NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

+12
amugs
HectorO
aiannone
ruggerij
moleson
Grselig
Mathgod55
Dunnzoo
rb924119
CPcantmeasuresnow
sroc4
Frank_Wx
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:37 pm

The 1st guess map I have posted in the other thread will also be my final map. Guidance is adamant about the heavy rainfall. We are looking at 2 to 3 inches of rain with wind gusts possibly greater then 50 mph, especially along the immediate coast.

I'll be referring to our interactive members map a lot in this thread. If your name is not on the map, please comment your town/state so I can add you in.

https://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/h1-njs-members-map

I wonder if the high winds expected Thanksgiving Day prevent the balloons from flying during the parade?


Last edited by Frank_Wx on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:50 pm

18z NAM winds

Long Island is going to see gusts well over 50 mph

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 5c4fb11a221eb05cb421b5fca67b0d20_zpsedbc8fff

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by sroc4 Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:18z NAM winds

Long Island is going to see gusts well over 50 mph

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 5c4fb11a221eb05cb421b5fca67b0d20_zpsedbc8fff
I play in an annual Turkey Bowl Thanksgiving morning with about 30 guys. Last couple of yrs its been mild and dry. Should be fun in the wind and mudd!!

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65"WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85" WINTER 2022/2023 TOTALS 0.25"      
WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 7650
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 pm

I have put the forum under storm mode due to the incoming storm set to hit tomorrow afternoon and last through much of Wednesday. Storm Mode means a powerful storm is imminent.

*PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS IN THE MORNING*

I am doing this for the first time and want to see if it works. I will be sending out a mass email detailing the specifics of the storm. The email you should check is the one you used to register to this forum. This platform allows me to send out a mass email to all of you. With that, you can forward the email to family/friends or do whatever you want with it. I will provide useful links as well in the email.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:42 pm

If you want to learn more about Storm Mode, click the link below

https://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/t112-forum-storm-mode

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:43 pm

sroc4 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:18z NAM winds

Long Island is going to see gusts well over 50 mph

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 5c4fb11a221eb05cb421b5fca67b0d20_zpsedbc8fff
I play in an annual Turkey Bowl Thanksgiving morning with about 30 guys.  Last couple of yrs its been mild and dry.  Should be fun in the wind and mudd!!  
the mud may be frozen by game time Thursday.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6907
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 102
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Normally with the observations thread I would put out a final map, but I do not see a reason to change my 1st guess map. Here it is if you have not seen it

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 1476321_646300382088391_981599587_n

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Latest 00z NAM is widespread 3+ inch rainfall amounts. WoW

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Nam-mslp-qpftotal-ne_hr63

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:Normally with the observations thread I would put out a final map, but I do not see a reason to change my 1st guess map. Here it is if you have not seen it

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 1476321_646300382088391_981599587_n
Normally a storm like this would just annoy me because of the inland track and rain and all, but lets face it we really need the rain.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6907
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 102
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes we really do CP. Look at current radar. Wow!

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 1453523_576194572461257_166520489_n

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by sroc4 Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:52 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:18z NAM winds

Long Island is going to see gusts well over 50 mph

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 5c4fb11a221eb05cb421b5fca67b0d20_zpsedbc8fff
I play in an annual Turkey Bowl Thanksgiving morning with about 30 guys.  Last couple of yrs its been mild and dry.  Should be fun in the wind and mudd!!  
the mud may be frozen by game time Thursday.
Yeah just realized that. I for some reason was thinking I'd be playing in the rain. But your right the ground will prob a be a rock come Thursday morning.

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65"WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85" WINTER 2022/2023 TOTALS 0.25"      
WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 7650
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm still marveling at the NAM. Lol

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Hires_t_precip_nyc_20

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Bronx NY, Thanks Frank

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:55 pm

BronxStorm wrote: Bronx NY, Thanks Frank
All set

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:12 pm

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Southmissvly_loop

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 am

I just sent the newsletter. Everyone check their emails. No one can see your emails, so don't worry about that if you are. I'll only send emails before major storms, so don't worry about spam either. Lol.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by sroc4 Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 am

Frank_Wx wrote:Yes we really do CP. Look at current radar. Wow!

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 1453523_576194572461257_166520489_n
Hey Frank What radar is this??

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65"WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85" WINTER 2022/2023 TOTALS 0.25"      
WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 7650
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:11 am

sroc4 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:Yes we really do CP. Look at current radar. Wow!

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm 1453523_576194572461257_166520489_n
Hey Frank What radar is this??
I found it from someone. Gunna ask them

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 am

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Usa_None_anim

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by rb924119 Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:21 am

Figured this might be a pertinent observation to post; I'm back home in Northeastern Pennsylvania (Poconos, elevation ~1800 ft) and we picked up about a half inch of snow already with another larger band of light-moderate snow approaching. I know it won't amount to too much more, but I figure what does fall I can look at and then imagine 3 inches of liquid equivalent on top of it.....smh

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 6081
Reputation : 193
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:28 am

rb924119 wrote:Figured this might be a pertinent observation to post; I'm back home in Northeastern Pennsylvania (Poconos, elevation ~1800 ft) and we picked up about a half inch of snow already with another larger band of light-moderate snow approaching. I know it won't amount to too much more, but I figure what does fall I can look at and then imagine 3 inches of liquid equivalent on top of it.....smh
I know. Frustrating storm. But cool nonetheless!

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Anim_njrc

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by rb924119 Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:43 am

Yeah it is, to have two storms phasing like this is pretty cool, and the longer range pattern looks like it might respond favorably once this system wraps up.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 6081
Reputation : 193
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Dunnzoo Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:44 am

Frank_Wx wrote:I have put the forum under storm mode due to the incoming storm set to hit tomorrow afternoon and last through much of Wednesday. Storm Mode means a powerful storm is imminent.

*PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS IN THE MORNING*

I am doing this for the first time and want to see if it works. I will be sending out a mass email detailing the specifics of the storm. The email you should check is the one you used to register to this forum. This platform allows me to send out a mass email to all of you. With that, you can forward the email to family/friends or do whatever you want with it. I will provide useful links as well in the email.
Frank,

I didn't get the email.....

_________________
Janet

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023  1.5"  

Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 4613
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 61
Location : Westwood, NJ

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:56 am

Dunnzoo wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:I have put the forum under storm mode due to the incoming storm set to hit tomorrow afternoon and last through much of Wednesday. Storm Mode means a powerful storm is imminent.

*PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS IN THE MORNING*

I am doing this for the first time and want to see if it works. I will be sending out a mass email detailing the specifics of the storm. The email you should check is the one you used to register to this forum. This platform allows me to send out a mass email to all of you. With that, you can forward the email to family/friends or do whatever you want with it. I will provide useful links as well in the email.
Frank,

I didn't get the email.....
Check your pm

Anyone else who didn't get the email?

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20838
Reputation : 327
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 30
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Mathgod55 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 am

Hi Frank,
I also did not receive your email this morning.
Mathgod55
Mathgod55

Posts : 59
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : West Islip, NyY

Back to top Go down

*Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm Empty Re: *Storm Mode* Observations Thread Pre-Thanksgiving Storm

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum