NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Chatham, MA Storm Chase Experience

+8
docstox12
skinsfan1177
Joe Snow
Frank_Wx
devsman
Dunnzoo
amugs
aiannone
12 posters

Go down

My Chatham, MA Storm Chase Experience Empty My Chatham, MA Storm Chase Experience

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:10 pm

This trip was truly the trip of a lifetime and I couldn't be happier that I made the choice to go. I was interviewed by 2 news stations and then went live on The Weather Channel with Jim Cantore. For lack of time, I don't have time to upload pictures and videos of the storm, but here I do have the 3 videos of me on the news and on The Weather Channel. Enjoy! You know a TV celeb now lol

Let me know if these links work.....

The Weather Channel
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=fff05f204a26e240&id=FFF05F204A26E240%21134&parid=FFF05F204A26E240!138&ithint=folder,&authkey=!AP4TJOfQTKijLoU

Fox 25 Boston
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=fff05f204a26e240&id=FFF05F204A26E240%21135&parid=FFF05F204A26E240!138&ithint=folder,&authkey=!AP4TJOfQTKijLoU

CBS Boston (Audio Only)
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=fff05f204a26e240&id=FFF05F204A26E240%21133&parid=FFF05F204A26E240!138&ithint=folder,&authkey=!AP4TJOfQTKijLoU

Jim Cantore and I
My Chatham, MA Storm Chase Experience Chatha10

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

My Chatham, MA Storm Chase Experience Empty Re: My Chatham, MA Storm Chase Experience

Post by amugs Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Alex, 

Congrats to you and I applaud you for your courage and storm chasing. What an incredible series of events for you, something that will be with your entire life, awesome. We, and I speak for all of us on this board, are so proud of you and you did a phenomenal job representing yourself, your family, and the rest of us weather weenie's. A proud moment for you kid.

Mugs

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

My Chatham, MA Storm Chase Experience Empty Re: My Chatham, MA Storm Chase Experience

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Thank you very much mugs! It was certainly an experience i will never forget and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Never thought the trip would end up like this!

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Awesome job Alex! You definitely have the right personality for broadcasting! Very articulate and confident!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks Janet! Hopefully i'll be doing what Cantore does some day lol!

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by devsman Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:01 pm

I showed you to people at my job. You made me wish i was 20 years younger and had the adventurous attitude you showed in this last storm. You made this forum proud. You are my Mickey Mantle.
devsman
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:12 pm

devsman wrote:I showed you to people at my job. You made me wish i was 20 years younger and had the adventurous attitude you showed in this last storm. You made this forum proud.  You are my Mickey Mantle.

Thanks man! Hopefully you will see me on TV in a few years, and you can say i remember when he posted on a weather forum lol!

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Alex you really did make this forum proud. I'm so glad you went on that chase because not only did you get to meet Cantore and get interviewed by other news stations, you got the sheer experience of what storm chasing is really like and probably just made you even more eager to continue Meteorology and pursue it as a career. From what I have seen, you have the persona, confidence, and right mentality for this field and I wish you nothing but the BEST. Keep doing what you do.

Frank

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm

P.S.- videos not working for me

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks Frank, i really appreciate the complements. Hmm... that's weird, i think they worked for everyone else. Are you mobile?

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Nvm, they work if I download them. On the top, there is a download option. Use that if it does not work for you

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Ok cool, let me know if you are able to watch them!

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Watched them all. Just amazing!

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 pm

Great Vids congrats! you said you were going to do it and you did.

So whats next? storm chasing in the mid west?
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:12 am

That's great mets good for you the videos where great definetly an experience you will never forget.
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:37 am

Alex, your a natural broadcaster.What an experience.I'll be watching for you someday broadcasting somewhere.Jim Cantore is a great guy, I'm sure he'll give you a boost on your resume if you need it.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:01 am

This is awesome Alex. Btw, visiting Lyndon April 29th, hope i like it.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:47 am

Quietace wrote:This is awesome Alex. Btw, visiting Lyndon April 29th, hope i like it.

Hey Ace,

I will do for you what I did for Alex and that is put you in touch with one of my former students and soccer players - yes Ace a soccer player who was an Academic and Athletic All American at Lyndon State. He worked for Noaa for a good 8 years in Alaska and is now teaching science in Vermont. Let me know and I will PM his info you okay - he, and Alex can attest since he contacted him, is a great guy and he would be part of our board but is jus too dam far away - he Janet got me involved in the NJWO back in 1998 when we would talk weather in class - you see Ace we would have a blast if I had you or Alex in my class.

Alex, you will always be part of this forum family no matter how near or far you will always be one of us and you will never forget your roots when you are famous broadcasting for your own TV Weather network someday!! Very Happy 

Mugs

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:58 am

amugs wrote:
Quietace wrote:This is awesome Alex. Btw, visiting Lyndon April 29th, hope i like it.

Hey Ace,

I will do for you what I did for Alex and that is put you in touch with one of my former students and soccer players - yes Ace a soccer player who was an Academic and Athletic All American at Lyndon State. He worked for Noaa for a good 8 years in Alaska and is now teaching science in Vermont. Let me know and I will PM his info you okay - he, and Alex can attest since he contacted him,  is a great guy and he would be part of our board but is jus too dam far away - he Janet got me involved in the NJWO back in 1998 when we would talk weather in class - you see Ace we would have a blast if I had you or Alex in my class.

Alex, you will always be part of this forum family no matter how near or far you will always be one of us and you will never forget your roots when you are famous broadcasting for your own TV Weather network someday!! Very Happy 

Mugs
That would be great. Ill shoot him a email when i get time.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:50 am

Cantore called you "...my good friend Alex..."! SO cool.

Props to your dad and uncle for their support of your interests and your education. Not a lot of folks would be willing to make that trip.

I get the feeling you'll be seeing Cantore again somewhere down the line. You have a great future ahead of you Alex. Congratulations!
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nofoboater Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Alex, good stuff man. So nice to see a fellow Long Islander go for the big times on TV. I have a friend and meteorologist Tim Drawbridge that I went to grade school with whom I regret not keeping in touch with.
http://www.news10.com/story/23071150/news10s-tim-drawbridge

I saw Cantore during a noreaster on the jetties at Shinnecock Inlet back in the late 90's. He was in Classic Cantore form with the waves breaking over him. He's quite the character.

Good Luck man.

nofoboater

Back to top Go down

Post by HeresL Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:12 am

What an awesome experience! Thank you for sharing! Best of luck to you in the future! I am a high school teacher so it is so refreshing to see a young man be so excited about his future and so confident about what he wants to do. Keep it up!!
HeresL
HeresL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum