Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Re: Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:44 am

Grselig wrote:For all you "warm" weather lovers, I hope you are happy now.  The real crime of spring. Beautiful hopeful snowmen.  Murdered.  Melted.  Yes dead snowmen.

I’m surprised there are no chalk marks around the site. Just a terrible thing to see.

Another reason I’m hopeful that someday we will have the technology to destroy the sun and stop these senseless murders. Scientists at OTI have been working on this technology for years and hopefully we all live to see the day it’s finally perfected and deployed.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:01 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:For all you "warm" weather lovers, I hope you are happy now.  The real crime of spring. Beautiful hopeful snowmen.  Murdered.  Melted.  Yes dead snowmen.

I’m surprised there are no chalk marks around the site. Just a terrible thing to see.

Another reason I’m hopeful that someday we will have the technology to destroy the sun and stop these senseless murders. Scientists at OTI have been working on this technology for years and hopefully we all live to see the day it’s finally perfected and deployed.

“Actually Harry, as you know it’s not a planet it’s a star, and . .”

“WELL PLANET OR STAR, WHEN THAT THING BURNS OUT WE’RE ALL GONNA BE DEAD!”
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:13 am

My grass is getting green again, and I have some cleanups planned next week!
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:32 am

billg315 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

“Actually Harry, as you know it’s not a planet it’s a star, and . .”

“WELL PLANET OR STAR, WHEN THAT THING BURNS OUT WE’RE ALL GONNA BE DEAD!”

A small price to pay to not have any more spring melting and dead snowmen or snowwomen.
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:51 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

The men and women of OTI should be praised for their dedication to humanity!!!!!!! Good solid heroes!!!!!!!! I am hereby donating $300 billion of Elon Musk's fortune to fund the sun destruction research. All he asks for is an OTI tote bag.
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:15 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

A clear cut case of warm blooded MURDER!

This guy is on the case!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKllq_xIRY8
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:40 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

A clear cut case of warm blooded MURDER!

This guy is on the case!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKllq_xIRY8

“Well thanks for your help, I’ll show myself out. Oh yeah. I’m sorry Ma’am, before I go, just one more question. You said, the sun wasn’t out when the snowman, melted. But I can’t happen but notice, you said you didn’t see the melted snowman immediately because you went in to set your sunglasses down. If there was no sun, why the sunglasses?”
billg315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:36 am

CP. WHY DO YOU POST THIS FAKE NEWS BS. WE ALL KNOW WHO DID IT. IT WAS YOUR UKRANIAN HALF. THE ONE THAT STARTED OOTI. CMON MAN WE SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU.
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:37 am

By the way does anyone have the explanation for last weeks Godzilla from the guys like JB, and crankyweatherguy as to why they were insisting on only 3-6” total into the evening even as we were getting 2-3” per hour. I never heard an explanation. I’d love to know their thinking or lack therefore
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:08 am

syosnow94 wrote:By the way does anyone have the explanation for last weeks Godzilla from the guys like JB, and crankyweatherguy as to why they were insisting on only 3-6” total into the evening even as we were getting 2-3” per hour.  I never heard an explanation. I’d love to know their thinking or lack therefore

Jimmy, the only thing this post made me think of was that old tv show from the 1970's, Fantasy Island, where that little guy said to Ricardo "Corinthian Leather" Montalban..."the PLANE, the PLANE".Instead of the word 'plane" substitute "BANDS".Guess those weather  dudes did not see those bands were going to set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USfKJYZcUmI
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 am

Other than blowing the forecast at Syos house it is frightening how accurate Orange Counties late ground hog Othelia was with this years forecast. Her call for an apocalyptic like late winter into Mid April sends chills down my spine as I read it again this morning and the snow continues. Below is the post from February 2nd. I respect Frank, RB, Sroc, Mugs and our other long range forecasters but sorry guys she blew everyone away.

Repost from the February 3rd, 2018 Banter thread
I did some research online last night and I found the old poem referencing the tale of our groundhog "Orange Othelia" or Orange County Othelia as we now refer to her. I won't bore everyone with the whole poem, I'll just post the part towards the end where it references what happens should the groundhog see her shadow and then die the same day. It's very clear that the winter will continue for 10 additional weeks and be quite harsh even by mid 1700's standards. The poem does also reference the small area in Long Island that will somehow escape winters wrath. Although not specifically named as a town historians have identified the area referenced as what is now the town of Syosett. I'm only reporting the facts.

Below are lines 111 through 126 of the tale of "Orange Othelia"

And if Othelia sees her shadow
And on the same day she dies
The snows will get deeper
Than a tall mans thighs
The cold shall remain
Until the Ides of April
The sap will then freeze
On the trees that have maple
To flee to Long Island
Will not help at all
Except near the center
Where no snow will fall
It will be as a haven
Where it only will rain
While the rest of the Island
Suffers winters worst pain
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:02 pm

So this has turned out to be a decent snow season.  

Frank has done two "Season in Review" videos in the past, 2010-11 (which his brother assisted him with) and 2014-15:

Maybe another one?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli5783 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:43 pm

yesterday i got the new altice one cable from optinum...great picture..new item now is a 4k 55" television(samsung or sony)for the football season

mwilli5783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:28 am

Are the snow confidence numbers from Frank or Scott?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:41 am

Is there any place one can find current running seasonal snow accumulation totals for specific locations?
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:14 am

mwilli5783 wrote:yesterday i got the new altice one cable from optinum...great picture..new item now is a 4k 55" television(samsung or sony)for the football season

I got a Sony 55" 800E, great TV and not too expensive!
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:19 am

Math23x7 wrote:So this has turned out to be a decent snow season.

You can say that all you want, it doesn't make mine any better. In fact I would change my winter grade to a D-. This needs to END and NOW. I was supposed to be out doing cleanups Monday, it was the ONE day I had this week that was SUPPOSED TO BE DRY. We got rain yesterday, going to rain today, so even if it does stay dry tomorrow, it will be too cold and still wet to do any cleanups. Looking at the 10 day, it looks like I will lose all next week too now...

You people that keep wanting this snow are getting on my last nerves, and you can throw me off OTI... By the time I get these cleanups started, it will be time to start mowing, and with some mulch jobs that will need to be done, I will be 25 yards behind again this year! I was running behind most of last year!
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 am

Math23x7 wrote:Are the snow confidence numbers from Frank or Scott?

Frank

WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20"
WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25"
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85"
Dec 09th 2.75" (prev year's first snowfall Dec 11th coating)
Dec 14th 2.5"
Dec 15th 2.8"
Dec 30th 2.0"
Jan 4th 12"
Jan 29th-30th* 7.8"
March 7th-8th 9.2"
March 12th-13th 6"
March 20th-22nd 11.8"
April 2nd 6"
sroc4
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:51 am

mikeypizano wrote:

You can say that all you want, it doesn't make mine any better. In fact I would change my winter grade to a D-. This needs to END and NOW. I was supposed to be out doing cleanups Monday, it was the ONE day I had this week that was SUPPOSED TO BE DRY. We got rain yesterday, going to rain today, so even if it does stay dry tomorrow, it will be too cold and still wet to do any cleanups. Looking at the 10 day, it looks like I will lose all next week too now...

You people that keep wanting this snow are getting on my last nerves, and you can throw me off OTI... By the time I get these cleanups started, it will be time to start mowing, and with some mulch jobs that will need to be done, I will be 25 yards behind again this year! I was running behind most of last year!

Sorry to hear this ex Director of Landscaping but obviously you can no longer keep your position on OTI. I'm not even sure you're welcome as a visitor now. I'll leave the details up to our Chief Security Officer Arpaio, I mean SNOWMAN, but knowing his hard line views like I do I would guess there are already pictures of you being posted on OTI to shoot first and ask questions later.

If Mike were doing his job as a deputy your suspected warmacist sympathies would have already been brought to the forefront but as a suspected warmacist himself Mikes heart was obviously not in the investigation.

I'm going back to OTI now, at least until we officially annex the Banter thread.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX
XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:56 am; edited 2 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:52 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Sorry to hear this ex Director of Landscaping but obviously you can longer keep your position on OTI. I'm not even sure you're welcome as a visitor now. I'll leave the details up to our Chief Security Officer Arpaio, I mean SNOWMAN, but knowing his hard line views like I do I would guess there are already pictures of you being posted on OTI to shoot first and ask questions later.

If Mike were doing his job as a deputy your suspected warmacist sympathies would have already been brought to the forefront but as a suspected warmacist himself Mikes heart was obviously not in the investigation.

I'm going back to OTI now at least until we officially annex the Banter thread.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX

The only time I come back will be to spread WARMTH OVER YOUR CURSED ISLAND OF SIN!
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:55 am

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Sorry to hear this ex Director of Landscaping but obviously you can no longer keep your position on OTI. I'm not even sure you're welcome as a visitor now. I'll leave the details up to our Chief Security Officer Arpaio, I mean SNOWMAN, but knowing his hard line views like I do I would guess there are already pictures of you being posted on OTI to shoot first and ask questions later.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX

The only time I come back will be to spread WARMTH OVER YOUR CURSED ISLAND OF SIN!

When the Death Coconut is completed you may change your tune

May the Snow be with you

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:58 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX

May the Snow be with you

May you never see another snow storm for as long as you live...
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 am

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX

May the Snow be with you

It appears we have a first target to test the full operational power of the Death Coconut.

Good luck and text me at 914-976-1313

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:02 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XX XXX XXXXXXX

May the Snow be with you

It appears we have a first target to test the full operational power of the Death Coconut.

Good luck

Ha, you fool... do you really think you can stop me?
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:10 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Good luck and text me at 914-976-1313

Number doesn't work?
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast