NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minneapolis/Milwaukee/Toronto June 23rd-July 5th

2 posters

Go down

Minneapolis/Milwaukee/Toronto June 23rd-July 5th Empty Minneapolis/Milwaukee/Toronto June 23rd-July 5th

Post by Math23x7 Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:06 pm

This is only the second time in which I am planning my own trip (the other time being in 2014 for a simple trip to Maryland for three nights).

My current schedule is this: Fly out of LaGuardia at 11:30 AM Saturday the 23rd for Minneapolis, where I will be staying through Sunday, July 1st, then I will be taking a 7 hour long Megabus ride from Minneapolis to Milwaukee where I will spend two nights, fly from Milwaukee to Toronto the evening of July 3rd where I spend two nights (including a Mets @ Blue Jays game with The 7 Line army) before flying back to LaGuardia the evening of July 5th.

Looking at the model guidance, I am concerned about the close call regarding the rain for Saturday that may create issues with the flight. Also, it looks like early next week, Minnesota looks to have below normal temperatures with lows to the east. However, I see guidance is trying to really warm it up in the Midwest/Southern Ontario by month's end.

I would like some clarification on this as well as what you see in this region during that stretch.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Minneapolis/Milwaukee/Toronto June 23rd-July 5th Empty Re: Minneapolis/Milwaukee/Toronto June 23rd-July 5th

Post by billg315 Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Math23x7 wrote:This is only the second time in which I am planning my own trip (the other time being in 2014 for a simple trip to Maryland for three nights).  

My current schedule is this: Fly out of LaGuardia at 11:30 AM Saturday the 23rd for Minneapolis, where I will be staying through Sunday, July 1st, then I will be taking a 7 hour long Megabus ride from Minneapolis to Milwaukee where I will spend two nights, fly from Milwaukee to Toronto the evening of July 3rd where I spend two nights (including a Mets @ Blue Jays game with The 7 Line army) before flying back to LaGuardia the evening of July 5th.

Looking at the model guidance, I am concerned about the close call regarding the rain for Saturday that may create issues with the flight.  Also, it looks like early next week, Minnesota looks to have below normal temperatures with lows to the east.  However, I see guidance is trying to really warm it up in the Midwest/Southern Ontario by month's end.

I would like some clarification on this as well as what you see in this region during that stretch.

While not an expert on weather in the Midwest or Canada, right now I'd bet that you will see comfortable temps for the first part of your stay in Minneapolis (70s) with one rainy cool day in the 60s (Tuesday) but then hotter weather toward the last three or four days (upper 80s/near 90); In Milwaukee probably the 80s both days and Toronto the upper 70s to near 80 both days.  Precipitation wise there may be rain showers for your departure from LGA -- but the steadier rain should hold off until later Saturday I think so it may not impact your flight.  In Minneapolis you're mostly ok until Tuesday afternoon with rain Tuesday into early Wednesday morning (26 to 27th) which will keep Tuesday chilly.  There may then be thunderstorms early Friday morning.  In Milwaukee there may be some rain Sunday 7/1, but then clearing. I think Toronto is too far off to say with any certainty in terms of rain prospects.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum