March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

Re: March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II

Post by docstox12 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:51 pm

amugs wrote:I would love to see the new averages for snow since 2000 - Many will be way over the 30 year average.

Let the pattern dictate to outcome.

For those who were biaging about the February lack of winter and the wah wah here March has come back with a vengeance and we called it here back then - mid feb and many didn't believe - well do you now?? Even DT and some "other" pro mets were saying it wouldn't happen etc and we faced teh fire and as the GREAT TOM PETTY SANG -
I WON'T BACK DOWN!!!

We may have one or two left before we end this run peeps so dont put the shovels away just yet especially for N & W crew - April fools??

Absolutely right, Mugs, you and the rest of the crew, saw all this coming in Mid February when we were in the middle of that torch and I was outside smoking a cigar in a t shirt and shorts at 70 degrees.Amazing long range call that was spot on!

Ready for another! How about another April 1982?
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:33 pm

What a storm, especially for Long Island. And probably the trickiest storms I've seen from a forecasting perspective.

I have to say that I feel like I have the best weather family out there; it's an honor to be amongst such an intelligent, passionate group of people who understand what it's like to share in this obsession that I believe you're really born with. I remember being a young kid, sitting in front of the television and yelling at my parents to put on "the other news!" They finally figured out, due to my excitement when Harvey Leonard (Met legend in Beantown) came on, that the "other news" meant the weather segment of the broadcast. Very Happy

Thanks for yet another exciting tracking of a storm. Onto the next!
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by syosnow94 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Look at the difference in exactly 12 hours. March sun and 46 degrees. From 16” to 6”

syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:06 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
Look at the difference in exactly 12 hours. March sun and 46 degrees. From 16” to 6”

Same problem here! Crazy how fast it melts
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:52 pm

amugs wrote:I would love to see the new averages for snow since 2000 - Many will be way over the 30 year average.

Let the pattern dictate to outcome.

For those who were biaging about the February lack of winter and the wah wah here March has come back with a vengeance and we called it here back then - mid feb and many didn't believe - well do you now?? Even DT and some "other" pro mets were saying it wouldn't happen etc and we faced teh fire and as the GREAT TOM PETTY SANG -
I WON'T BACK DOWN!!!

We may have one or two left before we end this run peeps so dont put the shovels away just yet especially for N & W crew - April fools??

Ask and you shall receive, seek and ye shall find.

I posted the averages for 1991 through March 2018 which is the period that will be used for the next 30 year averages (1991-2020) when they are calculated in January 2020 in the weather stats thread. I'm sure you already knew that though because the weather stats thread has been seeing almost double digit views each week.

Below are the up to date monthly averages in New York City for January 2001 through March 2018.

Oct...Nov...Dec...Jan....Feb....Mar..Apr.....AVG
0.2....0.3...6.2....10.6...11.7...4.2...0.2... .33.4....Jan 2001- March 2018 Averages NYC

Of course you weren't getting away with that reference without my posting the video.

With two of the Beatles doing the background, George Harrison RIP, and Ringo Starr and Jeff Lynn accompanying on harmony and guitar and the Heartbreakers great guitarist Mike Campbell on lead guitar, the late great Tom Petty with I won't back down.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_packages&hsimp=yhs-pty_packages&hspart=pty&p=Tom+petty+I+wont+back+down#id=1&vid=d753a89c237782ed733540def90e3353&action=click

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Its 50° and melting fast!!!!! Built a snowman in the nick of time.
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28