NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 7.0

+33
brownie
mmanisca
Grselig
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
Taffy
Quietace
HectorO
Frank_Wx
billg315
dolphins222
sroc4
essexcountypete
docstox12
Ronfdny
TheAresian
phil155
Scullybutcher
Math23x7
lglickman1
dkodgis
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
rb924119
nutleyblizzard
crippo84
RJB8525
frank 638
mikeypizano
heehaw453
amugs
37 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

nywx - Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Banter Thread 7.0

Post by dkodgis Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:40 pm

Frank, nice picture. You look like the Terminator.

dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Frank_Wx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:12 am

Oops, sorry about that Mugsy posting my thoughts on the upcoming storm on the long range thread.Your'e right, that is for the long range crew.Will do that here.Checking in tomorrow with the model runs today and tonight in the books.
The models did a great job picking up on this storm and the long range crew sniffed that out.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:23 am

Re: Long Range Discussion 23.0
Post by mikeypizano Today at 7:19 am

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
I had mentioned the other day, when Irish brought up our superstitions on this board, about not putting up a separate storm thread yet for fear of jinxing the storm, that in the past we have resorted to human sacrifice (not posting for a specified period of time) to resurrect storms not trending in our direction.

I officially declare that as of this date and time 1/26/22 7:11 AM that I hereby sacrifice myself to the snow Gods and will not post on this forum for the month of February if this storm produces at least 15 inches of snow for the north and west areas of the forum. This goes as far west as heehaw, as far north as Hyde in Hyde Park (Dutchess County). At the same time it must produce at least 20 inches of snow for the coastal and eastern sections of the forum.

Should the 12Z's continue to deteriorate I extend that time frame through the rest of the winter. If any others wish to join me in this selfless act, there is strength in numbers.

The power of the forum compels you.

I suggest that if I don't see at least 12" of snow, we ban Jman! Twisted Evil

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:39 am

CP I enjoy your posts as do many others, so perhaps you should do what I did several years back. Perhaps appease the snow Gods with a snow angel in the skivvies instead.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:41 am

sroc4 wrote:CP I enjoy your posts as do many others, so perhaps you should do what I did several years back.  Perhaps appease the snow Gods with a snow angel in the skivvies instead.  

Possibly.

Also the post above should be deleted. I never mentioned Jman in my original post although somehow Mikey P makes it look like I did.

Thanks as always Doc.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:48 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
sroc4 wrote:CP I enjoy your posts as do many others, so perhaps you should do what I did several years back.  Perhaps appease the snow Gods with a snow angel in the skivvies instead.  

Possibly.

Also the post above should be deleted. I never mentioned Jman in my original post although somehow Mikey P makes it look like I did.

Thanks as always Doc.

I did.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:17 am

What an act of amazing sacrifice CP but even if this storm craps out for us up here, we need you for the month of February, the biggest snow producing month in these parts.Fear not, we have a shot at a just inside the benchmark snowstorm that would even the score for us up here.Hey, March 2018, 27 inches up by us with 3-4 inch an hour rates at times! March and April favor our location.Two plus full months of snow producing time left!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

dolphins222 and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:48 am

sroc4 wrote:  Re: Long Range Discussion 23.0

I had mentioned the other day, when Irish brought up our superstitions on this board, about not putting up a separate storm thread yet for fear of jinxing the storm, that in the past we have resorted to human sacrifice (not posting for a specified period of time) to resurrect storms not trending in our direction.

I officially declare that as of this date and time 1/26/22 7:11 AM that I hereby sacrifice myself to the snow Gods and will not post on this forum for the month of February if this storm produces at least 15 inches of snow for the north and west areas of the forum. This goes as far west as heehaw, as far north as Hyde in Hyde Park (Dutchess County). At the same time it must produce at least 20 inches of snow for the coastal and eastern sections of the forum.

Should the 12Z's continue to deteriorate I extend that time frame through the rest of the winter. If any others wish to join me in this selfless act, there is strength in numbers.

Hey what the heck did I do, you know you guys always pick on me, JUST me I never see anyone do it to anyone else. It gets tiring I know you guys are just having fun but do it to someone else just once jeeze.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:49 am

jmanley32 wrote:

Hey what the heck did I do, you know you guys always pick on me, JUST me I never see anyone do it to anyone else. It gets tiring I know you guys are just having fun but do it to someone else just once jeeze.

I was the one who said it, Sroc moved my post, but not CP's post to banter.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:50 am

Ahh nvm CP your good, I have mikeys number i am go send him a nice little hex for the storm lmao

No actually not, you guys have made me superstitious which I never was lol, doing bad only returns bad, but CP what you are doing is admirable : )

Last edited by jmanley32 on Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:52 am

jmanley32 wrote:Ahh nvm CP your good, I have mikeys number i am go send him a nice little hex for the storm lmao

I already hexxed myself, you need to be quicker!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:55 am

jmanley32 wrote:

I never mentioned you (Jman) in my post. Somehow when Sroc moved Mikey P's post to banter it made it seem like I posted it. That's why I asked Scott to delete it. My original post is in the long range thread and mentions no one other than myself.

Read and research before you accuse. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Saw your retraction Jman we good.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:22 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

I never mentioned you (Jman) in my post. Somehow when Sroc moved Mikey P's post to banter it made it seem like I posted it. That's why I asked Scott to delete it. My original post is in the long range thread and mentions no one other than myself.

Yeah sorry, I did not continue to scroll down cuz as you said it is misleading. Lets all try to play nice, I know these storms can cause us to cloud our better judgment but lets not forget why we are here, cuz we love snow and it is supposed to be fun!! CP that was directed at everyone not you. I hope you get in on the goods too and for what u just did I think 12z may surprise. NAM coming up soon.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dolphins222 Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:27 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

As someone who never posts on here, but reads a lot, I don't care if we get 50 inches ( one can hope) or 5 inches, you cant disappear for the month of feb, as people like yourself and many others are way too valuable to leave, especially for what is usually the last real good month of winter ( march is hit or miss). Sacrifice yourself for the month of June, usually a boring month Laughing

dolphins222

Back to top Go down

Post by Scullybutcher Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:41 am

Storm is cancelled for most of the board. Frank made the thread for the storm. My son will be very disappointed. Lol

Think we should have waited till tonight. Yes I’m superstitious

It actually could be all my fault if it doesn’t come to fruition I filled up my gas can for the snow blower this morning
Scullybutcher
Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Location : North Smithtown, western Suffolk county, long island

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:47 am

Scullybutcher wrote:Storm is cancelled for most of the board. Frank made the thread for the storm. My son will be very disappointed. Lol

It actually could be all my fault if it doesn’t come to fruition I filled up my gas can for the snow blower this morning

I don't even care anymore, I just talked to a guy in Sweden on 17m, so you guys play weather, I'll just play radio! :p
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:07 pm

Not weather related (or maybe it is) has anyone else ever been on the antibiotic bartrim? has it made you eat like a horse and never feel full? Or is it just my self soothing from all this up and down tracking lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:24 pm

Scullybutcher wrote:Storm is cancelled for most of the board. Frank made the thread for the storm. My son will be very disappointed. Lol

He is the mush, jinx, hexx this winter!!!!
Banish him to sector 13 of OTI and not to come back till 2023!!

nywx - Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 3 FKCsidiWQAE038Q?format=jpg&name=medium

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:26 pm

amugs wrote:

saved lmao
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:39 pm

amugs wrote:

BAN FRANK! #savewinter2022
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Scullybutcher Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:44 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
amugs wrote:

BAN FRANK! #savewinter2022

Lmao
Scullybutcher
Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Location : North Smithtown, western Suffolk county, long island

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:51 pm

amugs wrote:

LOL, And yes pull that baby in we need to see that purple CCB over us the ocea and cape deserves no snow
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by lglickman1 Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:23 pm

What are you going to do, it's just not out winter. Storms are either to far inland or too far east. Figured it was too good to be true, Euro has been crap all winter and gfs seems to be spot on most of the time

lglickman1
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:29 pm

nywx - Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 3 61s6sz10

With how this winter is going maybe I should have made that 2 not 7 huh?
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

amugs and RJB8525 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:34 pm

nywx - Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 3 Euro10
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

RJB8525 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:33 pm

I am curious to admins or Frank, how is a users reputation calculated, what does it mean and does it go up and down or only up?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:35 pm

jmanley32 wrote:I am curious to admins or Frank, how is a users reputation calculated, what does it mean and does it go up and down or only up?
I think it is simply a count of how many “Likes” your posts get.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum