NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

+46
Angela0621
Carvin
SoulSingMG
Irish
Joe Snow
lglickman1
RJB8525
ruggerij
adamfitz1969
Taffy
mako460
Math23x7
Scullybutcher
Quietace
algae888
dkodgis
essexcountypete
Vinnydula
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
brownie
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
crippo84
frank 638
weatherwatchermom
Grselig
amugs
rb924119
heehaw453
docstox12
SENJsnowman
Wheezer
jimv45
billg315
jmanley32
mikeypizano
hyde345
CPcantmeasuresnow
mwilli5783
Frank_Wx
HectorO
Radz
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
sroc4
50 posters

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Grselig Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:48 am

It did not take my poop emoji. It was completely blank.

Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Amugs I’m copying this from your post because this is the issue I have so far and the reason for my frustration

Most pro's and LR indicators were showing a cold and stormy Dec back in November and even early Dec. John H and many others were calling for a period from mid Dec through Mid Jan to be rocking, then again from Before xmass/right after until mid/late Jan to be teh time frame now its from mid Jan. No one saw this evolution if the MJO that is destructively interfering with our sensible weather. The warm blob/+PDO in the EPAC has not been a major driver AT ALL even minor. Cutter after cutter and the thoughts that these would help the pattern have only hurt the pattern. We'll have punted 1/2 the winter by the time thes

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Since its not winter out, I flew the drone for an hour.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:11 pm

SENJsnowman wrote:RB, I greatly appreciate you weighing in and definitely want to follow up on the two main points: the N-S dynamic and the community dynamic. But, I got a busy day ahead, so I’ll get to that tonite.

In the meantime, I’ll just throw in that it looks like you left a couple of key ladies off that list of long-timers. If Mom and Zoo catch sight of that, tarred and feathered might be the least of your worries!
thanks for looking out for us ladies....Zoo/Janet is a someone who adds to the forum, I on the other hand have no knowledge of weather except what I am learning on this site!! Thanks to all the talented people on here! I am a part of the cheer section! and as a Mom I know what battles to pick..so I am staying out of the pen... Laughing Happy New Year and on to Happier Weather times!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:44 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:
SENJsnowman wrote:RB, I greatly appreciate you weighing in and definitely want to follow up on the two main points: the N-S dynamic and the community dynamic. But, I got a busy day ahead, so I’ll get to that tonite.

In the meantime, I’ll just throw in that it looks like you left a couple of key ladies off that list of long-timers. If Mom and Zoo catch sight of that, tarred and feathered might be the least of your worries!
thanks for looking out for us ladies....Zoo/Janet is a someone who adds to the forum, I on the other hand have no  knowledge of weather except what I am learning on this site!! Thanks to all the talented people on here!  I am a part of the cheer section! and as a Mom I know what battles to pick..so I am staying out of the pen... Laughing  Happy New Year and on to Happier Weather times!!

I'm with you Joanne! We Moms have to stick together! We can meet up with a bottle of wine and watch them battle it out! Happy New Year everyone! Hope we get some white gold soon!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hyde345 Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:37 pm

I saw a guy mowing his lawn today while I was driving. Totally serious.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:42 pm

hyde345 wrote:I saw a guy mowing his lawn today while I was driving. Totally serious.
me too. But “ just wait. This winter will be epic by December”. Never mind December 7th...... ( at this point just keep adding 7-10 days every ; 4 days of model runs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm

Looks like the Director of Mental Health needs to check himself into the Sanitarium. I'm surprised OTI isn't overrun with guests at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:57 pm

TheAresian wrote:Looks like the Director of Mental Health needs to check himself into the Sanitarium. I'm surprised OTI isn't overrun with guests at this point.

You’re really late. Already happened days ago

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:51 pm

hyde345 wrote:I saw a guy mowing his lawn today while I was driving. Totally serious.

He was probably mulching leaves.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:47 pm

mikeypizano wrote:

Exactly. Let's not lose all perspective here, lawns haven't grown for two months and we did have a decent snowfall 6-12 inches for the majority of the area in mid November.

With that said all hail Math23X7, the Warmacists now rule the weather world, the age of the snow weenie has ended.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by hyde345 Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:54 pm

mikeypizano wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure that's what it was, just saw it quickly when I was driving. It was kinda funny though being that its late December in the HV.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:54 pm

Dark dark times indeed. But i can still mulch and winterize (long autumnize) my still green lawn! How about the positive phrase “it’s warmest before coldest snowiest”? Instead of darkest before dawn. That does not work. Bad times indeed. My shares of winter are suffering in this grizzly bear market.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:04 pm

rb924119 wrote:But please, don't feel like an outsider here. NOBODY should feel that way, and if I/we have made you feel that way, I think I can speak for most of the "senior" members here when I say that I/we sincerely apologize for that, and will make a concentrated effort on resolving this issue not only for you, but for any/everybody else who feels similarly. That's not what this place is about; AT ALL.

And just like that, grievance resolved and case closed. Thanks rb, well said and really on point. Like your met posts. Thanks billg, sroc, mom and others for chiming in.

rb924119 wrote:As you surmised, many of us have "known" each other, and have been posting with each other now for a decade, or even longer (for me personally, this February will be a decade of knowing Scott (sroc), Frank, and Mugsy, with Al(gae), Doc, CP, and Tom (NJweatherguy, speaking of, haven't seen him a long while, hope everything is ok) not far behind). If I've forgotten any others from the old 7online board, please feel free to publicly tar and feather me lol As I just stated, many of us were involved with a weather board before Frank created this one in response a clear rift that developed there, and has since led that board to become defunct. Due to our experiences there, we do try our best to prevent that from happening here, as our goal is to foster more of a family-like atmosphere, not just some random chat board with people who just enjoy stirring the proverbial pot.

This is fascinating, though I understand you guys might not like re-hashing it. But it explains the very clear and quite impressive 'organizational culture' that Frank, Mugs, Sroc, yourself and others have set in place from the top down for the whole forum. And FWIW, it's worked...at least up until this week it had. Laughing

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:07 pm

Senj I hope moving forward things are better for you. But as far as the
Forum for example rb and Weatherwatchmom are relative newcomers. As am I (joined 2014)

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Goota love the incoming heavy rain and looks like according to 3km NAM we may need wind headlines for tomorrow. Honestly I am sick of it myself.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:13 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Exactly. Let's not lose all perspective here, lawns haven't grown for two months and we did have a decent snowfall 6-12 inches for the majority of the area in mid November.

With that said all hail Math23X7, the Warmacists now rule the weather world, the age of the snow weenie has ended.

Somebody has to have the guts to write this. (Not literally). Death by slow freezing and cuts by one thousand and one icicles to the Warmacists. No mercy.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:13 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Goota love the incoming heavy rain and looks like according to 3km NAM we may need wind headlines for tomorrow.  Honestly I am sick of it myself.

Embrace it. It’s the new reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:17 pm

I’ve been on the old abc site before it fell apart. Although there will always be hiccups this is civil and well maintained with level headed expertise and some well placed humor.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:46 pm

I will just enjoy it...

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 3 766f4810
The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 3 2c787210
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:21 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 3 2rzb6sm

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Sweet...now that I just figured out how to internet a little bit and load a picture, here is one I made the other day and could only attach it as a file.

Work is slow and I have a touch of insomnia, and all of my plans to learn how to track storms have fallen thru. So, I'm bored and do stuff like this. Hopefully its good for a chuckle! And just to be clear it's making fun of us weather weenies, not you mets. 'Night all!

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 3 Zk0u38

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:16 am

We’ve seen this picture before on here. It’s Doc and CP

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:10 am

TheAresian wrote:Looks like the Director of Mental Health needs to check himself into the Sanitarium. I'm surprised OTI isn't overrun with guests at this point.

Aresian, the Mainland's opening of this thread , it's own OTI Sanitarium, has caused a massive drop off in tourism and attendance at our Island.Government Officials have abandoned the Island and now my Assistant Director of the Sanitarium has succumbed to Snow Deprivation Psychosis.Dire times indeed for OTI, the few remaining Parliament Members are actually discussing closure of the Island and leaving a message for any few remaining tourists to visit the Rogue State of Weatherworld! It's been an amazing almost 5 year run of OTI, but as they say, all good things must come to an end!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:34 am

SENJsnowman wrote:Sweet...now that I just figured out how to internet a little bit and load a picture, here is one I made the other day and could only attach it as a file.

Work is slow and I have a touch of insomnia, and all of my plans to learn how to track storms have fallen thru. So, I'm bored and do stuff like this. Hopefully its good for a chuckle! And just to be clear it's making fun of us weather weenies, not you mets. 'Night all!

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 3 Zk0u38

LOL, good one SENJ.I hate to say this but your insomnia will only get worse! At age 68 I find myself frequently wandering around the house at 3 AM,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:13 am

Father time is hot on my tail, doc! Every time he takes a bite, I say "Ouch, but can I have another?" Those bites don't feel good, but they sure do beat the alternative.

And don't be so quick to shutter OTI! Remember, we've just now hit that vaunted post-Christmas time that was supposed to start all the fun. If this atmosphere doesn't get it's act together soon, I don't think this play pen can service the sheer volume, or severity, of the case load that will head your way.

Rather than close up, you may actually want to double down and get ready for a post new years OTI crush!

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:17 am

syosnow94 wrote:Senj I hope moving forward things are better for you.
Thanks Syo, looks like my pity party is done. At least until the next time I hear "Especially N and W of the city" again. But I don't see that changing anytime soon. Sad

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum