Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 am

TheAresian wrote:It depends. Do I owe any of them money?

So you'd kill them over a few bucks? Laughing
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 am

mikeypizano wrote:Ok here’s one for ya:

There is a train coming, you are at a switch that can send it down one of two tracks. In the first track, Frank is tied up and laid over the tracks. On the second track is RB, CP, Mugs, Syosnow, and a Jman... which track do you send the train down?

Well that's a tough one.

I would have to say I send it down the second track. I realize I would be killing myself in the process but at the same time I would be putting Jman out of his snow deprivation misery, Syos also seems very disturbed at times although I realize it would be rough on his kids maybe not so much on his wife, taking my own life I pretty much use the same logic I used with Syos, taking mugs would probably spare him from an over dose of whatever upper he seems to be constantly on especially during the one week leading up to any possible nor'easter. The only logic I suppose I could use in taking RB would be to spare him from a miserable life in the snow hole and probably only snow hole, that currently exists in Dutchess County where he currently resides.

Since Frank controls the board 900 and some odd people still have a weather board. Sacrifice five to spare 900 deserving souls a weather forum. It's really an easy decision when logically thought out.

Who am I to argue with Jesus.

John 15:13 Greater love has no man than this, that a man give up his life for his friends.

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 am

There is a train coming, you are at a switch that can send it down one of two tracks. In the first track, Frank is tied up and laid over the tracks. On the second track is RB, CP, Mugs, Syosnow, and a Jman... which track do you send the train down?

I untie myself with my superior athletic ability and agility, then untie Frank, put him next to CP on the other track then send the train down that one.  Screw em all bom

Last edited by syosnow94 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:50 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Well that's a tough one.

I would have to say I send it down the second track. I realize I would be killing myself in the process but at the same time I would be putting Jman out of his snow deprivation misery, Syos also seems very disturbed at times although I realize it would be rough on his kids maybe not so much on his wife, taking myself I pretty much use the same logic I used with Syos, taking mugs would probably spare him from an over dose of whatever upper he seems to be constantly on especially during the one week leading up to any possible nor'easter. The only logic I suppose I could use in taking RB would be to spare him from a miserable life in the snow hole and probably only snow hole, that currently exists in Dutchess County where he currently resides.

Since Frank controls the board 900 and some odd people still have a weather board. Sacrifice five to spare 900 deserving souls a weather forum. It's really an easy decision when logically thought out.

Who am I to argue with Jesus.

John 15:13 Greater love has no man than this, that a man give up his life for his friends.

Technically there is no right answer, so I can't argue but remind me not to get on the train tracks near ya Laughing
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am

syosnow94 wrote:

I unite myself with my superior athletic ability and agility, then untie Frank, put him next to CP on the other track then send the train down that one.  Screw em all bom

He wins!
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 am

mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

I unite myself with my superior athletic ability and agility, then untie Frank, put him next to CP on the other track then send the train down that one.  Screw em all bom

He wins!

I usually do. Just like proving with actual statistics that I am the snow capital of the forum. afro
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:54 am

syosnow94 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

He wins!

I usually do.  Just like proving with actual statistics that I am the snow capital of the forum. afro

Sadly, after you walked away, the ghost of Jman attached himself to you, and took over your body. Now, you post wind maps.
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:55 am

You are all missing the point. Mikey, you sick demented individual.  Why in the world would you want to have this people murdered.  Have you done this before?   My God man, turn yourself in!!!!
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:55 am

mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

He wins!

I usually do.  Just like proving with actual statistics that I am the snow capital of the forum. afro

Sadly, after you walked away, the ghost of Jman attached himself to you, and took over your body. Now, you post wind maps.

harvey harvey harvey
RJB8525
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:58 am

Grselig wrote:

You are all missing the point.  Mikey, you sick demented individual.  Why in the world would you want to have this people murdered.  Have you done this before?   My God man, turn yourself in!!!!

IT WAS FOR SCIENCE!
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:59 am

mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

He wins!

Mikey P. That was a CP esque post. Very witty. We’ll done
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am

syosnow94 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

He wins!

Mikey P. That was a CP esque post.  Very witty.  We’ll done

Thank you. I have a few good ones Smile
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am

mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

He wins!

Mikey P. That was a CP esque post.  Very witty.  We’ll done

Thank you. I have a few good ones Smile

Yep I guess it’s true that even a blind squirrel finds a nut very now and then.
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am

Grselig wrote:

You are all missing the point.  Mikey, you sick demented individual.  Why in the world would you want to have this people murdered.  Have you done this before?   My God man, turn yourself in!!!!

So we are obviously at a point where the next storm is at least six days away for Mikey's post to garner this much attention. There could be something to this Mikey is a serial killer theory, as Grselig has alluded to. Just like serial killers leave clues when they want to be caught perhaps that's why Mikey leaves his phone number and asks to be texted by anyone on the forum, most of whom I would imagine he's never met.

I'm notifying the FBI now just in case, better safe than sorry.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:

So we are obviously at a point where the next storm is at least six days away for Mikey's post to garner this much attention. There could be something to this Mikey is a serial killer theory, as Grselig has alluded to. Just like serial killers leave clues when they want to be caught perhaps that's why Mikey leaves his phone number and asks to be texted by anyone on the forum, most of whom I would imagine he's never met.

I'm notifying the FBI now just in case, better safe than sorry.

On here? No, I haven't met anyone, but on a Facebook weather group I am on, I never realized I walked past one of the members almost every Friday at the seafood counter at Price Chopper...
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 am

Movie reference: Serial Killer in Billy Madison. Mikey is making a list right now
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 am

Grselig wrote:Movie reference:  Serial Killer in Billy Madison.  Mikey is making a list right now

I'm checking it twice
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:10 am

Well this discussion took a deep, dark, turn that was unexpected and unpleasant........

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 am

rb924119 wrote:Well this discussion took a deep, dark, turn that was unexpected and unpleasant........

I guess when you begin a discussion with the premise of are you going to kill these five people or this one person, there's not many other ways it can turn. As you can see RB we already need a storm for next Tuesday. When even slightly bored our minds go to horrible places.

Mikey P started it though, said the tattletale, if anyone is to blame its him.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 am

HOT OFF THE PRESSES.  IVE DISCOVERED MIKEY P,s TRUE IDENTITY.  NOW I KNOW WHY HES NEVER MET ANYONE.  HES ACTUALLY 66 YEARS OLD AND FROM TORONTO CANADA.  

AND HES AN ACTUAL LANDSCAPER TO BOOT
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:21 am

syosnow94 wrote:HOT OFF THE PRESSES.  IVE DISCOVERED MIKEY P,s TRUE IDENTITY.  NOW I KNOW WHY HES NEVER MET ANYONE.  HES ACTUALLY 66 YEARS OLD AND FROM TORONTO CANADA.  

AND HES AN ACTUAL LANDSCAPER TO BOOT

My mind is reeling right now at the possibilities.

Are inmates allowed to post on weather forums and do they have cell phones where people can text them? I have chills down my spine.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:27 am

Well I seemed to have opened Pandora's box here so lets clear the air...

The trolley problem is a thought experiment in ethics. The general form of the problem is this:

There is a runaway trolley barreling down the railway tracks. Ahead, on the tracks, there are five people tied up and unable to move. The trolley is headed straight for them. You are standing some distance off in the train yard, next to a lever. If you pull this lever, the trolley will switch to a different set of tracks. However, you notice that there is one person tied up on the side track. You have two options:

Do nothing, and the trolley kills the five people on the main track.
Pull the lever, diverting the trolley onto the side track where it will kill one person.
Which is the most ethical choice?

I simply paraphrased it and used people from here as example.
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:35 am

The only thing to kill is the electrical box so nobody gets killed!!!!!!!
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:42 am

Grselig wrote:The only thing to kill is the electrical box so nobody gets killed!!!!!!!

But its a runaway trolley, so killing power won't stop it...
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:44 am

TheAresian wrote:It depends. Do I owe any of them money?

There were many excellent responses but I still have to say the first one by the Aresian should be the winner. Short and to the point, and funny as were many others.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next