NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*BLOG* (page 13) March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm

+23
dsix85
emokid51783
Nkw40
skinsfan1177
oldtimer
Snow88
Frank_Wx
mako460
Quietace
pdubz
Sanchize06
essexcountypete
SoulSingMG
nutleyblizzard
docstox12
Dunnzoo
NjWeatherGuy
CPcantmeasuresnow
algae888
SNOW MAN
sroc4
jmanley32
amugs
27 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

*BLOG* (page 13) March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm - Page 4 Empty Re: *BLOG* (page 13) March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:47 pm

J man, don't get angry with me but I really don't like wind.My house is surrounded by 80 foot tall oak trees and I live in terror when it blows up over 50 MPH here.Sandy did me in.80 MPH winds.Those oaks were flipping around like I've never seen.Went down to the basement and got s__t faced drunk until the wind died down.And, as a result of that wonderful wind.I froze my arse off without power 8 days.Ask me if I like wind....go ahead, ask me,LOL!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

*BLOG* (page 13) March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm - Page 4 Empty Re: *BLOG* (page 13) March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:49 pm

@SNOW MAN wrote:
@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@SNOW MAN wrote:Doc I think we need to get CP to Lucy's 5 cent psychiatric stand as quickly as possible. I think he's ready to crack or go postal.  affraid 

Who are you kidding Snow Man? You're like my identical twin when it comes to this stuff.

Your right I cannot tell a lie.
My wife actually bought me a salt and pepper shaker of Lucy and her stand. Do you think she's trying to tell me something ?

You and CP need to spend time in that nuthouse like Inspector Dreyfuss in that Peter Sellers Clouseau movie.You'll get the cure!

"Every day in every way you're getting better"....until some kid throws a snowball in your face!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:50 pm

@nutleyblizzard wrote:A couple of things to point out. Unlike the last three storms, this is an entire different set up. We are dealing with an intense miller A coastal. This winter whenever we were dealing with a coastal, they ultimately trended NW over time, especially 72 hours and under time frame. Will this do the same? Only time will tell. Also, the EURO historically seems to get a better handle on miller A storms, so I would tend to follow it more along with its ensembles. I got a feeling the GFS is up to its usual games showing an OTS solution. Think it will start playing catch up in the days ahead. How close will this storm get to us god only knows, but I'll tell you one thing, if the timing is right and that southern vort  fully phases in and rides the benchmark, look out!!! affraid 

You make a lot of sense Nutley, I buy alot of what you just said.

Damn you.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:51 pm

@Dunnzoo wrote:OMG! We need a meet up soon! You guys are too much!

It gets even funnier when we all will get plastered on beer and shots when we get together.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:53 pm

@nutleyblizzard wrote:A couple of things to point out. Unlike the last three storms, this is an entire different set up. We are dealing with an intense miller A coastal. This winter whenever we were dealing with a coastal, they ultimately trended NW over time, especially 72 hours and under time frame. Will this do the same? Only time will tell. Also, the EURO historically seems to get a better handle on miller A storms, so I would tend to follow it more along with its ensembles. I got a feeling the GFS is up to its usual games showing an OTS solution. Think it will start playing catch up in the days ahead. How close will this storm get to us god only knows, but I'll tell you one thing, if the timing is right and that southern vort  fully phases in and rides the benchmark, look out!!! affraid 

You make a lot of sense Nutley, I buy alot of what you just said.

Damn you.

Now you did it, Nutley!

The demons are now on the loose and there will be no peace in CP's soul until the resolution of this storm.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:55 pm

@docstox12 wrote:J man, don't get angry with me but I really don't like wind.My house is surrounded by 80 foot tall oak trees and I live in terror when it blows up over 50 MPH here.Sandy did me in.80 MPH winds.Those oaks were flipping around like I've never seen.Went down to the basement and got s__t faced drunk until the wind died down.And, as a result of that wonderful wind.I froze my arse off without power 8 days.Ask me if I like wind....go ahead, ask me,LOL!

I'm with you Doc. Wind to me is nothing but BIG problems. The year that Sandy hit I cut 35 trees down around my house that summer. I always feared what could happen if they hit my house. Boy was I glad that I did after I saw what happened to my neighbors homes and property's. It was a good investment.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:56 pm

@SNOW MAN wrote:Well believe it or not I'm having a snow shower right now. Could this be a sign of things to come ?

I think that snow shower was just your wife on the second floor shaking out the mop.

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 pm

@SNOW MAN wrote:
@docstox12 wrote:J man, don't get angry with me but I really don't like wind.My house is surrounded by 80 foot tall oak trees and I live in terror when it blows up over 50 MPH here.Sandy did me in.80 MPH winds.Those oaks were flipping around like I've never seen.Went down to the basement and got s__t faced drunk until the wind died down.And, as a result of that wonderful wind.I froze my arse off without power 8 days.Ask me if I like wind....go ahead, ask me,LOL!

I'm with you Doc. Wind to me is nothing but BIG problems. The year that Sandy hit I cut 35 trees down around my house that summer. I always feared what could happen if they hit my house. Boy was I glad that I did after I saw what happened to my neighbors homes and property's. It was a good investment.

Excellent planning and execution, SNOW. A PLUS!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Nutley really the only coastal this year was 2/13, there were other coastals that trended OTS such as the storm a few weeks ago that made a hard right at Hatteras. There is not really a definitive trend with coastals, sometimes it's OTS due to too far east trough and sometimes it trends west due to better phasing. Also, 1 run of the EURO is not gospel, there hasn't been enough runs showing that this "trend" if it even is that, is for real. Also it's still very far out. A look at the ensemble members and you see a vast majority of them are OTS and the mean being far to the east as well. At this point the best we can do is sit tight and see if anything happens. Still, the trough axis is too far east and unless we see major trends or continual trends towards a further west one then the storm is going to be OTS, plain and simple. In addition lack of blocking and less than stellar teleconnections do not help.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Since this isn't the storm thread (as there isn't one yet), I'm gonna be a little annoying and ask y'alls opinion on something:

I am driving back from Montreal on Wednesday AM (leave Montreal around 10am and arrive in NYC around 4pm). What's our general consensus on if this has a potential to affect the I-87 corridor or not? I have a Jeep but I mean.....  pale 
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm

p.s. EURO Ensemble Mean comes in, shows a huge hit.
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:Nutley really the only coastal this year was 2/13, there were other coastals that trended OTS such as the storm a few weeks ago that made a hard right at Hatteras. There is not really a definitive trend with coastals, sometimes it's OTS due to too far east trough and sometimes it trends west due to better phasing. Also, 1 run of the EURO is not gospel, there hasn't been enough runs showing that this "trend" if it even is that, is for real. Also it's still very far out. A look at the ensemble members and you see a vast majority of them are OTS and the mean being far to the east as well. At this point the best we can do is sit tight and see if anything happens. Still, the trough axis is too far east and unless we see major trends or continual trends towards a further west one then the storm is going to be OTS, plain and simple. In addition lack of blocking and less than stellar teleconnections do not help.

The voice of reason always brings me back to earth, when I start to get suckered in.

Thanks Tom.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Nutley Frankj specificallyu said yesterday this is not a Miller a but a A & B hybrid type sityuation or a B, but def not an A. Look back quite a few pages back, unless it has changed since then. But I like what you said and thats why I am not so skeptical as it is a entirely different setup. Doc and CP you guysw are nuts but so am I, why else would I be a sociual worker? Low pay and working with mentally ill people all day long will drive anyone nuts! And I live in a apartment building so maybe I am biased to wind since it doesnt affect me although I will say 5 days in dark from Sandy wasn't so fun. Maybe when I am a homeowner I will feel differently if that day ever comes.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:Nutley really the only coastal this year was 2/13, there were other coastals that trended OTS such as the storm a few weeks ago that made a hard right at Hatteras. There is not really a definitive trend with coastals, sometimes it's OTS due to too far east trough and sometimes it trends west due to better phasing. Also, 1 run of the EURO is not gospel, there hasn't been enough runs showing that this "trend" if it even is that, is for real. Also it's still very far out. A look at the ensemble members and you see a vast majority of them are OTS and the mean being far to the east as well. At this point the best we can do is sit tight and see if anything happens. Still, the trough axis is too far east and unless we see major trends or continual trends towards a further west one then the storm is going to be OTS, plain and simple. In addition lack of blocking and less than stellar teleconnections do not help.

The voice of reason always brings me back to earth, when I start to get suckered in.

Thanks Tom.

I was going to post that as well.The voice of reason in a sea of madness.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 pm

@docstox12 wrote:
@SNOW MAN wrote:Well believe it or not I'm having a snow shower right now. Could this be a sign of things to come ?

I think that snow shower was just your wife on the second floor shaking out the mop.

That's a good one Doc, but there's only one problem I don't have a second floor.  Shocked 
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 pm

soul got any maps of that hit you spoke of? Im not holding back, I wanna see everything wether we get it or not : )
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:18 pm

@SNOW MAN wrote:
@docstox12 wrote:

That's a good one Doc, but there's only one problem I don't have a second floor.  Shocked 

Ah, crap, there goes my joke!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:20 pm

@docstox12 wrote:

Or from the sneezes that the wind carried from my open windows!! Hurry shut them now or else!!

Okay, Nuts hit the nail on the head to a degree and we do not want to be in the bulls eye at all until it happens Tuesday night folks - the last three we got ungats - nada - nyet and we were in the bulls eye this far out. So let's learn a good lesson study  'Fish are our Freinds" no no no "Fa Ra Ra Ra, Ra Ra Ra RAAAAAAA! No No No - Keep the eye on the prize , Learn from our past.

Okay, my flight leaves in a two hours and thanks Doc for the tix on Malaysians Airline flight 3871 from KL to Bejing - those pilots  alien  I wouldn't trust with flying my kids my stingray kite. pirat They fill in the white eye. clip its tail and take it inalnd until it runs out of fuel yelling BONZAI!!!!Suspect 

The only frozen bananas I will be encountering are those in the dirty monkey, banana daiquiri, banana martini split and a banana margarita folks!

Now this bad boy will come to fruition and I will then be allowed back in my fictitious kingdom. king 

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Thanks Tom.

Nj is like a cowboy at a rodeo, he takes out his rope and lasso's us and brings us back to the facts.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:25 pm

You guys drink alot lol, I dont really drink so I cant really join in on that one.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:33 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:Nutley Frankj specificallyu said yesterday this is not a Miller a but a A & B hybrid type sityuation or a B, but def not an A.  Look back quite a few pages back, unless it has changed since then.  But I like what you said and thats why I am not so skeptical as it is a entirely different setup.  Doc and CP you guysw are nuts but so am I, why else would I be a sociual worker? Low pay and working with mentally ill people all day long will drive anyone nuts!  And I live in a apartment building so maybe I am biased to wind since it doesnt affect me although I will say 5 days in dark from Sandy wasn't so fun.  Maybe when I am  a homeowner I will feel differently if that day ever comes.
This is looking more and more like a Miller A not a B. a LP develops around the GOM and comes north.

WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Euro Control - only if it was tomorrow night - wow - folks.

Like I posted early in the day from WPC, SPC and Holly - we need to wait until Sat 6z/12z runs to get a better sampling of the energy but for now this is pure eye candy

*BLOG* (page 13) March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm - Page 4 Post-334-0-93827000-1395347232

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:38 pm

@amugs wrote:Euro Control - only if it was tomorrow night - wow - folks.

Like I posted early in the day from WPC, SPC and Holly - we need to wait until Sat 6z/12z runs to get a better sampling of the energy but for now this is pure eye candy

*BLOG* (page 13) March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm - Page 4 Post-334-0-93827000-1395347232

Geez it's like something out of somebodys fantasy storm thread.

I will not get suckered in, I will not get suckered in, I will not get suckered in.

Where's Tom when I need him?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:41 pm

That is even further west, what is the diff between that and the euro we saw earlier? BTW Upton is calling for snow in eastern CT and MA, seems they like the Euro atm.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:43 pm

well mugs who knows maybe itwill show something even crazier or the same tomorrow night, thats Friday though, I thought we were waiting till Sat night for a better handle?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum