NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

+46
Angela0621
Carvin
SoulSingMG
Irish
Joe Snow
lglickman1
RJB8525
ruggerij
adamfitz1969
Taffy
mako460
Math23x7
Scullybutcher
Quietace
algae888
dkodgis
essexcountypete
Vinnydula
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
brownie
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
crippo84
frank 638
weatherwatchermom
Grselig
amugs
rb924119
heehaw453
docstox12
SENJsnowman
Wheezer
jimv45
billg315
jmanley32
mikeypizano
hyde345
CPcantmeasuresnow
mwilli5783
Frank_Wx
HectorO
Radz
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
sroc4
50 posters

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 11 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by HectorO Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 am

billg315 wrote:I've never been big on the whole "writing off winter" thing. Not really sure what it means as even if you write it off, it doesn't stop it from snowing later on (look at last winter: A Jan. 4 storm, followed by 9 weeks of essentially nothing, then non-stop snow events from March 1 to April 7). Winter will do what it wants to do regardless if we give up on it.  All of that said, This winter is now halfway over with the only snowstorm being a freak unexpected mid-November event.  We could finish strong again like last year, but even if we do, this is just not going to be one to look back fondly upon.

It's understandable people writing it off. Technically speaking, this winter has produced 0 storms, because the event in November was Fall not winter. And there's no hope right now, even with the 18-20th event.

HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 11 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am

hyde345 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
algae888 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Deep down I’m actually hoping that next weeks 18-20th threat doesn’t pan out either. I wanna see heads explode. I’m already so far gone in frustration that I don’t think anything can bring me back

James i am with you bro. If our winter is from January 20th through February 28th you can have it. Even if we end up with 40 inch of snow during this time this winter cannot get better than a c average. you can't punt away two months of winter and call it good. I have to find another Hobby or maybe there's a pill you can take to get rid of this disease. Lots of rain storms on the GFS twins the next two weeks or cold and dry as the Euro and CFS are showing

I agree. I am done with this winter. I want spring and I want it now. Call me a warmist all ya want, but I follow the money. There is no money to be made off snow this year. Come March, I need it to start getting warm enough that I can do my cleanups and mulch jobs BEFORE the grass is green. Nothing worse than trying to get a big mulch job done between mowing lawns...

My grass is still green and I'm in HV.

Mine is not, I will post a picture, but I will rephrase it. BEFORE the grass is growing

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 am

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 11 9a6c0310
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 am

Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I said it several weeks ago but I will make my plea one last time.

When Mike the warmacist posted his poll about which Christmas would you prefer 1989 dry and frigid or the God awful record setting Christmas in July of 2015 and most on this forum voted for 2015 that’s when everything turned against us.

There are two things we can do to make amends. First and foremost that thread must be deleted by someone in power TODAY!!!  The second step is we must find and exhile, at least until May 1, anyone that voted 2015.

Until these steps are taken we will continue dry and cold, mild and wet, dry and cold , mild and wet. When looking to place blame sometimes we have to look in the mirror.  Those that ignore history are bound to repeat it.

Dude. Right on!

Thank God for clear headed thinkers Like yourself.

If we can’t resort to finger pointing, scapegoating and superstition during these desperate times what do we turn to , science? I think we all see too clearly where science has gotten us, MJO and pattern change Hell thats where.

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:49 am

HectorO wrote:
billg315 wrote:I've never been big on the whole "writing off winter" thing. Not really sure what it means as even if you write it off, it doesn't stop it from snowing later on (look at last winter: A Jan. 4 storm, followed by 9 weeks of essentially nothing, then non-stop snow events from March 1 to April 7). Winter will do what it wants to do regardless if we give up on it.  All of that said, This winter is now halfway over with the only snowstorm being a freak unexpected mid-November event.  We could finish strong again like last year, but even if we do, this is just not going to be one to look back fondly upon.

It's understandable people writing it off. Technically speaking, this winter has produced 0 storms, because the event in November was Fall not winter. And there's no hope right now, even with the 18-20th event.

Only if we hear what CP is preaching!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:58 am

I voted for 1989 so I'm fine with exile for people who voted for 2015. Although if we don't get a decent snow event soon, I may exile myself until May.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli5783 Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 am

im a yankee fan(since 1965)machado situation(realization were not getting him)that's ok still have andujar we'll be ok...btw i have a great yankee trivia question so i might expose it here

mwilli5783

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 am

mikeypizano wrote:The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 11 9a6c0310

Is that 1 '46 or '47 Ford I see there Mikey P?
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Not ready to give up yet!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:33 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:Not ready to give up yet!

Looks like we have 2 camps: The Crankpots and the Dreamers.

The respective rosters are pretty obvious at this point!  lol

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:33 pm

docstox12 wrote:

You would need to ask my neighbor, its his car.

Edit: Looked at his facebook page, it is a 46
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli5783 Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 pm

yankee trivia question:name the 2 yankees involved in a outfield collision and as a result one of them retired the following year,the other one was released but was picked up by the phillies but was let go because he was never the same player..i'll post answer at 1pm.....

mwilli5783

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I said it several weeks ago but I will make my plea one last time.

When Mike the warmacist posted his poll about which Christmas would you prefer 1989 dry and frigid or the God awful record setting Christmas in July of 2015 and most on this forum voted for 2015 that’s when everything turned against us.

There are two things we can do to make amends. First and foremost that thread must be deleted by someone in power TODAY!!!  The second step is we must find and exhile, at least until May 1, anyone that voted 2015.

