NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

02/24 Possible Snow Wave

+10
nutleyblizzard
Dtone
algae888
Quietace
oldtimer
amugs
NjWeatherGuy
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
Frank_Wx
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

02/24 Possible Snow Wave  - Page 4 Empty Re: 02/24 Possible Snow Wave

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:00 am

@Quietace wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@Quietace wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:The RAP is showing this as a 1 to 2 inch event around a lot of the area between midnight and 6 AM.

I know I'm really grasping at straws here, but  I am desperate. the snow on the ground at least needs a freshening up after the beating it has taken this week.
The HRRR is mostly a rain event through hour 15.

After midnight tonight I don't really see temperatures being an issue in the Hudson Valley, Northwest New Jersey, and northeast Pennsylvania with this. I believe it'll be all snow here, again it's such a minor event I don't know why I am wasting my time and anyone else's with it.
I dont think the HV sees any precip from this so you wont have to worry about temps.

Maybe not, but we shall see. I must be getting pretty desperate already for snow that I'm even bothering to track this.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:38 am

@SNOW MAN wrote:
@docstox12 wrote:Looks like a cold, dry week coming up with maybe a small event on Weds.NWS bumped to 60% chance of snow in my area that day.

Maybe 14 inches of original 28 to 30 inch snowpack left.I think that early last week before the mild spell hit will be the high water mark for snowpack this year.Chances for a big storm long range seem to be fizzling out.

Anyway, it was a perfect snowmelt.Slow, steady with no massive 2 to 3 inch rainstorm.

I had hoped that we were going to add to our snowpack, but like you said Doc, things look like there fizzling out. What good is cold if you can't get some snow with it.
It's very depressing. I bet you as soon as it gets milder will probably get few rain events, now that's really depressing. UGH. Sad 

Once you get into March, the higher sun angles and longer days start to really have an effect by March 15th.Winter weather people like a lot on the board are going to have to face the fact that time is running out.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 pm

NAM lost it completely and GFS has a very light .01-.1" event, this will not produce anything but scattered rain showers/flurries, I do not expect much accumulation other than a possible dusting.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Down to 34 here. Anything that falls tonight should be all snow.

If I can squeeze two inches out of this tonight I would be pleasantly surprised in the AM.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Down to 34 here. Anything that falls tonight should be all snow.

If I can squeeze two inches out of this tonight I would be pleasantly surprised in the AM.

Hoping it does for you CP - I am at 39* so I don't see it for me. Sad 

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Down to 34 here. Anything that falls tonight should be all snow.

Hope precip makes it to you, last minute RAP runs and the other models keep the precip down here with a SEPA through CNJ jackpot of around .1", (what a surprise...) anyway, temp still 44 here so confident it will fall as rain and latest radar supports this, hoping it goes up to you where there is at least a chance for snow. As of now the CMC seems to be verifying well.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum