ugly look.  I'm still trying to shovel off my snow from last nights IVT.  Mad Mad

It's not nearly as ugly as you think, Syo. Remember the snow event we had back in January? Well, it's almost the same exact pattern lol We had what was supposed to be that mega-death ridge that turned out to provide the proper blocking for a wave that cut beneath it, and it's the same thing here.
The wave will cut underneath with the shorterring  of the wave lengths to a degree. It is a similar set up that needs to be watched. If it was Dec yes a negative look but fir March this is something we can EASILY work with.CMC gives a euroish end game storm. Sunday into Monday. Ti me the 50/50 low is key here.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
avatar
amugs
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 8086
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 47
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by Snow88 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:23 am

I'm still tracking next week's storm

GFS gives SNE northward a nice snowfall
avatar
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 1678
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 28
Location : Brooklyn, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:29 am

Snow88 wrote:I'm still tracking next week's storm

GFS gives SNE northward a nice snowfall

Bring it home Snow. I haven't given up on this one yet either.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by TheAresian on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:10 am

It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.
avatar
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 498
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : Painted Post NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:19 am

TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by mikeypizano on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:31 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.

If I see anther inch let alone 10" I will scream loud enough to wake the dead on Pluto...
avatar
mikeypizano

Posts : 267
Join date : 2017-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by TheAresian on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:34 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.

The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches this time of year would be melted in 2 days.
avatar
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 498
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : Painted Post NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:38 am

TheAresian wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.

The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches  this time of year would be melted in 2 days.  

Hmmm, this comment is actually grounds for a treason indictment on OTI. There's been so much litigation lately I'll let this one pass, but be careful SNOWMAN is watching.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by syosnow94 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:50 am

TheAresian wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.

The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches  this time of year would be melted in 2 days.  

CP feeling merciful today. I was banned a week for much less. Shocked Shocked
avatar
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 2211
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 45
Location : OTI DIRECTOR OF MENTAL HEALTH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by Grselig on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 am

syosnow94 wrote:
TheAresian wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.

The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches  this time of year would be melted in 2 days.  

CP feeling merciful today.  I was banned a week for much less. Shocked Shocked

This spring time talk is getting annoying. Yes I love 105 degree summers with thunder and lightning, but my heart always lies with winter. 3 inches of snow in July would be amazing. It's still cold enough for snow. The maps show potential. Let's bring it home!!
avatar
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 604
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 47
Location : Wayne NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by RJB8525 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:03 am

Wednesday-29*
Saturday-65*

all low 40's after

Question Question Question Question Question
avatar
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Hackettstown, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by mikeypizano on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Grselig wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
TheAresian wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.

The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches  this time of year would be melted in 2 days.  

CP feeling merciful today.  I was banned a week for much less. Shocked Shocked

This spring time talk is getting annoying.   Yes I love 105 degree summers with thunder and lightning, but my heart always lies with winter.    3 inches of snow  in July would be amazing.    It's still cold enough for snow.  The maps show potential.    Let's bring it home!!

Move to Alaska then... :p
avatar
mikeypizano

Posts : 267
Join date : 2017-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:08 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
TheAresian wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
TheAresian wrote:It's late enough in the season that I'm being all or nothing. So either this storm can drop a foot of snow or it can move along.

This comment may be misconstrued by those with filthy minds, but like you would really turn down 10 inches, let's get serious.

The 6z has me slated for around 3 inches. If the choice is between 3 or even 6 inches and nothing, I'll take the nothing. 6 inches  this time of year would be melted in 2 days.  

CP feeling merciful today.  I was banned a week for much less. Shocked Shocked

This spring time talk is getting annoying.   Yes I love 105 degree summers with thunder and lightning, but my heart always lies with winter.    3 inches of snow  in July would be amazing.    It's still cold enough for snow.  The maps show potential.    Let's bring it home!!

Move to Alaska then... :p

I agree with grselig, one of my fondest memories was the May 10 1977 snow storm we had in the HV, even a trace in NYC that day. It was so weird to see several inches of snow with the trees in full bloom. I would even find it more fascinating during a fourth of July fireworks display.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 4789
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 55
Location : OTI - Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by mikeypizano on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:13 pm

You can have all the snow you want, but keep it up there! The sooner I am mowing the better for me. Snow can come Dec 1 to February 28, then it needs to melt! I love snow but I am losing out on a lot of money every day the grass isn't getting green again.

I know come June, July, August time, it will be HOT AND DRY and I get screwed yet again... So I need to make as much money as I can BEFORE the grass burns out...
avatar
mikeypizano

Posts : 267
Join date : 2017-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by RJB8525 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:30 pm

mikeypizano wrote:You can have all the snow you want, but keep it up there! The sooner I am mowing the better for me. Snow can come Dec 1 to February 28, then it needs to melt! I love snow but I am losing out on a lot of money every day the grass isn't getting green again.

I know come June, July, August time, it will be HOT AND DRY and I get screwed yet again... So I need to make as much money as I can BEFORE the grass burns out...

they'll be out before you know it at this point
avatar
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1620
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Hackettstown, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by Grselig on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 pm

And there is nothing worse than spending a Saturday afternoon carefully cutting my lawn in 95 degree weather only for the satisfaction of it looking nice, fighting the brown spots and spending money on water to keep it green!! At least you get paid Mikey!! (although for your sake, I hope you make lots of money.) Or when its drought time, watching my efforts burn to brown. I'd rather just shovel the pure cold white stuff
avatar
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 604
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 47
Location : Wayne NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by TheAresian on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:46 pm

The 12z GFS Op seems to have taken a turn for the worse. The CMC doesn't look much better. If anybody has a Miraculous Huge Winter Storm dance, now is the time to break it out.
avatar
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 498
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : Painted Post NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by syosnow94 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:52 pm

mikeypizano wrote:You can have all the snow you want, but keep it up there! The sooner I am mowing the better for me. Snow can come Dec 1 to February 28, then it needs to melt! I love snow but I am losing out on a lot of money every day the grass isn't getting green again.

I know come June, July, August time, it will be HOT AND DRY and I get screwed yet again... So I need to make as much money as I can BEFORE the grass burns out...

someone should start a landscaping thread for Mikeyp
avatar
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 2211
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 45
Location : OTI DIRECTOR OF MENTAL HEALTH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by docstox12 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Grselig wrote:And there is nothing worse than spending a Saturday afternoon carefully cutting my lawn in 95 degree weather only for the satisfaction of it looking nice, fighting the brown spots and spending money on water to keep it green!!  At least you get paid Mikey!!  (although for your sake, I hope you make  lots of money.)  Or when its drought time, watching my efforts burn to brown.    I'd rather just shovel the pure cold white stuff

Grselig, I did all of that 35 years in my old home in Mahwah NJ.Now,in a newer house in Monroe NY, I have 1 acre, sprinkler system, a lawn service and a great guy like Mikey P to do my cutting.I sit outside having a cigar and a glass of wine watching him cut,LOL.At age 66, I'm done with that lawn stuff,LOL.My social security pays for this stuff.

To jimmy's point, a landscaping thread would be cool.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 66
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by mikeypizano on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Agree with the need for a landscaping thread! I shall make one! Wink
avatar
mikeypizano

Posts : 267
Join date : 2017-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Long Range Thread 14.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum