NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

+25
jimv45
aiannone
SNOW MAN
GreyBeard
WeatherBob
essexcountypete
sroc4
amugs
Radz
jmanley32
docstox12
Quietace
nutleyblizzard
skinsfan1177
algae888
NjWeatherGuy
Artechmetals
smoggy14
pdubz
devsman
oldtimer
CPcantmeasuresnow
Joe Snow
SoulSingMG
Frank_Wx
29 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:55 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:
@Math23x7 wrote:
@amugs wrote:This to me is amazing - the PV and its orientation (West based block) is crushing us and 75 miles away (air that is) is going to get crushed - reminds me of the 09-10 snow that crushed NC and VA and we go squat or the 1980 storm that they were predicting 6-10" and woke up to a dusting.  

Loos like the trend has reversed on us to South and East from N and W this whole winter (98%) of our storms.

We are running out of time and this PV is not in the right position - I have some faith but it is slowly wanning for a SECS up here - if the trend continues shit Ace may see a dusting - go figure!

Screw SNJ and South - why the hell does this happen to us these past 10 years with these storms - remember Feb '09 (I think) when Del had 30+ and NYC had like 6" and NNJ had 3-4". AHHHHHH! Bite me!

I think that was December 19-20, 2009.  But still not as bad as February 5-6, 2010

2009-2010 was all about the mid atlantic

It was their winter.

Luckily the February 26, 2010 storm came which buried NYC in 21 inches of snow and parts of our area, (ME in 35 inches). It eased the pain of that winter, as PHI, WDC even Boston all saw no snow from that event.

It also got NYC over 50 inches that season.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by SoulSingMG Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:56 pm

I'm sad we didn't get a HECS this season (like in Dec 2010). Lot of nuisance snows. Oh well.
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2739
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Long Island City, NY

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:58 pm

@SoulSingMG wrote:I'm sad we didn't get a HECS this season (like in Dec 2010). Lot of nuisance snows. Oh well.

You got two separate one foot storms in NYC this year.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by SoulSingMG Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:02 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@SoulSingMG wrote:I'm sad we didn't get a HECS this season (like in Dec 2010). Lot of nuisance snows. Oh well.

You got two separate one foot storms in NYC this year.

We didn't hit a foot with any storm this year (officially).
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2739
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Long Island City, NY

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:
@Math23x7 wrote:
@amugs wrote:This to me is amazing - the PV and its orientation (West based block) is crushing us and 75 miles away (air that is) is going to get crushed - reminds me of the 09-10 snow that crushed NC and VA and we go squat or the 1980 storm that they were predicting 6-10" and woke up to a dusting.  

Loos like the trend has reversed on us to South and East from N and W this whole winter (98%) of our storms.

We are running out of time and this PV is not in the right position - I have some faith but it is slowly wanning for a SECS up here - if the trend continues shit Ace may see a dusting - go figure!

Screw SNJ and South - why the hell does this happen to us these past 10 years with these storms - remember Feb '09 (I think) when Del had 30+ and NYC had like 6" and NNJ had 3-4". AHHHHHH! Bite me!

I think that was December 19-20, 2009.  But still not as bad as February 5-6, 2010

2009-2010 was all about the mid atlantic

It was their winter.

Luckily the February 26, 2010 storm came which buried NYC in 21 inches of snow and parts of our area, (ME in 35 inches). It eased the pain of that winter, as PHI, WDC even Boston all saw no snow from that event.

It also got NYC over 50 inches that season.

I got a localized jackpot of 20" from this storm.

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2010/10-Feb-10-SurfaceMaps.html

Best one of that season for me.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4100
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-01-06
Location : Belle Mead, NJ

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 pm

@SoulSingMG wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@SoulSingMG wrote:I'm sad we didn't get a HECS this season (like in Dec 2010). Lot of nuisance snows. Oh well.

You got two separate one foot storms in NYC this year.

We didn't hit a foot with any storm this year (officially).

Well I'm afraid you did.  February 13-14 storm was 12.5 inches, the January 21 was 11.5 inches.

You should know better Soulsing  Smile 


Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by Scullybutcher Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Who wants to drive down to philly?
Scullybutcher
Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 505
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : North Smithtown, western Suffolk county, long island

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:11 pm

@Scullybutcher wrote:Who wants to drive down to philly?

By tomorrows runs you'll have to drive to Richmond
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:11 pm

@Scullybutcher wrote:Who wants to drive down to philly?

This rate might have to be DC, and lol, not sure I'm that much of a weenie. If it were a severe wx outbreak or a hurricane maybe.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4100
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2013-01-06
Location : Belle Mead, NJ

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by SoulSingMG Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:16 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@SoulSingMG wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@SoulSingMG wrote:I'm sad we didn't get a HECS this season (like in Dec 2010). Lot of nuisance snows. Oh well.

You got two separate one foot storms in NYC this year.

We didn't hit a foot with any storm this year (officially).

Well I'm afraid you did.  February 13-14 storm was 12.5 inches, the January 21 was 11.5 inches.

You should know better Soulsing  Smile 

Lol. Fine. ONE storm. 11.5 is 11.5. Plus, I said HECS ;-)
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2739
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Long Island City, NY

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:18 pm

@SoulSingMG wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@SoulSingMG wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@SoulSingMG wrote:I'm sad we didn't get a HECS this season (like in Dec 2010). Lot of nuisance snows. Oh well.

You got two separate one foot storms in NYC this year.

We didn't hit a foot with any storm this year (officially).

Well I'm afraid you did.  February 13-14 storm was 12.5 inches, the January 21 was 11.5 inches.

You should know better Soulsing  Smile 

Lol. Fine. ONE storm. 11.5 is 11.5. Plus, I said HECS ;-)

I hear ya, we got 21 here from the Valentines day storm but got robbed on many others. Someones gain is always anothers loss with these storms. HV is the biggest loser Monday for sure.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6662
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by mmanisca Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:31 pm

From Joe Bastardi
March 1 11:14 AM
I do not jellyfish forecasts. If I work at something, I will wait till convinced I am wrong to change it. Therefore before I shift the snow south from my current axis, which is close to the ECWMF 2 days ago and the NAM at 06z and JMA last night, I need to be convinced
You know its easy to look at a model and say thats it. Indeed that may be the case here. Its not like there is no storm, its just that this time DC would beat NYC, which really hasnt happened all winter, But its a heck of situation and there is some wicked cold come into this. I can hardly believe what I am seeing in southern Canada this morning.
But I know how tricky this is for a model. Its the same problem, that the energy streaks out of the main system coming into California and the northern branch takes it and runs with it. This streaks the snow out, pushes it south due to pressure rises behind it, and the weaker leftover system behind then hits the new baroclinic zone with heavy snows further south.
But there are subtle hints of problems even in the furthest south solutions. The fact that it stays moist in the cold air to the north so long. The fact that 30 meters weaker with the front runner and 30 meters stronger with the back system and its back to what we had 2 days ago.. indeed what we saw out of the JMA last night.
So as always, until I see what this looks like as it comes into the nation, and whenI dont have a "first guess" field, I stay with my idea. Its not like I havent had the idea now since Monday... I am just not willing to simply change it will convinced.
In any case its going to be a great snow event for alot of people. the argument now is that is SOUTH of I-70 with the axis of heaviest not between I-70 and I 80. Its not like the blizzard that disappeared, but like that storm, if you happen to miss the heaviest with this, its not like its the last chance. This pattern is one that since I did flip on the March 10 snap 3 weeks ago, to the memorable March idea, that I think will have winter snow threats in the plains to the mid and north atlantic states into April! The lakes could have the latest ice melt ever. Its been a heck of a winter.. and its not done yet
mmanisca
mmanisca

Posts : 182
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 62
Location : Deer Park, Long Island

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:34 pm

2nd call snow map posted

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20010
Reputation : 312
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by SNOW MAN Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Mugs the fishy clouds are passing through now. Too bad it won't matter that much anymore.  Sad 
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1353
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2013-01-13
Age : 61
Location : Marshalls Creek Pa.

Back to top Go down

1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: 1st Call Snow Map, March 3rd-4th Storm Discussion 2.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum