NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm Potential 2.0

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm Potential 2.0 - Page 20 Empty Re: March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm Potential 2.0

Post by pdubz Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:49 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:he said the same about the last 2 storms, hes a joke, wishcaster and hyper, i dont even consider him a real met

off topic but you'll be here for severe and hurricane season right?
pdubz
pdubz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm Potential 2.0 - Page 20 Empty Re: March 25th-26th Possible Coastal Storm Potential 2.0

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:51 pm

@pdubz wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:he said the same about the last 2 storms, hes a joke, wishcaster and hyper, i dont even consider him a real met

yes, i love both
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pdubz Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:53 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@pdubz wrote:

yes, i love both

good hopefully its an active season
pdubz
pdubz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:56 pm

If someone could tell me where I can start a tropics topic I have a very good source for a video on the 2014 tropics.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:57 pm

So as of latest what is coastal nj looking at as of winds,snow,tidal flooding
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:00 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:If someone could tell me where I can start a tropics topic I have a very good source for a video on the 2014 tropics.
Sure ill make one right now.

B.S. in Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:00 pm

I hope so last year was a snoozefest
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:01 pm

@skinsfan1177 wrote:So as of latest what is coastal nj looking at as of winds,snow,tidal flooding
We wont have any problems skins. Maybe a few inches of snow. Winds only 20-30mph at times. Some beach erosion though.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by pdubz Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:02 pm

@NjWeatherGuy wrote:I hope so last year was a snoozefest

it really was somehow the storms always lost steam right before they reached us.. dont know why but will learn more this season
pdubz
pdubz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:02 pm

yes skins i got wxbell. as for now models show not much euro showed a period of 40-50kt wind gusts but only a few inches snow, gfs 18z showed almost no snow even for care.  Pretty muuh everyone feels its a miss but something seems strange to me but its probably just wishing.

Last edited by jmanley32 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:04 pm

I will tell you here although its off topic, Levi from Tropical Tidbits and from other sources it looks to be a very quiet cape verde season. And Gulf season. However we may have a lot to watch out for (in fact beginning of june farmers almanac calls for tropical threat to mid atlantic). Homegrown storms near the east coast may be a issue this year with warm waters off east coast. But a normal to slightly below normal season.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:20 pm

@Quietace wrote:
@skinsfan1177 wrote:So as of latest what is coastal nj looking at as of winds,snow,tidal flooding
We wont have any problems skins. Maybe a few inches of snow. Winds only 20-30mph at times. Some beach erosion though.
do you have tidal info ace how many feet above norm
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:24 pm

@skinsfan1177 wrote:
@Quietace wrote:
do you have tidal info ace how many feet above norm
We are in a new moon, well be ok except the usual places in Bay Head that flood but average tide Tuesday will be 4.3 as normal at High am, id say add maybe a few inches max to that.. Beaches will take a beating though.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ClimateControl Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:49 pm

@pdubz wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@pdubz wrote:

yes, i love both

I live in Brick, NJ just across from Mantoloking where the ocean breached into Barnegat Bay washing houses into the bridge and knocking it out during Sandy. We still have hundreds, maybe thoudands of displaced people here. In fact, you must have heard about the fatal motel fire in Pt. Pleasant Beach this week, in which 4 were killed. Well, many of the residents of that motel were Sandy victims who lost their homes and still have no place to live. Why would you want an active hurricane season? If would only mean death, destruction and hardships on all those impacted. Come down to Rt. 35 and drive from Bay Head to Seaside Hts. and you will still see all the devastation from Sandy.
ClimateControl
ClimateControl

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:51 pm

@ClimateControl wrote:
@pdubz wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@pdubz wrote:

yes, i love both

I live in Brick, NJ just across from Mantoloking where the ocean breached into Barnegat Bay washing houses into the bridge and knocking it out during Sandy.  We still have hundreds,  maybe thoudands of displaced people here.  In fact, you must have heard about the fatal motel fire in Pt. Pleasant Beach this week, in which 4 were killed.  Well, many of the residents of that motel were Sandy victims who lost their homes and still have no place to live.   Why would you want an active hurricane season?  If would only mean death, destruction and hardships on all those impacted.  Come down to Rt. 35 and drive  from Bay Head to Seaside Hts. and you will still see all the devastation from Sandy.  
This is the sad truth and many who live by us on this forum (theirs quite a few) would agree. I always say i want to see a Cat 5 in the middle of the Atlantic. We have been lucky this winter that we havent had extremely power nor'easters.

Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:02 pm

@Quietace wrote:
@ClimateControl wrote:
@pdubz wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@pdubz wrote:

yes, i love both

I live in Brick, NJ just across from Mantoloking where the ocean breached into Barnegat Bay washing houses into the bridge and knocking it out during Sandy.  We still have hundreds,  maybe thoudands of displaced people here.  In fact, you must have heard about the fatal motel fire in Pt. Pleasant Beach this week, in which 4 were killed.  Well, many of the residents of that motel were Sandy victims who lost their homes and still have no place to live.   Why would you want an active hurricane season?  If would only mean death, destruction and hardships on all those impacted.  Come down to Rt. 35 and drive  from Bay Head to Seaside Hts. and you will still see all the devastation from Sandy.  
This is the sad truth and many who live by us on this forum (theirs quite a few) would agree. I always say i want to see a Cat 5 in the middle of the Atlantic. We have been lucky this winter that we havent had extremely power nor'easters.
It sure is the truth and very sad but we in shore community are getting their their was a lot of destruction and many people to this day are still displaced from Sandy. I for one would never ever want to go through anything that Sandy brought here and again work in the middle of it. My own life was at risk but I work for the town and that's part of the job so to speak. From a weather fanatic and enthusiast im still learning about weather so If I may say I don't think anyone on here wishes any harm but wants to see what mother nature has in store that's all, I mean isn't this why we are on here to learn and for some to see whats expected.
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:07 pm

@ClimateControl wrote:
@pdubz wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@pdubz wrote:

yes, i love both

My aunt and uncle own a house in Ortley Beach which was severely damaged by Sandy. Between dealing with the insurance company and the local governments new building codes my uncle was under so much stress it finally took it's toll on him. He passed away on August 9 2013. Unfortunately he never got to see his house repaired and now my aunt is on her own to trying to accomplish this. We don't need any hurricanes-EVER !
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:12 pm

I know how terrible sandy was but we cannot deny the impressiveness of its power and tracking it was just unbelieveable shock
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:17 pm

@SNOW MAN wrote:
@ClimateControl wrote:
@pdubz wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@pdubz wrote:

yes, i love both

My aunt and uncle own a house in Ortley Beach which was severely damaged by Sandy. Between dealing with the insurance company and the local governments new building codes my uncle was under so much stress it finally took it's toll on him. He passed away on August 9 2013. Unfortunately he never got to see his house repaired and now my aunt is on her own to trying to accomplish this. We don't need any hurricanes-EVER !
Snow,

Sorry to hear this. Jeez what a shame. That area got rocked to the core by Sandy. RIP snow's Uncle.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:18 pm

@SNOW MAN wrote:
@ClimateControl wrote:
@pdubz wrote:
@NjWeatherGuy wrote:
@pdubz wrote:

yes, i love both

Sorry to here that Snowman it was really unreal what I saw
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Thank you Mugs and skins. It was a very sad time in my family because just about a month earlier (7-13-2013) I lost my brother. I get choked up about it every time I talk about it. Thank you again for your condolences.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Snowman so very hard to hear that. My school Hunter College did a lot of outreach work for those areas and I had several classmates who were displaced for over a year. The power of a hurricane is amazoing to watch but never would I wish upon anyone what Sandy, Andrew, Katrina etc did to people their lives and loved ones. The fact is we cannot control mother nature and if tropical activity threatens the best thing we can do is be prepared as best we can.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:26 pm

snowman sorry to hear about your uncle and the tragedy that Sandy caused. I think that people who love hurricanes and tornadoes would feel differently if one struck their home or to took a loved one's life. Ask people who live in the midwest. they probably never wanna see a tornado again ever and if there was a way that they could prevent them from happening theywould be the first to do so. it's one thing to be amazed by their power it's another thing to wish that they form. there is nothing good about them.
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:46 pm

15z SREFS

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/SREF21PRSNE_15z/srefloop.html

What I would give to see that monster 25 miles off the NJ coast.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Thank you Algae and Jman, Your condolences are deeply appreciated. Algae, your post says it all perfectly. Thanks again to both of you.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum