NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

+46
Angela0621
Carvin
SoulSingMG
Irish
Joe Snow
lglickman1
RJB8525
ruggerij
adamfitz1969
Taffy
mako460
Math23x7
Scullybutcher
Quietace
algae888
dkodgis
essexcountypete
Vinnydula
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
brownie
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
crippo84
frank 638
weatherwatchermom
Grselig
amugs
rb924119
heehaw453
docstox12
SENJsnowman
Wheezer
jimv45
billg315
jmanley32
mikeypizano
hyde345
CPcantmeasuresnow
mwilli5783
Frank_Wx
HectorO
Radz
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
sroc4
50 posters

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 27 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by HectorO Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Yea, I definitely will put more faith in Punxsutawney's forecast than anyone else right now. His long range can't be any worse than what we've seen already on these radars.

HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 27 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Grselig Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:29 pm

HectorO wrote:Yea, I definitely will put more faith in Punxsutawney's forecast than anyone else right now. His long range can't be any worse than what we've seen already on these radars.

The beast is correct 35-40% of the time. Yeah probably in line with current forecast. But Phil is a scam artist. Its decided even before the event when the hog has a conversation with the President of the secret society! Kinda like pro wrestling. Beware of Groundhog Mania I on pay per view. I'm betting against him.

Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Grselig wrote:
HectorO wrote:Yea, I definitely will put more faith in Punxsutawney's forecast than anyone else right now. His long range can't be any worse than what we've seen already on these radars.

The beast is correct 35-40% of the time.  Yeah probably in line with current forecast.  But Phil is a scam artist.  Its decided even before the event when the hog has a conversation with the President of the secret society!  Kinda like pro wrestling. Beware of Groundhog Mania I on pay per view.  I'm betting against him.

Have you ever been to a Jai Alai fronton? If you sit close enough you can see the number of the winning player stamped on the game ball...so the story goes... Chula! cheers

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:29 pm

heehaw453 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:For those brave enough who issued winter outlooks...it is not looking good if the forecast called for snowier than normal winter.

Also, anything that falls outside of Met Winter (like November or March) I do not count.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 27 51097633_10213685063183186_823354417578246144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

I think some actually still believe AN is still achievable. Steadfast and go down with the ship I guess. Albeit they probably count outside the DJF span.

They’re on mushrooms

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 pm

It was nice here today, 46, not much sun til afternoon, but I took out the drones. Few 3 batteries on Mavic Pro but only did 3 on Spark, sun was going down and my hands got cold.

Picked up this lil guy yesterday, until it gets to be spring, when I get a larger one.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 27 MCZZAHw
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:03 pm

Orange County Othelia did end up seeing her shadow yesterday but fell ill soon afterward. She is currently on life support at Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown. Her chances of survival are not known at this time.

The Orange County executive Office is currently combing through the 10,000 or so lines of the "Tale of Orange County Othelia" to see if this scenario is covered anywhere in the 275 year old epic poem.

I will update as soon as there is additional information. Our winter hinges on the outcome.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:52 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Orange County Othelia did end up seeing her shadow yesterday but fell ill soon afterward. She is currently on life support at Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown. Her chances of survival are not known at this time.

The Orange County executive Office is currently combing through the 10,000 or so lines of the "Tale of Orange County Othelia" to see if this scenario is covered anywhere in the 275 year old epic poem.

I will update as soon as there is additional information. Our winter hinges on the outcome.

Keep up the good work. People like you sew the fabric of society. Sadly after tonight’s cheaterbowl, evil has won.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:04 am

Going to be a beautiful day here today! 55 and SUNNY!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 am

My son has a 10:30 tee time tomorrow morning. February 5th. WINTER OF 2018/19

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 am

syosnow94 wrote:My son has a 10:30 tee time tomorrow morning. February 5th. WINTER OF 2018/19

"winter"
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:24 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:Thank you everyone!

For the record - I did not throw in the towel on winter. I stated we would be done UNLESS the MJO pulls through, and that remains a possibility for a storm threat Sunday into Monday.

However, I do standby my comment that we're unlikely to reach our normal snowfall for those that live along the coast.

CONGRATULATIONS FRANK!! party party

Not happy with the way winter is going..but thank you for giving us your view point...at this point I will be happy with just one storm!! the fact that we in this house went crazy with a 15 squall says a lot...lol..the video was too big for me to post...

Here's to at least one beast we can track and verify!!

Mom, I was meaning to mention to you the other day, as the squall line approached, I opened every window shade in the house and 'casually' assembled everyone as the squall came thru...thinking I was creating a really cool few minutes of nature's fury on vivid display. And...we got nothing. A bit of wind and a few flakes.   Rolling Eyes   Not gonna lie, part of me gave up right then. "We can't even get a stinking 15 min squall right this year!"

So obviously the little snowstorm* we had here last week was literally the greatest thing since EZ Pass. (Nothing really to speak of invention-wise since then, imo.)

*Yes, it was officially a 'snow storm'. Though just as a officially, it was a 'little' snow storm. (Source: Personal Interviews; Oral Histories; 2019).

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:10 pm

We had about 6 t times last February during the Godzilla EL Nino had t times all of Dec and the week after the blizzard in 2016-17. 
Not that uncommon. 

I don't get people that say if it cold an dry just give me warm. We live in the Mid Lattitudes above 40*N most of us and you want warmth do come two months from now the insects and deer tick population is through the roof??

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm

amugs wrote:We had about 6 t times last February during the Godzilla EL Nino had t times all of Dec and the week after the blizzard in 2016-17. 
Not that uncommon. 

I don't get people that say if it cold an dry just give me warm. We live in the Mid Lattitudes above 40*N most of us and you want warmth do come two months from now the insects and deer tick population is through the roof??

Would be nice if they could do something about them, my state sprays but not enough...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:41 pm

amugs wrote:We had about 6 t times last February during the Godzilla EL Nino had t times all of Dec and the week after the blizzard in 2016-17. 
Not that uncommon. 

I’ve been saying it until I’m blue in the face. The average high temperature doesn’t hit 70 in NYC until almost mid May which means the average then is still in the low 60’s. To expect sustained warmth from February forward is like saying I wish the world would just come to an end.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:41 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Not that uncommon. 

I’ve been saying it until I’m blue in the face. The average high temperature doesn’t hit 70 in NYC until almost mid May which means the average then is still in the low 60’s.  To expect sustained warmth from February forward is like saying I wish the world would just come to an end.

It's not that serious. Most of us say that because look at today. Beautiful and everyone was in a happy mood. Bugs don't bother me. I lived in Florida and parts of Puerto Rico where roaches are the size of a Samsung cell phone. However, I don't mind snow and cold here and there I just don't want those damn single digit high temps.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:24 pm

californiahttps://weather.com/news/weather/video/six-feet-of-snow-in-24-hours-fell-in-california

come on.....can we get at least some of that?????????????? between yesterday and today they currently have over 9 feet of snow!!!!!!!!!!! and it is still snowing
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Had a great day today!

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 27 7c4a0910
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:46 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Not that uncommon. 

I’ve been saying it until I’m blue in the face. The average high temperature doesn’t hit 70 in NYC until almost mid May which means the average then is still in the low 60’s.  To expect sustained warmth from February forward is like saying I wish the world would just come to an end.

LOL!! Yes so true. Those who are happy with this weather it's time of year, DON'T KNOW SNOW!! OR BO!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am

Here's a visual for ya. The mama bear represents this winter,the baby bear represents us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YcmAyFp8Lw

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:33 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Here's a visual for ya. The mama bear represents this winter,the baby bear represents us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YcmAyFp8Lw

lol! love that video!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm

shout shout GFS Model GFS Model GFS Model GFS Model Why is it nice enough to do yard clean up in FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRR...I ADMIT ITS NICE BUT COME ON...ITS FEBRUARY upset upset upset
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:15 pm

syosnow94 wrote:1.3”-1.75” rain next few days. Then snow which was mentioned in the NWS forecast by Upton on the point and click for Sunday now taken away. Cheers

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:1.3”-1.75” rain next few days. Then snow which was mentioned in the NWS forecast by Upton on the point and click for Sunday now taken away. Cheers

So posting the NWS 7 day forecast is now banter? In the same category as made up shit and drone flying. Wow.  Got it Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:10 pm

You know its bad when I am hearing a snowstorm for next week from my non-weather weenie co-workers and they look at me for confirmation and I am like oh god i gave up a long time ago, I don't even know lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli5783 Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:30 pm

my people frm tgt keep asking"where's the snow"?all i say is "when i know u will know"

mwilli5783

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:

So posting the NWS 7 day forecast is now banter?  In the same category as made up shit and drone flying. Wow.  Got it Shocked

EXCUSE YOU? Get back to OTI... :p I flew for a good 3 hours today! GREAT WEATHER for it!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:

So posting the NWS 7 day forecast is now banter?  In the same category as made up shit and drone flying. Wow.  Got it Shocked

The first sentence belongs in the February thread.
The second sentence is banter.

You're bad at this forum thing

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum