NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+52
WeatherBob
essexcountypete
NjWeatherGuy
moleson
lisalamb
lglickman1
GreyBeard
bloc1357
crippo84
SnowForest
Carter bk
jake732
sabamfa
SENJsnowman
MattyICE
SoulSingMG
hyde345
billg315
cooladi
Wheezer
Radz
skinsfan1177
Dunnzoo
Scullybutcher
Dtone
jimv45
CPcantmeasuresnow
RJB8525
Mathgod55
EnyapWeather
Quietace
jwalsh
brownie
Vinnydula
Grselig
mikeypizano
HectorO
gigs68
Math23x7
jmanley32
track17
rb924119
Frank_Wx
frank 638
sroc4
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
algae888
dkodgis
docstox12
amugs
nutleyblizzard
56 posters

Page 35 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by SNOW MAN Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Good afternoon everyone. The first thing I'd like to say is thank you to Doc, Cp, Syo and Sroc for their condolences on the passing of my Mom and for their kind words and encouragement. Doc your right this board is like family to me. I know I haven't been posting much this season, but I've been going to Occupational Therapy trying to get my finger to bend and to try and desensitize it from feeling like I'm being shocked by a 220 volt hot wire every time I touch something. Unfortunately I'm having other problems from a misaligned pelvis. It causes extreme pain in one or both legs because it pinches the Sciatic nerve which makes your ability to walk very difficult or impossible.
I've been going to PT for that with the Therapist that rehabbed my shoulder after I had Rotator Cuff surgery. She's really helped me tremendously.
I was watching the Mets/ Professors at Penn State last night and they were doing there 12 day outlook and they were showing how in that period there would be 2 to 3 opportunities for a decent snow fall. Although they did say that it would be a complex set up for each opportunity. So KUDOS to Sroc, Mugs and the others on this board that said weeks ago that Winter isn't over quite yet.
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I wanted to let the above mentioned that I appreciate their thoughtfulness and caring. Thanks you guys you are my family. Now bring on Winter PART II with a vengeance. I'M READY !!!!

SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:03 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:Good afternoon everyone. The first thing I'd like to say is thank you to Doc, Cp, Syo and Sroc for their condolences on the passing of my Mom and for their kind words and encouragement. Doc your right this board is like family to me. I know I haven't been posting much this season, but I've been going to Occupational Therapy trying to get my finger to bend and to try and desensitize it from feeling like I'm being shocked by a 220 volt hot wire every time I touch something. Unfortunately I'm having other problems from a misaligned pelvis. It causes extreme pain in one or both legs because it pinches the Sciatic nerve which makes your ability to walk very difficult or impossible.
  I've been going to PT for that with the Therapist that rehabbed my shoulder after I had Rotator Cuff surgery. She's really helped me tremendously.
  I was watching the Mets/ Professors at Penn State last night and they were doing there 12 day outlook and they were showing how in that period there would be 2 to 3 opportunities for a decent snow fall. Although they did say that it would be a complex set up for each opportunity. So KUDOS to Sroc, Mugs and the others on this board that said weeks ago that Winter isn't over quite yet.
   I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I wanted to let the above mentioned that I appreciate their thoughtfulness and caring. Thanks you guys you are my family. Now bring on Winter PART II with a vengeance. I'M READY !!!!

Snowie,

Welcome back and my deepest sympathies and sympathies on the passing of your mom. I did not know this and we are all here for you in spirit and prayers if you need anything.
Now I see why you weren't around and that finger is making life hard for you to post on here I am sure!!
Have that therapist do her magic and get you ready for this stretch upcoming my man.
I love to see that you are back here and the yuo want this period to be like Crazy Eddie...............
Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 Giphy

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Snow, if you need someone to talk to, please feel free to text me. Very sorry about your Mom.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:31 pm

amugs wrote:
SNOW MAN wrote:Good afternoon everyone. The first thing I'd like to say is thank you to Doc, Cp, Syo and Sroc for their condolences on the passing of my Mom and for their kind words and encouragement. Doc your right this board is like family to me. I know I haven't been posting much this season, but I've been going to Occupational Therapy trying to get my finger to bend and to try and desensitize it from feeling like I'm being shocked by a 220 volt hot wire every time I touch something. Unfortunately I'm having other problems from a misaligned pelvis. It causes extreme pain in one or both legs because it pinches the Sciatic nerve which makes your ability to walk very difficult or impossible.

Snowie,

Welcome back and my deepest sympathies and sympathies on the passing of your mom. I did not know this and we are all here for you in spirit and prayers if you need anything.
Now I see why you weren't around and that finger is making life hard for you to post on here I am sure!!
Have that therapist do her magic and get you ready for this stretch upcoming my man.
I love to see that you are back here and the yuo want this period to be like Crazy Eddie...............

Thank you Mikey for your condolences it's deeply appreciated. It's funny how you adapt to things. I find myself using my other fingers to do the tasks that my middle finger should be doing. Unfortunately my OT Therapist says I'm compensating which won't help the sensitivity issues. It seems that the more you touch things with the finger the better it will feel. That's easy for him to say. LOL ! Just touching a piece of Velcro ( the side with the little fingers which is part of the therapy process ) feels like a thousand razor blades cutting your finger. OUCH ! Thank you again Mikey.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:39 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:
amugs wrote:

Snowie,

Thank you Mikey for your condolences it's deeply appreciated. It's funny how you adapt to things. I find myself using my other fingers to do the tasks that my middle finger should be doing. Unfortunately my OT Therapist says I'm compensating which won't help the sensitivity issues. It seems that the more you touch things with the finger the better it will feel. That's easy for him to say. LOL ! Just touching a piece of Velcro ( the side with the little fingers which is part of the therapy process ) feels like a thousand razor blades cutting your finger. OUCH ! Thank you again Mikey.

It could be far worse, least its a slightly less used finger. I know nothing of the using it more will help therapy but does that include extending it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
SNOW MAN wrote:
amugs wrote:

Snowie,

It could be far worse, least its a slightly less used finger. I know nothing of the using it more will help therapy but does that include extending it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That's the one thing I don't have a problem doing. Thankfully I haven't had to do that a lot lately because I haven't been commuting back and forth to work in NJ. LOL!
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Snow Man- Condolences. Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year and my mom in 2005. All I can say for me is that there is now a sweetness to their memories. Hope the same for you. And positive thoughts to your health. Hopefully a deep cold massive snow storm will strengthen the Snow Man!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Snowman I am so sorry for passing of your mom my heart and prayers go out to ur family we are always there for you

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss snowman and try your hardest with the OT. It sounds aweful but maybe it really will get better. What did you do to your finger to have those sensations?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Sorry for your loss snow man... I'm sure the damp weather isn't helping in the pain department. PT is a wonderful thing, just have to do what they say! Today was so damp, in the 40's. Not liking it one bit!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm

SNOWMAN, my OTI brother, we are all here for you as you said, as a family.So good to see you posting! I miss the low temperature wars with you, CP, and Me,LOL.Anyway, join the club with physical maladies, at my age of 67 I can so relate to what you are going through.What we all need here on the board to lift all our spirts is an area wide blockbuster 20 inch plus snowstorm.Bring it home to us Long Range Crew, I know you guys are working overtime trying your best.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 pm

And this is why we good folks should all get together to lift a drink to absent friends. Some like me have fewer days ahead than behind. I am all about slowing down and not running around like ants on an ant hill. Condolences.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Dkodgis you are absolutely right you guys are the best . I hope we all have a get together soon I really want to meet everyone on his board have a nice drink or a nice dinner

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:35 pm

I agree. I have been hinting that the Orange Co folks get together and some NJ folks somewhere close enough just for some talk and drink. I am a wallflower though so I hope others think the way I think. I mean to go to the next board get together but for us regional folks, let us kick it one time
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli5783 Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 pm

snowman...my coldolences 2 u and the family,i lost my mom in 2017 and now i lost my father in january 2018 so i know what ure going through..stay strong and keep positive

mwilli5783

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:22 pm

Snowman I am so sorry for your loss. best of wishes for you and your family.

jimv45
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:51 pm

If my NWS forecast for late next week pans out shoot me into OTI!

ThursdayA 50 percent chance of rain after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
Thursday NightRain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
FridayRain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday NightA 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
SaturdayA 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:40 pm

jmanley32 wrote:If my NWS forecast for late next week pans out shoot me into OTI!

ThursdayA 50 percent chance of rain after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
Thursday NightRain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
FridayRain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday NightA 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
SaturdayA 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.

Yea, I am familiar with ABA. I also think its critical to get kids learning early. Much harder for a child to be put into the wrong learning situation. They are behind in the first place. Early learning can, from what I have seen, help a child tremendously so they can be mainstreamed, or in a bad fit situation, lead to years of frustration and playing catch up. They are metaphorically, carrying a bag of wet sand on their back.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:56 pm

mwilli5783 wrote:snowman...my coldolences 2 u and the family,i lost my mom in 2017 and now i lost my father in january 2018 so i know what ure going through..stay strong and keep positive

mwilli5783, so sorry to hear about the loss of your parents especially so close in time together.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 am

mwilli5783 wrote:snowman...my coldolences 2 u and the family,i lost my mom in 2017 and now i lost my father in january 2018 so i know what ure going through..stay strong and keep positive

Less than a year apart, that's rough. My condolences to you my friend.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:00 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Less than a year apart, that's rough. My condolences to you my friend.

Mwilli. That’s aweful. My condolences to you and your family.

Jon. I am so happy and proud of you. Best of luck in the new position. Your going to be phenominal. Don’t worry about the weather. If you have the time...great. Take care of those kids.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:54 am

The volatility of each Euro run is comical. It's king of interesting that a lot of guidance keeps suggesting the primary low for end of week making it to Great Lakes before the transfer with the strong blocking in place. That obviously won't help for snow chances with this particular system. We still hopefully can score after that though, but hey this is the weather we're talking about and March is crazy. Anything still on the table IMO.

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crippo84 Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:55 am

Anyone know what the record for rainfall in the month of February is and if we're anywhere close? I can't remember so many rainy days in February.
crippo84
crippo84

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:37 am

I'm really starting to lose my patience with all this rain and great pattern setups that don't come to pass all winter. As of now I have 22.5 inches of snow for the winter- roughly 6 inches below normal. With the delay of this so called epic block taking shape... what else is new, we're probably facing another rainstorm next weekend. I believe our last chance for accumulating snow will be the storm around day 10. After that, I'll be ready to throw in the towel.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 am

nutleyblizzard wrote:I'm really starting to lose my patience with all this rain and great pattern setups that don't come to pass all winter. As of now I have 22.5 inches of snow for the winter- roughly 6 inches below normal. With the delay of this so called epic block taking shape... what else is new, we're probably facing another rainstorm next weekend. I believe our last chance for accumulating snow will be the storm around day 10. After that, I'll be ready to throw in the towel.

I posted something like this yesterday. this past month is traditionally our coldest of the year. If we were just normal temperatures we would have all had between 3-4 feet of snow. Interior areas closer to 5 feet. But instead it was rain every othe4 day when most Mets and posters were calling for epic winter conditions. Shoot me

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 am

syosnow94 wrote:
nutleyblizzard wrote:I'm really starting to lose my patience with all this rain and great pattern setups that don't come to pass all winter. As of now I have 22.5 inches of snow for the winter- roughly 6 inches below normal. With the delay of this so called epic block taking shape... what else is new, we're probably facing another rainstorm next weekend. I believe our last chance for accumulating snow will be the storm around day 10. After that, I'll be ready to throw in the towel.

I posted something like this yesterday.  this past month is traditionally our coldest of the year.  If we were just normal temperatures we would have all had between 3-4 feet of snow. Interior areas closer to 5 feet. But instead it was rain every othe4 day when most Mets and posters were calling for epic winter conditions. Shoot me

Syo, I hear this same garbage every year. I am at a point where if I see the words PATTERN CHANGE I just stop reading... Its always the same story... ITS COMING! NEXT MONTH WILL BE EPIC! BLAH BLAH BLAH!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:23 am

So sorry for your loss.(Been there unfortunately). I hope that therapy starts to bring you relief!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum