December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by Dunnzoo on Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:29 pm

dkodgis wrote:I see your point. Ok I’m buying then for everybody as penance.

You and Hector are required to join us in NYC Sunday for your penance and to sacrifice your snow blowers geek

_________________
Janet

Snowfall winter of 2018-2019      7.75"

Snowfall winter of 2017-2018       50.15"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 3824
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 57
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by dkodgis on Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:31 pm

I submit but can it be tomorrow? That is where I will be: in the city keeping an eye open for board members
avatar
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 757
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2013-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by Dunnzoo on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:06 pm

1.21" total rain today... just awful

_________________
Janet

Snowfall winter of 2018-2019      7.75"

Snowfall winter of 2017-2018       50.15"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 3824
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 57
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by Radz on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:12 am

Got over 1" of rain again yesterday, can't walk across the yard because its waterlogged. Tell you what, if we do end up in a deep freeze after all this moisture, frost heave is going to play havoc on yards, sidewalks, and roads... no fear of that today 46.4° at 7am on Dec 29th... blasphemy
avatar
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 803
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:33 am

Radz wrote:Got over 1" of rain again yesterday, can't walk across the yard because its waterlogged. Tell you what, if we do end up in a deep freeze after all this moisture, frost heave is going to play havoc on yards, sidewalks, and roads... no fear of that today 46.4° at 7am on Dec 29th... blasphemy

Yes, and in the 50's on New Years Day! First week of January looks bad as well.In the 'make lemonade out of lemons" category, I saved money on snow plow costs and heat.

Clear, windy, waterlogged.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6414
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by weatherwatchermom on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:01 am

docstox12 wrote:
Radz wrote:Got over 1" of rain again yesterday, can't walk across the yard because its waterlogged. Tell you what, if we do end up in a deep freeze after all this moisture, frost heave is going to play havoc on yards, sidewalks, and roads... no fear of that today 46.4° at 7am on Dec 29th... blasphemy

Yes, and in the 50's on New Years Day! First week of January looks bad as well.In the 'make lemonade out of lemons" category, I saved money on snow plow costs and heat.

Clear, windy, waterlogged.
Good mornings Doc no saving here our freaking central air kicked in last night...lol house hit 73 inside and nest kicked in air Shocked
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2259
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 54
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by dkodgis on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:16 am

Same here, 46. Really bad fog last night, too. And yes, everything is waterlogged. Stay in one place too long and you start sinking.
avatar
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 757
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2013-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:28 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Radz wrote:Got over 1" of rain again yesterday, can't walk across the yard because its waterlogged. Tell you what, if we do end up in a deep freeze after all this moisture, frost heave is going to play havoc on yards, sidewalks, and roads... no fear of that today 46.4° at 7am on Dec 29th... blasphemy

Yes, and in the 50's on New Years Day! First week of January looks bad as well.In the 'make lemonade out of lemons" category, I saved money on snow plow costs and heat.

Clear, windy, waterlogged.
Good mornings Doc no saving here our freaking central air kicked in last night...lol house hit 73 inside and nest  kicked in air Shocked


Hey, Mom, that's funny about the Central Air kicking in.Reminds me of that old song..."It's June in January....."! You may need it again on New Years Day, it's going into the 50's UP HERE,LOL. "Oh, the Humanity"!!!!
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6414
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:29 am

dkodgis wrote:Same here, 46.  Really bad fog last night, too.  And yes, everything is waterlogged. Stay in one place too long and you start sinking.

Damian, that reminds me of those old movies where some Joker wanders into a patch of quicksand and all they find is the guys Pith Helmet lying on top,LOL.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6414
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by billg315 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:02 am

50* and Mostly Sunny. Just took down my outside Christmas decorations. Had to find some purpose for this warmth on Dec 29. Usually would wait until after New Years . . . But it will probably be either too rainy or too cold.
avatar
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 2414
Reputation : 124
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 44
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by weatherwatchermom on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:37 pm

docstox12 wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Radz wrote:Got over 1" of rain again yesterday, can't walk across the yard because its waterlogged. Tell you what, if we do end up in a deep freeze after all this moisture, frost heave is going to play havoc on yards, sidewalks, and roads... no fear of that today 46.4° at 7am on Dec 29th... blasphemy

Yes, and in the 50's on New Years Day! First week of January looks bad as well.In the 'make lemonade out of lemons" category, I saved money on snow plow costs and heat.

Clear, windy, waterlogged.
Good mornings Doc no saving here our freaking central air kicked in last night...lol house hit 73 inside and nest  kicked in air Shocked


Hey, Mom, that's funny about the Central Air kicking in.Reminds me of that old song..."It's June  in January....."! You may need it again on New Years Day, it's going into the 50's UP HERE,LOL. "Oh, the Humanity"!!!!
I know its terrible...lol I went outside and did a little yard clean up this morning...arrrrr.
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2259
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 54
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by mmanisca on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:34 pm

billg315 wrote:50* and Mostly Sunny. Just took down my outside Christmas decorations. Had to find some purpose for this warmth on Dec 29. Usually would wait until after New Years .  . . But it will probably be either too rainy or too cold.
Ha ha same here!! Got out this morn8ng before the breeze kicked up! Man getting tired of this lousy winter weather! Need the pattern to change soon!
avatar
mmanisca

Posts : 132
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 60
Location : Deer Park, Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by aiannone on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Hey all! My weather station is now live on the weatherunderground map. The name is "Saint James, NY Wx"
Here is a link:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNYSTJAM12&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash
avatar
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3659
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Saint James, LI (Northwest Suffolk Co.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by syosnow94 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:57 pm

Nice kid. Cong. now you can record all the rain and AN temps coming
avatar
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 3926
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 46
Location : Northeastern Nassau County. LI. N of LIE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by aiannone on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:28 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Nice kid. Cong. now you can record all the rain and AN temps coming

Hahahah shhhh
avatar
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3659
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Saint James, LI (Northwest Suffolk Co.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by crippo84 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:37 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Nice kid. Cong. now you can record all the rain and AN temps coming

That was seriously hilarious.

Calm and cool night in the city. Bracing for NYE rain. Sad that about a week ago we were speculating potential snow.
avatar
crippo84

Posts : 249
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-11-07
Age : 34
Location : Manhattan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by SENJsnowman on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:51 pm

Call me crazy, but I'll take as many days like this as this crappo pattern has to offer. Especially after yesterdays day long monsoon. Sunny, low 50s, light wind Sunday in late December...only one way I can think of to top that.

SENJsnowman

Posts : 343
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-01-06
Age : 45
Location : Bayville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by dkodgis on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:15 am

It is 30 degrees outside and it is snowing! A coating so far. A light snow.

What happened?
avatar
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 757
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2013-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by brownie on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 am

dkodgis wrote:It is 30 degrees outside and it is snowing!  A coating so far. A light snow.

What happened?
It’s snowing very lightly here too. Very light coating, only on the deck and cars so far.

brownie

Posts : 80
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-11-10
Location : Parsippany, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by Radz on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:34 am

31.8° light snow, ill take what i can get
avatar
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 803
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by algae888 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:40 am

31 degrees in light snow falling this morning
avatar
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4881
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 56
Location : mt. vernon, new york

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:41 am

29.3 and steady light snow, and that feeling of peace as I sit and watch.

Rooftops, driveways and roads covered.

Is it so much to ask in late December?

avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6004
Reputation : 152
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 57
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Historical thread

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by docstox12 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:41 am

OMG MERCY FLAKES for the snow deprived! A light coating, 30 degrees.Light snow falling.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6414
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by algae888 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:01 am

dkodgis wrote:It is 30 degrees outside and it is snowing!  A coating so far. A light snow.

What happened?
This is the pre-new Year's snow that some of the models were showing last week. this is just the northern stream S/W which some models showed merging with the southern stream to give us accumulating snows today
avatar
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4881
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2013-02-05
Age : 56
Location : mt. vernon, new york

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by HectorO on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:13 am

Coating outside in Bloomingdale NJ. Surprised to see it but at least its something.
avatar
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 797
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 2018 Observations and Discussions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum