NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracking Hurricane Irma: Part 2

+48
Dtone
lglickman1
Vinnydula
pdubz
EnyapWeather
emokid51783
Joe Snow
Dunnzoo
mwilli5783
hyde345
rb924119
gigs68
WeatherBob
bloc1357
Artechmetals
leimatt95
GreyBeard
CyphaPSU
SENJsnowman
bobjohnsonforthehall
HectorO
Nyi1058
jake732
CPcantmeasuresnow
Grselig
dkodgis
Sanchize06
Snow88
jwalsh
Angela0621
SoulSingMG
frank 638
Disneyprincess1592
Math23x7
skinsfan1177
algae888
billg315
amugs
aiannone
RJB8525
sroc4
sabamfa
nutleyblizzard
essexcountypete
weatherwatchermom
mikeypizano
jmanley32
Frank_Wx
52 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Tracking Hurricane Irma: Part 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Tracking Hurricane Irma: Part 2

Post by rb924119 Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Thank you all for the recognition, everybody; I really do appreciate it. However, there was a lot of luck involved and it wasn't perfect. That said, everybody on here deserves equal credit for the great expanse of knowledge and perspective leading fantastic discussions throughout the lifespan of this system. If we didn't have that, nobody would learn anything, or be able to see things beyond their own mind; not to mention have an idea of the vast potential of tracks and severity of this system, and others like it. Much credit should go to Frank for holding a public, personal Q and A session for everybody so that they could inform friends and family accordingly. That's what matters most - safety.

I also want to apologize for my large absence during the last few days. I was kept very busy at/with work, as my company is directly involved with the weather, so with the very active Atlantic Basin there hasn't been much time to do anything but sleep, eat, and work. In hindsight, though, it was probably better that way given the Q and A session. Having one less voice commenting probably allowed things to be that much more organized and clear for people to read through and get the information they needed quickly. Besides, all of the other resident posters on here kept the conversation and analysis going just fine Smile A great job to everybody on this board with this system!! Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery for all areas impacted so far this tropical season, and now for me, it's onto the next system with a lot more sleep-deprived nights!!!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Tracking Hurricane Irma: Part 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Tracking Hurricane Irma: Part 2

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:Thankfully it looks like the eye will be east of my brother! It has moved slightly inland, just enough to keep in on the better side. cheers

thank goodness!!!

weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:14 pm

rb924119 wrote:Thank you all for the recognition, everybody; I really do appreciate it. However, there was a lot of luck involved and it wasn't perfect. That said, everybody on here deserves equal credit for the great expanse of knowledge and perspective leading fantastic discussions throughout the lifespan of this system. If we didn't have that, nobody would learn anything, or be able to see things beyond their own mind; not to mention have an idea of the vast potential of tracks and severity of this system, and others like it. Much credit should go to Frank for holding a public, personal Q and A session for everybody so that they could inform friends and family accordingly. That's what matters most - safety.

I also want to apologize for my large absence during the last few days. I was kept very busy at/with work, as my company is directly involved with the weather, so with the very active Atlantic Basin there hasn't been much time to do anything but sleep, eat, and work. In hindsight, though, it was probably better that way given the Q and A session. Having one less voice commenting probably allowed things to be that much more organized and clear for people to read through and get the information they needed quickly. Besides, all of the other resident posters on here kept the conversation and analysis going just fine Smile A great job to everybody on this board with this system!! Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery for all areas impacted so far this tropical season, and now for me, it's onto the next system with a lot more sleep-deprived nights!!!

Great Job RB!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by deblanka Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:34 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-11/-150-billion-misfire-how-forecasters-got-irma-damage-so-wrong

deblanka

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:18 pm

This is a very very cool high res loop of the planet starting from last Wed and running through Monday, from GOES-16 I believe. I've been watching it for more than 30 minutes.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09/12/us/hurricane-irma-satellite-images.html
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum