The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 am

Grselig wrote:Wow.  CP, our discussion of finding the evil Warmacist wrongdoers has already yielded significant verifiable results with change for the betterment of the Winter World.  Good stuff.  I've seen clown maps of the 21st storm and they are indeed impressive.  


Post by Frank_Wx Today at 8:07 am

"Significant pattern reversal on the ensembles beginning around the 20th into February. It looks like we will have a solid 3-4 week stretch of sustained cold with ample storm opportunities. It will be interesting to see if winter lasts beyond mid-February into March, but let's not worry about that now.

"EPS show the anomalous -EPO ridge up in the western Arctic forcing the PV southward. This is a set-up that should disallow cutters and promote storms sliding to our south then up the coast. Lets see how it plays out!""

But as long as The thread of Mike "The King of the Warmacists" Poll still remains, the reversal will always be a week away.

We can't reverse the curse until we delete the thread. Any rational person understands this. We can deal with those that voted for 2015 after the fact.
avatar
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6006
Reputation : 152
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 57
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY - OTI Historical thread

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by SENJsnowman on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:37 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

But as long as The thread of Mike "The King of the Warmacists" Poll still remains, the reversal will always be a week away.

We can't reverse the curse until we delete the thread. Any rational person understands this. We can deal with those that voted for 2015 after the fact.

If there is such a motion on the floor, and I have a vote: Yea... or yay or however its spelled...just get that bad juju out of here!

SENJsnowman

Posts : 343
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-01-06
Age : 45
Location : Bayville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Grselig on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am

SENJsnowman wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

But as long as The thread of Mike "The King of the Warmacists" Poll still remains, the reversal will always be a week away.

We can't reverse the curse until we delete the thread. Any rational person understands this. We can deal with those that voted for 2015 after the fact.

If there is such a motion on the floor, and I have a vote: Yea... or yay or however its spelled...just get that bad juju out of here!


We need an admin. National Crisis has been declared!
avatar
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 962
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 48
Location : Wayne NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Grselig on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 am

The thread popped up on my phone but is gone! Maybe that will do the trick!
avatar
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 962
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 48
Location : Wayne NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Scullybutcher on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 am

You know it’s a terrible winter when the close the storm thread 48 hrs before the storm. Lol
Don’t worry we have another storm 10 days from now
avatar
Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 448
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : North Smithtown, western Suffolk county, long island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by docstox12 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:03 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:Wow.  CP, our discussion of finding the evil Warmacist wrongdoers has already yielded significant verifiable results with change for the betterment of the Winter World.  Good stuff.  I've seen clown maps of the 21st storm and they are indeed impressive.  


Post by Frank_Wx Today at 8:07 am

"Significant pattern reversal on the ensembles beginning around the 20th into February. It looks like we will have a solid 3-4 week stretch of sustained cold with ample storm opportunities. It will be interesting to see if winter lasts beyond mid-February into March, but let's not worry about that now.

"EPS show the anomalous -EPO ridge up in the western Arctic forcing the PV southward. This is a set-up that should disallow cutters and promote storms sliding to our south then up the coast. Lets see how it plays out!""

But as long as The thread of Mike "The King of the Warmacists" Poll still remains, the reversal will always be a week away.

We can't reverse the curse until we delete the thread. Any rational person understands this. We can deal with those that voted for 2015 after the fact.

lol! lol! lol!

Every time the pattern looks favorable,the curse changes it into something HORRIBLE.Kind of like THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVOE3UQKssY

Maybe if we all start wearing garlic around our necks it will ward off the curse.....until it's deleted of course!
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6414
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Math23x7 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:45 am

This was my reaction when I saw Days 8-10 of the 0Z EURO OP:


Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2148
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by billg315 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 am

Today’s Winter Storm Warning/Winter Weather Advisory map. And most of us will be lucky to see a few flakes tonight. Lol.
avatar
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 2414
Reputation : 124
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 44
Location : Somerville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by weatherwatchermom on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:36 am

A little punch in the gut every morning when you see nothing posted under the snow confidence index....here's to hoping tomorrow will bring a number
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2259
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 54
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by docstox12 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:56 am

billg315 wrote:Today’s Winter Storm Warning/Winter Weather Advisory map. And most of us will be lucky to see a few flakes tonight. Lol.

UGLY UGH worthy suppression depression map.
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6414
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Dunnzoo on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:17 am

Road trip to AC anyone? A little dinner, drinks and snow watching? drunken

_________________
Janet

Snowfall winter of 2018-2019      7.75"

Snowfall winter of 2017-2018       50.15"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017      45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014  66.5"
avatar
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 3824
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 57
Location : Westwood, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by mwilli5783 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:47 pm

i live in hempstead n.y(which they say is west of n.y)if by wednesday this storm hits the east coast hopefully 25+ stocking 2 bags of calcium chroride food,pepsi,popcorn and movies

mwilli5783

Posts : 133
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 64
Location : hempstead n.y

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by mwilli5783 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:17 am

reading the board today..now its 1/23 to february more storms(very good)...i feel the word"madonne"its coming...soon

mwilli5783

Posts : 133
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 64
Location : hempstead n.y

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by weatherwatchermom on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 pm

affraid affraid the weather channel has temp for me on Sunday at 50 Degree!!!wth
avatar
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2259
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 54
Location : Hazlet Township

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by mako460 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:19 pm

So mom I guess you better move than. You dont have much time between now and then to a buy a new house. Lol

mako460
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 345
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 52
Location : Gerritsen Beach Brooklyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Frank_Wx on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:06 am

Math23x7 wrote:Face it, all three of the upcoming lows (17th-18th, 20th, 23rd-24th) will cut west of NYC (perhaps way west). When it's not rainy, it's chilly. Meanwhile, the midwest will get clobbered with plenty of snow.

_________________
Snow Accumulation Archive - Cranford, NJ
2013-2014: 62.1"
2014-2015: 56.0"
2015-2016: 34.0"
2016-2017: 31.5"
2017-2018: 35"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
avatar
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 18539
Reputation : 264
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 26
Location : Cranford, NJ

View user profile http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by docstox12 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 am

Frank_Wx wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:Face it, all three of the upcoming lows (17th-18th, 20th, 23rd-24th) will cut west of NYC (perhaps way west). When it's not rainy, it's chilly. Meanwhile, the midwest will get clobbered with plenty of snow.

Young Vader, Math23X7, has fully gone over to the dark side of warmacism! As Yoda Dendrite would say..."To the dark side young Vader goes to"! Sad and shocking!
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6414
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by HectorO on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:52 am

Amazing, the temp for me in Bloomingdale for Sunday is 40 for a high and dropping to 1 degree and only a high of 17 Monday just in time for moisture to be in the form of rain Sunday and disappear Monday when the temps drop well below snow temps. You can't make this up. Even with the threat of 3 possible days to snow this weekend (or what was 3 days) this board isn't as lively as it used to be back in the day. I just think these unfortunate events have taken a toll on everyone and no one has faith anymore.
avatar
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 797
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by TheAresian on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 am

I'd be a lot more lively, but given the overall mood of the room it would feel like I'm having a one man party at a funeral.
avatar
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 877
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : Painted Post NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by docstox12 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:00 am

HectorO wrote:Amazing, the temp for me in Bloomingdale for Sunday is 40 for a high and dropping to 1 degree and only a high of 17 Monday just in time for moisture to be in the form of rain Sunday and disappear Monday when the temps drop well below snow temps. You can't make this up. Even with the threat of 3 possible days to snow this weekend (or what was 3 days) this board isn't as lively as it used to be back in the day. I just think these unfortunate events have taken a toll on everyone and no one has faith anymore.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE
avatar
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6414
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 68
Location : Monroe NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by SENJsnowman on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:42 am

TheAresian wrote:I'd be a lot more lively, but given the overall mood of the room it would feel like I'm having a one man party at a funeral.

Ha ha...I was in the same position last Jan 4 with the Shore being in the bullseye all week and everyone else hanging around seeing what if anything they could pull out. I kept thinking of the movie Major League and how willie mays hays took his celebration outside the locker room when he made the team. ha ha!

do you ever cash in big time on the ec blizzards, or are you too far west?


SENJsnowman

Posts : 343
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-01-06
Age : 45
Location : Bayville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by TheAresian on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:51 am

I'm generally too far west to cash in on the storms that clobber the coast. I live about 70 miles west of Binghamton.
avatar
TheAresian
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 877
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : Painted Post NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by syosnow94 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:09 am

syosnow94 wrote:2 post cameo then back to exile. I’ve been following but not posting due to this F- winter of bull crap pattern changes and snow chances. As expected rob nailed the last threat as far as being a non issue while so far parts of Virginia are at 20”+ for the season. He felt incredibly confident about this upcoming one but look at what’s happening. But don’t worry there’s more coming after this one. YEAH RIGHT.

RAIN INCOMING THEN INSANE DRY COLD. SEE YA!
avatar
syosnow94
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 3926
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 46
Location : Northeastern Nassau County. LI. N of LIE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Grselig on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 pm

My hazardous weather outlook from the NWS came back today. You know its been a bad winter so far when this is a ray of light.
avatar
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 962
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 48
Location : Wayne NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by HectorO on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:34 pm

docstox12 wrote:
HectorO wrote:Amazing, the temp for me in Bloomingdale for Sunday is 40 for a high and dropping to 1 degree and only a high of 17 Monday just in time for moisture to be in the form of rain Sunday and disappear Monday when the temps drop well below snow temps. You can't make this up. Even with the threat of 3 possible days to snow this weekend (or what was 3 days) this board isn't as lively as it used to be back in the day. I just think these unfortunate events have taken a toll on everyone and no one has faith anymore.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE

Haha, great flick!
avatar
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 797
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum