NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by HectorO on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:45 am

Soooo... for many, last night was considered the first Frost. I could have sworn in my area up in Bloomingdale we had one about two weeks ago. So is there an Indian summer to follow behind it?
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 886
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:37 pm

SNOW and high TS winds on this run, from next tropical system that drops a 922 MB bomb that retrogrades back toward the coast in LR....

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Gfs_re11
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 16861
Reputation : 100
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by HectorO on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 pm

Big warm up coming.. almost 70s by end of the week.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 886
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Math23x7 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:40 am

0Z ECMWF at hr 240 has 930 mb hurricane heading into the Gulf!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Ecmwfd10

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2250
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by HectorO on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:33 am

Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 886
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:47 pm

@HectorO wrote:Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?

I can not recall. Math may know, he has that type of recall memory unlikenus older folk LOL!

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11109
Reputation : 202
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 50
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by frank 638 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:27 pm

When will fall come back I am tired of this warm boring weather we should have this type of weather in the spring

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2140
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 37
Location : bronx ny

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by HectorO on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:35 pm

@frank 638 wrote:When will fall come back I am tired of this warm boring weather we should have this type of weather in the spring

That's an Indian summer for you man.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 886
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:26 pm

I am really not liking these back loaded winters suggested yet again, it gives us a bad advantage on the coast for snow due to sun angle and generally warmer temps. For myself I want winter well out the way by March for certain reasons. Then again who knows what this winter will bring in terms of the virus and potential lockdowns, who knows what will happen. Lack of snow may be the least of our concerns. I wil lsay the one thing I do not miss is shoveling, my bad shoulder will make it very hard for me to do any intense shoveling like years previous to the last two. We shall see, theres always a chance they are wrong I guess.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 16861
Reputation : 100
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:27 pm

@Math23x7 wrote:0Z ECMWF at hr 240 has 930 mb hurricane heading into the Gulf!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Ecmwfd10
well that was a mega fail, Eta shown here has never made much of herself other than when she hit mexico as a cat 4.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 16861
Reputation : 100
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:40 pm

TO ALL OUR VETERANS WHO HAVE SERVED, ARE SERVING AND HAVE SACRIFICED FOR DEFENDING OUR FREEDOMS, LIBERTIES, PROTECTING AND TAKING AN OATH TO OUR CONSTITUTION AND THE FALG OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY!! AS A NEPHEW OF A VETS I AM HONORED TO HAVE BEEN THEIR NEPHEW, FAMILY AND LISTEN TO THEIR STORIES WHEN THEY SHARED WHICH WAS LITTLE.

GOD BLESS THEM ALL AND GOD BLESS THE USA!! DON'T LET ANYONE, OR ANYONE FOREIGN COUNTRY TRY, TRY TO CHANGE THE FLAG, OR THE IDEAOLOGY OF THE CONSTITUTION WHICH IS THE BASIS OF ALL OF OUR FREEDOMS!!


Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTM3JSyH9uFB8svA6uCPm9mkMBC-wnxeMQbIA&usqp=CAU



_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11109
Reputation : 202
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 50
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by HectorO on Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:34 am

White towels are getting ready with all these winter predictions. The past few years towels were thrown early and the outcome of a bad winter stood. It all started when I bought my little snowblower.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 886
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:20 pm

The KOD Hector, the new snowblower!!

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11109
Reputation : 202
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 50
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Grselig on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:39 pm

@HectorO wrote:White towels are getting ready with all these winter predictions. The past few years towels were thrown early and the outcome of a bad winter stood. It all started when I bought my little snowblower.

You know what you must do. Very Happy
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1236
Reputation : 134
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 50
Location : Wayne NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by sroc4 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:14 pm

@Grselig wrote:
@HectorO wrote:White towels are getting ready with all these winter predictions. The past few years towels were thrown early and the outcome of a bad winter stood. It all started when I bought my little snowblower.

You know what you must do.   Very Happy

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Giphy

_________________
"Go hug a human, not a weather model"
“Optimism is great, but cautious optimism is more realistic”
"In weather and in life, theres no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20" (First snow Dec 8th)

WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00" [size=10](First snow Jan 17th)
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25" (First snow Dec 11th)
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85" (First snow Dec 9th)
WINTER 2018/2019 SNOW TOTALS 14.25" (First snow Nov 15th)[/size]
WINTER 2019/2020 SNOW TOTALS 6.35" (First snow Nov 12th)
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6556
Reputation : 285
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Analog96 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:26 pm

@HectorO wrote:Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?
Damn, I remember of the person, but I don't remember the poster's name.

Analog96
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 156
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-03-12
Location : Elizabeth, NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by sroc4 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm

@Analog96 wrote:
@HectorO wrote:Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?
Damn, I remember of the person, but I don't remember the poster's name.

Damn. It’s been awhile since IVe seen you post. Lol. And I too remember those discussions but can’t remember who it is.

_________________
"Go hug a human, not a weather model"
“Optimism is great, but cautious optimism is more realistic”
"In weather and in life, theres no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20" (First snow Dec 8th)

WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00" [size=10](First snow Jan 17th)
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25" (First snow Dec 11th)
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85" (First snow Dec 9th)
WINTER 2018/2019 SNOW TOTALS 14.25" (First snow Nov 15th)[/size]
WINTER 2019/2020 SNOW TOTALS 6.35" (First snow Nov 12th)
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6556
Reputation : 285
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:46 pm

@Analog96 wrote:
@HectorO wrote:Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?
Damn, I remember of the person, but I don't remember the poster's name.

Welcome back here Greg. The Ol' days of Atari Graphics maps LOL!

Davide Dilley presentation to the NJWO group this past Thursday - very very interesting and extremely factual. Start watching at the 18 minute mark and his presentation runs to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Enjoy



_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11109
Reputation : 202
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 50
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:18 am

@amugs wrote:
@Analog96 wrote:
@HectorO wrote:Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?
Damn, I remember of the person, but I don't remember the poster's name.

Welcome back here Greg. The Ol' days of Atari Graphics maps LOL!

Davide Dilley presentation to the NJWO group this past Thursday - very very interesting and extremely factual. Start watching at the 18 minute mark and his presentation runs to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Enjoy



Al, when these sunspots gunna fire up?
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1010
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2017-01-05
Age : 31
Location : Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:24 pm

@mikeypizano wrote:
@amugs wrote:
@Analog96 wrote:
@HectorO wrote:Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?
Damn, I remember of the person, but I don't remember the poster's name.

Welcome back here Greg. The Ol' days of Atari Graphics maps LOL!

Davide Dilley presentation to the NJWO group this past Thursday - very very interesting and extremely factual. Start watching at the 18 minute mark and his presentation runs to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Enjoy



Al, when these sunspots gunna fire up?

They have been over the last few weeks and we have two more incoming - not much flaring but spots are coming in Mikey. The white square one is incoming as it rotates in to face earth
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Nov18_2020_ahead

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11109
Reputation : 202
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 50
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by mikeypizano on Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:47 pm

@amugs wrote:
@mikeypizano wrote:
@amugs wrote:
@Analog96 wrote:
@HectorO wrote:Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?
Damn, I remember of the person, but I don't remember the poster's name.

Welcome back here Greg. The Ol' days of Atari Graphics maps LOL!

Davide Dilley presentation to the NJWO group this past Thursday - very very interesting and extremely factual. Start watching at the 18 minute mark and his presentation runs to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Enjoy



Al, when these sunspots gunna fire up?

They have been over the last few weeks and we have two more incoming - not much flaring but spots are coming in Mikey. The white square one is incoming as it rotates in to face earth
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Nov18_2020_ahead

I need more than that Al, I need all the spots...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1010
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2017-01-05
Age : 31
Location : Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by sroc4 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:14 am

@mikeypizano wrote:
@amugs wrote:
@mikeypizano wrote:
@amugs wrote:
@Analog96 wrote:
@HectorO wrote:Anyone remember who it was on the old ABC board who had their own snow making machine?
Damn, I remember of the person, but I don't remember the poster's name.

Welcome back here Greg. The Ol' days of Atari Graphics maps LOL!

Davide Dilley presentation to the NJWO group this past Thursday - very very interesting and extremely factual. Start watching at the 18 minute mark and his presentation runs to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Enjoy



Al, when these sunspots gunna fire up?

They have been over the last few weeks and we have two more incoming - not much flaring but spots are coming in Mikey. The white square one is incoming as it rotates in to face earth
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Nov18_2020_ahead

I need more than that Al, I need all the spots...

Not exactly sure what you mean Mike by "You need all the spots".  Not sure if you're being a ball buster or there is a serious inquiry in there.  But here is a good look at the spots shown by Mugs in the green image of the sun above and a snapping filament as well as a flare from the active incoming region in the White square that Mugsy pointed out from yesterday.  


_________________
"Go hug a human, not a weather model"
“Optimism is great, but cautious optimism is more realistic”
"In weather and in life, theres no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20" (First snow Dec 8th)

WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00" [size=10](First snow Jan 17th)
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25" (First snow Dec 11th)
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85" (First snow Dec 9th)
WINTER 2018/2019 SNOW TOTALS 14.25" (First snow Nov 15th)[/size]
WINTER 2019/2020 SNOW TOTALS 6.35" (First snow Nov 12th)
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6556
Reputation : 285
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:27 am

Scott, have you always followed Suspicious Observer Ben Davidson site and YouTube Channel? He is tremendous with this work and each day his videos are packed with information.

Mikey I think is being a ball buster for his HAM radio hobby which will be of great use or no use when things go awry with our geomagnetic electric sheet in the coming years.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11109
Reputation : 202
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 50
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by sroc4 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:57 am

@amugs wrote:Scott, have you always followed Suspicious Observer Ben Davidson site and YouTube Channel? He is tremendous with this work and each day his videos are packed with information.

Mikey I think is being a ball buster for his HAM radio hobby which will be of great use or no use when things go awry with our geomagnetic electric sheet in the coming years.

Mugs I listen to his daily video every day. I particularly love how He points out the sun and all it’s nuances every single day from the solar wind speed variations to the density of the wind, phi angle etc. what better way to educate yourself than to observe it yourself every single day with someone much smarter than me explaining what I’m looking at literally every single day. I still have a lot to learn and still don’t understand it but the daily education has def really helpful. Of course there is all the extra cool stuff he talks about. His plasma cosmology video blew my mind. He has so many great videos.

_________________
"Go hug a human, not a weather model"
“Optimism is great, but cautious optimism is more realistic”
"In weather and in life, theres no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20" (First snow Dec 8th)

WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00" [size=10](First snow Jan 17th)
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25" (First snow Dec 11th)
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85" (First snow Dec 9th)
WINTER 2018/2019 SNOW TOTALS 14.25" (First snow Nov 15th)[/size]
WINTER 2019/2020 SNOW TOTALS 6.35" (First snow Nov 12th)
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6556
Reputation : 285
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:22 pm

@sroc4 wrote:
@amugs wrote:Scott, have you always followed Suspicious Observer Ben Davidson site and YouTube Channel? He is tremendous with this work and each day his videos are packed with information.

Mikey I think is being a ball buster for his HAM radio hobby which will be of great use or no use when things go awry with our geomagnetic electric sheet in the coming years.

Mugs I listen to his daily video every day.  I particularly love how He points out the sun and all it’s nuances every single day from the solar wind speed variations to the density of the wind, phi angle etc. what better way to educate yourself than to observe it yourself every single day with someone much smarter than me explaining what I’m looking at literally every single day. I still have a lot to learn and still don’t understand it but the daily education has def really helpful. Of course there is all the extra cool stuff he talks about. His plasma cosmology video blew my mind. He has so many great videos.

Absolutely and I am buying his book. The Galactic Sheet and Nova series of videos on Climate Catastrophe is unnerving but so interesting and informative. Yes, I have learned so much over the last 4 years watching his daily and topicsal videos. Great stuff.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11109
Reputation : 202
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 50
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum