NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 3.0

+44
sabamfa
kalleg
skinsfan1177
Radz
deblanka
GreyBeard
Quietace
Joe Snow
aiannone
oldtimer
Sanchize06
bobjohnsonforthehall
mwilli5783
richb521
gigs68
essexcountypete
WeatherBob
SENJsnowman
dad4twoboys
amugs
Dtone
Taffy
Scullybutcher
Dunnzoo
brownie
weatherwatchermom
SNOW MAN
jimv45
RJB8525
nutleyblizzard
billg315
jmanley32
dkodgis
frank 638
algae888
docstox12
Grselig
Math23x7
rb924119
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
Nyi1058
mikeypizano
Frank_Wx
48 posters

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 18 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Grselig wrote:NAM just rebuilt my metaphorical bridge!!!!  Ok - maybe  i don't yet build that bridge!!!!   Models will kill me first!!!
Huh? The NAM was a great hit!

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:54 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
Grselig wrote:NAM just rebuilt my metaphorical bridge!!!!  Ok - maybe  i don't yet build that bridge!!!!   Models will kill me first!!!
Huh? The NAM was a great hit!

I panicked early!!!

Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:28 pm

I was approached by a stranger named Ivan with a Russian accent. He told me somehow he had hacked into Mikey’s (aka Math23x7) computer and recovered a file that Mike had just completed. It was titled “First Call Snow Map 3/20/18” He gave it to me and asked me to publish it on a weather chat board then did a shot of vodka and slipped into an alley where his umbrella turned into a helicopter and carried him away. It all seemed perfectly normal so, I figure why not? Here is the file:
Blue: 10-20” of Snow
Red: Sunny, Hazy, Hot and Humid. High 98*. 30% chance of late day T’Storms.
Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 18 C66d8110

billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:48 pm

billg315 wrote:I was approached by a stranger named Ivan with a Russian accent. He told me somehow he had hacked into Mikey’s (aka Math23x7) computer and recovered a file that Mike had just completed. It was titled “First Call Snow Map 3/20/18” He gave it to me and asked me to publish it on a weather chat board then did a shot of vodka and slipped into an alley where his umbrella turned into a helicopter and carried him away. It all seemed perfectly normal so, I figure why not? Here is the file:

lol! shocked bananadude

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
billg315 wrote:I was approached by a stranger named Ivan with a Russian accent. He told me somehow he had hacked into Mikey’s (aka Math23x7) computer and recovered a file that Mike had just completed. It was titled “First Call Snow Map 3/20/18” He gave it to me and asked me to publish it on a weather chat board then did a shot of vodka and slipped into an alley where his umbrella turned into a helicopter and carried him away. It all seemed perfectly normal so, I figure why not? Here is the file:

lol! shocked bananadude

Don't want to clog up the storm thread but you can text me too. That is my real number. Wink
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 pm

The red zone is more like 34 degrees and rain.  

Actually, this is from the last nor'easter we had.  From 11:43 PM on Monday, March 12th, here is the radar.  And yes, 10028 is my ZIP code:

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 18 Nycscr11

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 pm

Love ya Mikey. Very Happy Hoping you get a nice snowstorm with no mixing out of this one.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:34 pm

PEANUT BUTTER IS THE FOOD OF THE GODS!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:37 pm

lol! Thumbs up Razz Laughing Laughing

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Generally speaking, my current position has work flexibility. The past three snowstorms to impact my area, I was able to take of from work. However, there is no way I can avoid going into work tomorrow because of meetings (I live across the street from the subway station and it will take me to one block from the office). On January 4th, I ended up going in for similar reasons. I was in the office from 10 AM to 3 PM, which coincided with the brunt of the storm. It was when I was able to get out that the snow tapered off. So I told people at work that for superstitious reasons, surrounding areas will get more snow (As I would have otherwise been staying at a hotel north of the city). Thinking that once again my work hours would coincide with the heaviest snow, I was a bit frustrated (and it led me to log off and not post from yesterday afternoon to a few hours ago). Now that the heaviest snow looks to be in the early evening, I will see if I can work around getting out early. If the snow accumulates on the Manhattan streets, I would wander through the streets of the city. If it doesn't accumulate on pavement (like every snowstorm this season other than January 4th), I will take a train to the Bronx/Westchester to get in on the action (like I did on February 17th). I work very close to the Grand Central Terminal in Midtown so I would go straight from the office to the snowtowns.

I have been snow-starved from much of this season. I hope I can get into some of that tomorrow as I am starting to get desperate....

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Math23x7 wrote:Generally speaking, my current position has work flexibility.  The past three snowstorms to impact my area, I was able to take of from work.  However, there is no way I can avoid going into work tomorrow because of meetings (I live across the street from the subway station and it will take me to one block from the office).  On January 4th, I ended up going in for similar reasons.  I was in the office from 10 AM to 3 PM, which coincided with the brunt of the storm.  It was when I was able to get out that the snow tapered off.  So I told people at work that for superstitious reasons, surrounding areas will get more snow (As I would have otherwise been staying at a hotel north of the city).  Thinking that once again my work hours would coincide with the heaviest snow, I was a bit frustrated (and it led me to log off and not post from yesterday afternoon to a few hours ago).  Now that the heaviest snow looks to be in the early evening, I will see if I can work around getting out early.  If the snow accumulates on the Manhattan streets, I would wander through the streets of the city.  If it doesn't accumulate on pavement (like every snowstorm this season other than January 4th), I will take a train to the Bronx/Westchester to get in on the action (like I did on February 17th).  I work very close to the Grand Central Terminal in Midtown so I would go straight from the office to the snowtowns.  

I have been snow-starved from much of this season.  I hope I can get into some of that tomorrow as I am starting to get desperate....

Good luck Snow Wanderer. I hope you find your snow in one place or another tomorrow. You are due. I’ll be pulling for you (and my own area of course. Lol).
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:44 pm

JoeS I was in that storm I was ten We left Rocky Point at 6pm on the 18th Sun It was our summer home Heading back to the Bronx Was on Northern State Dad had 53 Buick What a nightmare We got stuck at the Queens Nassau just like hundreds of other cars Battery went dead Dad flagged down State Trouper He could only take us to subway Long story short arrived home at 6am It was Monday March 19th 1956 The Feast Of Saint Joseph Dads name day A miracle

oldtimer
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:10 pm

oldtimer wrote:JoeS I was in that storm  I was ten  We left Rocky Point at 6pm on the 18th Sun  It was our summer home  Heading back to the Bronx  Was on Northern State  Dad had 53 Buick  What a nightmare  We got stuck at the  Queens Nassau just like hundreds of other cars  Battery went dead  Dad flagged down State Trouper  He could only take us to subway   Long story short  arrived home at 6am   It was Monday March 19th 1956  The Feast Of Saint Joseph  Dads name day   A miracle

Wow I wan't born yet but my Grandmother told us stories about how bad it was; think the area got 20"

It's a storm I will always remember because of her.
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:10 pm

Then again, the 0Z RGEM has the snow beginning to taper off just as I'm about to leave work tomorrow....

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:13 am

oldtimer wrote:JoeS I was in that storm  I was ten  We left Rocky Point at 6pm on the 18th Sun  It was our summer home  Heading back to the Bronx  Was on Northern State  Dad had 53 Buick  What a nightmare  We got stuck at the  Queens Nassau just like hundreds of other cars  Battery went dead  Dad flagged down State Trouper  He could only take us to subway   Long story short  arrived home at 6am   It was Monday March 19th 1956  The Feast Of Saint Joseph  Dads name day   A miracle

Great story oldtimer! I can't remember that one but I can imagine all those old cars getting stuck.My Dad had a set of "snow tires" for our 1954 DeSoto which were half worn but when they were on, made the car sound like a Mack Truck once it got past 25 MPH,LOL.Those old rear wheel drive cars had terrible traction , and a lot of them were still running 6 volt electrical systems.I'm so glad you are on this board because YOU are the oldest head here,LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiILUT_Px84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJjihEGfAlQ

LOL, these young kids in here will never know this world we grew up in oldtimer!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:09 am

Thanks Doc Yea I listened to ole Blue Eyes Francis Albert I have the cassette of Frank at the Sands Vegas He had Count Basie behind him with his 17 piece och That was the best What the kids get today I have 3 grandsons from daughter I had a Band in the 70's Wedding Drummer Be well

oldtimer
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:25 am

I hope this is not an omen for this storm. Tried a new brand of coffee creamer with my morning coffee today. Not good. Ruined it. Hopefully the storm goes better. Mad
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:29 am

billg315 wrote:I hope this is not an omen for this storm. Tried a new brand of coffee creamer with my morning coffee today. Not good. Ruined it. Hopefully the storm goes better. Mad

Well I'm writing this one off then.

Hopefully we all have better luck next time.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 am

syosnow94 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Although I'm not expecting large totals here today I am posting early verification that I am starting the day with exactly 9 frozen compressed inches of snow on the ground and will be taking measurements from there.

Let's have a clean fight with no cheating today. I wont name names.

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 18 Img_1410
Fake news. Ruler was placed only barely in the ground. Later it will be pushed all the way through the existing snowpack vastly increasing to taps. Shoot if I measured like that I’d have 117” so far this season instead of 48”

But if I really have a lot more than 9 inches of snow still on the ground then I've been under reporting my previous storms. You can't have it both ways buddy.

Notice I said buddy instead of Guy. I'm trying to play nice today.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:04 am

Grselig wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Smittyaj623 wrote:STILL RAIN. Trying to mix ugh. I was all ready for finally a coasties storm Sad

You can't give up on a storm that may go past midnight at 10 AM or you'll never make it through the day.

Take your mind off the current and go to the weather stats thread, breath deep and read about the past. The Weather Stats thread is currently free but starting April 1 it will be $1 per month for subscription viewing. A bargain at any price.

lol! you are hilarious!! and yes I am the first to admit to the stress and the excitement one feels on the roller coaster of models that we have before a storm...to day just relaxing and enjoying the view of it unfolding...(dinner in CP/homemade bread rising/cookies baked)...now time for a cup of tea, lap top, and a seat by the window!!

Hard to find the thread in full panic mode. Before the Mad Taxman starts charging, here is the link. Please also find his link to a wonderful Tom Petty song.

https://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/t782p125-weather-statistics-thread?highlight=weather+stat

Tom Petty Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pdscKJp_58

Greslig You picked an absolute classic.

To me that is the best Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers song never released as a single. I kind of get it because it was from damn the torpedoes which had four hit singles on it as it was but this definitely should have been the fifth single released from that album. What a freaking great band and what a high-energy performance. And as Doc pointed out in this video, those screaming girls in the audience are now pushing 60. Where did the time go to go to?

Thanks for posting, just had to watch it again. I would dare anyone out there watch this video even if you're just a casual TPATHB fan or even if your not,and if you're not tapping your foot at the very least through the whole thing check your pulse because you must be dead.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:11 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Smittyaj623 wrote:STILL RAIN. Trying to mix ugh. I was all ready for finally a coasties storm  Sad

You can't give up on a storm that may go past midnight at 10 AM or you'll never make it through the day.

Take your mind off the current and go to the weather stats thread, breath deep and read about the past. The Weather Stats thread is currently free but starting April 1 it will be $1 per month for subscription viewing. A bargain at any price.

lol! you are hilarious!! and yes I am the first to admit to the stress and the excitement one feels on the roller coaster of models that we have before a storm...to day just relaxing and enjoying the view of it unfolding...(dinner in CP/homemade bread rising/cookies baked)...now time for a cup of tea, lap top, and a seat by the window!!

Hard to find the thread in full panic mode.  Before the Mad Taxman starts charging, here is the link.  Please also find his link to a wonderful Tom Petty song.  

https://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/t782p125-weather-statistics-thread?highlight=weather+stat

Tom Petty Song

To me that is the best Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers song never released as a single. I kind of get it because it was from damn the torpedoes which had four hit singles on it as it was but this definitely should have been the fifth single released from that album. What a freaking great band and what a high-energy performance. And as Doc pointed out in this video, those screaming girls in the audience are now pushing 60. Where did the time go to go to?

Thanks for posting, just had to watch it again. I would dare anyone out there watch this video even if you're just a casual  TPATHB fan or even if your not,and if you're not tapping your foot at the very least through the whole thing check your pulse because you must be dead.

Id prefer this one given the circumstances upon us as I put another log on the fire, and sit back in my favorite chair with a cup of coffee with my feet up looking out the window. But thats just me:

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am

sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Smittyaj623 wrote:STILL RAIN. Trying to mix ugh. I was all ready for finally a coasties storm  Sad

Hard to find the thread in full panic mode.  Before the Mad Taxman starts charging, here is the link.  Please also find his link to a wonderful Tom Petty song.  

Tom Petty Song

Thanks for posting, just had to watch it again. I would dare anyone out there watch this video even if you're just a casual  TPATHB fan or even if your not,and if you're not tapping your foot at the very least through the whole thing check your pulse because you must be dead.

Id prefer this one given the circumstances upon us as I put another log on the fire, and sit back in my favorite chair with a cup of coffee with my feet up looking out the window.  But thats just me:

Excellent

The perfect song for the circumstances you describe.

I would say that has to be from the last tour. Amazing 37 years later after the video I posted they sounded better than ever.

And I was a mouse click away from getting three tickets for the show in Atlanta last April and didn't pull the trigger. I have to let it go or I'll go nuts.

I like the drummer they got to replace Stan Lynch but no one could replace Stan Lynch.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Love both songs. Good to be King is on my Petty playlist. FYI, That was CP's song, not mine. Can't take credit for that. I think my favorite is Southern Accents. I also almost got tickets, but decided against it. Regret that decision. Although I did see the Eagles with Glen Frey a few years ago at the Garden. Only time I saw them.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchize06 Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm

hurrysundown23 wrote:TWC just said 3-5 inches more NYC/NJ area folks in Buffalo would laugh at this.  "BUST"
All u cats on here saying 12+ inches Godzilla Roidzilla Mothrazilla how bout "NoZilla"  try another hobby like paint by numbers.  Oh boy I better get the bread and mild fill the car up.  I watch this forum u dudes should leave to the PROS!  Can't make this stuff up!

Oh good you're back. Gives me the chance to remind you of the storm that you hyped up for CNJ where we got nothing.

hurrysundown23 wrote:This storm coming folks and it's a biggie.  Don't be fooled by today's temps and lull in atmosphere.  When this storm hits it's gonna throw snow rates down 1-2 inch per hour.  Central NJ right in the area where concerns are high!  

History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of man Godzilla!

Sure sounds like hype to me, none of which panned out. And this storm makes you 0/2 as this was your take on today...

hurrysundown23 wrote:Spring will arrive Wed with no snow whatsoever.  Trees will start to bloom in a few weeks.  What was a below snow season here in Central NJ now let's open the windows and breath the fresh air.

Again :NO MORE SNOW THIS WINTER SEASON"

I did not need a type of models to tell me this!

Don't criticize people that put the time and effort into making a forecast that's back up by computer guidance, climatology, and science while you make random assumptions based on nothing

Sanchize06
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Sanchize06 wrote:
hurrysundown23 wrote:TWC just said 3-5 inches more NYC/NJ area folks in Buffalo would laugh at this.  "BUST"
All u cats on here saying 12+ inches Godzilla Roidzilla Mothrazilla how bout "NoZilla"  try another hobby like paint by numbers.  Oh boy I better get the bread and mild fill the car up.  I watch this forum u dudes should leave to the PROS!  Can't make this stuff up!

Oh good you're back. Gives me the chance to remind you of the storm that you hyped up for CNJ where we got nothing.

hurrysundown23 wrote:This storm coming folks and it's a biggie.  Don't be fooled by today's temps and lull in atmosphere.  When this storm hits it's gonna throw snow rates down 1-2 inch per hour.  Central NJ right in the area where concerns are high!  

Sure sounds like hype to me, none of which panned out. And this storm makes you 0/2 as this was your take on today...

hurrysundown23 wrote:Spring will arrive Wed with no snow whatsoever.  Trees will start to bloom in a few weeks.  What was a below snow season here in Central NJ now let's open the windows and breath the fresh air.

Don't criticize people that put the time and effort into making a forecast that's back up by computer guidance, climatology, and science while you make random assumptions based on nothing

The funny thing is I wanted to point out his earlier ‘there will be no more now that Spring is here’ post today but didn’t want to embarrass him. Then of course he couldn’t help but embarrass himself.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchize06 Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:14 pm

billg315 wrote:
Sanchize06 wrote:

The funny thing is I wanted to point out his earlier ‘there will be no more now that Spring is here’ post today but didn’t want to embarrass him. Then of course he couldn’t help but embarrass himself.

Yeah, I mean I always believe everyone is entitled to their opinion even without evidence to back it up, but you can't then attack people who give reasoning behind what they think. I mean the NWS was more bullish on amounts than people here lol

Sanchize06
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Ok last comment by me. Lots of good funny comments were the result of the trolls.

If its a bust, its a bust. That's life. Make the best of it!! Like talking about Tom Petty songs. Maybe the next noreaster. Be it this spring, or next winter.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum