NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 7.0

+33
brownie
mmanisca
Grselig
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
Taffy
Quietace
HectorO
Frank_Wx
billg315
dolphins222
sroc4
essexcountypete
docstox12
Ronfdny
TheAresian
phil155
Scullybutcher
Math23x7
lglickman1
dkodgis
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
rb924119
nutleyblizzard
crippo84
RJB8525
frank 638
mikeypizano
heehaw453
amugs
37 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 14 Empty Re: Banter Thread 7.0

Post by docstox12 Wed May 25, 2022 8:36 am

Wow, the big 30 Frank. All the best. Doc

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:35 am

Happy Birthday Frank! Hope you had a great day!!

weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:40 am

We had some adventures in our travels!! once we finally got to Venice the vacation fun began..We will never fly United again....ABSOLUTELY HORRIC EXPERIENCE!!! Cancelled flights like crazy..
I will say this people are ready to travel but the travel industry is not ready for us...It is not for the faint of heart..2 days to get to Europe and for some in our family 2 to get back. We were the lucky ones 17 hours and flying from Venice to Canada and home on Air Canada was the smoothest out of our group..1/3 had to stay overnight in London other 1/3 in Frankfort overnight. The weather was fantastic all thru our trip/ food was great(Italy/Montenegro/Greece)...HOLY GAS PRICES .Italy was 9.50 a gallon for gas and Greece was 10.50 in spots.
Glad to be back on American soil..husband says he will not travel by plane again for pleasure for a while if we are not going by our boat or car..he is not going...lol I hope everyone had a great memorial...on to summer!!

Last edited by weatherwatchermom on Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:45 pm

Frank Happy Birthday my man, wow from the days of the Chanel 7 wx board to your own you've always had a tremednous skill in reading, interpreting the weather. We are ALL grateful for your leadership, setting up and running this board! Enjoy the 30's casue they aint like the 20's !! All the best ,Mugs.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:25 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:We had some adventures in our travels!! once we finally got to Venice the vacation fun began..We will never fly United again....ABSOLUTELY HORRIC EXPERIENCE!!! Cancelled flights like crazy..
I will say this people are ready to travel but the travel industry is not ready for us...It is not for the faint of heart..2 days to get to Europe and for some in our family 2 to get back. We were the lucky ones 17 hours and flying from Venice to Canada and home on Air Canada was the smoothest out of our group..1/3 had to stay overnight in London other 1/3 in Frankfort overnight. The weather was fantastic all thru our trip/ food was great(Italy/Montenegro/Greece)...HOLY GAS PRICES .Italy was 9.50 a gallon for gas and Greece was 10.50 in spots.
Glad to be back on American soil..husband says he will not travel by plane again for pleasure for a while if we are not going by our boat or car..he is not going...lol I hope everyone had a great memorial...on to summer!!

oh boy! Some adventure! Sounds like an amazing trip despite the travel difficulties! Funny how people can have such different experiences with flights. We always fly United and have never had an issue. I wonder if staffing shortages are causing problems. All the flying we did in Feb/March from Newark to San Diego, from LA to Kona, from Kona to Honolulu, from Honolulu to San Francisco, from San Fran to Newark all went well with United, Hawaiian and Jet Blue. Maybe we were just lucky!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:32 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:We had some adventures in our travels!! once we finally got to Venice the vacation fun began..We will never fly United again....ABSOLUTELY HORRIC EXPERIENCE!!! Cancelled flights like crazy..

Wow, what a bummer on the air travel.Last time I was in Europe my ex wife and I flew PanAm in 1984 NY direct to Zurich.The steward presented us with a bottle of champaign as it was our first European trip.Have not flown since 1992 but my wife now wants to go to Italy next year to visit relatives so I will rapidly forget this post,MOM,LOL.Anyway, welcome home and I agree with your husband 100%,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:12 am

docstox12 wrote:

Wow, what a bummer on the air travel.Last time I was in Europe my ex wife and I flew PanAm in 1984 NY direct to Zurich.The steward presented us with a bottle of champaign as it was our first European trip.Have not flown since 1992 but my wife now wants to go to Italy next year to visit relatives so I will rapidly forget this post,MOM,LOL.Anyway, welcome home and I agree with your husband 100%,LOL.

lol you are so funny. Yes, as I am sure I will forget our experience as well..and will fly again..probably before my husband..but not on United..they were so horrible to us..I just can not, bring my self to fly them again. We are just happy we had a great trip and those are the memories I am sticking with. You will enjoy Italy. I loved everywhere we have visited. But for now will focus on US travel.
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:18 am

Dunnzoo wrote:

oh boy! Some adventure! Sounds like an amazing trip despite the travel difficulties! Funny how people can have such different experiences with flights. We always fly United and have never had an issue. I wonder if staffing shortages are causing problems. All the flying we did in Feb/March from Newark to San Diego, from LA to Kona, from Kona to Honolulu, from Honolulu to San Francisco, from San Fran to Newark all went well with United, Hawaiian and Jet Blue. Maybe we were just lucky!
So glad you had good experiences. I am sure part of the reason is the timing. More people are traveling now than this spring. My husband was speaking to a flight attendant on our flight home who was telling him that the American Airline companies let a lot of people go during covid and had a lot of buyout retirement packages..leaving them now in a lurch with personnel and pilots... whereas in Canada they did not do this. We have flown United in the past..it was also the way we were treated during all these cancellations that left a bad taste..just Nasty..lol but we are safe and I am ready for our next adventure...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:45 am

Hi everyone and a great big "How Do?" to all of you! As we hit the halfway point towards next snow season, I cured some late night boredom last night by reading the observation thread of the January coastal blizzard. Ooh man, some fun memories for many of us and some funny lines of celebration, despair and everything in between by everyone!   Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 14 1f602

I think I recall mention of a possible summer time Shore meet up...I'd be game for anywhere from Long Branch/Asbury on south if there's any interest out there...

Either way, hope everyone's enjoying our recent batch of beautiful weather!!

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

amugs and Taffy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:44 pm

Great news!!

https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/us-supercomputers-for-weather-and-climate-forecasts-get-major-bump

amugs
amugs

billg315 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:59 pm

Further out means what-4 days out? What does NWS rank its accuracy at? What is the new accuracy projection? Good questions.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:29 am

Hey all so I know I have noot be on though I have been lurking from time to time.  I hate to say it but weatherjust has not been my main focus anymore but don't get me wrong it will still always have a place. And I am sure if something good comes up I will be tracking but I am so very busy.  I love my job for the most part. Am a licensed clinician for a dual diagnosis mental health/substance use clinic now for over a year and am very good at it in fact I get praised from clients and some have switched from other clinicians to me (one said I come highly recommended).  My ebay business is also now a main focus of mine and keeps me very busy outside my 9-5 and I have been spending time with family. Can those that know me from way back believe Alexa is 9!! My girl is getting so big, is a dancer now jazz and tap.  She wants to do hip hop but being a dad I don't like the gyrations and somewhat sexual nature of hip hop dancing lol.  Anyways things are overall very good and extremely busy.  Hope all of you are well. Oh and I am working on my clinical license once I have about 2 years at my joib I can take the exam and then go to a supervisor possibly or take the jump into private practice which is hard work but your your own boss which I would love. That's it for now : )

PS everyone enjoy their 4th of July!!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

SENJsnowman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:54 am

God Bless John nad best of luck with the businesses, that is great news. Enjoy the time with Alexa, wow 9!!

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:18 pm

Jon..good luck on your endeavors..hope to see you in Oct for hazlet garage sales! I am going to clean out my attic this summer..lol...and enjoy every min with your daughter. .I can not believe we are talking about colleges and have to finish our tours this summer..my son keeps reminding me this is his last summer he will boat the 3 weeks with us(maybe meet us a few days)...I am sad...cried at lunch the other day.. 😂 So enjoy every min!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:09 pm

Saw an interesting piece on the news the other day. With much of the country under serious drought conditions, out in southern California they are putting on flow restrictors on people who aren't conforming to lighten up on their usage. Named some celebrities (Kardasians, Sylvester Stallone, Kevin Hart) who are consuming over 200% and more than is requested that they use. It was reported that when they went to homes to put on the restrictors, they were offered bribes to look the other way. They levy fines but when you've got a ton of money, they would rather pay then go without.

My town has put us on restrictions so no lawn watering or car washing until further notice.Looks like some serious heat will be coming in next week, so not good. Need some rain asap!

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:45 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Saw an interesting piece on the news the other day. With much of the country under serious drought conditions, out in southern California they are putting on flow restrictors on people who aren't conforming to lighten up on their usage. Named some celebrities (Kardasians, Sylvester Stallone, Kevin Hart) who are consuming over 200% and more than is requested that they use. It was reported that when they went to homes to put on the restrictors, they were offered bribes to look the other way. They levy fines but when you've got a ton of money, they would rather pay then go without.

My town has put us on restrictions so no lawn watering or car washing until further notice.Looks like some serious heat will be coming in next week, so not good. Need some rain asap!

LOL, just like wealthy hypocrites , especially those greenies espousing we should ride electric roller skates while they jet thither and yon across the globe spewing CO2,LOL.Their motto is 'for THEE and not for ME".
Waiting for water restrictions up here, just dry as dust and everything going brown.Two trees up front are dropping yellow leaves and the oak is dropping a lot of immature acorns.
Like you say, we need a good, steady 2 or 3 day dousing.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:05 pm

docstox12 wrote:
GreyBeard wrote:Saw an interesting piece on the news the other day. With much of the country under serious drought conditions, out in southern California they are putting on flow restrictors on people who aren't conforming to lighten up on their usage. Named some celebrities (Kardasians, Sylvester Stallone, Kevin Hart) who are consuming over 200% and more than is requested that they use. It was reported that when they went to homes to put on the restrictors, they were offered bribes to look the other way. They levy fines but when you've got a ton of money, they would rather pay then go without.

LOL, just like wealthy hypocrites , especially those greenies espousing we should ride electric roller skates while they jet thither and yon across the globe spewing CO2,LOL.Their motto is 'for THEE and not for ME".
Waiting for water restrictions up here, just dry as dust and everything going brown.Two trees up front are dropping yellow leaves and the oak is dropping a lot of immature acorns.

totally agree! and a little story...We put on air this year..and ac in not keeping the house cool enough..so husband sees unit is dirty..takes it apart and ok runs a little better but house will not go below 75 degrees..I am fit to be tied..that is too hot in the house..we dont open windows...so husband says we are leaving on vacation..wait unitl we get back and we will have someone check it...ok we get back Mon I make an appt they can not come until Thurs...on Wed my husband says this is ridiculous the unit is a couple of years old this should not be happening..he tries to trouble shoot..goes up the attic and calls down and asks is the unit on? Nest is lit up that it is on but unit not on...I said no but set to 71 and temp is 77 in house should be running...he is like it must be the thermostat...WELL all of a sudden I hear him cursing in his office...WE HAVE NEST...owned by google and he said they did an upgrade a couple of months ago and downloaded some eco crap to our unit without him knowing. that even though we had house set to 71 this feature overrides it and keeps house at 75 ..he was pissed off..and he turned off the feature and NOW our house is nice and cool..thank goodness we did not pay to have someone come out and now he will be more vigilant to what google is doing...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

brownie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:05 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

totally agree! and a little story...We put on air this year..and ac in not keeping the house cool enough..so husband sees unit is dirty..takes it apart and ok runs a little better but house will not go below 75 degrees..I am fit to be tied..that is too hot in the house..we dont open windows...so husband says we are leaving on vacation..wait unitl we get back and we will have someone check it...ok we get back Mon I make an appt they can not come until Thurs...on Wed my husband says this is ridiculous the unit is a couple of years old this should not be happening..he tries to trouble shoot..goes up the attic and calls down and asks is the unit on? Nest is lit up that it is on but unit not on...I said no but set to 71 and temp is 77 in house should be running...he is like it must be the thermostat...WELL all of a sudden I hear him cursing in his office...WE HAVE NEST...owned by google and he said they did an upgrade a couple of months ago and downloaded some eco crap to our unit without him knowing. that even though we had house set to 71 this feature overrides it and keeps house at 75 ..he was pissed off..and he turned off the feature and NOW our house is nice and cool..thank goodness we did not pay to have someone come out and now he will be more vigilant to what google is doing...
I can’t imagine having Google or any other company having control of an appliance in my house.  No smart appliances for me!  What is the advantage of having Nest?

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:29 am

Wow, Mom, Big Brother was watching your AC temps, kind of scary.Anyway, a big 'attaboy" ( something the old timers said many years ago when I did something right,LOL) to your husband for diagnosing the issue.Yep, you saved at least 100 bucks, what they charge just to walk in your door, and whatever else they may have clipped you for if it was a dishonest outfit.Glad I am low tech over here, the only thing I know about NESTS are birds may build one over my vent lines on the roof.Enjoy the AC, we are going to need it next week as the torch is lit.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:38 am

docstox12 wrote:Wow, Mom, Big Brother was watching your AC temps, kind of scary.Anyway, a big 'attaboy" ( something the old timers said many years ago when I did something right,LOL) to your husband for diagnosing the issue.Yep, you saved at least 100 bucks, what they charge just to walk in your door, and whatever else they may have clipped you for if it was a dishonest outfit.Glad I am low tech over here, the only thing I know about NESTS are birds may build one over my vent lines on the roof.Enjoy the AC, we are going to need it next week as the torch is lit.
haha I am a low tech gal...but husband is an it guy and has always had the latest gadgets..and sometimes before they even come out on the market..and he was mad he did not think to look earlier at the upgrade..i dont know what the advantage is..we are high tech in this house..but he takes safeguards normally..

and yes..I was freezing last night actually..did not utter a word..and house set to 71..I went upstairs put on a pair of lounge pants and a long sleeve t-shirt..hahaha
tom we go for a college visit(omg..that is another topic for another time..the cost of freaking college)..but the rest of the week I will be home..in the ac...Have a great Sunday!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:07 am

Reed Timmer flew into Albany this morning, look out NYS and the northeast! He will be live streaming later today. Stay safe all you northerners!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:43 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:Reed Timmer flew into Albany this morning, look out NYS and the northeast! He will be live streaming later today. Stay safe all you northerners!
thats not a good sign...did you hear what happened in Kingston last week..It was wild and we were just there...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:14 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Wow this is a crazy story. The fact they have control over the technology while it's active in your home scares me. We have a Google Home...it probably listens/records everything we say affraid affraid affraid affraid

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:32 am

This recent hot spell is nothing new.Think it was the summer of 1963 we had 15 days in a row above 90 degrees.I wanted to see if I could fry an egg on the roof of the family car, a 1954 DeSoto.It was starting to but my Dad saw what I was doing and was not pleased,lol.They had a water advisory out too as it was very dry.We put some clean garbage cans under the downspouts to catch any rainfall; from a passing shower to water the shrubs.The Daily News had pictures of the big reservoirs serving the City up North down to 10-15% capacity.Luckily, Fall of 1963 was very wet.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:40 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
Volcano eruption Japan
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:23 pm

Too hot car read 106 this afternoon, ugg. And doesn't look like much relief even from possible storms tomorrow from cold front. Just noted the responses from the beginning of July from everyone, thanks. Been super busy summer buying, selling and doing therapy 7 hours a day (1 hour lunch). Just got a back from a BBQ put on by local temple, way to hot but it was good. Back to the grind tomorrow. Weathermom, maybe, Hazlet is pretty far since I leave in the wee hours of the morning, and since you guys have so many most of the stuff I buy has been scoured out. But I scored big time this year in Hawthorn, NJ among a few other places but I also noted that people have not been having as many garage sales as in past years. NY doesn't really have entire towns do sales like NJ which is where I always find the most and best stuff to resell. Alexa is enjoying camp and going to spend a week with gma and pop pop and my wife and I are going to take a few days off and relax together ALONE for once since pre-pandemic.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:42 pm

99.5 high temp for today thank you mother nature for not adding high humidity on to that....so dislike this weather!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum