NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II

+76
gigs68
Sparky Sparticles
bloc1357
SENJsnowman
gambri
dasmarque
Spacemanspiff99
richb521
Carter bk
toople
MattyICE
jimv45
Sanchize06
larryrock72
jake732
deadrabbit79
Math23x7
devsman
Snow88
emokid51783
marin1804
lglickman
Joe Snow
mwilli5783
skinsfan1177
cooladi
Smittyaj623
2004blackwrx
Lnda23
Aerojet514
Taffy
mmanisca
hyde345
Gator99
pdubz
Zhukov1945
SkiSeadooJoe
Scullybutcher
crippo84
hurrysundown23
Bobert2686
Blaze
mikeypizano
Grselig
amugs
frank 638
nujerzeedevil
RJB8525
Dunnzoo
dkodgis
mancave25
WeatherBob
essexcountypete
Frank_Wx
jmanley32
nutleyblizzard
dsvinos
heehaw453
brownie
algae888
snowlover78
dsix85
Vinnydula
docstox12
weatherwatchermom
CPcantmeasuresnow
adamfitz1969
Dtone
GreyBeard
aiannone
rb924119
SoulSingMG
Artechmetals
Fededle22
billg315
oldtimer
80 posters

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II - Page 28 Empty Re: March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II

Post by Dtone Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:38 pm

The great melt is on.
Mostly sunny and 48*
Mild + late March sun destroying the snow

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II - Page 28 Empty Re: March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II

Post by amugs Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:43 pm

I would love to see the new averages for snow since 2000 - Many will be way over the 30 year average.

Let the pattern dictate to outcome.

For those who were biaging about the February lack of winter and the wah wah here March has come back with a vengeance and we called it here back then - mid feb and many didn't believe - well do you now?? Even DT and some "other" pro mets were saying it wouldn't happen etc and we faced teh fire and as the GREAT TOM PETTY SANG -
I WON'T BACK DOWN!!!

We may have one or two left before we end this run peeps so dont put the shovels away just yet especially for N & W crew - April fools??

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:51 pm

amugs wrote:I would love to see the new averages for snow since 2000 - Many will be way over the 30 year average.

For those who were biaging about the February lack of winter and the wah wah here March has come back with a vengeance and we called it here back then - mid feb and many didn't believe - well do you now?? Even DT and some "other" pro mets were saying it wouldn't happen etc and we faced teh fire and as the GREAT TOM PETTY SANG -
I WON'T BACK DOWN!!!

We may have one or two left before we end this run peeps so dont put the shovels away just yet especially for N & W crew - April fools??

Absolutely right, Mugs, you and the rest of the crew, saw all this coming in Mid February when we were in the middle of that torch and I was outside smoking a cigar in a t shirt and shorts at 70 degrees.Amazing long range call that was spot on!

Ready for another! How about another April 1982?
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:33 pm

What a storm, especially for Long Island. And probably the trickiest storms I've seen from a forecasting perspective.

I have to say that I feel like I have the best weather family out there; it's an honor to be amongst such an intelligent, passionate group of people who understand what it's like to share in this obsession that I believe you're really born with. I remember being a young kid, sitting in front of the television and yelling at my parents to put on "the other news!" They finally figured out, due to my excitement when Harvey Leonard (Met legend in Beantown) came on, that the "other news" meant the weather segment of the broadcast. Very Happy

Thanks for yet another exciting tracking of a storm. Onto the next!
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Look at the difference in exactly 12 hours. March sun and 46 degrees. From 16” to 6”

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II - Page 28 4e016310
March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II - Page 28 D9e63c10

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:06 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
Look at the difference in exactly 12 hours. March sun and 46 degrees. From 16” to 6”

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II - Page 28 4e016310
March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations Part II - Page 28 D9e63c10

Same problem here! Crazy how fast it melts

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:52 pm

amugs wrote:I would love to see the new averages for snow since 2000 - Many will be way over the 30 year average.

I WON'T BACK DOWN!!!

Ask and you shall receive, seek and ye shall find.

I posted the averages for 1991 through March 2018 which is the period that will be used for the next 30 year averages (1991-2020) when they are calculated in January 2020 in the weather stats thread. I'm sure you already knew that though because the weather stats thread has been seeing almost double digit views each week.

Below are the up to date monthly averages in New York City for January 2001 through March 2018.

Oct...Nov...Dec...Jan....Feb....Mar..Apr.....AVG
0.2....0.3...6.2....10.6...11.7...4.2...0.2... .33.4....Jan 2001- March 2018 Averages NYC

Of course you weren't getting away with that reference without my posting the video.

With two of the Beatles doing the background, George Harrison RIP, and Ringo Starr and Jeff Lynn accompanying on harmony and guitar and the Heartbreakers great guitarist Mike Campbell on lead guitar, the late great Tom Petty with I won't back down.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_packages&hsimp=yhs-pty_packages&hspart=pty&p=Tom+petty+I+wont+back+down#id=1&vid=d753a89c237782ed733540def90e3353&action=click

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Its 50° and melting fast!!!!! Built a snowman in the nick of time.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum