Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by rb924119 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 pm

sroc4 wrote:This board?  What the hell kind of comment is that Hector?What are you even talking about?  What people? In any ENSO state you will find situations where the state of the ENSO helps and hurts esp in extremes. It’s always the sum of all the moving parts. This board is where you find next to none of the BS you just posted. Take BS comments like this to another forum; Stir the pot somewhere else.

I can see his point, Scott, as I often find myself coming across people (not necessarily on this board, but in general) who are split on which, if either, or even both, is/are good/bad in a broadbrushed sense. Personally, I don't really have an opinion on it because I feel that both can be equally good and bad depending on their magnitude, characteristics, and what other factors are involved. It's a murky topic, and I have definitely seen the meteorological community split with respect to its opinion. I cannot speak for him, but I think this is more the direction he was headed with that comment, and not really trying to troll to talk smack on the board or it's members. But that's just me.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 4520
Reputation : 150
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 26
Location : Greentown, Pa/Fishkill, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Math23x7 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 pm

I have mentioned that I view President's Day (which is February 19th this year) as the time when the pattern becomes more favorable for snow. The basis for this is the shifting MJO and teleconnections, which currently look poised to enter the phases we would like them to be. If they come to fruition, I could see a backloaded winter in our midst. In fact, given the pattern, I have a feeling that around Saturday, February 24th, we will have a widespread 6"+ snowfall in the area. Of course, if these features don't come into place, then winter is in trouble.

Fingers crossed the key features come together.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2115
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by dkodgis on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:47 pm

I hope the NW and all interested parties get-together thing gains traction. I could use a nght out I would like to meet you all. I never do seem to make it to the annual get-togethers. Of course the evening would not be complete without raucous behavior, preferably AFTER CP’s dramatic reading. This has a great time written all over it.
avatar
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 586
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2013-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Dunnzoo on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 am

dkodgis wrote:I hope the NW and all interested parties get-together thing gains traction. I could use a nght out   I would like to meet you all. I never do seem to make it to the annual get-togethers. Of course the evening would not be complete without raucous behavior, preferably AFTER CP’s dramatic reading. This has a great time written all over it.

See the general banter thread

_________________
Janet


Snowfall winter of 2017-2018       50.15"

Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 3656
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 56
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by sroc4 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:38 am

rb924119 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:This board?  What the hell kind of comment is that Hector?What are you even talking about?  What people? In any ENSO state you will find situations where the state of the ENSO helps and hurts esp in extremes. It’s always the sum of all the moving parts. This board is where you find next to none of the BS you just posted. Take BS comments like this to another forum; Stir the pot somewhere else.

I can see his point, Scott, as I often find myself coming across people (not necessarily on this board, but in general) who are split on which, if either, or even both, is/are good/bad in a broadbrushed sense. Personally, I don't really have an opinion on it because I feel that both can be equally good and bad depending on their magnitude, characteristics, and what other factors are involved. It's a murky topic, and I have definitely seen the meteorological community split with respect to its opinion. I cannot speak for him, but I think this is more the direction he was headed with that comment, and not really trying to troll to talk smack on the board or it's members. But that's just me.

Maybe I knee jerked but I’m still not sure. He’s on other forums. Historically he has chimed in at seemingly opportune times when tensions are up when patterns aren’t great. Passive aggressive comes to mind. The understanding of how a La Niña vs El Niño can both hurt and help in any given season when you look at what else is going on. vs the strength of the ENSO is always a topic of discussion every year. Every board has the back and forth. I didn’t like the “this board” thing.

_________________
"Go hug a human, not a weather model"
“Optimism is great, but cautious optimism is more realistic”
WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20"
WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25"
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85"
Dec 09th 2.75" (prev year's first snowfall Dec 11th coating)
Dec 14th 2.5"
Dec 15th 2.8"
Dec 30th 2.0"
Jan 4th 12"
Jan 29th-30th* 7.8"
March 7th-8th 9.2"
March 12th-13th 6"
March 20th-22nd 11.8"
April 2nd 6"
avatar
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 5682
Reputation : 169
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:35 am

For anyone that complains about periods of no large storms here Des Moines Iowa just broke a streak that was over 2 years long with no snowfall over 3 inches.

As I've stated many times the Midwest is a very boring spot, with certain exceptions near the lakes, for large snowfalls. Many seem to think the opposite but unless you've lived there you don't know. Snow Weenies are like many people they always seem to think it's better somewhere else.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5801
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by syosnow94 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:For anyone that complains about periods of no large  storms here Des Moines Iowa just broke a streak that was over 2 years long with no snowfall over 3 inches.

As I've stated many times the Midwest is a  very boring spot, with certain exceptions near the lakes, for large snowfalls. Many seem to think the opposite but unless you've lived there you don't know. Snow Weenies are like many people they always seem to think it's better somewhere else.

Well for the next week it’ll be better somewhere else for me. I’ll trade you locations! You in?
avatar
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 3573
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 46
Location : OTI DIRECTOR OF MENTAL HEALTH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by HectorO on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:42 pm

sroc4 wrote:This board?  What the hell kind of comment is that Hector?What are you even talking about?  What people? In any ENSO state you will find situations where the state of the ENSO helps and hurts esp in extremes. It’s always the sum of all the moving parts. This board is where you find next to none of the BS you just posted. Take BS comments like this to another forum; Stir the pot somewhere else.

"What the hell kind of comment is that?" I have no clue why in the hell your panties are in such a bunch, twist, knot, or whatever the hell you want to say it. Maybe others on this board tend to take the "high road" when spoken to like this, but I sure don't. What I stated was, I remember seeing, waaaay back in other years, saying they couldn't wait to get "blow torch" el nino's  done with and switch back to a Nina, to only see others say Nina isn't so good either. Others have explained it better as to why people go back and forth and not so eloquently as you put it. Take your trash attitude and PMS'ing somewhere else, to another board. If this gets me banned for a little, so be it. I mentioned "this board" because "this board" is the one I'm in and I saw it back in the ABC days too.


Last edited by HectorO on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 725
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by HectorO on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:48 pm

rb924119 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:This board?  What the hell kind of comment is that Hector?What are you even talking about?  What people? In any ENSO state you will find situations where the state of the ENSO helps and hurts esp in extremes. It’s always the sum of all the moving parts. This board is where you find next to none of the BS you just posted. Take BS comments like this to another forum; Stir the pot somewhere else.

I can see his point, Scott, as I often find myself coming across people (not necessarily on this board, but in general) who are split on which, if either, or even both, is/are good/bad in a broadbrushed sense. Personally, I don't really have an opinion on it because I feel that both can be equally good and bad depending on their magnitude, characteristics, and what other factors are involved. It's a murky topic, and I have definitely seen the meteorological community split with respect to its opinion. I cannot speak for him, but I think this is more the direction he was headed with that comment, and not really trying to troll to talk smack on the board or it's members. But that's just me.

Well put, thanks for not jumping to assumptions. That's exactly where I was going. Good to know that it's just not myself but the meteorological community that goes, either way, depending on other meteorological events.
avatar
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 725
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by sroc4 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:27 pm

HectorO wrote:
sroc4 wrote:This board?  What the hell kind of comment is that Hector?What are you even talking about?  What people? In any ENSO state you will find situations where the state of the ENSO helps and hurts esp in extremes. It’s always the sum of all the moving parts. This board is where you find next to none of the BS you just posted. Take BS comments like this to another forum; Stir the pot somewhere else.

"What the hell kind of comment is that?" I have no clue why in the hell your panties are in such a bunch, twist, knot, or whatever the hell you want to say it. Maybe others on this board tend to take the "high road" when spoken to like this, but I sure don't. What I stated was, I remember seeing, waaaay back in other years, saying they couldn't wait to get "blow torch" el nino's  done with and switch back to a Nina, to only see others say Nina isn't so good either. Others have explained it better as to why people go back and forth and not so eloquently as you put it. Take your trash attitude and PMS'ing somewhere else, to another board. If this gets me banned for a little, so be it. I mentioned "this board" because "this board" is the one I'm in and I saw it back in the ABC days too.

You wont get banned for this. Like I said I may have knee jerked a little. For that I apologize. I know your a member on AWE, or at least you were I'm not on that much anymore. Once the bickering starts back and forth during crappy patterns it becomes a mess to shut down. Sites like AWE get way out of hand sometimes. As an administrator on this board I take pride in the fact that we don't tolerate the childish nonsense that goes on in some of the other sites. For that reason I was a bit quick to jump the gun with your comments. I do have to admit you specifically haven't been a fire starter so again I apologize.

_________________
"Go hug a human, not a weather model"
“Optimism is great, but cautious optimism is more realistic”
WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20"
WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25"
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85"
Dec 09th 2.75" (prev year's first snowfall Dec 11th coating)
Dec 14th 2.5"
Dec 15th 2.8"
Dec 30th 2.0"
Jan 4th 12"
Jan 29th-30th* 7.8"
March 7th-8th 9.2"
March 12th-13th 6"
March 20th-22nd 11.8"
April 2nd 6"
avatar
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 5682
Reputation : 169
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Dunnzoo on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 pm

I would hate to be a school superintendent for NNJ for this one, unless you are in Sussex County, where some schools have already closed for tomorrow.

_________________
Janet


Snowfall winter of 2017-2018       50.15"

Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 3656
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 56
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by amugs on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:I would hate to be a school superintendent for NNJ for this one, unless you are in Sussex County, where some schools have already closed for tomorrow.

True to a degree. Morris County not a tough call either with snow and ice as well. Bergen County region here zoo is tough as is Rockland but Rockland will most likely call it IF the forecast holds. And what is a day - I can see if we had 2-3 days by now but we have one with 2 to go.
Just my experience. Northern Passaic County no brainer as well.
The calls for the rest will be in the morning. Hoping for the best but low expectations. No way can we a delayed - that would be absurd to go in at 9:30 when it will be coming down.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
avatar
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 9519
Reputation : 106
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 48
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Math23x7 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:48 am

What I could see happen with this event: The snow happens after 7 AM, when there is no snow on the ground. It snows steadily for several hours in NYC, then the rain washes away all the snow by 1 PM, when the NWS snow measurements are in, after which the consevancy will measure 0" of snow, which we be the "official" snow total for NYC. I would go to CPK for this but unfortunately, I'll be at work in Midtown.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2115
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by rb924119 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 am

Math23x7 wrote:What I could see happen with this event:  The snow happens after 7 AM, when there is no snow on the ground.  It snows steadily for several hours in NYC, then the rain washes away all the snow by 1 PM, when the NWS snow measurements are in, after which the consevancy will measure 0" of snow, which we be the "official" snow total for NYC.  I would go to CPK for this but unfortunately, I'll be at work in Midtown.

OH GOD I FREAKIN' HOPE NOT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CP WOULD GO POSTAL!!!!! LMFAOOOO "Breaking news this evening out of Central Park, as what appears to have been a crazed and fanatical weather hobbyist has allegedly acted upon a longstanding personal vendetta against the Central Park Conservancy for what he has claimed to be "the improper measurement of precipitation, mainly during the winter months and related to snowfall". Officials say a man known best by his online screen name CPCantmeasuresnow arrived on the scene at approximately 2:15 PM and asked for the personnel involved in precipitation measurement. Once directed to the proper persons, the man began swinging his three-foot metal ruler at them and screaming obscenities mixed with what witnesses say was what seemed like an instruction or to properly measure snowfall. He then proceeded to destroy the official measuring site and replace it with his ruler. When officers arrived he allowed the arrest process to go smoothly and is being held on 50" bail, as no bodily injuries were sustained by any of the involved parties, and no charges were pressed. Back to you in the studio."

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 4520
Reputation : 150
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 26
Location : Greentown, Pa/Fishkill, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by docstox12 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:20 am

rb924119 wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:What I could see happen with this event:  The snow happens after 7 AM, when there is no snow on the ground.  It snows steadily for several hours in NYC, then the rain washes away all the snow by 1 PM, when the NWS snow measurements are in, after which the consevancy will measure 0" of snow, which we be the "official" snow total for NYC.  I would go to CPK for this but unfortunately, I'll be at work in Midtown.

OH GOD I FREAKIN' HOPE NOT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CP WOULD GO POSTAL!!!!! LMFAOOOO "Breaking news this evening out of Central Park, as what appears to have been a crazed and fanatical weather hobbyist has allegedly acted upon a longstanding personal vendetta against the Central Park Conservancy for what he has claimed to be "the improper measurement of precipitation, mainly during the winter months and related to snowfall". Officials say a man known best by his online screen name CPCantmeasuresnow arrived on the scene at approximately 2:15 PM and asked for the personnel involved in precipitation measurement. Once directed to the proper persons, the man began swinging his three-foot metal ruler at them and screaming obscenities mixed with what witnesses say was what seemed like an instruction or to properly measure snowfall. He then proceeded to destroy the official measuring site and replace it with his ruler. When officers arrived he allowed the arrest process to go smoothly and is being held on 50" bail, as no bodily injuries were sustained by any of the involved parties, and no charges were pressed. Back to you in the studio."

Have you considered applying for a Government position in OTI?
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6133
Reputation : 95
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 67
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Radz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:44 am

OT but anyone feel that sonic boom shortly after 6AM??
avatar
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 753
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 am

Radz wrote:OT but anyone feel that sonic boom shortly after 6AM??

I did but I believe that was an earthquake. The first one I've ever experienced in my life., chalk one more thing off the bucket list.

A nice distraction from what looks to be a slop storm today and a crappy over all February. What a drastic change expectation wise for this month from a week ago. smh
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5801
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Radz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Radz wrote:OT but anyone feel that sonic boom shortly after 6AM??

I did but I believe that was an earthquake. The first one I've ever experienced in my life., chalk one more thing off the bucket list.

A nice distraction from what looks to be a slop storm today and a crappy over all February. What a  drastic change expectation wise for this month from a week ago. smh

Thanks CP - Nothing on USGS map as of yet, pretty wide spread, Westchester, Orange, Putnam - here it was loud, thats why i was leaning toward sonic boom... on the weather front, today will suck, but I'm still holding on to hope for another few weeks of winter to end the month...
avatar
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 753
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Dunnzoo on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:32 am

Radz wrote:OT but anyone feel that sonic boom shortly after 6AM??

Here you go...


_________________
Janet


Snowfall winter of 2017-2018       50.15"

Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 3656
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 56
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by docstox12 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:35 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Radz wrote:OT but anyone feel that sonic boom shortly after 6AM??

I did but I believe that was an earthquake. The first one I've ever experienced in my life., chalk one more thing off the bucket list.

A nice distraction from what looks to be a slop storm today and a crappy over all February. What a  drastic change expectation wise for this month from a week ago. smh

Wow! I didn't hear this one.There was one in the early or mid 80's I heard when I lived on Mahwah,early in the AM.I was still in bed and it lasted maybe 5 or 10 seconds, a loud noise and a slight vibration.Very weird to say the least.

Long range crew, CP, still saying pattern will be better for all snow starting President's Day through mid March.Lot's of winter still left, we are right in the dead of winter now.Radar shows it's almost here, cloudy, calm, 20 degrees, Slop-o-rama about to begin.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6133
Reputation : 95
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 67
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Radz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:50 am

Dunnzoo wrote:
Radz wrote:OT but anyone feel that sonic boom shortly after 6AM??

Here you go...


Yup, thanks took a while to show up, i'm 3.2 miles west/nw of center
avatar
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 753
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by syosnow94 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 am

I miss out on the snow and the earthquake. Ef this
avatar
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 3573
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 46
Location : OTI DIRECTOR OF MENTAL HEALTH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by rb924119 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 am

docstox12 wrote:
rb924119 wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:What I could see happen with this event:  The snow happens after 7 AM, when there is no snow on the ground.  It snows steadily for several hours in NYC, then the rain washes away all the snow by 1 PM, when the NWS snow measurements are in, after which the consevancy will measure 0" of snow, which we be the "official" snow total for NYC.  I would go to CPK for this but unfortunately, I'll be at work in Midtown.

OH GOD I FREAKIN' HOPE NOT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CP WOULD GO POSTAL!!!!! LMFAOOOO "Breaking news this evening out of Central Park, as what appears to have been a crazed and fanatical weather hobbyist has allegedly acted upon a longstanding personal vendetta against the Central Park Conservancy for what he has claimed to be "the improper measurement of precipitation, mainly during the winter months and related to snowfall". Officials say a man known best by his online screen name CPCantmeasuresnow arrived on the scene at approximately 2:15 PM and asked for the personnel involved in precipitation measurement. Once directed to the proper persons, the man began swinging his three-foot metal ruler at them and screaming obscenities mixed with what witnesses say was what seemed like an instruction or to properly measure snowfall. He then proceeded to destroy the official measuring site and replace it with his ruler. When officers arrived he allowed the arrest process to go smoothly and is being held on 50" bail, as no bodily injuries were sustained by any of the involved parties, and no charges were pressed. Back to you in the studio."

Have you considered applying for a Government position in OTI?

No. Why? Lmao

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 4520
Reputation : 150
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 26
Location : Greentown, Pa/Fishkill, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by dkodgis on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am

If I may, "Before police arrived, CP was seen with a groundhog perched precariously upon his hat, muttering an ode. Words were indistinguishable, but he did have a wild look in both eyes while handing out cards with www.njstrongweatherforum.com printed in Times New Roman font, point size of 10. Conservancy personnel trembled in fear under his gaze."
avatar
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 586
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2013-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 am

rb924119 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
rb924119 wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:What I could see happen with this event:  The snow happens after 7 AM, when there is no snow on the ground.  It snows steadily for several hours in NYC, then the rain washes away all the snow by 1 PM, when the NWS snow measurements are in, after which the consevancy will measure 0" of snow, which we be the "official" snow total for NYC.  I would go to CPK for this but unfortunately, I'll be at work in Midtown.

OH GOD I FREAKIN' HOPE NOT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CP WOULD GO POSTAL!!!!! LMFAOOOO "Breaking news this evening out of Central Park, as what appears to have been a crazed and fanatical weather hobbyist has allegedly acted upon a longstanding personal vendetta against the Central Park Conservancy for what he has claimed to be "the improper measurement of precipitation, mainly during the winter months and related to snowfall". Officials say a man known best by his online screen name CPCantmeasuresnow arrived on the scene at approximately 2:15 PM and asked for the personnel involved in precipitation measurement. Once directed to the proper persons, the man began swinging his three-foot metal ruler at them and screaming obscenities mixed with what witnesses say was what seemed like an instruction or to properly measure snowfall. He then proceeded to destroy the official measuring site and replace it with his ruler. When officers arrived he allowed the arrest process to go smoothly and is being held on 50" bail, as no bodily injuries were sustained by any of the involved parties, and no charges were pressed. Back to you in the studio."

Have you considered applying for a Government position in OTI?

No. Why? Lmao

We are in dire need of a Director of Meteorology. You seem to have all of the qualifications. Plus you don't take things to seriously which is an OTI must.

Of course you have to apply for and pass the citizenship test first. Our Director of Immigration Taffy who administers the test has been AWOL for several months. I'm not sure who was filling in while she was gone. I think it was me?
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5801
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum