NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 6.0

+40
Radz
kalleg
phil155
Wheezer
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
jimv45
brownie
Math23x7
SoulSingMG
mikeypizano
DAYBLAZER
SkiSeadooJoe
Joe Snow
essexcountypete
aiannone
heehaw453
frank 638
mwilli
Irish
Scullybutcher
algae888
bobjohnsonforthehall
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
Dunnzoo
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
HectorO
TheAresian
dkodgis
GreyBeard
Grselig
snowday111
billg315
WeatherBob
Frank_Wx
44 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 9 Empty Re: Banter Thread 6.0

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:52 am

dkodgis wrote:Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 9 Eb142310

Piper is BEAUTIFUL...Congratulations!!

weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

dkodgis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:50 am

dkodgis wrote:Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 9 Eb142310

Beautiful pup!! Enjoy they grow up fast!!

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

dkodgis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:54 pm

Today marks one year since the last time I ate inside a restaurant. It was at our meetup in Morristown. Us being in an indoor setting, doors closed, no masks, and with a bunch crawlers coming in for an early St. Patrick's Day celebration, which meant we had to raise our voice a bit when we were talking. All of that seems like a different era now. Yet, that was life as we knew it up until that point.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Frank_Wx, brownie and essexcountypete like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:31 am

Math, so true. Here is hoping we all have hobbies and ways to keep coping

Here is an interesting article about why the US has so many tornadoes. We have the set up.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/07/weather/us-leads-tornado-numbers-tornado-alley/index.html
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:53 am

Math23x7 wrote:Today marks one year since the last time I ate inside a restaurant.  It was at our meetup in Morristown.  Us being in an indoor setting, doors closed, no masks, and with a bunch crawlers coming in for an early St. Patrick's Day celebration, which meant we had to raise our voice a bit when we were talking.  All of that seems like a different era now.  Yet, that was life as we knew it up until that point.
That was the last time for me too.  I can’t believe that was a whole year ago.  For sure that meetup will always hold a very special place in my heart!

I am hopeful that things will be changing soon.  I go for my first vaccine shot tomorrow, and can’t remember the last time I wanted anything as much as I want that vaccine.

brownie

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:28 am

brownie wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:Today marks one year since the last time I ate inside a restaurant.  It was at our meetup in Morristown.  Us being in an indoor setting, doors closed, no masks, and with a bunch crawlers coming in for an early St. Patrick's Day celebration, which meant we had to raise our voice a bit when we were talking.  All of that seems like a different era now.  Yet, that was life as we knew it up until that point.
That was the last time for me too.  I can’t believe that was a whole year ago.  For sure that meetup will always hold a very special place in my heart!

I am hopeful that things will be changing soon.  I go for my first vaccine shot tomorrow, and can’t remember the last time I wanted anything as much as I want that vaccine.

You greatly reduce your risks of being hit by a car if you never cross the street, and wont get into a plane crash if you never fly, but we have to get out there and start living again. Now this doesn't mean being reckless and drink at a bar filled to capacity until 2 am esp if your in the high risk categories, but with a little common sense, sitting down with the people you have been interacting with already will not increase your risks. In restaurant dining has been open in many areas for a very long time now with the actual data showing this is not increased risk relative to other areas of society. We have to get back out to support our local restaurants who cont to struggle and barely hang on.

Obv everyone is entitled to their opinions and needs to do what they feel comfortable with; however.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 am

sroc4 wrote:
brownie wrote:

You greatly reduce your risks of being hit by a car if you never cross the street, and wont get into a plane crash if you never fly, but we have to get out there and start living again.    Now this doesn't mean being reckless and drink at a bar filled to capacity until 2 am esp if your in the high risk categories, but with a little common sense, sitting down with the people you have been interacting with already will not increase your risks.  In restaurant dining has been open in many areas for a very long time now with the actual data showing this is not increased risk relative to other areas of society.  We have to get back out to support our local restaurants who cont to struggle and barely hang on.

Obv everyone is entitled to their opinions and needs to do what they feel comfortable with; however.

I truly don't mean to offend you, but not everyone is in a situation to do what you advise.  No one wants to be back to living life more than I do.  I am not going to give a laundry list of why I can't take advantage of what you suggest (there are multiple reasons), but really, it's not always as simple as you make it out to be in your post.

brownie

essexcountypete and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:26 pm

sroc4 wrote:
brownie wrote:

You greatly reduce your risks of being hit by a car if you never cross the street, and wont get into a plane crash if you never fly, but we have to get out there and start living again.    Now this doesn't mean being reckless and drink at a bar filled to capacity until 2 am esp if your in the high risk categories, but with a little common sense, sitting down with the people you have been interacting with already will not increase your risks.  In restaurant dining has been open in many areas for a very long time now with the actual data showing this is not increased risk relative to other areas of society.  We have to get back out to support our local restaurants who cont to struggle and barely hang on.

Here her Scott! Live love and be friggin' happy stop teh gloom and doom, start showing teh positives like 99.?% are surviving this virus. Not OMG these number for people died today from it. How about this one - more kids died from suicide than from COVID in NJ in 2020. 5x more. Talking to 2 psychologists and 2 dr's who are friends said about 90% are from covid that are documented. Once restaurant opened back up I was tehre dining supporting them - now a few owners of such - and practiced what I needed to for my own personal protection. Self choice and responsibility is what we are all about and have been about. In the states that are dropping all restrictions if you want to wear a mask go right ahead no one is stopping you. We think in these states EVRYONE should follow us here...um wake up have you been to Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Colorado, Wyoming, Texas?? There are more farm animals than people is most states. Stage 3 cancer was no joke and this virus was not stopping me from living. Again personal choice but with a .000002% DR and .0003% infection rate in NJ at this time wth are we doing keeping 9million peeps at bay overall with restrictions? Again my own opinion. Ciao

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:35 pm

brownie wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
brownie wrote:

I truly don't mean to offend you, but not everyone is in a situation to do what you advise.  No one wants to be back to living life more than I do.  I am not going to give a laundry list of why I can't take advantage of what you suggest (there are multiple reasons), but really, it's not always as simple as you make it out to be in your post.

I 100% understand that Brownie. And I take no offense what so ever. And I too hope you take no offense to me either. I know nothing about anyone's individual circumstances, from their age to comorbidity to their family members health status etc. But the problem is now that we are a year out and have actual data and a much better understanding of who really is at the highest risks, how long its contagious, the vaccine becomes more and more available, etc. it is very clear not everyone has the same risks. Even the risk today for an 80yr old isnt the sam as it was a year ago, because of the knowledge we have gained over the past year.

The reason I post what I post is because there are many people who have been living in fear because of what they have been told and cont to be told by certain political leaders, and media outlets. Much of this is not based on the real facts and the real scientific data but something else. Obv the virus is still real. And yes it can still kill people, people absolutely need to cont to careful, and people cont to need to get vaccinated, but again not everyone has the same risks, so not everyone has to cont living in isolation. There are millions of people still isolating more than they need to at this point because of the irrational fear instilled by the politicians and media outlets. That's all Im saying.

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

amugs, CPcantmeasuresnow, brownie and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:55 pm

On a lighter note, my postponed trip to Florida is ON, this Thursday! My mom is 85 and had her first shot, I am fully vaccinated, and my hubby has not had his vaccine yet. We are taking the autotrain, booked a bedroom in the sleeper car to stay isolated, and staying at my brother's. No plans to do anything but sit by his pool with many many adult beverages! My hubby was a little nervous because the media is talking about spring break and it spreading again, but if you still take the precautions, wear a mask in public, wash your hands, and don't go to crowded bars or restaurants, you'll be ok. Yes, there are people that are at risk, but for the general public, we are almost there! Be safe everyone! bananadude

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Frank_Wx, kalleg, brownie and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:On a lighter note, my postponed trip to Florida is ON, this Thursday! My mom is 85 and had her first shot, I am fully vaccinated, and my hubby has not had his vaccine yet. We are taking the autotrain, booked a bedroom in the sleeper car to stay isolated, and staying at my brother's. No plans to do anything but sit by his pool with many many adult beverages! My hubby was a little nervous because the media is talking about spring break and it spreading again, but if you still take the precautions, wear a mask in public, wash your hands, and don't go to crowded bars or restaurants, you'll be ok. Yes, there are people that are at risk, but for the general public, we are almost there! Be safe everyone! bananadude

Janet, when my Dad was alive and had a little house In Boynton beach, I took the train from Newark Penn Station and back to visit them in 2002, 2003, and 2004.Hang out in the club car and you will meet some great people.In 2003, on the way back to Newark,I met Sammy Petrillo ( star of "Bela Lugosi Meets A Brooklyn Gorilla" where Sammy was a spot on Jerry Lewis impersonator.It was one of the best 5 or 6 hours of my life talking with him.He was in his 70's at the time and was visiting his parents in Florida who were in their 90's! He got up every 1/2 hour to have a smoke and his voice was hilarious pure gravel.In 2004, I met a "Grand Dame" in her 80's who had been in "The King And I" on Broadway with Yul Brenner and did some work on the "Have Gun Will Travel" Tv Show with Richard Boone.People are friendly and love to pass the time chatting.I have to stay up here to help care for my 100 year old Mom in Fort Lee, but when she goes to Glory, I will be spending 3 or 4 months in Florida for the winter (my wife hates cold and snow,LOL).I will use the Auto Train myself so I will have a vehicle.We will pack it with tons of stuff,LOL.Anyway, have a great trip on the rails!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:14 pm

sroc4 wrote:
brownie wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
brownie wrote:

I 100% understand that Brownie.  And I take no offense what so ever.  And I too hope you take no offense to me either.  I know nothing about anyone's individual circumstances, from their age to comorbidity to their family members health status etc.  But the problem is now that we are a year out and have actual data and a much better understanding of who really is at the highest risks, how long its contagious, the vaccine becomes more and more available, etc. it is very clear not everyone has the same risks.  Even the risk today for an 80yr old isnt the sam as it was a year ago, because of the knowledge we have gained over the past year.

The reason I post what I post is because there are many people who have been living in fear because of what they have been told and cont to be told by certain political leaders, and media outlets.  Much of this is not based on the real facts and the real scientific data but something else.  Obv the virus is still real.  And yes it can still kill people, people absolutely need to cont to careful, and people cont to need to get vaccinated, but again not everyone has the same risks, so not everyone has to cont living in isolation.  There are millions of people still isolating more than they need to at this point because of the irrational fear instilled by the politicians and media outlets.  That's all Im saying.  

I take absolutely no offense at all.  Hopefully we will meet each other at a future forum meetup.  Smile. I remember when you first posted that snow angels in your skivvies video, and can’t believe it was so long ago!

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:49 pm

brownie wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
brownie wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
brownie wrote:

I 100% understand that Brownie.  And I take no offense what so ever.  And I too hope you take no offense to me either.  I know nothing about anyone's individual circumstances, from their age to comorbidity to their family members health status etc.  But the problem is now that we are a year out and have actual data and a much better understanding of who really is at the highest risks, how long its contagious, the vaccine becomes more and more available, etc. it is very clear not everyone has the same risks.  Even the risk today for an 80yr old isnt the sam as it was a year ago, because of the knowledge we have gained over the past year.

The reason I post what I post is because there are many people who have been living in fear because of what they have been told and cont to be told by certain political leaders, and media outlets.  Much of this is not based on the real facts and the real scientific data but something else.  Obv the virus is still real.  And yes it can still kill people, people absolutely need to cont to careful, and people cont to need to get vaccinated, but again not everyone has the same risks, so not everyone has to cont living in isolation.  There are millions of people still isolating more than they need to at this point because of the irrational fear instilled by the politicians and media outlets.  That's all Im saying.  

I take absolutely no offense at all.  Hopefully we will meet each other at a future forum meetup.  Smile. I remember when you first posted that snow angels in your skivvies video, and can’t believe it was so long ago!

Absolutely! And I too cant believe how long ago that was either. Amazingly when I most recently went to copy and paste the link in here from my FB status it said the video had 3.2K views. I was kind of amazed by that actually. 3.2k in 6 years isnt exactly viral, but still. Its been 6 years since the video or approx 2172 days. That means it has, on avg, been viewed 1.5x's per day every single day since I posted it six years ago. That is your completely useless, Cliff Clavin, (If you get the reference) stat/fact of the day. tongue

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:34 pm

Who likes snow?? Raise your hand!!
cheers

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 9 Fmi_sw10

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 9 Ewai0c10

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:49 am

Can’t believe it has been one year. That day was a blast and Morristown is just now beginning to open up. Can’t wait to have the next G2G!

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:44 am

Reading Math's post brought me back to the 1950's when I was a kid listening to WW II vets, in their 30's at the time, talking about doing this "before the war" and doing that "after the war".The war was their great historical event, like this virus is for us.We have "before" and "after" the virus now.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 am

Dunnzoo wrote:On a lighter note, my postponed trip to Florida is ON, this Thursday! My mom is 85 and had her first shot, I am fully vaccinated, and my hubby has not had his vaccine yet. We are taking the autotrain, booked a bedroom in the sleeper car to stay isolated, and staying at my brother's. No plans to do anything but sit by his pool with many many adult beverages! My hubby was a little nervous because the media is talking about spring break and it spreading again, but if you still take the precautions, wear a mask in public, wash your hands, and don't go to crowded bars or restaurants, you'll be ok. Yes, there are people that are at risk, but for the general public, we are almost there! Be safe everyone! bananadude

Party it up!!!!

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:54 am

docstox12 wrote:

Reading Math's post brought me back to the 1950's when I was a kid listening to WW II vets, in their 30's at the time, talking about doing this "before the war" and doing that "after the war".The war was their great historical event, like this virus is for us.We have "before" and "after" the virus now.

Cant wait to tell my future kids about how much I sacrificed in one year so I can guilty them into doing something for me

Crown me best dad now why dont ya

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:47 am

Frank_Wx wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Cant wait to tell my future kids about how much I sacrificed in one year so I can guilty them into doing something for me

LMAO,Frank.Yes, a good Italian parent uses guilt as well as they use garlic and oil making the sauce ( or gravy) if you prefer.I was trained by the best, my Dad was the Yoda of guilt.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

essexcountypete likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:12 pm

...and just look at you now, Doc. Just look at you.

A fine, upright, outstanding citizen. A denizen of this board. An all-around really nice guy who writes well with insightful thought and wonderful shared memories.

You turned out, kid.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:10 am

docstox12 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

LMAO,Frank.Yes, a good Italian parent uses guilt as well as they use garlic and oil making the sauce ( or gravy) if you prefer.I was trained by the best, my Dad was the Yoda of guilt.

LOL lol! lol! lol! "The Yoda of guilt" I'll be stealing that one buddy.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:58 am

dkodgis wrote:...and just look at you now, Doc. Just look at you.

A fine, upright, outstanding citizen. A denizen of this board. An all-around really nice guy who writes well with insightful thought and wonderful shared memories.

You turned out, kid.

Thanks for that sentiment, Damian.This board is like "famiglia" (family) after so many years.I'm happy we all had a much better winter to track and enjoy.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:00 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

LOL, use it as much as you want,CP!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:59 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

LOL, use it as much as you want,CP!

Is it too soon and distasteful for exaggerations now.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:36 am

Doc, CP, SNOW, GreyBeard, do you recall this storm??

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 9 0?ui=2&ik=2b82a3487c&attid=0.1

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Off to sunny and very warm Florida, time to work on my tan base!  Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 9 1f334

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:45 pm

Crazy VEI 3 explosion from Sangay in Indonesia
So many other around the world are ready to blow. Etna had its 12th explosion today. You may not give a rat BUT when it starts to affect us you will then. These take time in making and it'll be in concert when it happens.
Iceland has had 3500 quakes of 1.0 to 5.5 this in one week's time.
Blocking the sun

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next