NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 6.0

+40
Radz
kalleg
phil155
Wheezer
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
jimv45
brownie
Math23x7
SoulSingMG
mikeypizano
DAYBLAZER
SkiSeadooJoe
Joe Snow
essexcountypete
aiannone
heehaw453
frank 638
mwilli
Irish
Scullybutcher
algae888
bobjohnsonforthehall
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
Dunnzoo
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
HectorO
TheAresian
dkodgis
GreyBeard
Grselig
snowday111
billg315
WeatherBob
Frank_Wx
44 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 10 Empty Re: Banter Thread 6.0

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Off to sunny and very warm Florida, time to work on my tan base!  Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 10 1f334

Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:45 pm

Crazy VEI 3 explosion from Sangay in Indonesia
So many other around the world are ready to blow. Etna had its 12th explosion today. You may not give a rat BUT when it starts to affect us you will then. These take time in making and it'll be in concert when it happens.
Iceland has had 3500 quakes of 1.0 to 5.5 this in one week's time.
Blocking the sun

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:34 pm

amugs wrote:Crazy VEI 3 explosion from Sangay in Indonesia
So many other around the world are ready to blow. Etna had its 12th explosion today. You may not give a rat BUT when it starts to affect us you will then. These take time in making and it'll be in concert when it happens.
Iceland has had 3500 quakes of 1.0 to 5.5 this in one week's time.
Blocking the sun

wow so many volcanoes going off all over the place do u think this will Effect us into a small global cooling

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:50 pm

Wed morning I had good snow cover. By Wed afternoon, the sun had put a real hurting on the snow and by yesterday afternoon, it was all over.

Whenever there are enough eruptions for ash to filter sunlight, it can get cooler. Mugs, I read that volcanic activity so far this year is not above average. Sure seems that way.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 pm

Down to 20% snow cover on my property.Howling winds now!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:39 am

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 10 Img_2020
Our girl crossed the rainbow 🌈 bridge last night..
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:49 am

Mom, we let that into our hearts that can hurt us so but if we did not, we would not have memories, not have anything. There is a season for everything under the sun. I don't know what else to say except bless you.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:38 am

dkodgis wrote:Mom, we let that into our hearts that can hurt us so but if we did not, we would not have memories, not have anything. There is a season for everything under the sun. I don't know what else to say except bless you.
Thank you for your kind words, she had the best life and the joy and laughter she gave us over her almost 14 years, will live on in our hearts..the house is so quiet, Dash is moping and getting lots of extra love and snuggles..I will say..I now know why dogs lay in the sun..we were laying by the front door catching the morning sun(if anyone passed by they probably thought I was nuts..lol), but it is calming and soothing. I hope all is well with Piper?!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:52 am

You’re welcome. Yes, Piper is firing on all cylinders. We have to watch for hawks and some juvenile eagles flying around. Some are nest building. We see these because we are so close to the Wallkill River and 23 mikes from the Delaware and 16 from the Hudson. Waiting for next week so I can do the spring clean up with the pup
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:17 am

Sorry Mom on the loss of your beloved pet.God bless.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:01 pm

I am so sorry for your lost Joeanne

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:06 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 10 Img_2020
I am so sorry to read this, Joanne.  Pets are members of the family.  I don’t know what I would do without my cats.

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:41 am

brownie wrote:
I am so sorry to read this, Joanne.  Pets are members of the family.  I don’t know what I would do without my cats.
Thank you, yes our animals are our fur babies...it's hard the house is so quiet..the house us so quiet..dash is moping all week..but we are getting on with giving him extra loving and car rides...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:00 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iceland-volcano/volcano-has-erupted-in-iceland-near-reykjavik-icelandic-meteorological-office-says-idUSKBN2BB2JZ
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:03 pm

https://www.livefromiceland.is/webcams/reykjanes/?fbclid=IwAR2XhsUBmE1vGFI108Gfh7loMOh5kuB1Xv2cmnQ-z_6gBiAbhybjA9t6FqE#google_vignette
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:39 pm

Mom so sorry to hear but she will always be by your side!! This past June our little fury friend did the same, its rough. There is a emptiness at times in our home since she is gone and it was tough in the beginning with the loss, she was family to you. But it eases with time.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:53 pm

Just now getting around to seeing this.

I am very sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. Cherish the memories and happy times Smile

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:34 pm

docstox12 wrote:Sorry Mom on the loss of your beloved pet.God bless.
Thank you!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:34 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:

Just now getting around to seeing this.

I am very sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. Cherish the memories and happy times Smile

Thank you!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:36 pm

amugs wrote:

Mom so sorry to hear but she will always be by your side!! This past June our little fury friend did the same, its rough. There is a emptiness at times in our home since she is gone and it was tough in the beginning with the loss, she was family to you. But it eases with time.
Oh Mugs, I am so sorry to hear that. Yes, it's difficult our house is so quiet, Dash is struggling, but we are giving him lots of extra hugs..and shhh don't tell his vet treats..
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:02 pm

Condolences on your loss wwmom. Over the years I have buried more pets than I care to remember, it never gets any easier to take. Thankfully, Dash is still with you to ease the pain.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:30 pm

Out of curiosity on my part, I am wondering how many of the "senior" members or any other eligible group have been successful in getting the covid vaccination? Does everyone want it?

I have been checking in with the state website daily and calling their hotline sometimes 3X a day looking for an appointment or cancellation to fill. One agent said he could get me an appointment up in Potsdam NY some 450 miles away. Took a pass on that one lol. All available locations are upstate, still nothing local. There was a small window that opened up back on 3/10 when they lowered the age to 60. I was able to book an appointment, but it was at the end of May, some 2 months away. Low and behold, just after booking that, I got an email from Northwell Health telling me I was eligible to book now. I took the appt. and got the shot 2 days later. It was the Johnson and Johnson vaccine one shot deal. I figured something was better than nothing. I kind of feel like a guinea pig in a way though by just blindly following the herd because this is supposedly what is in our best interests to stay healthy and safe. I mean it was only approved for distribution on 2/27 which was just over a week prior to my shot. I think a lot of people believe that if they get vaccinated then they can go back to the way life used to be.

I read an article which was saying that in a couple of months there will be an overabundance of vaccine, and it will all go to waste because of certain restrictions that are put on its distribution and its shelf life. Anybody want to share your opinion?

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:13 pm

Essexcounty Pete,
Thanks so much for your reply on the abandoned rail line, the station renovation and the proposed bike trail in your area.
I am a rail and transit enthusiast , trains, trolleys, bus and subway, so your reply was very much enjoyed.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

essexcountypete likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:19 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Out of curiosity on my part, I am wondering how many of the "senior" members or any other eligible group have been successful in getting the covid vaccination? Does everyone want it?

I have been checking in with the state website daily and calling their hotline sometimes 3X a day looking for an appointment or cancellation to fill. One agent said he could get me an appointment up in Potsdam NY some 450 miles away. Took a pass on that one lol. All available locations are upstate, still nothing local. There was a small window that opened up back on 3/10 when they lowered the age to 60. I was able to book an appointment, but it was at the end of May, some 2 months away. Low and behold, just after booking that, I got an email from Northwell Health telling me I was eligible to book now. I took the appt. and got the shot 2 days later. It was the Johnson and Johnson vaccine one shot deal. I figured something was better than nothing. I kind of feel like a guinea pig in a way though by just blindly following the herd because this is supposedly what is in our best interests to stay healthy and safe. I mean it was only approved for distribution on 2/27 which was just over a week prior to my shot. I think a lot of people believe that if they get vaccinated then they can go back to the way life used to be.

I read an article which was saying that in a couple of months there will be an overabundance of vaccine, and it will all go to waste because of certain restrictions that are put on its distribution and its shelf life. Anybody want to share your opinion?

Greybeard, my wife, a patient of Sloan Kettering, got her two Pfizer shots a month ago.They offered it to their patients.No ill effects except for a sore shoulder.I have been dragging my feet on this but will try and get mine as soon as I can.Agree with you that it would give peace of mind.I lived through the first 5 years of m life, 1950-1955, avoiding the polio epidemic then and got my shots in 1955.It sure gave my parents peace of mind and hopefully this vaccine today will do the same.Anyhoo, at age 70, I am at the 3/4 turn in the race of life and can see the finish line now, so every day I wake up is gravy,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

GreyBeard likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:19 pm

docstox12 wrote:Essexcounty Pete,
Thanks so much for your reply on the abandoned rail line, the station renovation and the proposed bike trail in your area.
I am a rail and transit enthusiast , trains, trolleys, bus and subway, so your reply was very much enjoyed.

Very cool! And thanks for bringing it to Banter. I realized after I posted that I should have done that.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm so sorry.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:42 pm

docstox12 wrote:
GreyBeard wrote:Out of curiosity on my part, I am wondering how many of the "senior" members or any other eligible group have been successful in getting the covid vaccination? Does everyone want it?

Greybeard, my wife, a patient of Sloan Kettering, got her two Pfizer shots a month ago.They offered it to their patients.No ill effects except for a sore shoulder.I have been dragging my feet on this but will try and get mine as soon as I can.Agree with you that it would give peace of mind.I lived through the first 5 years of m life, 1950-1955, avoiding the polio epidemic then and got my shots in 1955.It sure gave my parents peace of mind and hopefully this vaccine today will do the same.Anyhoo, at age 70, I am at the 3/4 turn in the race of life and can see the finish line now, so every day I wake up is gravy,LOL.

Doc,I'm right behind you in that race. Will be 69 this year. Seems the years go by faster the older I get. I hope your wife is responding well to treatment and is not in any pain. I was kind of giving up on the vaccine because of the frustration getting an appt. Figured I'd gone over a year now without any issues, and have had 3 covid tests for various reasons, all negative. Being retired and not having to commute to nyc like I did for 40 yrs. has significantly limited my chances of exposure I think. If interested, here is the number for New York State covid hotline-833-697-4829. They might be able to hook you up with a vaccine site in your area if you are interested in getting one, just press 1 when they ask if you are over 75 because now the age is down to 60 but wasn't updated by them. If I remember correctly, your Mom is 100 yrs. old so you might be around for a good while coming from that gene pool.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum