NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Snow Map, Obs. Thread 3/3 Storm

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Final Snow Map, Obs. Thread 3/3 Storm - Page 7 Empty Re: Final Snow Map, Obs. Thread 3/3 Storm

Post by nujerzeedevil Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:13 am

@Quietace wrote:People are saying the GSP is crappy also south of exit 98.
I crossed over the GSP on Cedar Bridge (exit 89) and it looked passable.
nujerzeedevil
nujerzeedevil

Back to top Go down

Final Snow Map, Obs. Thread 3/3 Storm - Page 7 Empty Re: Final Snow Map, Obs. Thread 3/3 Storm

Post by Quietace Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:15 am

@nujerzeedevil wrote:
@Quietace wrote:
@nujerzeedevil wrote:
@Quietace wrote:
@ClimateControl wrote:Brick, NJ   Moderate snow with some blowing.  About 3+ inches on ground.  19 degrees as of 8:10AM.
I measured 3.2 a half hour ago here in Point.
Roads are ridiculously bad for this minor a storm. Brick road dept. dropped the ball yet again....
If skins is on, he works for PP beach DPW. He might have info on Brick and why they arent plowing. No plowing either here.
I really don't know what they wait for in this town. I assume their reasoning is that if the schools are closed then there is no sense of urgency to get it done. The problem is some of us have to go to work regardless of the conditions.
Brick has had plowing problems for years. Don understand why they cant fix the problem.

B.S. in Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:25 am

@Quietace wrote:
@nujerzeedevil wrote:
@Quietace wrote:
@ClimateControl wrote:Brick, NJ   Moderate snow with some blowing.  About 3+ inches on ground.  19 degrees as of 8:10AM.
I measured 3.2 a half hour ago here in Point.
Roads are ridiculously bad for this minor a storm. Brick road dept. dropped the ball yet again....
If skins is on, he works for PP beach DPW. He might have info on Brick and why they arent plowing. No plowing either here.
point beach dpw didnt plow until 7 alot of towns dropped the ball
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:40 am

Went out and measured again, around 4.5 inches and still snowing, but starting to lighten up.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:41 am

@Quietace wrote:Went out and measured again, around 4.5 inches and still snowing, but starting to lighten up.

Nice, got next to nothing here.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:49 am

Down to 17 degrees, still moderate snow. Ratios must be pretty impressive with this one.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ClimateControl Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:57 am

Sharp cut-off of snow moving south through northern Ocean County. Almost done here in Brick now. Final snow total for March 3 in Brick, NJ is 5.5 inches. I am just a few blocks in from Barnegat Bay.

Last edited by ClimateControl on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
ClimateControl
ClimateControl

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:05 am

@Quietace wrote:Went out and measured again, around 4.5 inches and still snowing, but starting to lighten up.
I under measured originally it seems, getting around 5 inches everywhere now.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nujerzeedevil Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:16 am

Snow has stopped altogether here in Lakewood....
nujerzeedevil
nujerzeedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:40 am

I got nada up here in the 'screw zone" if you will for this storm - CP and Snow nothing compares to you guys so far this winter with misses - remember that song by that nut job Sinead O'Conner.

Good for the jackpot zone folks - Ace and Skins!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:47 am

Pffffffffff, a bust as we expected up here in NYC and souther westchester, a dusting, I was actually surprised at that. Could blow it off my car. Well maybe we will get one more chance, one thing for sure that Polar Vortex making it really cold here!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:51 am

@Frank_Wx wrote:Man, the radar looks terrible. Will I even see a snow shower? CP you might be in sunshine tomorrow.

The suns not out yet Frank, but I haven't seen a flake, nor will I.

I suppose tomorrow morning I could take a shot at my winter low of -7.2F, (imagine that in March). Maybe a victory over Snow Man tomorrow morning will ease the pain. I'd rather be shoveling 15 inches of snow tomorrow, but you take the hand your delt and go with it.

Historically winters like this hardly ever produce no snow in March, I trust there will be another chance or two before we turn the calendar to April, even then who knows.

Th real KOD on this storm other than Henry, Bernie etc, was Bill Evans, saying on Thursday he believed NYC would break the all time snow record this season. With over 18 inches to go, come on Bill you know better. How about we break into the top 5 before making those declarations.

I also blame Snow Man, Docstox and Amugs for not taking the storm serious enough, those bastards killed it for us. JK
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dtone Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:52 am

Driving north this morning, look like a dusting reached extreme southern westchester. North of the cross county pkwy looks like not a single flake fell.

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 am

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:Man, the radar looks terrible. Will I even see a snow shower? CP you might be in sunshine tomorrow.

I suppose tomorrow morning I could take a shot at my winter low of -7.2F, (imagine that in March). Maybe a victory over Snow Man tomorrow morning will ease the pain. I'd rather be shoveling 15 inches of snow tomorrow, but you take the hand your delt and go with it.

Historically winters like this hardly ever produce no snow in March, I trust there will be another chance or two before we turn the calendar to April, even then who knows.

Th real KOD on this storm other than Henry, Bernie etc, was Bill Evans, saying on Thursday he believed NYC would break the all time snow record this season. With over 18 inches to go, come on Bill you know better. How about we break into the top 5 before making those declarations.

I also blame Snow Man, Docstox and Amugs for not taking the storm serious enough, those bastards killed it for us.  JK

CP - killed it? Calling me out on the family board you, you, TRAITOR!! Why I oughta............!!!

The KOD is from the pro mets and the friggin' social media calling this thing 4 -5 days out - I should have learned from 2001 that still brings back bad memories.

I knew Saturday we were done and that mr. PV would crush us - it has been such a major player with cold tis year - the trend for cold not our storms so to speak.

I am not feelin' the love and for that I hope SNOW beats you by.001 degree for a low tomorrow morning - if there such a measurement - take that MR. HV!! HAHAHA!!

Okay on another note the folks who post regularly and analyze on this board do a phenomenal job so with that said if we as a group get one wrong just look at the track record this winter - pretty FN good in my book and to those Debbie downers and naysayers, more so critics - get off the ship or better yet OUT OF MY SNOW WEENIE KINGDOM!! This is a friggin hobby that we are passionate about and do educate those and share lots of great information - form weather, sports, recipes, tips etc. I really perturbs me to read and hear this from some (a minority) of folks on the board and it will not detract from our "work" here. I have made quantum leaps in my knowledge in the weather from the old channel 7 board and from the folks here as well - I had no idea what an H5 map was or a Cape scale before. Just take it with a grain of salt and be positive - if not - there is something called Karma.

KING SNOW WEENNIE - MUGS

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:16 am

I also blame Snow Man, Docstox and Amugs for not taking the storm serious enough, those bastards killed it for us.  JK

Yeah, Channel 7 and Evans hyping? Come on, those guys are always 2 to 4 the day before we get 12.

No, CP, laying the guilt trip on me will not work, I was trained by the Yoda's of guilt in an Italian family, so your infantile attempt at inducing it in me has about as much impact as that one flake of snow that MIGHT have fallen in my yard this morning.

Anyhoo, you know the HV is now gonna be the hotspot when we get a late march storm that soaks the City East and South, mixes me into slopland in Bergen County and lays a foot or more up by you.Remember last March!!!!!

KCACO!!! (keep calm and carry on)
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:51 am

@amugs wrote:

CP - killed it?  Calling me out on the family board you, you, TRAITOR!! Why I oughta............!!!

The KOD is from the pro mets and the friggin' social media calling this thing 4 -5 days out - I should have  learned from 2001 that still brings back bad memories.

I knew Saturday we were done and that mr. PV would crush us - it has been such a major player with cold tis year - the trend for cold not our storms so to speak.

I am not feelin' the love and for that I hope SNOW beats you by.001 degree for a low tomorrow morning - if there such a measurement - take that MR. HV!! HAHAHA!!

Okay on another note the folks who post regularly and analyze on  this board do a phenomenal job so with that said if we as a group get one wrong just look at the track record this winter - pretty FN good in my book and to  those Debbie downers and naysayers, more so critics  - get off the ship or better yet OUT OF MY SNOW WEENIE KINGDOM!! This is a friggin hobby  that we are passionate about and do educate those and share lots of great information - form weather, sports, recipes, tips etc. I really perturbs me to read and hear this from some (a minority) of folks on the board and it will not detract from our "work" here.  I have made quantum leaps in my knowledge in the weather from the old channel 7 board and from the folks here as well - I had no idea what an H5 map was or a Cape scale before.  Just take it with a grain of salt and be positive - if not - there is something called Karma.

KING SNOW WEENNIE  - MUGS

Here Here  king O GREAT KING SNOW WEENIE  king I agree with your comments completely and as for those remarks about you, me, and Doc killing this storm.
We'll have our revenge tonight when I CRUSH him with my low temperature, then we'll see what old Cp has to say. Laughing  Laughing 

P.S. Mugs, I think Nj and Sroc need one of your  king  KING SNOW WEENIE  king  Patton style pep talks. I think their falling off the snow weenie wagon by some of their comments in their posts lately. More so Nj than Sroc. Please save them my Lord we're counting on you. LOL !!!
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:07 pm

14* and the sun is coming out. Well at least there won't be to much snow melt today.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Snowman:

This is how serious my thermometer takes your challenges.
Final Snow Map, Obs. Thread 3/3 Storm - Page 7 Thermo12

Is this the worried look of an inanimate object?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Lol at Mt Holly over ruling my observation. Lol they put the brick township observation instead. I dont care if hes a trained spotter my measurement was accurate. Cool.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:39 pm

You call that a thermometer. HUH, a mere toy. I'll have that (so called) thermometer going up in smoke when I report my low temp in tomorrow morning. Then you'll be bowing to me the KING  king  of low temps this season again. Laughing
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:49 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Snowman:

This is how serious my thermometer takes your challenges.
Final Snow Map, Obs. Thread 3/3 Storm - Page 7 Thermo12

Is this the worried look of an inanimate object?

Your choice of beverage is superb.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Good video about what went wrong here.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-video/video-storm-history-so-cal-rain-mid-atlantic-sow/655578741001
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dtone Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:Good video about what went wrong here.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-video/video-storm-history-so-cal-rain-mid-atlantic-sow/655578741001

If its any consolation, it seems DC area underachieved. more like 3"-6". not 6-12.

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:03 pm

@Dtone wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:Good video about what went wrong here.

If its any consolation, it seems DC area underachieved. more like 3"-6". not 6-12.

I hate to admit this, but that actually makes it a little easier to take. I didn't think they'd make that 8-12.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:05 pm

I watched the evening news with Brian Williams and Jim Cantore said they only got 5" in WDC.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum