NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 7.0

+31
Grselig
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
Taffy
Quietace
HectorO
Frank_Wx
billg315
dolphins222
sroc4
essexcountypete
docstox12
Ronfdny
TheAresian
phil155
Scullybutcher
Math23x7
lglickman1
dkodgis
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
rb924119
nutleyblizzard
crippo84
RJB8525
frank 638
mikeypizano
heehaw453
amugs
35 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 14 Empty Re: Banter Thread 7.0

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:40 am

We had some adventures in our travels!! once we finally got to Venice the vacation fun began..We will never fly United again....ABSOLUTELY HORRIC EXPERIENCE!!! Cancelled flights like crazy..
I will say this people are ready to travel but the travel industry is not ready for us...It is not for the faint of heart..2 days to get to Europe and for some in our family 2 to get back. We were the lucky ones 17 hours and flying from Venice to Canada and home on Air Canada was the smoothest out of our group..1/3 had to stay overnight in London other 1/3 in Frankfort overnight. The weather was fantastic all thru our trip/ food was great(Italy/Montenegro/Greece)...HOLY GAS PRICES .Italy was 9.50 a gallon for gas and Greece was 10.50 in spots.
Glad to be back on American soil..husband says he will not travel by plane again for pleasure for a while if we are not going by our boat or car..he is not going...lol I hope everyone had a great memorial...on to summer!!

Last edited by weatherwatchermom on Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:45 pm

Frank Happy Birthday my man, wow from the days of the Chanel 7 wx board to your own you've always had a tremednous skill in reading, interpreting the weather. We are ALL grateful for your leadership, setting up and running this board! Enjoy the 30's casue they aint like the 20's !! All the best ,Mugs.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:25 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:We had some adventures in our travels!! once we finally got to Venice the vacation fun began..We will never fly United again....ABSOLUTELY HORRIC EXPERIENCE!!! Cancelled flights like crazy..
I will say this people are ready to travel but the travel industry is not ready for us...It is not for the faint of heart..2 days to get to Europe and for some in our family 2 to get back. We were the lucky ones 17 hours and flying from Venice to Canada and home on Air Canada was the smoothest out of our group..1/3 had to stay overnight in London other 1/3 in Frankfort overnight. The weather was fantastic all thru our trip/ food was great(Italy/Montenegro/Greece)...HOLY GAS PRICES .Italy was 9.50 a gallon for gas and Greece was 10.50 in spots.
Glad to be back on American soil..husband says he will not travel by plane again for pleasure for a while if we are not going by our boat or car..he is not going...lol I hope everyone had a great memorial...on to summer!!

oh boy! Some adventure! Sounds like an amazing trip despite the travel difficulties! Funny how people can have such different experiences with flights. We always fly United and have never had an issue. I wonder if staffing shortages are causing problems. All the flying we did in Feb/March from Newark to San Diego, from LA to Kona, from Kona to Honolulu, from Honolulu to San Francisco, from San Fran to Newark all went well with United, Hawaiian and Jet Blue. Maybe we were just lucky!

Snowfall winter of 2021-2022  17.6"  1" of sleet 2/25/22

Snowfall winter of 2020-2021        51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020        8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:32 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:We had some adventures in our travels!! once we finally got to Venice the vacation fun began..We will never fly United again....ABSOLUTELY HORRIC EXPERIENCE!!! Cancelled flights like crazy..

Wow, what a bummer on the air travel.Last time I was in Europe my ex wife and I flew PanAm in 1984 NY direct to Zurich.The steward presented us with a bottle of champaign as it was our first European trip.Have not flown since 1992 but my wife now wants to go to Italy next year to visit relatives so I will rapidly forget this post,MOM,LOL.Anyway, welcome home and I agree with your husband 100%,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:12 am

docstox12 wrote:

Wow, what a bummer on the air travel.Last time I was in Europe my ex wife and I flew PanAm in 1984 NY direct to Zurich.The steward presented us with a bottle of champaign as it was our first European trip.Have not flown since 1992 but my wife now wants to go to Italy next year to visit relatives so I will rapidly forget this post,MOM,LOL.Anyway, welcome home and I agree with your husband 100%,LOL.

lol you are so funny. Yes, as I am sure I will forget our experience as well..and will fly again..probably before my husband..but not on United..they were so horrible to us..I just can not, bring my self to fly them again. We are just happy we had a great trip and those are the memories I am sticking with. You will enjoy Italy. I loved everywhere we have visited. But for now will focus on US travel.
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:18 am

Dunnzoo wrote:

oh boy! Some adventure! Sounds like an amazing trip despite the travel difficulties! Funny how people can have such different experiences with flights. We always fly United and have never had an issue. I wonder if staffing shortages are causing problems. All the flying we did in Feb/March from Newark to San Diego, from LA to Kona, from Kona to Honolulu, from Honolulu to San Francisco, from San Fran to Newark all went well with United, Hawaiian and Jet Blue. Maybe we were just lucky!
So glad you had good experiences. I am sure part of the reason is the timing. More people are traveling now than this spring. My husband was speaking to a flight attendant on our flight home who was telling him that the American Airline companies let a lot of people go during covid and had a lot of buyout retirement packages..leaving them now in a lurch with personnel and pilots... whereas in Canada they did not do this. We have flown United in the past..it was also the way we were treated during all these cancellations that left a bad taste..just Nasty..lol but we are safe and I am ready for our next adventure...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:45 am

Hi everyone and a great big "How Do?" to all of you! As we hit the halfway point towards next snow season, I cured some late night boredom last night by reading the observation thread of the January coastal blizzard. Ooh man, some fun memories for many of us and some funny lines of celebration, despair and everything in between by everyone!   Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 14 1f602

I think I recall mention of a possible summer time Shore meet up...I'd be game for anywhere from Long Branch/Asbury on south if there's any interest out there...

Either way, hope everyone's enjoying our recent batch of beautiful weather!!

SENJsnowman

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14