NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 2014 Observations/Discussions

+23
Math23x7
GreyBeard
skinsfan1177
pdubz
dad4twoboys
ClimateControl
sroc4
Aiosamoney21
mako460
Abba701
essexcountypete
Dtone
HectorO
CPcantmeasuresnow
SNOW MAN
Sparky Sparticles
amugs
aiannone
docstox12
NjWeatherGuy
Quietace
Frank_Wx
Dunnzoo
27 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 8 Empty Re: March 2014 Observations/Discussions

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Some people have been complaining about ads...this is the only solution

https://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/t286-advertisements-on-the-forum#23717

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 8 Empty Re: March 2014 Observations/Discussions

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:29 am

To try to increase our odds of the Monday event happenng I tried to delete the 2013/14 winter weather thread last night and this morning, but found I was only able to edit it and not able to delete it.

It has become obvious to anyone with a sane, rational mind that the aforementioned thread has unleashed some kind of evil snow thwarting power and it must be destroyed. Its powers may be so great at this point that maybe no human is capable of deleting it.

I gave it my best shot but now it's time for someone with greater powers than mine, an Administrator or Moderator to try.

Please proceed with caution, I believe it may have already developed cognizance, and the power to defend itself.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:31 am

HM and TWC say minor event at best so we have that going for us. I dont think youre the KOD but more so TV mets and HM.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:33 am

NjWeatherGuy wrote:HM and TWC say minor event at best so we have that going for us. I dont think youre the KOD but more so TV mets and HM.

2 inches of snow have fallen since that thread was setup on February 16th so the stats say otherwise.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:34 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:To try to increase our odds of the Monday event happenng I tried to delete the 2013/14 winter weather thread last night and this morning, but found I was only able to edit it and not able to delete it.

It has become obvious to anyone with a sane, rational mind that the aforementioned thread has unleashed some kind of evil snow thwarting power and it must be destroyed. Its powers may be so great at this point that maybe no human is capable of deleting it.

I gave it my best shot but now it's time for someone with greater powers than mine, an Administrator or Moderator to try.

Please proceed with caution, I believe it may have already developed cognizance, and the power to defend itself.

It sounds like something out an old Star Trek episode. I'm getting scared.  affraid 

SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:39 am

SNOW MAN wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:To try to increase our odds of the Monday event happenng I tried to delete the 2013/14 winter weather thread last night and this morning, but found I was only able to edit it and not able to delete it.

It sounds like something out an old Star Trek episode. I'm getting scared.  affraid 

Does the name Skynet ring a bell Mr. Terminator look alike?

BTW 12.2 here this morning, and you were what 12.1?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:44 am

Got to 14 here, surprisingly close considering youre significantly further north.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:48 am

NjWeatherGuy wrote:Got to 14 here, surprisingly close considering youre significantly further north.

Plus I still have a fairly deep snow cover, 6-10 inches, even in sunny spots. Probably the overcast skys, it seems to even temperatures out, region wide.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 am

My low was 8* at 5:28am. Right now it's 15* with cloudy skies. What's that I here in the background, ah yes it's the Rocky theme music. The reigning CHAMPION does it again, KNOCKING OUT his opponent once and for all. ADRIANNE I DID IT !!! lol!

I'd like to thank my manager Docstox (aka Mickey) for his expertise in training me and to all my fans out there in weather land. Thank you all for your support.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am

SNOW MAN wrote:My low was 8* at 5:28am. Right now it's 15* with cloudy skies. What's that I here in the background, ah yes it's the Rocky theme music. The reigning CHAMPION does it again, KNOCKING OUT his opponent once and for all. ADRIANNE I DID IT !!! lol!

Docs training regimen is already showing benefits, the last match was much closer.

I may have to see if I can persuade KSW to assist me.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:21 am

And YOU, Dr. Frankenstein, created this monster that is now running amok in the Village of Teleconnection.

Everybody grab your torches and pitchforks so we can corner this beast!

"All my life I have waited for a friend"!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:41 am

docstox12 wrote:

And YOU, Dr. Frankenstein, created this monster that is now running amok in the Village of Teleconnection.

lol! Excellent.

But seriously, can anyone delete it? I'm not a superstitious type, I'm a very logical, straight thinking man, but that thread is no good.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:41 am

I like that thread. So it's staying Smile

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:47 am

Frank_Wx wrote:I like that thread. So it's staying Smile

Frank:

I liked it too once, that's why I created it, but it has morphed into something evil.

At least you have cleared my conscience. As Pilate washed his hands of all blame, I symbolically do the same right now.

I just hope you know what you're doing Mr. Administrator.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:48 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

But seriously, can anyone delete it? I'm not a superstitious type, I'm a very logical, straight thinking man, but that thread is no good.

Hilarious, CP.

Anyway, Frank, the Capo de Capo says that thread stays.

Now your the fall guy if the storm fizzles out.

I see a scene from the Godfather......"CP, I know it was you.....you broke my heart!". Whatever you do after that, DO NOT, get into a rowboat with a fishing rod with one of the Snow Weenies here.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:52 am

Doc that's hilarious. I remember that scene!

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:55 am

Waiting on 12z nam, but the look of the 6z nam was so great. Two very potent short waves phase and close off H5 in the southeast, to then track it northeast while taking the trough negative.

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 8 Nam_z500_vort_namer_24

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:57 am

Glad to give you a laugh, Frank.We do have a lot of fun everyday here.These guys just feed me some great stuff to work with.

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:57 am

12z nam hour 24 and you can see both pieces of energy coming into focus. Very potent northern stream diving in with an amplified ridge

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 8 Nam500mb-hgt_rvort_us-24

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:59 am

This was the 6z nam snow map, and it's only through hours 84 with snow still falling.......

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 8 1912244_781189505243533_1473469023_o

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 am

12z suite has the southern vort fully sampled, not northern stream though.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 am

Like to see that heavy snow far to the north after that Mar. 3rd storm sank south a day before.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:04 am

Frank_Wx wrote:This was the 6z nam snow map, and it's only through hours 84 with snow still falling.......

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 8 1912244_781189505243533_1473469023_o

It's beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing, I just wish it was hour 24 and not 84.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:05 am

SREF mean (Bottom right) and it's members are so amplified that it brings rain / sleet into the picture. 1.50 total qpf, with around .80 qpf as snow and the rest rain.

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 8 F78

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 am

Looks like 12z nam is gunna show another phase

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 8 Nam500mb-hgt_rvort_us-33

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 am

I have a question, will there be any chances for snow after Mondays possible storm ?
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:08 am

SNOW MAN wrote:I have a question, will there be any chances for snow after Mondays possible storm ?

Maybe Wednesday

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum