NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

+46
Angela0621
Carvin
SoulSingMG
Irish
Joe Snow
lglickman1
RJB8525
ruggerij
adamfitz1969
Taffy
mako460
Math23x7
Scullybutcher
Quietace
algae888
dkodgis
essexcountypete
Vinnydula
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
brownie
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
crippo84
frank 638
weatherwatchermom
Grselig
amugs
rb924119
heehaw453
docstox12
SENJsnowman
Wheezer
jimv45
billg315
jmanley32
mikeypizano
hyde345
CPcantmeasuresnow
mwilli5783
Frank_Wx
HectorO
Radz
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
sroc4
50 posters

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 10 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:49 pm

SENJsnowman wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:Heck.  Winter is over (at least till the next threat).  Maybe the Mets will be decent this year.  In Wayne i don’t see any blooming yet.

Naw, Red Sox will win every game...

And get all the snow.  Tired Mad

So far B oston has had 0.2 inches of snow this winter season so let's not go there.

They had almost all rain from the Nov 15th system, other than 0.2 inches, that most of our area saw 6-12 inches. At least we had that, but it's becoming a distant faded memory.

This winter just plain blows.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 10 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by SENJsnowman Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
SENJsnowman wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:Heck.  Winter is over (at least till the next threat).  Maybe the Mets will be decent this year.  In Wayne i don’t see any blooming yet.

So far B oston has had 0.2 inches of snow this winter season so let's not go there.

They had almost all rain from the Nov 15th system, other than 0.2 inches, that most of our area saw 6-12 inches. At least we had that, but it's becoming a distant faded memory.

You know, that actually makes me feel better. A lot better! And it's an honor to be stat-checked by the Guru!

This winter has just blown...my most recent memory of snow involved thundersnow and 3-4 hours of 2-3" on the 3rd day of Spring! (Numbers are rough estimates only btw lol). My problem is, when it comes to snow imby, I am inflicted with incurable (so it seems) optimism. So, when I see 2 or 3 bad runs in a row, I just assume it's gonna wiper back in the right direction. Usually doesn't though...and this year always doesn't.

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm

syosnow94 wrote:I need medication. Hands down worst winter ever for me mentally with the expectations. Not even close. Help me CP.

Syos now that OTI is devoid of all life forms I've been spending time there and find it very relaxing.

Rates are way down now, but of course there's the whole radiation thing going on. Try to limit your time there to ten minute visits and don't forget to completely encase yourself in lead before arrival.

It's certainly a preferred destination over the snowless, soggy, cold when its' dry, mild when its wet, pie in the sky pattern changing, but never really changing Northeast.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:54 pm

SENJsnowman wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
SENJsnowman wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

You know, that actually makes me feel better. A lot better! And it's an honor to be stat-checked by the Guru!

This winter has just blown...my most recent memory of snow involved thundersnow and 3-4 hours of 2-3" on the 3rd day of Spring! (Numbers are rough estimates only btw lol). My problem is, when it comes to snow imby, I am inflicted with incurable (so it seems) optimism. So, when I see 2 or 3 bad runs in a row, I just assume it's gonna wiper back in the right direction. Usually doesn't though...and this year always doesn't.

I feel your pain my southern friend. And even though I know it's wrong, I too actually take pleasure and great joy knowing my nemesis to the northeast has seen only 0.2 inches of snow this season. We have to get some satisfaction from this God awful winter and unfortunately it's the best we can do so far.

Enjoy this weekends flurries and I hope you guys at least eke out 2 or three inches, here in the north land I'm expecting partly cloudy and nothing more.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm

Deep down I’m actually hoping that next weeks 18-20th threat doesn’t pan out either. I wanna see heads explode. I’m already so far gone in frustration that I don’t think anything can bring me back

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli5783 Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:01 pm

i opened up my garage today and the snow blower said"feed me" so i said maybe the 18th-20th period...."crickets then".....so i closed the garage.......

mwilli5783

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:41 am

mwilli5783 wrote:i opened up my garage today and the snow blower said"feed me" so i said maybe the 18th-20th period...."crickets then".....so i closed the garage.......
I'm calling BS on that event like the others lol. Temps are cold this weekend and next week. We have a slight warmup on Tuesday, temps again drop, and right before the 19th both lows and highs will be too warm giving us another rain event. Book it! lol
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:59 am

syosnow94 wrote:Deep down I’m actually hoping that next weeks 18-20th threat doesn’t pan out either. I wanna see heads explode. I’m already so far gone in frustration that I don’t think anything can bring me back

James i am with you bro. If our winter is from January 20th through February 28th you can have it. Even if we end up with 40 inch of snow during this time this winter cannot get better than a c average. you can't punt away two months of winter and call it good. I have to find another Hobby or maybe there's a pill you can take to get rid of this disease. Lots of rain storms on the GFS twins the next two weeks or cold and dry as the Euro and CFS are showing
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:08 am

algae888 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Deep down I’m actually hoping that next weeks 18-20th threat doesn’t pan out either. I wanna see heads explode. I’m already so far gone in frustration that I don’t think anything can bring me back

James i am with you bro. If our winter is from January 20th through February 28th you can have it. Even if we end up with 40 inch of snow during this time this winter cannot get better than a c average. you can't punt away two months of winter and call it good. I have to find another Hobby or maybe there's a pill you can take to get rid of this disease. Lots of rain storms on the GFS twins the next two weeks or cold and dry as the Euro and CFS are showing

Yes, this pattern is set in stone, rainy and mild then cold and dry.Worst parlay in a winter you can get.Now hoping for February and March.I'll accept a good 18 to 20 inches as compensation for this disappointing winter.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 am

January's + 7.1 degrees so far with the next seven days averaging normal should bring us to about plus five or so around the 16th. That's pretty awful after ending up plus 3 for December. I want to know what happened to the Davis Strait block that guidance was showing last week it has vanished no more negative nao on any guidance for the next 10 days at least just can't trust the guidance this year very frustrating
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:31 am

"just can't trust the guidance this year"

If this is true Al, it kind of changes everything. And as we approach the half way point, this more than anything appears to be the story of the winter.

Optimism is great, but only if its grounded in realism (speaking more to myself on this one..lol and  Sad at the same time).

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:48 am

So....Yankees Opening Day is when this year?

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:52 am

33 days til pitchers and catchers! LGM!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 am

After reading the LR thread just now I laughed to myself and then was overcome with rage. So long folks. Logging off. Maybe permanently till next winter. Can’t see this shit anymore. I’d say it’s been fun but I’d be lying. Good luck and good health.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am

Dunnzoo wrote:33 days til pitchers and catchers! LGM!

Now, THERE is a make lemonades out of lemons moment! LGM
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am

It’s the End if Times. This winter is proof. Also, just as telling, Baby Shark hit the Billboard charts.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am

Wow, 4 years ago today was our get together in NYC. I remember bringing my tablet to show everyone the epic pattern change that was going to turn our winter around. For the new members on this board - good luck trying to figure out who is who!!

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 10 1475952_870197456365348_6069410266810128168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am

algae888 wrote:

I agree. I am done with this winter. I want spring and I want it now. Call me a warmist all ya want, but I follow the money. There is no money to be made off snow this year. Come March, I need it to start getting warm enough that I can do my cleanups and mulch jobs BEFORE the grass is green. Nothing worse than trying to get a big mulch job done between mowing lawns...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 am

Before you 'go' Syo, I would like to acknowledge your perfect record for the past month. Whatever the motivation, every thing you said happened, including not buying all the great LR indicators. Not trying to make you feel better, just appreciating and congratulating your correctness.

[img]The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 10 4uc9jl[/img]

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 am

I've never been big on the whole "writing off winter" thing. Not really sure what it means as even if you write it off, it doesn't stop it from snowing later on (look at last winter: A Jan. 4 storm, followed by 9 weeks of essentially nothing, then non-stop snow events from March 1 to April 7). Winter will do what it wants to do regardless if we give up on it. All of that said, This winter is now halfway over with the only snowstorm being a freak unexpected mid-November event. We could finish strong again like last year, but even if we do, this is just not going to be one to look back fondly upon.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 am

Doc r u going to start buying shares of winter at value or short?
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 am

I said it several weeks ago but I will make my plea one last time.

When Mike the warmacist posted his poll about which Christmas would you prefer 1989 dry and frigid or the God awful record setting Christmas in July of 2015 and most on this forum voted for 2015 that’s when everything turned against us.

There are two things we can do to make amends. First and foremost that thread must be deleted by someone in power TODAY!!! The second step is we must find and exhile, at least until May 1, anyone that voted 2015.

Until these steps are taken we will continue dry and cold, mild and wet, dry and cold , mild and wet. When looking to place blame sometimes we have to look in the mirror. Those that ignore history are bound to repeat it.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by hyde345 Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:29 am

mikeypizano wrote:
algae888 wrote:

I agree. I am done with this winter. I want spring and I want it now. Call me a warmist all ya want, but I follow the money. There is no money to be made off snow this year. Come March, I need it to start getting warm enough that I can do my cleanups and mulch jobs BEFORE the grass is green. Nothing worse than trying to get a big mulch job done between mowing lawns...

My grass is still green and I'm in HV.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I said it several weeks ago but I will make my plea one last time.

When Mike the warmacist posted his poll about which Christmas would you prefer 1989 dry and frigid or the God awful record setting Christmas in July of 2015 and most on this forum voted for 2015 that’s when everything turned against us.

There are two things we can do to make amends. First and foremost that thread must be deleted by someone in power TODAY!!!  The second step is we must find and exhile, at least until May 1, anyone that voted 2015.

Until these steps are taken we will continue dry and cold, mild and wet, dry and cold , mild and wet. When looking to place blame sometimes we have to look in the mirror.  Those that ignore history are bound to repeat it.

Dude. Right on!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:33 am

Cp. when science lets us down it’s time to appease the Gods
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 am

billg315 wrote:I've never been big on the whole "writing off winter" thing. Not really sure what it means as even if you write it off, it doesn't stop it from snowing later on (look at last winter: A Jan. 4 storm, followed by 9 weeks of essentially nothing, then non-stop snow events from March 1 to April 7). Winter will do what it wants to do regardless if we give up on it.  All of that said, This winter is now halfway over with the only snowstorm being a freak unexpected mid-November event.  We could finish strong again like last year, but even if we do, this is just not going to be one to look back fondly upon.

It's understandable people writing it off. Technically speaking, this winter has produced 0 storms, because the event in November was Fall not winter. And there's no hope right now, even with the 18-20th event.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am

hyde345 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
algae888 wrote:

My grass is still green and I'm in HV.

Mine is not, I will post a picture, but I will rephrase it. BEFORE the grass is growing
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum