March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by track17 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:55 pm

What did the 18z euro say

track17

Posts : 267
Join date : 2016-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by jmanley32 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Quietace wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Quietace wrote:I think the NWS offices are doing a decent job with this. Also agree with Holly not going to Blizzard warnings and keeping watches up for the coast as the uncertainty is still high given the variability of p-type with surface low track.
hey ace I was go ask earlier I haven't seen u like all wk how could u.not b here for this! I agree with u guys stop the banter here it fills up the thread with waste of time reading. And honestly track I fo not think u will do as bad as u think.
My schedule is rather filled from 5am to about 10pm daily. I always glance at the forum in the AM but have some extra time tonight and thus I am here.
cool about the blizzard watches it has nothing do with totals as u all have taught me. We clearly are go have high winds for more than 3 hrs so what's their hesitation? U know they will upgrade.
avatar
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 13049
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 36
Location : Yonkers, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by skinsfan1177 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:57 pm

All is I know I'm not worried here in northern ocean county. I remember boxing day blizzard being close to coast not a long coast bit 75 miles off coast and we got clobbered 3ft. Dynamics will do wonders
avatar
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 3632
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by WeatherBob on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:57 pm

track17 - Euro runs are only 12z and 00z

WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 238
Join date : 2013-12-13
Location : Caldwell, NJ - NW Essex County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by Quietace on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:59 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
Quietace wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Quietace wrote:I think the NWS offices are doing a decent job with this. Also agree with Holly not going to Blizzard warnings and keeping watches up for the coast as the uncertainty is still high given the variability of p-type with surface low track.
hey ace I was go ask earlier I haven't seen u like all wk how could u.not b here for this! I agree with u guys stop the banter here it fills up the thread with waste of time reading. And honestly track I fo not think u will do as bad as u think.
My schedule is rather filled from 5am to about 10pm daily. I always glance at the forum in the AM but have some extra time tonight and thus I am here.
cool about the blizzard watches it has nothing do with totals as u all have taught me. We clearly are go have high winds for more than 3 hrs so what's their hesitation? U know they will upgrade.
The hesitation is ptype. Will the jersey shore have 3 hours straight of criteria if the maximum winds come as the surface low is at latitude and the associated warm nose? This si the same question for long island, and thus it comes down to preferred track.Do they eventually pull the trigger, I think for the Iland yes, not sure about the JS as I am torn between this thought process.

_________________
Ryan
avatar
Quietace
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3328
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Point Pleasant NJ, Plymouth NH

View user profile http://vortex.plymouth.edu/mapwall/

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by track17 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Oh man guess I am not sleeping tonight either got 30 min last night no way I can sleep now lol

track17

Posts : 267
Join date : 2016-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by weatherwatchermom on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:00 pm

skinsfan1177 wrote:All is I know I'm not worried here in northern ocean county. I remember boxing day blizzard being close to coast not a long coast bit 75 miles off coast and we got clobbered 3ft. Dynamics will do wonders

yep..we had the day after christmas party at our house and it turned out to be a sleep over for several days...that was a crazy and fun couple of days!!
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1458
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 53
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by larryrock72 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Skins,
The winds at my concern with us being so close to the coast....Power outages....No power+cold means for a night.

larryrock72

Posts : 31
Join date : 2017-01-03
Age : 45
Location : Barnegat, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by larryrock72 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:00 pm

long night

larryrock72

Posts : 31
Join date : 2017-01-03
Age : 45
Location : Barnegat, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by jmanley32 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Quietace wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Quietace wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
Quietace wrote:I think the NWS offices are doing a decent job with this. Also agree with Holly not going to Blizzard warnings and keeping watches up for the coast as the uncertainty is still high given the variability of p-type with surface low track.
hey ace I was go ask earlier I haven't seen u like all wk how could u.not b here for this! I agree with u guys stop the banter here it fills up the thread with waste of time reading. And honestly track I fo not think u will do as bad as u think.
My schedule is rather filled from 5am to about 10pm daily. I always glance at the forum in the AM but have some extra time tonight and thus I am here.
cool about the blizzard watches it has nothing do with totals as u all have taught me. We clearly are go have high winds for more than 3 hrs so what's their hesitation? U know they will upgrade.
The hesitation is ptype. Will the jersey shore have 3 hours straight of criteria if the maximum winds come as the surface low is at latitude and the associated warm nose? This si the same question for long island, and thus it comes down to preferred track.Do they eventually pull the trigger, I think for the Iland yes, not sure about the JS as I am torn between this thought process.  
teally it was a imby question lol. Yeah I'm inland just enough in the watch to keep it. Then I'd imagine if ptype is rain they wpuld still put up wind bullion for those areas but I get it ya it's not a blizzard if it's rain
avatar
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 13049
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 36
Location : Yonkers, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by Quietace on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:02 pm

skinsfan1177 wrote:All is I know I'm not worried here in northern ocean county. I remember boxing day blizzard being close to coast not a long coast bit 75 miles off coast and we got clobbered 3ft. Dynamics will do wonders

It was not very close to the coast.

_________________
Ryan
avatar
Quietace
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3328
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Point Pleasant NJ, Plymouth NH

View user profile http://vortex.plymouth.edu/mapwall/

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by Math23x7 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Ryan, what is the forecast where you are in NH?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1678
Join date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by WeatherBob on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Frank, its 8 PM, we are waiting patiently Very Happy

WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 238
Join date : 2013-12-13
Location : Caldwell, NJ - NW Essex County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by skinsfan1177 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:05 pm

I know that my point was it wasn't far off either. And got the big snows. Not a coastal hugger but inside the BM. I'm seeing people worried with a off shore track
avatar
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 3632
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by weatherwatchermom on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:05 pm

WeatherBob wrote:Frank, its 8 PM, we are waiting patiently Very Happy  

the master is working!! What a Face What a Face
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1458
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 53
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by Quietace on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Math23x7 wrote:Ryan, what is the forecast where you are in NH?
The going discussion is 18-20". Depends on total QPF. Im leaning toward 1.5" QPF with a SFR 12-13:1+

_________________
Ryan
avatar
Quietace
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3328
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Point Pleasant NJ, Plymouth NH

View user profile http://vortex.plymouth.edu/mapwall/

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by mikeypizano on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:06 pm

WeatherBob wrote:Frank, its 8 PM, we are waiting patiently Very Happy  

I got 8:05...
avatar
mikeypizano

Posts : 298
Join date : 2017-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by track17 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Skins do you honestly think we got a chance of something big. I trust you more then anyone else on here

track17

Posts : 267
Join date : 2016-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by larryrock72 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Quietace wrote:
skinsfan1177 wrote:All is I know I'm not worried here in northern ocean county. I remember boxing day blizzard being close to coast not a long coast bit 75 miles off coast and we got clobbered 3ft. Dynamics will do wonders

It was not very close to the coast.


That's boxing day blizzard storm was suppose to have a rain/snow/mix....All snow..... That was a beast of a storm...

larryrock72

Posts : 31
Join date : 2017-01-03
Age : 45
Location : Barnegat, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by Quietace on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:08 pm

skinsfan1177 wrote:I know that my point was it wasn't far off either. And got the big snows. Not a coastal hugger but inside the BM. I'm seeing people worried with a off shore track
Of course, though I am leaning away from a offshore track.

_________________
Ryan
avatar
Quietace
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3328
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Point Pleasant NJ, Plymouth NH

View user profile http://vortex.plymouth.edu/mapwall/

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by skinsfan1177 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Quietace wrote:
skinsfan1177 wrote:I know that my point was it wasn't far off either. And got the big snows. Not a coastal hugger but inside the BM. I'm seeing people worried with a off shore track
Of course, though I am leaning away from a offshore track.

So ace you thinking of a coastal hugger
avatar
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 3632
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by skinsfan1177 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:10 pm

track17 wrote:Skins do you honestly think we got a chance of something big. I trust you more then anyone else on here

I do like where we are atm tonight's runs are crucial and tommorrows
avatar
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist
Senior Enthusiast & Loyalist

Posts : 3632
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by track17 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Awesome thank you

track17

Posts : 267
Join date : 2016-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by Frank_Wx on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:12 pm

15-20 more minutes. Maps are done. Now I need to write something.

_________________
Snow Accumulation Archive - Cranford, NJ
2013-2014: 62.1"
2014-2015: 56.0"
2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
avatar
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 16993
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 25
Location : Cranford, NJ

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by snowlover78 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:12 pm

I just watched the weather channel and they are calling Phily  and area for 14-18 inches all the up to NY city.

snowlover78

Posts : 40
Join date : 2016-01-20
Location : Plumstead, Ocean County, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 14th Godzilla Discussion Part 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum