NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 17th-18th Storm Potential Discussion

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

March 17th-18th Storm Potential Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: March 17th-18th Storm Potential Discussion

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 pm

And ur right alas but hey im a snow weenie and anything signifying snow I love.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

March 17th-18th Storm Potential Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: March 17th-18th Storm Potential Discussion

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Heck im probably a snow hotdog but will let mugs keep the top title lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Can someone please explain to me how to insert an image on here? It is SO difficult to figure out. 'Host it', 'Upload it', ...it just doesn't make sense. PLLLLLLEASE help.
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:08 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:And ur right alas but hey im a snow weenie and anything signifying snow I love.

Me too, but we've been burned so hard the past few storms, personally I'd rather not get hyped up early then if it trends down the crapper then I'm never really as disappointed as some of you guys are, sure it still gives me that sick feeling of anger but not to the extent of people expecting a massive storm. You've got to train your subconscious to not get excited far out, just think of the past few events. If it does work out, hey, then I'm pleasantly surprised, it's hard to lose with this mindset, it's not bittercasting, just realism.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:22 pm

@SoulSingMG wrote:Can someone please explain to me how to insert an image on here? It is SO difficult to figure out. 'Host it', 'Upload it', ...it just doesn't make sense. PLLLLLLEASE help.
Go to host a image icon. Click it, choose either a saved file or URL. Then click host it. Then copy the Image URL given and paste in in the message.

B.S. in Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 pm

NJ I respect your opinion BUT even though we have been let down it wouldnt be the first time in 20+ years for me, you get used to it, it happens lol.  I cannot complain as I have been through some pretty incredible events, hurricane gloria, bob, a few TS I cant remember their names, blizzard of 93, some insane severe thunderstorms and of course irene and sandy.  I do not get mad or all that upset, the only thing I get a tiny bit annoyed about is the lack of sleep.  Which is why I have NOT been staying up for crazy late model runs.  Now the one thing that really got me into models was Sandy, and how accurate the Euro was 10 days out,  And I KNEW it was going to be bad, just not to the extent it was I mean 946mb holy smokes!  Everyone at work dismissed me because Irene wasn't much down here but my grandfather in VTs town was devastated. I kept on saying its coming its coming which is why I hesitate that I jinx anything I called that one spot on as did the Euro.  So we miss some and hit others spot on.  Compared to last year this was a rockin winter and as much as I wanted a HECS and am still hoping we could see one I won't be miserable if we do not.  I am already thinking about hurricane season and the Farmers almanac has ALOT of tropical activity for the east coast and our area.  Versus last year they were spot on with very little activity.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:41 pm

BTW what is up with this ad in the middle of my browser on this site?  Really annoying.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mako460 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:42 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@jmanley32 wrote:And ur right alas but hey im a snow weenie and anything signifying snow I love.

Me too, but we've been burned so hard the past few storms, personally I'd rather not get hyped up early then if it trends down the crapper then I'm never really as disappointed as some of you guys are, sure it still gives me that sick feeling of anger but not to the extent of people expecting a massive storm. You've got to train your subconscious to not get excited far out, just think of the past few events. If it does work out, hey, then I'm pleasantly surprised, it's hard to lose with this mindset, it's not bittercasting, just realism.

Everybody just relax, it's the middle of March and we have a snowstorm to track, how bad could that be? If it comes through for us that would be great, if it doesn't, at least we had a few more days of tracking an event. I for one am not ready to start changing out equipment from snowplows and snowblowers for lawn mowers and weedwhackers. If it was up to me the Daffodils, Tulips, and Crocus could stay buried under snowpack for another 2 months. But we know that's not going to happen so enjoy the ride while we still have the chance and hope for the best.

mako460
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:BTW what is up with this ad in the middle of my browser on this site?  Really annoying.

It's always been there for me.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@jmanley32 wrote:BTW what is up with this ad in the middle of my browser on this site?  Really annoying.

It's always been there for me.
I use Google chrome, and have no ads. I have pop up blocker and a few other things installed also though which might be eliminating them.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 pm

+2 on the ads. really annoying.I guess Frank is renting out space on the site Laughing 

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:50 pm

@GreyBeard wrote:+2 on the ads. really annoying.I guess Frank is renting out space on the site Laughing 
Its the site that hosts the forum, not us. What browser are you using?

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:52 pm

New laptop has ie 11 on it.There's no way to x out of the ad?

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:55 pm

@GreyBeard wrote:New laptop has ie 11 on it.There's no way to x out of the ad?
I dont have the problem on Google Chrome. We will figure something out.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Well we should def know alot more in the next several model runs and def by the weekend.  I think if things get better by then then we can start talking totals.  Even Rayno didnt give us the KOD by saying he doesn't know about totals in his 5pm video.  Personally I like him and think he is rather funny.  Especially when he makes his booboos with his drawings lol.  He did a very unbiased video this time and someone must be talking to him from here lol.  And some forecast site still have it clear and nice Monday.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:58 pm

ace im a firefox man and i don't plan to switch, if it cant be fixed for firefox i can deal with it.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Been having the same problem on firefox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Yeah wasnt a problem weeks back

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 pm

@Quietace wrote:

It's funny. I was looking at a few things on the staples website before I came on here,and the items I was looking at are now in the ad banner on this site. affraid Big Brother is watching What a Face

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by pdubz Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Just tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome with adblock turned off and i don't see anything. The only time iv seen ads on here is when i go on mobile but even then its just a top banner ad.
pdubz
pdubz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:03 pm

@GreyBeard wrote:
@Quietace wrote:

It's funny. I was looking at a few thing on the staples website before I came on here,and the items I was looking at are now in the ad banner on this site. affraid Big Brother is watching What a Face 

Yes this is pretty unnerving, I've noticed after I do google searches on things the ad banners show up with something very related. It's no coincidence, Accuweather banners show up on mine alot lol.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:04 pm

@pdubz wrote:Just tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome with adblock turned off and i don't see anything. The only time iv seen ads on here is when i go on mobile but even then its just a top banner ad.

When you say adblock,do you mean popup block.Where is adblock in ie?

GreyBeard
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:06 pm

18z NAVGEM (typically progressive)

March 17th-18th Storm Potential Discussion - Page 5 3_131810
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pdubz Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:09 pm

@GreyBeard wrote:
@pdubz wrote:Just tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome with adblock turned off and i don't see anything. The only time iv seen ads on here is when i go on mobile but even then its just a top banner ad.

When you say adblock,do you mean popup block.Where is adblock in ie?

this is what i mean

NOTE: this link is only for Internet Explorer
https://adblockplus.org/en/internet-explorer

I have it installed on all my browsers

Last edited by pdubz on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
pdubz
pdubz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:09 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:18z NAVGEM (typically progressive)

March 17th-18th Storm Potential Discussion - Page 5 3_131810
Good amount of QPF also.
The 2nd low it forms near Wed is SE of the area.
March 17th-18th Storm Potential Discussion - Page 5 Nav_to10

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum