NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr.G announces his retirement from CBS FM Radio

5 posters

Go down

Mr.G announces his retirement from CBS FM Radio Empty Mr.G announces his retirement from CBS FM Radio

Post by amugs Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:25 am

This morning Mr. G announced his retirement from CBS FM 101.1 in NY.

Mr. G will always be remembered for his kind and friendly personality and the way he was able to deliver forecasts in an easy to understand and comforting manner.

I still have fond childhood memories of listening to his forecasts before some of our biggest blizzards and weather events.

Although Mr. G is retiring from radio, he will remain the on air met for WPIX 11 for a time. We wish Mr. G good luck in his future endevours.

This is off the wire I think he lost his touch as a met over time imo.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Mr.G announces his retirement from CBS FM Radio Empty Re: Mr.G announces his retirement from CBS FM Radio

Post by nutleyblizzard Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:49 pm

One of my first memories of Mr. G on tv was when I was ten years old way back in 1976 when hurricane Belle threatened our area. He is one of the reasons why I love the weather today. Have a happy retirement Mr. G you will be missed. Sad
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Mr.G announces his retirement from CBS FM Radio Empty Re: Mr.G announces his retirement from CBS FM Radio

Post by SNOW MAN Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:15 pm

One of his famous lines was "we could get some snow or SOME SNOW". I hope he has a GREAT time as a retiree. Best wishes to Mr. G. you will truly be missed.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Always liked Mr.G.Remember him going nuts describing the dumping of snow we got in the Feb.1983 snowstorm.Loved how Harry Harrison busted Mr.G's B_lls on the WCBS FM radio program in the morning years ago.Mr.G is a wonderful, likable gentleman who harkens back to the NYC weatherperson days of Gloria Okon,Tex Antoine, and Frank Field.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by H.G. Rising Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 am

I remember him visiting my middle school. The entire school gathered in the multipurpose room and listened to him talk. At the time, in my little world, he made the weather man seem like a rock star.
H.G. Rising
H.G. Rising

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum