NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 3.0

+44
sabamfa
kalleg
skinsfan1177
Radz
deblanka
GreyBeard
Quietace
Joe Snow
aiannone
oldtimer
Sanchize06
bobjohnsonforthehall
mwilli5783
richb521
gigs68
essexcountypete
WeatherBob
SENJsnowman
dad4twoboys
amugs
Dtone
Taffy
Scullybutcher
Dunnzoo
brownie
weatherwatchermom
SNOW MAN
jimv45
RJB8525
nutleyblizzard
billg315
jmanley32
dkodgis
frank 638
algae888
docstox12
Grselig
Math23x7
rb924119
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
Nyi1058
mikeypizano
Frank_Wx
48 posters

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 10 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Director of Landscaping ought to be an interesting responsibility. Mikey, I hope you're good at doing fun and exciting things with sand. And if anybody named Farmer Jones offers to show you the inside of his barn, abandon the mower and run for your life.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:23 pm

TheAresian wrote:Director of Landscaping ought to be an interesting responsibility. Mikey, I hope you're good at doing fun and exciting things with sand. And if anybody named Farmer Jones offers to show you the inside of his barn, abandon the mower and run for your life.

One of my favorite plants grows in sand actually. But sadly, I think they may not live well on the island... What kind of weather conditions does it have?

I suck at running, so I will just ride the mower away, it is faster than me running... Laughing

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Think Fantasy Island only replace Ricardo Montalban and his little friend with CP and Syo.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:29 pm

TheAresian wrote:Think Fantasy Island only replace Ricardo Montalban and his little friend with CP and Syo.

I have never actually seen that movie... Is that bad?

Also, technically, one of the plants is native to PA... Prickly Pear!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
TheAresian wrote:Think Fantasy Island only replace Ricardo Montalban and his little friend with CP and Syo.

Its a TV show. Some dudes wearing white tuxedoes making dreams come true and teaching people the value of goodness. Kinda like OTI in reverse.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:42 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:Ok. I just stumbled in here and read the last few pages. Clearly we need a storm. Suddenly OTI seems comparatively sane. I’m stumbling back out. Toodles.

I actually thought I was on OTI.

Everyone that has contributed the last two pages really should be given honorary citizenship. I believe they've all earned it.

I should add of course that half the people that have contributed the last two pages are citizens or ex-citizens, who am I speaking of, of OTI.. No surprises there.

Are we plotting on OTI to take over the banter thread? Is this some kind of covert action that I wasn't made aware of?

I'm not sure I approve but we do need more space so if someone did plan this kudos to them.

Does the island need a landscaper?

I will need approval from Parliament and Doc I believe is away today but I have no problem putting in the nomination right now future Director of landscaping.

I shall wait for the good news. Smile

I realize I did jump one step ahead there, and must adhere to OTI protocol.

I am putting your name before Parliament today for citizenship on OTI. Soon after that, after you have proven yourself as a loyal citizen of OTI we will put your name before Parliament, provided of course you are granted citizenship which seems a mere formality right now, to be the Director of Landscaping on OTI.

I only see one bump in the road for you Mikey, as far as becoming a citizen of OTI, and that is your wishes at various times for spring to come early. On OTI wishing for spring before May is very serious and a first offender receives two handfuls of sand in the face, eyes closed, and 10 lashes with palm tree leaves. Punishments of course are handed out by our Director of security SnowMan.

A second offender receives four handfuls of sand in the face eyes opened, and is then beheaded. Their citizenship is taken from them posthumously.

Understood but I am simply trying to follow the money. If it is going to be warm, I would like to get a head start on spring cleanups and mulch jobs before mowing season is here.

I understand, just don't ever mention things like that while you are on OTI, SnowMan has beaten people senseless for much less.

Ummm CP. A word to the wise (on the QT) You are threatening a potential cereal killer.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:44 pm

I see the weekend night temps are in the mid to high teens NW of the city. This is why I pay high taxes.  I want the change of seasons, and in winter I want the cold and snow. Just me and my wood stove.

"CP, de plane! De plane!"
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:Ok. I just stumbled in here and read the last few pages. Clearly we need a storm. Suddenly OTI seems comparatively sane. I’m stumbling back out. Toodles.

I actually thought I was on OTI.

Everyone that has contributed the last two pages really should be given honorary citizenship. I believe they've all earned it.

I should add of course that half the people that have contributed the last two pages are citizens or ex-citizens, who am I speaking of, of OTI.. No surprises there.

Are we plotting on OTI to take over the banter thread? Is this some kind of covert action that I wasn't made aware of?

I'm not sure I approve but we do need more space so if someone did plan this kudos to them.

Does the island need a landscaper?

I will need approval from Parliament and Doc I believe is away today but I have no problem putting in the nomination right now future Director of landscaping.

I shall wait for the good news. Smile

I realize I did jump one step ahead there, and must adhere to OTI protocol.

I am putting your name before Parliament today for citizenship on OTI. Soon after that, after you have proven yourself as a loyal citizen of OTI we will put your name before Parliament, provided of course you are granted citizenship which seems a mere formality right now, to be the Director of Landscaping on OTI.

I only see one bump in the road for you Mikey, as far as becoming a citizen of OTI, and that is your wishes at various times for spring to come early. On OTI wishing for spring before May is very serious and a first offender receives two handfuls of sand in the face, eyes closed, and 10 lashes with palm tree leaves. Punishments of course are handed out by our Director of security SnowMan.

A second offender receives four handfuls of sand in the face eyes opened, and is then beheaded. Their citizenship is taken from them posthumously.

Understood but I am simply trying to follow the money. If it is going to be warm, I would like to get a head start on spring cleanups and mulch jobs before mowing season is here.

I understand, just don't ever mention things like that while you are on OTI, SnowMan has beaten people senseless for much less.

Ummm CP.  A word to the wise (on the QT)  You are threatening a potential cereal killer.

Mmmmmmm peanut butter CaP'n crunch...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:57 pm

It seems most of the posts here belong in either the OTI thread or the Spring Indices Phenology Map 2018 Thread. You'd never know it was for venting frustration over the overall weather pattern.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Math23x7 wrote:It seems most of the posts here belong in either the OTI thread or the Spring Indices Phenology Map 2018 Thread.  You'd never know it was for venting frustration over the overall weather pattern.

Dd your tail fall off again Eeyore?
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Perhaps the inevitable onset of spring is making the natives restless.

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:20 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:I remember it well. It went overnight into my birthday on the 14th. I believe it was a Sunday. The snow started about 11 an and by 1 I had 5” in Bellerose near where Math grew up. It then went over to a driving sleet storm and finally back to snow. I got 13” snow then 3-5” of sleet and then 3-4” of snow on the back end. My parents upstate house in Olivebridge Ulster County NY got 37”. Syracuse 11” and I believe Atlanta Georgia 13”

Syracuse 11" in the storm of 93??????????????

Try like 43"

Atlanta officially received 4.5 inches, Birmingham Alabama received 13 inches.

Red Sox Suck less than 12, Central Park only 10.6 which doesn't even rank it among NYC's 50 greatest snowfalls, WDC 6.6.

Big Cities in NE were spared because of the track of the storm, pretty much right over the coastline.

If the NWS says Atlanta received 4.5 inches in the March '93 Superstorm, then I guess ATLcantmeasuresnow, either! Ha ha! I was in Atlanta the day after the storm, it was more like 14.5 inches.

In March of 1993, I was going to FSU in Tallahassee, about 4-4.5 hrs due south of Atlanta. One unsuspecting Sunday morning we woke up (came to?) to see snow flakes falling from the sky. In the frenzied game of 'call everyone you know from the one land line in your apartment' that followed, one of my friends said Headline News was reporting a foot or more of snow in Atlanta.

We all grew up in South Florida. Some of us were born there and hadn't seen snow ever and the rest of hadn’t seen it since we were little and our parents fled ‘insert rust belt metropolis here’.  Someone suggested that we drive to Atlanta to see what a foot of snow is like. So, we did. We brought a football and enough money for gas and hot chocolate at the Waffle House. It took 9 hours. Once we got to within 100 miles of Atlanta, the Interstate looked like a post-apocalyptic movie- disabled cars every 50 feet.

We played football in the snow for about 20 min, sipped hot cocoa at the waffle house (OK, I may have ordered smothered and covered also) and then drove home. Hmmm, I guess that was 25 years ago today!

And, it was a foot of snow…fo’ sho’

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Its a TV show.  Some dudes wearing white tuxedoes making dreams come true and teaching people the value of goodness.  Kinda like OTI in reverse.

Priceless
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:36 pm

party party Happy Birthday James(syos) party party enjoy!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:49 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:party party  Happy Birthday James(syos) party party  enjoy!!

Happy birthday, kid. Hope its a fun day!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Happy birthday!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 pm

Thank you all. Celebrated a little too much. Loved the Fantasy Island reference. I hope you guys mean for CP to play the annoying midget

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:42 pm

He has to play? I thought was an annoying midget already?!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Very good again Mikey P

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Thank you Smile
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:10 am

syosnow94 wrote:Thank you all. Celebrated a little too much. Loved the Fantasy Island reference. I hope you guys mean for CP to play the annoying midget

I could certainly do the annoying part but I would have difficulty with the midget (is that politically correct to say) end of it. Perhaps if I was cut in half I might qualify.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:20 am

Nothing to worry about, CP. Just walk around naked with your hands taped to your ankles, draw eyes on your backside and say that you're siamese twins with no arms where two bodies share one head.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:59 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Thank you all. Celebrated a little too much. Loved the Fantasy Island reference. I hope you guys mean for CP to play the annoying midget

I could certainly do the annoying part but I would have difficulty with the midget (is that politically correct to say)  end of it. Perhaps if I was cut in half I might qualify.

Perhaps the term "vertically challenged" would be more appropriate.Personally, I prefer the more 1950's ish "Shorty"!Or you could take another 1950's ish tongue in cheek approach and call him "Stretch".
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:53 am

Happy belated birthday Syo ! And thanks for your kind words of encouragement a few weeks ago. Thumbs up  party
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:01 am

Call me Stretch. I may be the tallest on the board.

I hardly ever see long icicles hanging off the roof except in very bad winters with above average snow, and on-off melting. So it has been a while but these days I have some beauties. We go out the garage and avoid impalement. Nice to look at but they sure are dangerous.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:09 am

TheAresian wrote:Nothing to worry about, CP. Just walk around naked with your hands taped to your ankles, draw eyes on your backside and say that you're siamese twins with no arms where two bodies share one head.

Off to work with that disturbing image in my head.

I may never be the same.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:37 am

CP and Jimmy flying their crazy ship together.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 10 Cp_syo10

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content