Until these steps are taken we will continue dry and cold, mild and wet, dry and cold , mild and wet. When looking to place blame sometimes we have to look in the mirror.  Those that ignore history are bound to repeat it.

Dude. Right on!

If we can’t resort to finger pointing, scapegoating and superstition during these desperate times what do we turn to , science? I think we all see too clearly where science has gotten us, MJO and pattern change Hell thats where.

Science and technology have caused us nothing but heartbreak. Smart Phones, Justin Bieber, flat screen tv's, antibiotics, airplanes, GMO's, the horseless carriage, cloning, Amazon.com, the remote control, The Dallas Cowboys, and this winter.  I've had enough.  Down with logic.  I say we chase down the Warmacists and teach them a lesson.  Kinda what George Bailey did to Mr. Potter in this lost scene from a classic flick.  

Last edited by Grselig on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 pm

Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:

Dude. Right on!

Science and technology have caused us nothing but heartbreak. Smart Phones, flat screen tv's, antibiotics, airplanes, GMO's, the horseless carriage, cloning, Amazon.com, the remote control and this winter.  I've had enough.  Down with logic.  I say we chase down the Warmacists and teach them a lesson.  Kinda what George Bailey did to Mr. Potter in this lost scene from a classic flick.  

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:17 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

As a kid in the late 50's and early 60's I knew every car from '46 to '58 memorizing the Chilton Manual where they had the front of the car with the grills and hood ornaments.There were a lot of these old heaps on the road up to 1965,LOL.You had to put on "snow tires" or chains in winter weather.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:19 pm

docstox12 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

As a kid in the late 50's and early 60's I knew every car from '46 to '58 memorizing the Chilton Manual where they had the front of the car with the grills and hood ornaments.There were a lot of these old heaps on the road up to 1965,LOL.You had to put on "snow tires" or chains in winter weather.

Definitely don't need them this year!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:21 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Is that a drone?
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:23 pm

HectorO wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Is that a drone?

Yes, a DJI Spark to be exact.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:52 pm

docstox12 wrote:
dkodgis wrote:Doc, do you still have the cube? I still have mine

Damian, I think I may have it stored somewhere amongst the detritus of my life.My Mom and Dad bought me mine way back when as they knew of my interest in weather.It was the best thing ever back then, a direct line to NOOA.I remember a radio station, maybe WNEW AM, that played the current NOOA tape as their weather forecast.When you owned the cube, you had your own 24/7.

Hey Doc, just reading over this thread, I never had the cube, but do you recall being able to dial WE6-1212 from your home phone and you could get a recording of the weather forecast? Only dinosaurs like us would remember that lol.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:22 am

GreyBeard wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
dkodgis wrote:Doc, do you still have the cube? I still have mine

Damian, I think I may have it stored somewhere amongst the detritus of my life.My Mom and Dad bought me mine way back when as they knew of my interest in weather.It was the best thing ever back then, a direct line to NOOA.I remember a radio station, maybe WNEW AM, that played the current NOOA tape as their weather forecast.When you owned the cube, you had your own 24/7.

Hey Doc, just reading over this thread, I never had the cube, but do you recall being able to dial WE6-1212 from your home phone and you could get a recording of the weather forecast? Only dinosaurs like us would remember that lol.

LOL, Greybeard I sure do.It cost 10 cents and I rang up such a bill when I was 11 or 12 my Dad had a conniption fit,LOL.WPIX had a weatherman, Pat Hernon , who would advertise that number.In fact, the beginning of his WPIX weather program had an old phone dial( tell that one to the millenials,LOL) with that dial sound,dialing out that WE6-1212 to the background music of "It's A Lovely Day Today" or something like that.Happy Days my Friend!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:46 am

Frank_Wx wrote:Wow, 4 years ago today was our get together in NYC. I remember bringing my tablet to show everyone the epic pattern change that was going to turn our winter around. For the new members on this board - good luck trying to figure out who is who!!

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 11 1475952_870197456365348_6069410266810128168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2
Wow. What a throwback.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 am

Wow. CP, our discussion of finding the evil Warmacist wrongdoers has already yielded significant verifiable results with change for the betterment of the Winter World. Good stuff. I've seen clown maps of the 21st storm and they are indeed impressive.

Post by Frank_Wx Today at 8:07 am

"Significant pattern reversal on the ensembles beginning around the 20th into February. It looks like we will have a solid 3-4 week stretch of sustained cold with ample storm opportunities. It will be interesting to see if winter lasts beyond mid-February into March, but let's not worry about that now.

"EPS show the anomalous -EPO ridge up in the western Arctic forcing the PV southward. This is a set-up that should disallow cutters and promote storms sliding to our south then up the coast. Lets see how it plays out!""
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:19 am

Every time I hear the words pattern change I want to punch someone... IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 am

mikeypizano wrote:Every time I hear the words pattern change I want to punch someone... IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!

Well, you know there will be a pattern change to warm weather soon enough! UGH
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 am

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of a cold and dry/warm and wet winter, I will fear no warmacist, or cutter: for Frank and the LR crew art with me; thy guidance and thy analysis, they comfort me.

Can I get an Amen?

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:19 am

I'm a bigger fan of summer and beach weather anyways, so it's all good. I just hope the damn rain stops already.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am

SENJsnowman wrote:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of a cold and dry/warm and wet winter, I will fear no warmacist, or cutter: for Frank and the LR crew art with me; thy guidance and thy analysis, they comfort me.

Can I get an Amen?

Amen

Not sure if u will get this reference or if i got it right. This is a tasty burger. Mind if i have some sprite to wash it down?

Last edited by Grselig on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum