Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:33 am

dkodgis wrote:If I may, "Before police arrived, CP was seen with a groundhog perched precariously upon his hat, muttering an ode. Words were indistinguishable, but he did have a wild look in both eyes while handing out cards with www.njstrongweatherforum.com printed in Times New Roman font, point size of 10. Conservancy personnel trembled in fear under his gaze."

That's my font, and they should tremble.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5801
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by amugs on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:05 pm

SROC just for you my man!!!


_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
avatar
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 9519
Reputation : 106
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 48
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by amugs on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:57 pm

Presidents day special, haven't had one in a bit here. SPV spokes comes out and helps force this underneath.
Also one on Thur/Friday as well.

Here is Sunday /Monday from 33&rain

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
avatar
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 9519
Reputation : 106
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 48
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 pm

I'm not even sure why I bother. Won't happen so what's the point.


avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5801
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Radz on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:38 am

Many mets are getting ready to stick a fork in this winter already, of course based on current model output, seems the next 7 days will be telling, seems we not only need the PV to split, but it is now being modeled to stay in western Canada?? Ridge on west coast too far west, Atlantic ridge also too far west, keeps the arctic air in the upper midwest- no bueno. Hoping the models are just lost and will correct as our LR crew are thinking is possible. Think we all really need winter to return with a vengeance to retain sanity lol...
avatar
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 753
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Carter bk on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:08 am

I will writre this winter off middle febuary nyc and we looking down the barrel of a super soaker. And the best part is if it was snow coming. Sown we be buried looking at almost 2 1/2 inches

Carter bk

Posts : 73
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2017-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by algae888 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 am

La Nina are historically front-loaded Winters so far this winter is no different most of our snow fell before January 5th I actually don't mind and would prefer snowfall starting in early December and Less the later we go into winter. With that said we do have the Strat split and nobody really knows the outcome of that yet and it is still only on February 10th even in a crappy pattern we could snow and get a lot of it just look at two years ago 30 inches of snow in New York City 27 fell in one storm. That year was a horrible winter to me. One of the all-time worst. I much prefer a winter like this.
avatar
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4668
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 56
Location : mt. vernon, new york

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by billg315 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:10 am

Looks like we’ll be in the mid-50s to near 60 midweek and after a brief cool down back to near 50 Presidents Day. I never give up on a winter until late March as we’ve had some big snows in March but clearly the hoped for pattern change in early to mid-February never fully materialized. Let’s hope the one being predicted for end of Feb./early March fares better.
avatar
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 2194
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 44
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by algae888 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:42 am

billg315 wrote:Looks like we’ll be in the mid-50s to near 60 midweek and after a brief cool down back to near 50 Presidents Day. I never give up on a winter until late March as we’ve had some big snows in March but clearly the hoped for pattern change in early to mid-February never fully materialized. Let’s hope the one being predicted for end of Feb./early March fares better.
Bill I don't know where you're getting your weather forecast from but my point and click forecast doesn't get me into the 50s on any day mostly mid-to-upper 40s
avatar
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4668
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 56
Location : mt. vernon, new york

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by billg315 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Accuweather Highs:
Wed.: 53
Thurs: 57
Weather Channel Highs:
Wed.: 54
Thurs: 58
TWC has Presidents Day 49: Accuweather has Presidents Day 41, but that Tuesday 52.
avatar
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 2194
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 44
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by billg315 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:12 pm

National Weather Service has:
Wed.: 51
Thurs.: 55
avatar
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 2194
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 44
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 pm

algae888 wrote:La Nina are historically front-loaded Winters so far this winter is no different most of our snow fell before January 5th I actually don't mind and would prefer snowfall starting in early December and Less the later we go into winter. With that said we do have the Strat split and nobody really knows the outcome of that yet and it is still only on February 10th even in a crappy pattern we could snow and get a lot of it just look at two years ago 30 inches of snow in New York City 27 fell in one storm. That year was a horrible winter to me. One of the all-time worst. I much prefer a winter like this.

I agree.

Even with the mostly horrible pattern and much above normal temperatures since the second week in January this winter so far blows away the winter of two years ago, but unless winter returns it may end up not being many notches above it.

I guess I say goodbye to my snow cover by tomorrow. So far 39 days of snowcover this winter which is about normal to this point in the season. The next 6 weeks make or break this winter and the next two look horrible to me.

Mikey called this nightmare scenario about a month ago when the pattern turned on us. Unless the pattern turns back all of the ridicule we gave him, myself included, looks to be misplaced. The SOAB.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5801
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by weatherwatchermom on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:21 pm

I don't know guys...I still have faith we will get some more snow...it is sad that it is 42*and raining in Feb....
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2033
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 54
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by syosnow94 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
algae888 wrote:La Nina are historically front-loaded Winters so far this winter is no different most of our snow fell before January 5th I actually don't mind and would prefer snowfall starting in early December and Less the later we go into winter. With that said we do have the Strat split and nobody really knows the outcome of that yet and it is still only on February 10th even in a crappy pattern we could snow and get a lot of it just look at two years ago 30 inches of snow in New York City 27 fell in one storm. That year was a horrible winter to me. One of the all-time worst. I much prefer a winter like this.

I agree.

Even with the mostly horrible pattern and much above normal temperatures since the second week in January this winter so far blows away the winter of two years ago, but unless winter returns it may end up not being many notches above it.

I guess I say goodbye to my snow cover by tomorrow. So far 39 days of snowcover this winter which is about normal to this point in the season. The next 6 weeks make or break this winter and the next two look horrible to me.

Mikey called this nightmare scenario about a month ago when the pattern turned on us. Unless the pattern turns back all of the ridicule we gave him, myself included, looks to be misplaced. The SOAB.

I fear what’s coming CP. The PV looks yet again on modeling to set up too far west (unless I’m looking at the wrong maps) to benefit us. If it’s too far west the storms will continue to be west of us like these last few weeks. The LR crew remains confident though I don’t. We shall see. I do know that we were forecast to have a rocking February and we are about to be done with more than half of it with an temps and tons of rain during what should be the coldest snowiest period of our winter Brick shout Tired Mad GFS Model white flag
avatar
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 3573
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 46
Location : OTI DIRECTOR OF MENTAL HEALTH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by TheAresian on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Syo, that was my January. ~3" of precip, but 6" of snow. February has been a little kinder to me so far, but we're only just over 1/3 of the way through the month. Now it's hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Nothing else can be done.
avatar
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 739
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : Painted Post NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Dunnzoo on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Interesting day today..went to Forked River (exit 74 on GSP) and it was like spring, partly sunny and 60°. Left there at 3 pm, cloudy but still warm. 5pm and home (exit 168 on the GSP) and it is 39° with a cold rain with fog. ick.

_________________
Janet


Snowfall winter of 2017-2018       50.15"

Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 3656
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 56
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by frank 638 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:50 pm

This sucks we are the middle of February and there is no snow or cold in sight whatever happened to a good old fashion winter. At least we had some snow and really cold weather in December and part of January. Is there any hope in sight or we have to wait in March to get any good snow storms

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1710
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 34
Location : bronx ny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by moleson on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:14 pm

What is going on with this weather?!?! I thought it was supposed to snow this week. And I thought someone here said the pattern was going to back to cold after Feb 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th 27th or 28th?

moleson

Posts : 17
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Math23x7 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:52 am

This better not verify:


Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2115
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by docstox12 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:07 am

So far, NWS does not agree with that map Mikey has posted.Looks like a little above average for next week.Everybody is disappointed, but last February I was out walking and saw leafs actually coming out on trees it was so warm.That was followed in mid March by a 20 inch snowstorm up here.Still 6 weeks of snow producing time available.The end of next week looking colder.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6133
Reputation : 95
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 67
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Radz on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:40 am

docstox12 wrote:So far, NWS does not agree with that map Mikey has posted.Looks like a little above average for next week.Everybody is disappointed, but last February I was out walking and saw leafs actually coming out on trees it was so warm.That was followed in mid March by a 20 inch snowstorm up here.Still 6 weeks of snow producing time available.The end of next week looking colder.

In many cases, disappointment leads to frustration.  Mother nature is going to do what she wants, all we can do is hope for a resurgence of winter weather. We've seen things flip before, and like you said, we've got time to see some good storms yet!
avatar
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 753
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by billg315 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 am

Mike that map seems overdone on the warmth. But I do see a couple forecasts for me to be in the low 50s that day. It does increasingly look like I could hit 60 this Thursday. It will be close.
avatar
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 2194
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 44
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by billg315 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 am

This is kind of random and not really responsive to any post. It occurs to me that even in a (relatively) small area such as what this forum covers people’s perceptions of a winter can vary greatly based on their own backyard. For instance, if I lived on Long Island, I’d probably think this was a great winter. If I lived in the Hudson Valley I might think this was a decent winter. But in central NJ and most of northern NJ, and the Jersey Shore, this winter is (so far, still plenty of time to go) largely disappointing. I had one significant (3” or more) snow this winter. That was about 6” on Jan. 4. Even that was tempered by the knowledge that people 40 miles east of me were getting a foot and a half that day. Other than that I’ve gotten a coating here, an inch there. I’m well below normal therefore. There really is no point to this (hence why it’s in banter) other than maybe to suggest that everyone should always keep in mind that not everyone on the board is always having the same winter as you (good or bad). As they always say, it’s all about location, location, location. Lol.
avatar
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 2194
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 44
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by billg315 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 am

Another random topic (sorry I’m in a random mood today, lol): Am I the only one who is interested in non-snow events? Lol. Don’t get me wrong, my favorite weather are snowstorms because they’re the most fun(and challenging) to track and to watch out my window. But today’s rain event is pretty interesting to track on radar. I know it’s not what we want in February but watching these heavy radar echos roll through one after another this morning is somewhat (at least to me) impressive.
avatar
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 2194
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 44
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:36 am

billg315 wrote:Another random topic (sorry I’m in a random mood today, lol): Am I the only one who is interested in non-snow events? Lol. Don’t get me wrong, my favorite weather are snowstorms because they’re the most fun(and challenging) to track and to watch out my window. But today’s rain event is pretty interesting to track on radar. I know it’s not what we want in February but watching these heavy radar echos roll through one after another this morning is somewhat (at least to me) impressive.

I'm curious if a Chief Justice can be impeached?

Being interested in non-snow events in the middle of June let's say I don't think is impeachable, Lauding heavy radar echoes bringing torrential rain in February that my friend is sick. I won't consider this impeachable but I do think you need a good month under the care of Docstox and Syos.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 5801
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 56
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Sector 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum