NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Happy New Year folks and 2021 is going to more wild than 2020 in many ways!!
Enjoy rhe night and 1st year of the 20's!

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11468
Reputation : 209
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by weatherwatchermom on Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:34 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2805
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 56
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Math23x7 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:15 pm

1) Last time at a concert: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, Palace Theater, Albany, NY, Mannheim Steamroller
2) Last time at a movie theater: Sunday, January 12, 2020, Colonie Center Mall, Albany, NY, Star Wars IX
3) Last time at a sporting event: Sunday, February 16, 2020, Times Union Center, Albany, NY, Manhattan at Siena men’s basketball
4) Last time eating inside a restaurant: Saturday, March 7, 2020, The Frog, Morristown, NJ (The NJ Strong Weather meetup)
5) Last time working in the office (and not remotely): Friday, March 13, 2020

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2273
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by heehaw453 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:13 pm

Happy New Year to all!

heehaw453

Posts : 1071
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2014-01-20
Location : Bedminster Township, PA

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by heehaw453 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:18 pm

LOL!  GFS has been showing the storm stall and crushing BOS with 2' of snow.  I wonder if this verifies?

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Boston10

heehaw453

Posts : 1071
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2014-01-20
Location : Bedminster Township, PA

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by brownie on Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:05 am

@Math23x7 wrote:1) Last time at a concert: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, Palace Theater, Albany, NY, Mannheim Steamroller
2) Last time at a movie theater: Sunday, January 12, 2020, Colonie Center Mall, Albany, NY, Star Wars IX
3) Last time at a sporting event: Sunday, February 16, 2020, Times Union Center, Albany, NY, Manhattan at Siena men’s basketball
4) Last time eating inside a restaurant: Saturday, March 7, 2020, The Frog, Morristown, NJ (The NJ Strong Weather meetup)
5) Last time working in the office (and not remotely): Friday, March 13, 2020
Last time at a concert: Dec. 29, 2019, Monty Hall, Jersey City, NJ, NRBQ

Last time at a movie theater: Feb. 8, 2020, AMC, Morristown, NJ, The Gentlemen

Last time eating inside a restaurant: Same as you!

Happy New Year  Smile. can’t wait to change those dates

brownie

Posts : 203
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-11-10
Location : Parsippany, NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Snow88 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:01 am

Happy New Year
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2104
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 32
Location : Brooklyn, NY

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:30 pm

Happy new year! My daughters friend was actually allowed home for two days from Sloan to spend new years with her family. She has the surgery next week nad the good news is they found no spread!! So her chances of making it through this, albeit long and not fun for a child are greatly increased. I believe she will still need Chemo.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17263
Reputation : 103
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Frank_Wx, amugs, rb924119 and Grselig like this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by rb924119 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:49 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:Happy new year! My daughters friend was actually allowed home for two days from Sloan to spend new years with her family. She has the surgery next week nad the good news is they found no spread!! So her chances of making it through this, albeit long and not fun for a child are greatly increased.  I believe she will still need Chemo.

It’s posts like these that:

1. Deserve a “love” button
2. Should remind us that, regardless of personal beliefs, (Christmas) miracles can and do happen
3. Made the start to my New Year a whole heck of a lot better

Continued love, support, and well-wishes/prayers for Ellie, Jman, and I think I can safely say that for all of us Smile

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5173
Reputation : 189
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Grselig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by sroc4 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Final call Map. tongue What a Face clown

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 5aa94810

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 SNOW TOTALS 43.65"
WINTER 2013/2014 SNOW TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 SNOW TOTALS 71.20" (First snow Dec 8th)
WINTER 2015/2016 SNOW TOTALS  35.00" (First snow Jan 17th)
WINTER 2016/2017 SNOW TOTALS 42.25" (First snow Dec 11th)
WINTER 2017/2018 SNOW TOTALS 62.85" (First snow Dec 9th)
WINTER 2018/2019 SNOW TOTALS 14.25" (First snow Nov 15th)
WINTER 2019/2020 SNOW TOTALS 6.35" (First snow Nov 12th)
WINTER 2020/2021 SNOW TOTALS 7.25"(First snow Dec 16th/17th)
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"[/size]
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6681
Reputation : 291
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

rb924119 and Grselig like this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:31 pm

@rb924119 wrote:
@jmanley32 wrote:Happy new year! My daughters friend was actually allowed home for two days from Sloan to spend new years with her family. She has the surgery next week nad the good news is they found no spread!! So her chances of making it through this, albeit long and not fun for a child are greatly increased.  I believe she will still need Chemo.

It’s posts like these that:

1. Deserve a “love” button
2. Should remind us that, regardless of personal beliefs, (Christmas) miracles can and do happen
3. Made the start to my New Year a whole heck of a lot better

Continued love, support, and well-wishes/prayers for Ellie, Jman, and I think I can safely say that for all of us Smile

Absolutely. Not spreading is ENERMOUS! As hard as it is there is a rainbow of hope. She still has life to live on this planet and her "job" on this planet is not finished. We all have experiences possibly of such but tnis a very good news. She is in great hands (besides the big man) and its the journey one day at a time, parts to whole process to manage such.
She has a positive support system and a strong, caring, loving one as such. With tnis she will overcome this wretched disease.
God Bless her, her parents and her support system.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11468
Reputation : 209
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

rb924119 and Grselig like this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Frank_Wx on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:52 pm

@sroc4 wrote:Final call Map.  tongue  What a Face  clown

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 5aa94810

This is great

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 19391
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 28
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Grselig on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:16 pm

@sroc4 wrote:Final call Map.  tongue  What a Face  clown

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 5aa94810

Somehow, for some strange reason, the area at the tip of the alleged "finger" (this is a weather map, so that is pure coincidence) is projected to receive over a foot of snow. Just that area.
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1277
Reputation : 136
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 50
Location : Wayne NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Irish on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:30 pm

Any of you guys into football/ fantasy football?

Irish

Posts : 211
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2019-01-16
Age : 42
Location : Old Bridge, NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:33 pm

https://electroverse.net/strongest-low-in-the-world-to-deliver-unprecedented-snow-to-b-c-and-nw-u-s/

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11468
Reputation : 209
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs on Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:13 pm

Dr. Roy Spencer from UAH is pretty close temp wise.  Nina affects at play here folks. The Southern Hemispherical oceans are much cooler than the northern.
Edited 1-3:
If we get the Beaufort Gyre to release more of the fresh water melt (from Pei - a very natural process from the Arctic region and they have found that volcanic vents from the earths crust are thumbing/fingering up into this region causing such this is not you nor CO2 but the normal cycle of this magnificent planet.

Tweet



Articles that talk about this.

Newly Discovered Greenland Plume Drives Thermal Activities in the Arctic[url= http://bit.ly/3pKIe4c] http://bit.ly/3pKIe4c[/url]
Greenland Surface Conditions http://bit.ly/2KXO5DF

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Eqwfx1oVQAAjSJS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Oceans
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Cdas-sflux_ssta_global_1
Global Ocean Temps are falling as well. You might say doesn't mean much but I cannot find it but every .1C is equal to X amount (very large voluminous) of water vapor released into the atmosphere which drives the weather
Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Global


What will Jan bring???


Last edited by amugs on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More Information added)

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 11468
Reputation : 209
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by dkodgis on Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Here in banter, a question about the Apple weather icon on an iphone. I see now I am getting alerts when I open the weather icon to see my weather (temps, precip, etc.) where I live. Then I see tonight a message that says "National Weather Service: Winter weather advisory for Orange County. Learn more>

When I click on the alert to learn more, I am taken to weather.com <---and what I want to know is how to turn this off. I have zero interest in treating with that website. I do not have any weather apps on my phone. I can't find anything on the web. Does anyone know how to turn this off?
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1376
Reputation : 97
Join date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Grselig on Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 pm

@dkodgis wrote:Here in banter, a question about the Apple weather icon on an iphone. I see now I am getting alerts when I open the weather icon to see my weather (temps, precip, etc.) where I live. Then I see tonight a message that says "National Weather Service: Winter weather advisory for Orange County. Learn more>

When I click on the alert to learn more, I am taken to weather.com   <---and what I want to know is how to turn this off. I have zero interest in treating with that website. I do not have any weather apps on my phone. I can't find anything on the web. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

Interesting. I don't have an Apple weather icon. I do have the Weather Channel app. You can turn off alerts from that app on settings, , on the very left top side of the screen, next to the bell image.
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1277
Reputation : 136
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 50
Location : Wayne NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Grselig on Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:03 pm

This mornin was fun. Have to do my workouts outside and the heavy snowfall happened just after I started and ended when I ended. Loved being outside in the weather.
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1277
Reputation : 136
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 50
Location : Wayne NJ

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Irish on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:50 pm

@Grselig wrote:This mornin was fun.  Have to do my workouts outside  and the heavy snowfall happened just after I started and ended when I ended. Loved being outside in the weather.

Snow?! Where? All I see is wet. LoL! Enjoy it Grselig!

Irish

Posts : 211
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2019-01-16
Age : 42
Location : Old Bridge, NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Grselig on Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:07 pm

@Irish wrote:
@Grselig wrote:This mornin was fun.  Have to do my workouts outside  and the heavy snowfall happened just after I started and ended when I ended. Loved being outside in the weather.

Snow?!  Where?  All I see is wet.  LoL!  Enjoy it Grselig!

At 9 in the morning. its all melting now. Hope you got something.
Grselig
Grselig
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1277
Reputation : 136
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 50
Location : Wayne NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Irish on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:39 pm

@Grselig wrote:
@Irish wrote:
@Grselig wrote:This mornin was fun.  Have to do my workouts outside  and the heavy snowfall happened just after I started and ended when I ended. Loved being outside in the weather.

Snow?!  Where?  All I see is wet.  LoL!  Enjoy it Grselig!

At 9 in the morning.  its all melting now.  Hope you got something.

Nada, but all good. Looking to the future.

Irish

Posts : 211
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2019-01-16
Age : 42
Location : Old Bridge, NJ

Grselig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by SENJsnowman on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:21 pm

I know, I know, I know.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Too far out, especially for -NAO and -AO times. And there's an intervening storm to boot, which makes this all the more meaningless.  But still, behold the 12z GFS for early next week!!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Gfs12z10Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Gfs12z11


SENJsnowman

Posts : 619
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-01-06
Age : 47
Location : Bayville, NJ

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Irish on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:01 pm

@SENJsnowman wrote:I know, I know, I know.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Too far out, especially for -NAO and -AO times. And there's an intervening storm to boot, which makes this all the more meaningless.  But still, behold the 12z GFS for early next week!!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Gfs12z10Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Gfs12z11


Get this baby in the long range!

Irish

Posts : 211
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2019-01-16
Age : 42
Location : Old Bridge, NJ

SENJsnowman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by SENJsnowman on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:25 pm

Lol!! Too soon Irish. Def need to be within 7 days, maybe even 4-5 days, plus the first system will determine what happens with this storm. Patience!!


@Irish wrote:
@SENJsnowman wrote:I know, I know, I know.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Too far out, especially for -NAO and -AO times. And there's an intervening storm to boot, which makes this all the more meaningless.  But still, behold the 12z GFS for early next week!!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Gfs12z10Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Gfs12z11


Get this baby in the long range!

SENJsnowman

Posts : 619
Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-01-06
Age : 47
Location : Bayville, NJ

Frank_Wx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 29 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum